Old 04-7-2017, 09:26 AM   #161
TyrantNeptune
Banned

Default Re: TWG CLXVI: Fall Of An Empire Game Thread Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
>From the bowels of discord<

TyrantNeptune - Yesterday at 5:39 AM
I'm having some trouble keeping up with the discord. It's going too fast for me.
As for my opinions on this game, I'm a little surprised that people are unwilling to guide the PR's.
And I agree that LightKnight is the most suspicious player atm.

===

got em

you have such a short memory it seems
At that moment, I thought LightKnight was the most suspicious player.

Before placing my vote I went over the topic again and decided that I find soundwave more suspicious.
Old 04-7-2017, 10:29 AM   #162
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

hey can some of you no av people maybe upload an avi?

Suggestion: cute anime girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
Old 04-7-2017, 11:07 AM   #163
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

I am not in full agreement with the sentiment that ootc makes it easier on town. As someone who has had only extensive private conversations with ONE other player, I still feel like I'm in the dark. There is so much information underneath the table that I can't access.

Basically what I'm saying is my vote is gonna suck because I'm at work during EoD and my only long conversation has been with Hakulyte
Old 04-7-2017, 11:08 AM   #164
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

hey roundbox you know that you can message us too right ;_;

Quote:
Old 04-7-2017, 11:17 AM   #165
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

A little under 3 hours to go!

Phantoms are not on in this game so self-votes don't matter/count.
Old 04-7-2017, 11:52 AM   #166
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I guess it's about time I sit down and give some idea about what I've been doing to everyone.

First, I talked nearly to everyone 1 on 1 in the channel. You should have a seizable amount of info to evaluate me. I understand that I'm trying to force the game a certain way, but I do intend to keep doing that just for the giving everyone some sort of guide as to how I'm approaching this game so you can compare it with your own approach. I highly encourage everyone to talk to each others 1 on 1 as this has not been taken advantage of as much as it could be. (there's many players who I was the only person who talked with them)

Be careful while interacting because screenshots may get taken and players will talk in each others back no matter what because seriously, everyone needs information to get a clue about what to do with this game. That being said, creating a town circle should be done as soon as possible for sharing thoughts instead of playing an independant game because of the lack of cardflips. You can't just wait for a flip to decide to care about evidence shown in this setup. Note that NKs themselves should be evaluated because they're coming from wolves. You should consider that NKs are more important than lynches because the kills are performed by wolves. Therefore, each players they kill are becoming 100% confirmed towns because wolves can't kill each others and no one else can kill players. If you talked a lot with everyone, you will be able to get data out of this. So, even no cardflips has limitations in hindering reads.

Because of the above, everyone should try to talk to everyone as much as possible. Voice chat was also really fun and it's a great way to approach tone reads. You may want to consider organizing how to talk and taking notes about these interactions as voice chat doesn't leave logs/data unlike the channel/1on1/thread. This is a powerful tool considering how long these phases are.

Another thing as TyrantNeptune pointed out;
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantNeptune View Post
Also Hakulyte contacted me on discord and we discussed how he had made an alliance and how they had a lynch order.
If you've been talking with me in 1 on 1 and in the voice chat you should know that the latter has not been discussed and that the "alliance" is as valuable as you want it to be.

It's more like a brainstorming center where everyone tries to express their stances about what is happening.

It's something I thought on the spot and that I'm going to develop here for the "lynch order".

Note that I only considered afterward the idea that NKs will give us town flips. So, I may have to reevaluate based on that and reconsider things. The idea of telling others who are the most likely to get lynched is to invite them to join us and take a stance about the game and discuss about what we both disagree with etc.

At the end of the day, everyone will vote whoever they want, but I still wanted to give a guideline to explain my stance and I'm curious about who will sheep join me on it.

So yeah, you want to be dependant of the alliance for information, but you still want to play independantly for getting reads and comparing them and the best way to do that is with communication.

This game has not as much interaction as I would like it to be for a 14 players game. I've seen more active games with less players.

This is bad if you want to get somewhere. It's okay if you don't trust others, but everyone needs to communicate as much as possible. If you avoid interactions/explanations, you're shooting yourself in the leg.

btw, if you looked up my screenshot, I intend to get choof, TyrantNeptune and Soundwave lynched up to this point in that order.

---

So, here we go Choof.

I don't believe you didn't knew that this game had no cardflips. You're usually the one who tells me to reread the setup. You expressed that you didn't intend to 1 on 1 anyone because of the logs. You're voting the only player who has no access to the channel and that is lost with what to do about the game. It's a decent vote, but flashflash account suffers from lack of information. In this game, lynches cannot be verified. So, I understand why you're voting him, but I don't understand why you didn't try to evaluate more everyone else. There are more interesting players to vote than him at this point and time. I guess you have a relatively low game investment, but it's hard to tell because you appear invisible on discord and you could have been talking all along to players for all I know. So yeah, that's starting to look like a wolf profile to me.

(Yes, I do also think flashflash account could be a master wolf based on what you quoted, but that's quite the easy read. I don't think a master wolf would bait D0 like that, but it's possible.)
Reference for above: #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
Who Fucin Smells Oh Its U FlashFlash Account
That is not something you should even want to post even as a joke after how you posted in WiFoM as wolf. Ref: #300 +#1580

I consider that a bad habit.

---

There's also a story about Nakah inviting TyrantNeptune to play while TyrantNeptune didn't knew LightKnight was Nakah and that's pretty weird.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantNeptune View Post
I'm not sure. LightKnight, do you play on NSM and if so, what is your account name there?
It tends to make me assume that there's a lie for unnecessary reasons. It's possible it's a misunderstanding, but I want to force interactions around that to get more information. There's other players who knows about this and I encourage them to take a stance for that before EoD as well.

