Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #6781
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Default Re: League of Legends

syndra is a pretty hard sleeper op atm

karma as well seeing as if they give her direct buffs she's going to be broken as fuc, but im not sure if her rework actually entails a "rework"
Old 03-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #6782
RNGRX
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
syndra is a pretty hard sleeper op atm

karma as well seeing as if they give her direct buffs she's going to be broken as fuc, but im not sure if her rework actually entails a "rework"
Syndra just snowballs kind of like Akali. Can easily be stopped by MR. She's very weak against ganks as she has no mobility so if she doesn't ward or if you have a hecarim + stun/slow in lane you can stomp her. Karma is getting reworked not buffed. She'll have new abilities and everything. None of this has been reveled yet so we gotta wait until we find out what her abilities do.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #6783
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNGRX View Post
Syndra just snowballs kind of like Akali. Can easily be stopped by MR. She's very weak against ganks as she has no mobility so if she doesn't ward or if you have a hecarim + stun/slow in lane you can stomp her. Karma is getting reworked not buffed. She'll have new abilities and everything. None of this has been reveled yet so we gotta wait until we find out what her abilities do.
so basically what you're saying is unless you stack mr and are forced to camp her in midlane with direct counter picks that can be banned out she shit stomps the entire game

you know

the definition of op...?....?

on the subject of karma, riot "reworks" usually entail a major change to one skill and slight changes to the other skills as a "reworked" kit. Hence why "rework" is in quotes. Hence why it will more than likely be a de facto direct buff considering they want to retain her status as a support mage which her kit basically already is. oh and they're keeping mantra. and they've stated multiple times they do not want to change the core of the character.

i mean i can go on but seriously who are you again
Old 03-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #6784
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

mina doin' what he does best

also i wanna play normals with you again so i can see mid skarner <3
Old 03-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #6785
RNGRX
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
so basically what you're saying is unless you stack mr and are forced to camp her in midlane with direct counter picks that can be banned out she shit stomps the entire game

you know

the definition of op...?....?

i mean i can go on but seriously who are you again
New league player, not really good. Building a negatron cloak in lane helps so much against Syndra. If you can't beat her then roam to other lanes I guess?

Last edited by RNGRX; 03-12-2013 at 12:37 PM..
Old 03-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #6786
intensez
FFR Player

karma isn't a bad champion imo, she just has problems in some aspects. one major one being almost ALL over of her damage relies on her ult and she has little to no place in the current meta
Old 03-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #6787
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Building a negatron cloak in lane helps against any snowbally AP... but it puts you really far behind in your build. If the enemy is forced to go super defensive that means the Syndra wins the lane by default, plus she can push and roam like a boss anyway and snowball off the other lanes. If my opponent is a pussy champ like Karthus who can farm under tower or has bought a Negatron, usually at lvl 9 I go show off my balls to bot lane and it's an easy kill every time if I land a stun (a big if, to be fair)

Like when the enemy is forced to build MR that basically says to me "welp I admit I lose my lane, I'll just sit here and do no damage trying to farm while you rape my team instead of me"

I find Karma really fun, but yeah she has no place in the meta. She has no natural defense against gapclosing bruisers (I mean Syndra is only viable as a mid because she has knockback AND stun AND slow, and even with all those tools she still gets dove easily) and her slow basically does nothing unless you waste a valuable R charge on it, which you rarely ever do.
If they made Karma's W stun at the end of the duration, like LeBlanc's chains, she would be waaay better. Maybe even OP.

But I am excited for her rework anyway, I love the idea of how trolly the champion is (you get her low, then suddenly MASSIVE FUCCEN SHIELD from all the passive bonus AP, you almost break the shield then suddenly MASSIVE FUCCEN HEAL)

Last edited by hi19hi19; 03-12-2013 at 01:05 PM..
Old 03-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #6788
ReikonKeiri
i wanna be ur pop star
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to ReikonKeiri

syndra. what leblanc wishes she was

FMO AAAs (3): Heavenly Spores (68), Fast Asleep (67)!, 0 (piano version) (66)! VC AAAs: 76
Best VCs: Finders Keepers (64), Purple (64), Travel Demon (63), Final Step (63), A World of Piano (63), Balloon Fever (63), The Fusion (63)

It's Only Natural BF
Southern Cross BF
Minute Waltz v2 BF
Novo Mundo BF
Stark Raving Mad BF
Midnight Dragon 1-0-0-1
Choprite 2 clean
Rottel 2 clean
J&C 2 clean
Chronograph 2-1-0-1
BB Evo 3 clean
Staring at my Spaceship 3 clean
Epilogue 3-0-0-1
Banned Forever 3-0-0-1
World Tour 2004 3-0-1-4
Demon Beast Appearance 4 clean
Gacha Gacha Figu Atto Radio 4 clean
Gravity Blast 4 clean
Just Why 4 clean
Eternal Drain [Heavy] 4 clean
300 4-0-0-1
Pure Ruby 5 clean
Destination of the Heart 5 clean
Plasmatextor 5-0-0-4
Oni 6 clean
Yorukumoryuu Yamikaze 6 clean
Ambient Angels 6 clean
Colorful Course 6 clean
Hajnal 6 clean
Arsonist 7-0-0-1
Setsujou! Hyakka Ryouran 7-1-0-1
Face in the Gutter 8 clean
Kanon Medley 8 clean
Colibri 8 clean
Summer Time Perfume 8 clean
Blindfolds Aside 8-0-0-1
Bubble Bath Aftermath 8-0-0-1
Bloody Tears 8-0-0-2
Ochitsukeruwakenaiwayo! [Heavy] 9 clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogle-master View Post
To be fair, having all the BlazBlue's isn't good taste more then it is common sense.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:01 AM   #6789
hi19hi19
lol happy

