Old 07-28-2014, 03:18 PM   #242
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan
Default Re: TWG CXXI Mis-speling BOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Also wtf nobody has voted me yet. You all suck.
I haven't voted you yet? ty for the reminder Xiz
Old 07-28-2014, 03:21 PM   #243
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vendetta21

DaBackpack, since you have contributed nothing meaningful and believe this is okay such that xiz should not find that to be a reason to kill you, do you believe that behavior like yours is acceptable in general?
Old 07-28-2014, 03:25 PM   #244
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
xel plz stop with the comic sans

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
Didn't you call me a meta slut?
I have before and I will again, you're such a meta slut that even the 1 dollar knock offs don't exist. They know they stand no chance. Your only competition is Manti really and then you two turn into a cat fight. It's pretty fun to watch.

But you aren't outwardly being your usual meta-slut self. That concerns me. But it's phase one so I sort of understand why, but I never just write things off with you.

PS: Comic. Sans.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:27 PM   #245
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
DaBackpack, since you have contributed nothing meaningful and believe this is okay such that xiz should not find that to be a reason to kill you, do you believe that behavior like yours is acceptable in general?
At the very least, I expect Xiz to say this himself before saying I can die.

Jesus fuck, I mean if this was Day 2-3 then I'd say that someone who wasn't helping at all could die. But are you willing to (hypothetically) commit to killing someone who hasn't posted some "BRILLIANT INSIGHT"*** in 24 hours of the game's start? Context, you're ignoring it again.

***anyone who claims to have BRILLIANT INSIGHT at this stage of the game is bullshitting all of us btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 07-28-2014, 03:30 PM   #246
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Manti is hardly a meta-slut. I think you don't understand the "metas" of players well enough to make jokes with that level of hyperbole and colorful language.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:31 PM   #247
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post

I will literally go take a shit and eat it if anyone ever uses this reasoning as to not lynch someone.
This gets used quite a lot in cardflipping games so uh...

and its used for good reason too so uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 07-28-2014, 03:44 PM   #248
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
Manti is hardly a meta-slut.
I agree, you may insult my sluttiness but how dare you accuse someone not even playing this game
Old 07-28-2014, 03:52 PM   #249
thesunfan
Role Tide

ok so like we can lynch Xiz whenever and kill a wolf; just whenever you guys want to do that.

V is still picking his target imo but I like the way he's doing it now? After consulting my meta-pimp, he agrees that this is V's town game so far but wants to be wary of him b/c he's a slippery fish. Maybe Sniper is a town-sided role I forget how the Wild-West setup works.

Dab is weird to me not because I pinged him out initially but because he responded so strangely to it; going so far as to propose a scenario whereas he gets lynched as a result of being called "Sketchy" by Xiz and myself.

Charu is being Charu for better or for worse; only thing I have on him so far is that Gradient is kind of right about him behaving the same way if he doesn't want to be lynched instead of leveling and also I feel like he's the one who has actively been rolehunting the most. I have to question whether or not he's doing it this obviously or like I'm just wrong but him constantly worrying about why people might be approaching this game differently seriously bothers me.

Mittens also appears to be running against Xiz for stupidest person ITT, good luck dude.

I also would advise against lynching Psychoangel on D0 in basically every game she plays.
-Meta slut out
Old 07-28-2014, 03:54 PM   #250
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
At the very least, I expect Xiz to say this himself before saying I can die.

Jesus fuck, I mean if this was Day 2-3 then I'd say that someone who wasn't helping at all could die. But are you willing to (hypothetically) commit to killing someone who hasn't posted some "BRILLIANT INSIGHT"*** in 24 hours of the game's start? Context, you're ignoring it again.

***anyone who claims to have BRILLIANT INSIGHT at this stage of the game is bullshitting all of us btw
The context is merely what you decide is relevant to say and what you decide is relevant to respond to when you continue. For example, where did anyone say the expectation was "brilliant insight"? Don't you feel that is a bit of an exaggeration? Is this exaggerated expectation you are saying is being held by either xiz or myself part of the context you believe I am failing to understand?

I was just interested in a thing you did which was immediately jump on xiz wanting to kill you after you contributed nothing, and do so by saying "what would you get from killing me?" That question is inherently weird. If xiz thinks you are a possible wolf he would get you being dead, fucking obviously.

Your answer is inherently weird because it is inherently focused on the benefits of killing someone based on the information they would get from the thread, but completely ignores the element where people vote for someone because they think they are a wolf.

You are now trying to reframe the question you asked as though it meant "why do you think I am wolfy?" But that's a distinctly different question than the one you asked, that question shows confusion about what you could have done that was wolfy. "What do you have to gain from killing me?" Has a certain level of self-awareness that you are trying not to let anyone have anything to gain from killing you, and that thing right there is really fucking wolfy because it shows intention to not contribute because then someone might have a reason to kill you.

