Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2009, 01:08 AM   #161
STD_Sappy
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to STD_Sappy Send a message via MSN to STD_Sappy
Default Re: Is it wrong to be gay?

It's not understandable for any reason. If there was a "God" that created the humans, then he put gay people on this Earth, too.

NO, it's not wrong to be gay.

Is it annoying when gay guys go out and act like queens and little girls and announce to the whole world that they're gay?

Hell yes. But it's their right to do so.

I'm bisexual, I don't care what anyone thinks, I have my values, and I'm not horny for every guy I see. In fact, I'm probably more straight acting than a lot of straight guys, anyways.

But anyways, to sum it all up; it's a big fat NO. Religion, no religion, it's a no.

Sappy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfreak04 View Post
He's Sappy.... He deserves his own thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessXoXLight View Post
Amen.
Because he's so well known. ;]
Lol, I love these people. <3
STD_Sappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:13 AM   #162
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
The only problem is that people really are born with the desire to have sex with the same gender and people aren't born with the sexual desire to have sex with animals.
This isn't really right.

Sexual attraction develops through a person's life. Things they find themselves attracted to are influenced heavily by society and culture.

I'd say more like is that we all start out neutral. Bisexual. And as we grow from babies into children into teenagers into adults, we develop a preference for a certain kind of partner. We actively decide to limit our choice to one side or the other, to certain body types, to certain physical features.

Quote:
People having sex with animals is out of curiosity or being desperate.
Actually, it goes along with any other fetish. People being turned on by feet isn't because of curiosity or being so desperate the feet is all they can have sex with. It's that for one reason or another, the thing they're attracted to gets sexually charged in their mind and it turns them on.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:41 AM   #163
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

@Bobeck As a matter of logic and reasoning: "You could use the same kinds of reasons to try and justify X as Y" does not in any meaningful way make X and Y the same. Show an actual correlation between two things besides "I could put forward a similar argument as to why they should both be allowed" if you're going to try and equate them.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:15 AM   #164
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeck View Post
Bestiality is right because i have no control over my sexual desires, I was born with an physical desire to have sex with animals, it does not hurt anyone, and It's none of your business who I have sex with.

Now, just replace the word "bestiality" with the word "homosexuality" and the word "animals" with the word ''same sex''. As you can see, the same reasons used to justify homosexuality are the same reasons one can justify bestiality. (the connection between the two lies not in the act but in the justification). If you are ready to say homosexuality is right, you better join with the perverts who also advocate bestiality.

*note: in regards to consent. Consent is only an issue in this topic with regards to ''hurting someone''. There are many ways to determine an animal is not being hurt, mainly by actions that express voluntary subjugation. For this reason a person is not charged with battery every time he pets the dog, for by definition battery is an touching without consent.
Heterosexuality is right because i have no control over my sexual desires, I was born with an physical desire to have sex with members of the opposite sex, it does not hurt anyone, and It's none of your business who I have sex with.

See how stupid your logic is? Homosexuality isn't a sexual desire either, it's an attraction. Homosexuals usually just don't feel an emotional connection with women, plain and simple. Now tell me WHY homosexuality is wrong rather than just saying it is.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:43 AM   #165
Hyperlisk
FFR Player

Unfortunately I don't have time to read the entire thread, lol, but I'd like to comment anyway.

To save time, tl;dr: Homosexuality is natural.

Homosexuality is completely natural. Many studies have shown that homosexuals typically describe themselves as always having been that way, ever since they can remember. Of course, there are always a few exceptions who say they have chosen to be homosexual, a large majority insist it was just natural.

At least one comment I read that replied to this topic implied that homosexuality did not occur in nature. This is incredibly wrong, and there have been many species identified that exhibit homosexuality. Some of them include dolphins and certain primates.

Unfortunately I don't have my essay I wrote on homosexuality, as it's currently on my laptop which recently crashed or I'd back up my argument with citations, but anyone can do simple research like this.
Hyperlisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:03 AM   #166
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
This isn't really right.

Sexual attraction develops through a person's life. Things they find themselves attracted to are influenced heavily by society and culture.