Honestly I think Syndra is most similar to Veigar, except higher skillcap, not infinite potential AP, and higher theoretical damage after doing her combo because her spammable spell is AoE. Her laning phase is also WAY, way better.
In teamfights they fulfill the exact same purpose, stun someone (preferably everyone) then nuke a high priority target.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:02 AM   #6790
macgravel
Resident Poopbutt
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I still play this.

P. S. Hi Mina. <3
Old 03-13-2013, 10:33 PM   #6791
speeddemon
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
So basically concede your lane because you run out of mana for no harass?
EVERY Syndra guide and pro player I've watched takes some form of mana regen, there's no reason not to.

I don't spam my skills to CS but you have to have mana to harass and win lane/get kills. You can't just "ignore" that her Q is one of the most mana intensive skills in the game and totally core to everything she does. You can quite easily go OOM even with blue buff just from poking with Q...
I know it's kind of a super late response, but yeah, ignore it. You don't need to poke. It's not necessary with how strong her burst is. Unless they're counterbuilding you pre 6 or counterpicked with someone tanky, as soon as you hit 6 you can instagib them with a combo. Pro players and random guides on the internet don't always have it right, nor do their guides fit every playstyle. If you prefer to poke all day then go right for it, and take the downside of a slow ramp up time with it. I prefer to let the enemy think I'm a derpshit or something before utterly wrecking them. High risk, maybe, high return most definitely.

Btw only been negative once with her, and haven't ever been outfarmed while being super mana conservative.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:58 PM   #6792
hi19hi19
lol happy

Mmmm well then maybe I just need to practice more. I know the basic combo but it's very button-pressy (remember prior to Syndra I mainly played Kat mid lol) so I just need to work on that. My burst is never as bursty as I would like it to be.

I mean am I setting this up wrong? This is 5 ball ult, 6 if I know they don't have flash and I can get that third ball down. But almost always I am doing 5 balls ult.
Q wait WW Q E close gap (Q) DFG R Ignite...

I WW before stun because it makes it SO much easier to land, sometimes I get the stun first and can only 4ball ult. Regardless, lots of buttons.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 03-13-2013 at 11:01 PM..
Old 03-13-2013, 11:11 PM   #6793
speeddemon
FFR Player

That's usually what I do, and more often than not it's enough to kill someone. I run a completely aggressive runepage and usually have my Kage's by 6, so that might be making the small difference.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:14 PM   #6794
hi19hi19
lol happy

Ah I only have defensive runes. That's probably making the difference. I have the pretty much mandatory magic pen reds but only armor and magic resist for yellow and blue
And I don't have AP quints at all ._.

And the moral of the story is I need to farm more IP. Oh well, farming IP and mechanics practice go hand in hand anyway.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:27 PM   #6795
Kirbyman1990
FFR Player

So for 3v3 i need help. Love my Kayle, but I feel like I can't contribute until it's too late. Am I doing something wrong? Also, any tips on Kat for 3v3?

Old 03-14-2013, 01:23 AM   #6796
DarkZtar
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbyman1990 View Post
So for 3v3 i need help. Love my Kayle, but I feel like I can't contribute until it's too late.
Assuming you do nashor rush you should be wrecking people in lane. What do you mean by you feel like you can't contribute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbyman1990 View Post
Also, any tips on Kat for 3v3?
Yeah, don't play kat in 3's. lol
Old 03-14-2013, 01:44 AM   #6797
Kirbyman1990
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkZtar View Post
Assuming you do nashor rush you should be wrecking people in lane. What do you mean by you feel like you can't contribute?
I mean my damage output, or defenses. Feel like a little squishy glass cannon. hit 2-3 times and die from full health. And I just don't contribute much except a clutch ult every now and again. Kayle is a dueler, and one of the best. So why can't I keep her alive and deal high damage the way I should be?

Old 03-14-2013, 02:23 AM   #6798
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to darklordsarumon9 Send a message via Skype™ to darklordsarumon9

"Okay, Im gonna play an ARAM"

Anddddddddddd I turn that streamer off.

Also -

Horrible quality wtf. Shacos ult takes tower aggro, he goes for low health Lee while deceived, Blitz pulls stealth Shaco while Lee gets a Q off and flys forwards and the ult explodes. heh
Quote:
Originally Posted by cetaka View Post
whats namine like in person

Last edited by darklordsarumon9; 03-14-2013 at 02:56 AM..
Old 03-14-2013, 08:42 AM   #6799
RNGRX
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
Q wait WW Q E close gap (Q) DFG R Ignite...

I WW before stun because it makes it SO much easier to land, sometimes I get the stun first and can only 4ball ult. Regardless, lots of buttons.
The way I combo I use Q, Q, pick up first Q with W, wait a bit for Q cooldown, E the ball still on the ground, DFG, W, Q, R.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:27 PM   #6800
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Last edited by icontrolyourworld; 03-14-2013 at 10:29 PM..
Closed Thread