Saying I'm failing to understand the context and that your question actually meant "what do you think is wolfy about me?" Is kinda like you failing to ask the question "what do you think is wolfy about me?" Would have made more sense to ask that question at the time, and you didn't, so the context is actually just the question you asked. Which is really weird.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:55 PM   #251
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:
I can't say too much obviously, but running the jTWG game got really frustrating so maybe that's what you're seeing?
I mostly wanted to get a reaction out of you, you're quite calm this time. So far from what I've seen when you're a wolf you tend to jump around a lot and not be as calm. For now I will leave you be.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:57 PM   #252
thesunfan
Role Tide

damnit ok just as I maybe call him town lol fuck you V
Old 07-28-2014, 04:06 PM   #253
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta Slut View Post
I feel like he's the one who has actively been rolehunting the most. I have to question whether or not he's doing it this obviously or like I'm just wrong but him constantly worrying about why people might be approaching this game differently seriously bothers me.
'Scuse me, but you think me pointing out contradictions and things of interest is me role hunting?

Okay, sun(son), why don't you just fan yourself from that armor you got on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:07 PM   #254
thesunfan
Role Tide

but its out of character for you to wonder about that
its not out of character for me to wonder about that
-get rekd
Old 07-28-2014, 04:07 PM   #255
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

Quote:
The context is merely what you decide is relevant to say and what you decide is relevant to respond to when you continue. For example, where did anyone say the expectation was "brilliant insight"? Don't you feel that is a bit of an exaggeration? Is this exaggerated expectation you are saying is being held by either xiz or myself part of the context you believe I am failing to understand?
OK fair enough, that "brilliant insight" was hyperbole. What I was driving at was that I had a problem with the way you phrased your question. ("Do you think this is acceptable behavior?")

I don't think it's that uncommon for towns to not have anything THAT substantial to say on Day 1. I don't think I ever really do.

As for, "is it acceptable?" The context is that it's Day 1 and I'm seeing that you're trying to make it seem like that is how I'm going to be behaving in general. Again, I don't plan on "doing nothing" forever obviously, and I don't think that assuming that I'm not working is grounds for a logical lynch.

Quote:
I was just interested in a thing you did which was immediately jump on xiz wanting to kill you after you contributed nothing, and do so by saying "what would you get from killing me?" That question is inherently weird. If xiz thinks you are a possible wolf he would get you being dead, fucking obviously.
I'm genuinely curious about why Xiz said that. At the point that he called me out, are you saying I should have let that claim go?

I'll give you that my phrasing was weird -- but again, Xiz has said absolutely nothing about why "he'd be okay with me dying." Do you think I'm a wolf Xiz? Surely you must have some reason for saying that.

Quote:
Your answer is inherently weird because it is inherently focused on the benefits of killing someone based on the information they would get from the thread, but completely ignores the element where people vote for someone because they think they are a wolf.
Again Xiz literally has not said anything about this

You'd assume that Xiz is looking for wolves and that he thinks I'm a wolf, right? That's what a normal vote means. Then I'm asking him to say it directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 07-28-2014, 04:11 PM   #256
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Hey sunfan, remember this post you made probably an hour ago?

Quote:
I can't say too much obviously, but running the jTWG game got really frustrating so maybe that's what you're seeing?
Gonna say that feels like a cop out!

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:23 PM   #257
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Manti is hardly a meta-slut. I think you don't understand the "metas" of players well enough to make jokes with that level of hyperbole and colorful language.
You haven't even seen the extent of my hyperbole yet.

In a bit more serious a nature let's do something I haven't done for like 3 games or some shit like that:

Suspect list of suspects:

Soonfan - As stated his play feels off to me from his norm. I kinda chalk it up to being phase one though. I don't think he's a good day 1 lynch. If he's a wolf it'd be better to save him for a possible day 2 just to play him safely. If he's town he's too valuable to lose day one.
Blind - Plays like crap and won't explain himself are usually signs of trying to contribute to blend, but not get caught out in a lie later. Wouldn't care for a day one lynch, in fact I almost want to encourage it.
Silvuh -

middie ground of middie ground:

V - I don't know how to read you at all yet. You seem more town though because based long post.
viX - Kinda playing worse than he is for some reason. Where is our old gimmick happy mother's-skull wearing cubone?
Psycho - UTR almost as much as me = suspect. She usually posts more than I do. I chalk it up more so to trying to readjust to a normal game / irl / phase one for now. Will be looking at harder later. Wouldn't be the best day one lynch in my book.
Charu - I wanna green you, but I don't have a reason to lean either side. You have a lot of fluff which is curious because of what Plopdop said, but I also know it's sort of a norm for you.

Tentative Green:

Gradiant - Playing his usual self from what I can gather. Calling out things harshly, but not in a bad way in my book. Green for now.
Plopdop - His thoughts line up with mine for the most part, which is weird, that normally doesn't happen.
Backpack -Adequate posts that aren't defensive. He's trying to make plays, and seems genuine about it.

Could we get a vote count please?

For now gonna toss a pressure vote onto blind though, that will persist until he posts something of value. A post of his own defense would suffice for me because that'd be something to work with.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:25 PM   #258
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

The fact I forgot to underline Plopdop is now irritating me.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:25 PM   #259
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

I should just quit now. /headdesk
Old 07-28-2014, 04:29 PM   #260
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Now that's interesting, what compelled you to make a reads list?

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Closed Thread