Old 02-19-2011, 11:20 PM   #21
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: What people (should) mean when they say "get a life"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXAll-ProXx View Post
Good thread!

In my case, there is this popular game called "Doodle Jump" on the iPhone and iPod Touch. Last year in May, I got the second highest score in the world and the first thing the assholes on Internet said was "get a life". Guess what, I played that game about once every 2 months or so. And yet, the fact that I had an amazing score on it made me a "loser". Most of these people who say "get a life" can't achieve what you are capable of achieving, their only intention is to make you feel like a "loser". The last time I played that game was in the summer, and yet I still hear from some of my friends from time to time things like "do you like play doodle jump like 24/7, get a life man"

Now that friend of mine is addicted to Tetris Battle on facebook, and every time I tell him to get a life. Says the same thing as I saidto him before. The same thing applies to FFR
, if you're good, you're automatically a loser and need a life.
I see, so your saying that the most probably cause of people saying "get a life" is because they are jeolous that they can't do [whatever] themselves, so they take their anger by transferring the "loser" label from themselves to the other person.

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
reuben_tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-4-2011, 05:44 AM   #22
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vendetta21
Default Re: What people (should) mean when they say "get a life"

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
I see, so your saying that the most probably cause of people saying "get a life" is because they are jeolous that they can't do [whatever] themselves, so they take their anger by transferring the "loser" label from themselves to the other person.
We criticize people not so much to bring them down and try to make them fail but rather to keep ourselves from repeating those same habits we criticize. There is an impulse desire in a lot of people to separate others into the categories of winners and losers, and we do this to try to guide our own actions more than we are trying to do anything about the people who belong to those categories.