@flashflash account did you knew that LightKnight was Nakah when you got invited into this game?

---

Soundwave suspicion has to do with general thread interaction with me + neutral stance. It could be a playstyle thing, but it's really hard to evaluate in a good light. I want to note that he did participate in voice chat, but the neutrality has been relatively conserved. DBP also mentioned that he thought his vote on LightKnight was opportunistic. So, there's room for many possibilities here.

---

LightKnight is also up there in terms of suspicion, but he finally delivered explanations and appeared fairly genuine in the voice chat. I want to note that it can't be ignored that it took a really long time to get anything out of him and that he got close to replacing out over it which is NAGL. (I don't want to read into that, but it's hard to ignore)

Even if every actions have an explanations, the intentions remains unclear and I feel like the potential for being a wolf is still here somehow. You probably wanted to have some fun with baiting etc. but it simply shouldn't have taken that long. You took a while to prepare yourself to answer and I feel like it's more wolfy than not because I believe that town you should have been able to instantly know why you're doing things a certain way. I think you mentioned work and others reasons as to why you were busy etc. etc. So, if you can kind of explain that in more details, it could be appreciated. @ your general headspace around your own play.

"Lynch order" is a bad way to formulate things I guess. I think the above should be considered as a potential lynch pool for me atm.
Old 04-7-2017, 12:37 PM   #167
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Nothing really bothers me about what haku just said
Old 04-7-2017, 12:37 PM   #168
evanescence_death4ever
where'sTHEdrain?!
FFR Veteran

I'm catching up! TIME TO READ ALL THE THINGS

"Life is always downhill, everyone is heading towards death every day. It's up to you to look for the hills you can climb up instead
Or something
I just made that up but it sounds good" ~alloyus~
Old 04-7-2017, 12:42 PM   #169
evanescence_death4ever
where'sTHEdrain?!
FFR Veteran

Okay, while reading discord logs in sad formatting...I have a thing to say!!!

Can you guys take screen shots instead... >< ? It just kinda hurt my brain.

Use snipping tool if you're on a PC and if you're on a mac do the shortcut where you can select window size (shift-command-4). Maybe I'm being stupidly picky but that formatting fucking hurt my brain.

"Life is always downhill, everyone is heading towards death every day. It's up to you to look for the hills you can climb up instead
Or something
Old 04-7-2017, 12:46 PM   #170
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

I'm cool with voting between Nakah and soundwave. Choof is confusing to me though.

Why are you here?
Old 04-7-2017, 01:10 PM   #171
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

I'm down with Choof since I really don't know what his game is but it doesn't seem like it's coming from a very town perspective

Before anyone accuses me of sheeping Haku, I declared my intent to vote for choof in voice chat yesterday night. I was hopeful that maybe something would happen before the phase ended to help clear up my confusion but nope

Quote:
Old 04-7-2017, 01:11 PM   #172
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

soundwave

Why are you here?
Old 04-7-2017, 01:14 PM   #173
DanikaBanana
FFR Player

Day end is approaching quickly so I must place in my vote. As of now I feel the least confident with sound and choof. However with choof voting for flashflash I find that really odd and so I think my vote will be him.

choof
Old 04-7-2017, 01:20 PM   #174
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

40 minutes left, current vote count:

Old 04-7-2017, 01:23 PM   #175
evanescence_death4ever
where'sTHEdrain?!
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceflashrevo View Post
I'm cool with voting between Nakah and soundwave. Choof is confusing to me though.
I haven't switched my vote yet but I'm leaning toward soundwave BUT--

even more importantly. Choof is confusing to me, as well. Especially the interaction with Backpack. I got a bit of things cleared up by asking Haku about why Choof was going in on the roundbox/haku dynamic.

I still haven't read haku's long post and I've gotta hurry up because EoD

Or something
Old 04-7-2017, 01:27 PM   #176
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

I can't post much in thread because school
My thoughts will be on discord
My vote will be in thread obviously
Old 04-7-2017, 01:42 PM   #177
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lightknight924

choof for the reasons haku said....soundwave hasnt given me enough reason to vote him today and after talking to haku a lot yesterday I feel more comfortable with the idea of him being town for now. Sorry I dont have a more elaborate response. I'm at work and barely had enough time to check the the thread to vote.
Old 04-7-2017, 01:48 PM   #178
evanescence_death4ever
where'sTHEdrain?!
FFR Veteran

At this point, EoD is approaching and the votes are very divided. As I mentioned in voice chat yesterday--My vote sitting on LightKnight isn't rooted in my STRONG stance that he must be wolf. I'm not clearing him from scum perspective, but I want him in game at this point to see where things go.

Time's a tickin' so I'm going to throw out some 'reads' I have. (explanations can come later)

Town feel: Haku, Raeko, & Roundbox

Scum feel (not STRONG, so it's only a little reddish--the burnt, shitty reddish haha): Soundwave&lightknight

Guys I want to hear more from you because it just seems like not much comin' from y'all
feel: Tyrant & FlashFlash

NULL feel: Everyone else?

I haven't interacted much with Tokzic and I feel like he's seeing me as not being active which kind of confuses me? I need to 1 on 1 with you, Tokzic, or maybe we can have another discord channel group meeting later? (or both)

At this point I think my strongest feeling on the scumminess of choof comes from the convoluted, seemingly fantastical paranoia that was displayed in that chat with backpack.

EoD is quickly approaching.

"wEiRd ThAnGs"
-choof 2017

Or something
Old 04-7-2017, 01:53 PM   #179
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

choof
Old 04-7-2017, 01:59 PM   #180
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic