Privateer
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Privateer

*Is checking out but can't download because Bemanistyle is a bitch*
Old 12-6-2003, 10:13 AM   #3
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x

Hm.. played it on challenge.. My reaview is:
it sucks.. not to be mean... but as of late.. a lot of people have been throwing is doubles in the middle of runs just to throw people off.. that doesn't make the song hard.. just utterly stupid... and makes me want to delete it off the internet..
A tip to all who are thinking of makeing a stepfile.. DO NOT just thrown in random doubles to try and make your song hard.. songs like these.. (gravity, G2, A (bmr's), Ice climbers, revolutionary etude, etc..) aren't fun to play.. unless of course uyou like that type of stuff.. then i gues it would be fun to you.. but me personally.. and others cause i know im not the only one.. can tell when your trying to make a good stepfile.. and when your trying to just make stupidly hard steps.. sorry if offended anyone...

RAVEnHEXa: Lip ring is because I want to be a professional piercer.
87x: more like.. professional goth.
87x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-6-2003, 10:34 AM   #4
Privateer
FFR Player

I completely disagree with you 87x even though I haven't played Mwerp's stepfile specifically. When you are real good you need something to make the song harder. Maybe at your skill level you don't like them but some people do.
Old 12-6-2003, 12:15 PM   #5
altairian
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to altairian Send a message via MSN to altairian

I just wish people would do OTHER things to make a stepfile hard. Seems like all the hard stepfiles that come out now are just longass runs with tons of doubles thrown in there. I've played so many different songs that were like that that I'm almost starting to be able to do them, even though I'm crap
I like Ice Climber v2 and Vanish v1 because those songs do something OTHER than mass doubles to be hard.
Reach: there was this bee. i hate bee\'s...i tryed to kill it, but then it didn\'t die and it started making weird noises so i was like oh (#$% hes gonna sting me. i started running but i triped over some rock and rolled down a hill into the river.
altairian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-6-2003, 07:57 PM   #6
Mwerp
Banned

Um. The doubles go to a pattern. A rhythm. k.
Mwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-6-2003, 08:19 PM   #7
Privateer
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by altairian
Seems like all the hard stepfiles that come out now are just longass runs with tons of doubles thrown in there. I've played so many different songs that were like that that I'm almost starting to be able to do them, even though I'm crap
That's just how some songs are. Not all hard songs are like that, and you don't have to play those that are. Their options are limited, too,you know. :P
Old 12-6-2003, 08:26 PM   #8
altairian
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to altairian Send a message via MSN to altairian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privateer
There are hundreds that aren't hard and you know it...I think you are trying to say that all the popular stepfiles are always hard. Not sure though. Reword it.
WTF are you talking about??? Honestly did you even read the sentence that you said that about?
Reach: there was this bee. i hate bee\'s...i tryed to kill it, but then it didn\'t die and it started making weird noises so i was like oh (#$% hes gonna sting me. i started running but i triped over some rock and rolled down a hill into the river.
altairian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-6-2003, 08:34 PM   #9
Privateer
FFR Player

Oh, I misheard the person reading the sentence to me when I was posting. Sorry, I'll edit it...
Old 12-6-2003, 09:25 PM   #10
Mwerp
Banned

Okay
Also
There is a step for each instrument in the song
The triplets of 16th notes with a jump at the beginning is going to the snare, and the jump in that sequence follows a more noticable drum.. thing. And there's plenty more than just that. Don't say it doesn't match the music; it couldn't match the music more perfectly.
Mwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-6-2003, 11:51 PM   #11
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privateer
I completely disagree with you 87x even though I haven't played Mwerp's stepfile specifically. When you are real good you need something to make the song harder. Maybe at your skill level you don't like them but some people do.
My skill level??.. i believe I am well qualified to judge wether a song is good or not... Go get Fire off DDRei Tournamix 4.. that songs has crazy doubles thrown in just for the hell of it.. and i can easily pass that.. i can beat basically every song (with the exception of stupidly hard ones)... my skill evel has nothing to do with this... Play the song first before you start to disagree with people on there opinions...

RAVEnHEXa: Lip ring is because I want to be a professional piercer.
87x: more like.. professional goth.
87x is offline   Reply With Quote