Old 07-11-2014, 06:00 AM   #21
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default Re: skincare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
This may be obvious, but washing your sheets more often can potentially help. You pillow case slowly gets covered in oils from your skin then you lay your face on the next day.

Even when you wash your face perfectly you might later that night just rub your face in pillow oil and not really solve anything.
yup

also: dont touch your face because more oils

Anyway, most skincare stuff is a scam. Or maybe I should say "scam-ish"? It's not pure snake-oil, but I'm very sure that extremes aren't necessary for most people. Anything more extreme than simple moisturizing soap is probably not needed. Salicylic acid? You really think putting fucking acid on your face is necessary?

Oh, and if you're a dude, maybe consider not shaving your face as often. Full beards are better anyway.

Personally, I just use my regular bodywash on my face. Works just as well as anything else I've ever used.
Old 07-12-2014, 03:37 AM   #22
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

salicylic acid is legit god u are a dweeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
JurseyRider734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:56 AM   #23
FoJaR
The Worst

Send a message via AIM to FoJaR Send a message via MSN to FoJaR

yeah i mean it's not like all acid is the same. ascorbic acid is good for you, hydrofluoric acid will kill you
Old 07-12-2014, 05:10 AM   #24
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734 View Post
salicylic acid is legit god u are a dweeb
Did I say it wasn't legit?

It's totally legit. It does what it is intended to do.

But see, it's a fucking acid that helps removes skin from your face. That's what it is intended to do and it does it. Absolutely. It's a low concentration acid, yeah, but you're still applying acid to your face to remove skin. Doesn't that seem strange to you? Does that truly seem necessary? Are you not sloughing off skin cells at a fast enough rate otherwise?

Like, ok, I had a wart on my foot last year. I got rid of it pretty quickly and easily. Do you know how? Salicylic acid. Shit worked great. It worked great at removing the infected skin. I had this infected skin that had to go and it took it out. However, I don't think of the skin on my face like a wart. I don't like the idea of treating my face with the same chemical I used to kill a wart.

Don't get me wrong. It's PROBABLY not dangerous to use face wash with it. I know I've done it plenty of times in the past, even as recently as last week. I'm just saying that it's probably not necessary for most people who use it. Most people who use it probably don't even realize that they're using a low-concentrate acid as an exfoliant though.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:06 PM   #25
FluorescentArmy
Forum User

Send a message via AIM to FluorescentArmy Send a message via Yahoo to FluorescentArmy

I've never had acne but from my experiences, (my brothers had it, so did a couple of my girlfriends over the years), a big part of it comes from diet and the lack of exercise. Changing up your diet can have a huge impact on your skin. Eating a lot of sugary things is a surefire way to get acne. Bathing regularly is another thing, but you can't over-clean your skin because it'll get irritated and make it worse.