I'd say more like is that we all start out neutral. Bisexual. And as we grow from babies into children into teenagers into adults, we develop a preference for a certain kind of partner. We actively decide to limit our choice to one side or the other, to certain body types, to certain physical features.
This is only partially true from what i've read. For the most part your sexuality is a genetic thing and there are slight influences on it over your life.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:16 AM   #167
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
This is only partially true from what i've read. For the most part your sexuality is a genetic thing and there are slight influences on it over your life.
So you mean I'm genetically inclined to be attracted to petite women? I'm genetically inclined to be attracted to moles and freckles?

I'm genetically inclined to favor vanilla ice cream to chocolate ice cream?

We don't come out of the womb as sexual beings. One's sexuality develops as we grow older. It's not a choice, no, but it is not in our genes either.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:30 AM   #168
STD_Sappy
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to STD_Sappy Send a message via MSN to STD_Sappy

Quote:
So you mean I'm genetically inclined to be attracted to petite women? I'm genetically inclined to be attracted to moles and freckles?

We don't come out of the womb as sexual beings. One's sexuality develops as we grow older. It's not a choice, no, but it is not in our genes either.
I agree with you.

Although, you know, I've developed a theory, no matter how invalid (or valid it may be) for homosexuality. I'm all for it, I really am. But here is the theory.

LOL, crazy time!

Okay, so, at a socio-biological level the typical heterosexual male is attracted to a certain female through a release of fairmones (and through different observations, to see if she's fertile to be a mate, etc.) It's a subconscious thing, so you're not aware that you're actually smelling this odor. I'm thinking that through natural selection and the fact that the world is over populated, a mutation in a gene that regulates fairmones has caused men to be attracted to men/women to be attracted women due to a release of fairmones in between one another to try and regulate the population. Natural selection states that the best traits/genetic mutations that are beneficial to a specific population will stay.

I don't know, this is all scientific, but what do you think? :O I just woke up, so it might not make that much sense.

P.S: I'm not sure fairmones is spelled the way I spelled it, but whatever.

Sappy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfreak04 View Post
He's Sappy.... He deserves his own thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessXoXLight View Post
Amen.
Because he's so well known. ;]
Lol, I love these people. <3
STD_Sappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:32 AM   #169
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

No.

Males are attracted to even PHOTOS of people who fit within their preferred type. It has nothing to do with pheromones.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:02 PM   #170
mhss1992
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
To those who support the homosexuals..... I have a question. What separates a homosexual from one who engages in bestiality? Are those individuals who practice bestiality to be widely accepted and even encouraged? After all, it's a ''psychological desire, does not harm anyone, and makes them happy" (arguments used by advocates of homosexuals).
Because homosexuals can consent, while an animal cannot.

Quote:
*note: in regards to consent. Consent is only an issue in this topic with regards to ''hurting someone''. There are many ways to determine an animal is not being hurt, mainly by actions that express voluntary subjugation. For this reason a person is not charged with battery every time he pets the dog, for by definition battery is an touching without consent.
Consent is not only related to hurting, it's about CONSENT. An animal cannot say "yes", you can't know what it's thinking.

And, like they said, your arguments make absolutely no sense, you can't just put homosexuality and bestiality in the same level.

Best AAA: Frictional Nevada (Done while FFR was out, so it doesn't show in my level stats)

Resting. I might restart playing FFR seriously someday.

Last edited by mhss1992; 11-10-2009 at 12:09 PM..
mhss1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:06 PM   #171
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Pretty sure bobeck is just trolling you guys. You'd have to be totally stupid to say what he's saying in response to the countless people who've already explained that it's rape. Then again, maybe I give people too much credit.
MrRubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:10 PM   #172
Izzy
Snek

Quote:

Not sure how most of those things are related to sexuality. But you would be genetically attracted to women and you would develop the attraction to smaller women.

If ones attraction to the opposite sex wasn't the genetic norm then there wouldn't be such a huge percentage of straight people the in the world. We would have at least a 1/3rd of people attracted to animals and 1/3rd gay.

Last edited by Izzy; 11-10-2009 at 12:13 PM..
Old 11-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #173
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Not sure how most of those things are related to sexuality. But you would be genetically attracted to women and you would develop the attraction to smaller women.

If ones attraction to the opposite sex wasn't the genetic norm then there wouldn't be such a huge percentage of straight people the in the world. We would have at least a 1/3rd of people attracted to animals and 1/3rd gay.
Attraction to the opposite sex is part of our mental hardwiring on a physical level. It's part of our evolutionary result -- for our species to propagate, there needs to be an overwhelming majority of people who are generally attracted to those that physically allow us to multiply.

That is to say, though, there are some interesting articles explaining homosexuality as it pertains to evolution: http://www.adherents.com/misc/paradoxEvolution.html

As for me, I've always been attracted to women, pure and simple. Many homosexual men I know have, similarly, always been attracted to men. I have no doubt in my mind that this sort of preference is hardwired for most people (the hypothalamus, which helps regulate sexual activity, tends to be smaller in homosexual men, akin to the size of a heterosexual female's hypothalamus).

There's no evidence to support, at all, this hardwiring for animals.

Last edited by MrRubix; 11-10-2009 at 02:22 PM..
Old 11-10-2009, 01:08 PM   #174
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:

Take a class on sociology some time.

Social norms have an enormous impact on us, on what we feel is right and wrong. Homosexuality and abnormal fetishes are frowned down upon in society, so people will normally be turned away from them, not consciously, but subconsciously.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:12 PM   #175
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:

Social norms have an enormous impact on us, on what we feel is right and wrong. Homosexuality and abnormal fetishes are frowned down upon in society, so people will normally be turned away from them, not consciously, but subconsciously.
That plays a part in it, but much of it is indeed hardwired from the getgo. There's too much scientific evidence in support of this to really deny it. The types of people we come to find attractive depend on fine-tined preferences as we get older/more experienced, but the kick-starting mechanism is often beyond our control at birth.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:42 PM   #176
Izzy
Snek

Quote:

This just isn't as true as you want it to be. Just because you heard a hypothesis in college doesn't mean something is necessarily true. It's the same as any psychology class. They present the material as fact even when we have no idea for the most part. You should try being more skeptical and questioning of the things people tell you.

I believe it's this problem that is leading us to not progressing much anymore. People have the idea that everything they learn in school and from text books is fact. There is no questioning what we already know. It gives us the delusion of thinking that we already know so much about everything when really we could know little to none.

I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just saying you are just as much likely to be wrong as anyone else.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:49 PM   #177
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
This just isn't as true as you want it to be. Just because you heard a hypothesis in college doesn't mean something is necessarily true. It's the same as any psychology class. They present the material as fact even when we have no idea for the most part. You should try being more skeptical and questioning of the things people tell you.
I do question things.

Which is what lead me to question the idea of a "gay gene". We never touched the idea of homosexuality in my classes, at least not in regards to direct "causes" of it.

Quote:
I believe it's this problem that is leading us to not progressing much anymore. People have the idea that everything they learn in school and from text books is fact. There is no questioning what we already know. It gives us the delusion of thinking that we already know so much about everything when really we could know little to none.
You assume too much.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:09 PM   #178
Izzy
Snek

Speculation, yea. I could be wrong.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #179
fido123
FFR Player

I think Mr. Rubix has the causes of it in the bag, however Afro is right too but I think you're failing to understand the two can both work together.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:38 PM   #180
Flaming_Dingleberry
Everybody gets one.
FFR Veteran

Oh jeez bobeck...

It's not comparable. Humans are an interesting species, we're the only organisms that have our level of language, logic, understanding, and therefore consent. A cat can't give a man consent to **** it, therefore any and every act of bestiality is more or less rape. If there was a man and a cat who grew up together and the cat and man somehow agreed to have sex with each other... then what are you gonna do? Pretend for a second your sexual orientation isn't accepted by the majority. Maybe you would still agree that it is wrong to be gay, but you were still born that way, and as you may or may not know, you can't just switch off gayness. The way I see it, since gayness exists (and has in no way ever promoted acts of bestiality other than in the minds of fearful Christians with no better argument), and can't be converted by anyone anymore than heterosexuality can, we need to start accepting it. I don't care how many people consider gayness a form of bestiality, any negative thoughts or acts against homosexuals is just as bad as racism.
Flaming_Dingleberry is offline   Reply With Quote