Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-4-2007, 09:21 PM   #1
Khorus
FFR Player

Default Best Keyboard Simfile?

Personally, the three simfiles I have the hardest time NOT playing (Because they are so good/addictive) are :
Gen0cid3's Mei
Mc_Mike's Candyman ~Speedy Mix~
Dan23's Cold Scream

Genocide's Mei is REALLY fun to play, I don't even know why, but I know that I finish it once and as soon as it's done I'm playing it again, it's just really addictive to play. I love the speed, and I've only seen 2-3 notes close to the end where it slows down rapidly that seem a little off beat, otherwise everything is orgasmically good.

Mc_mike's candyman is really fun to play because of the speed of the song and the jump stream of the simfile, it makes it semi-challenging but really energetic and powerful to play. I love that feeling.

Cold Scream is just generally a really good song, and the simfile did it justice easily, I don't know if anybody could have done a better job (Maybe) but I really like this simfile and I recommend it to anyone. This is also part of F5, and I don't think you can find Dan23's simfile anywhere else (I know it's not in the FFR Simfile DB, haven't checked Bemani though) The other two songs I got from the FFR Simfile DB, the Mei being the most outstandingly fun to play.

Anyway, those are my recommendations, who else has some amazingly fun songs to play? I don't have the time to sift through all the FFR entries every day to try and find the ones that are fun to play, so that's what I have you guys for! list away!

Edit : I just found out Reach made a Mei. I'm DLing it as we speak, but the reviews aren't looking too good :/
I trust you though Reach :P
Also, I forgot to add :
Reach's Moon_Child <--- Awesome stepfile
Hayden's Ageha <--- Awesome stepfile.

That is all.

Edit 2 : Just played Reach's Mei - Sorry to say Reach, but that was as bad as everyone said. I mean, it was a good idea, but I didn't like it. I'll stick to Mc_Mike's Mei. It's more stream, less jumps, and I still score lower than I did on Reach's, and that was my first (and last) time playing it.

Last edited by Khorus; 03-4-2007 at 09:32 PM..
Khorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-4-2007, 09:25 PM   #2
adlp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Best Keyboard Simfile?

never seen them before hook me up with it

i like shining collection and tokyo style speedcore

but my all-time favorite is Plastic Mind from that one SM project i cant remember
Old 03-5-2007, 10:30 AM   #3
Khorus
FFR Player

I really liked Kil's Absolute (Rock Guitar) and Kilga's Felys (Long), they were both awesomely put together, and Felys is one of those hauntingly beautiful songs that captivate your mind when you play them, and the steps on expert went well. Both these songs are in the KBMP 1.5, apparently recently released.

Kilga's War Game was pretty sweet too, I'm now discovering Kilga is a wicked stepartist.

But the point of this thread is for other people to give me songs that I should get that are really good/challenging. I like a lot of The Flashbulb, Aphex Twin, Venetian Snares, Pory, DJ Sharpnel, DM Ashura, and basically anything fast with a good base that USUALLY doesn't involve really fast jumpstream that gets boring really quickly. (Lolit Speed?)
Old 03-5-2007, 12:01 PM   #4
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
Network Security Analyst
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR Send a message via MSN to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR

Macgravel's - Scorpion (or pretty much any of his newer stuff)
Kilga's - P8107 (or his anything, ever)
Rebirth's - The Games We Played Full Version (other stuff too)
other stuff too, but I don't want to look and/or think right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightdarkness
I'm light f**king darkness
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-5-2007, 12:10 PM   #5
lolTorrent
Banned

I like Hayden's Mei, and Rebirth's TGWP.

I remember the first time I got a Mei file. It was Reach's, and to be honest, it sucked. He didn't even sync the ending. Hayden did a really good job on it, IMO, even if I'm not even CLOSE to being able to do Oni.

Rebirth's TGWP is 17 minutes of pure awesome.
lolTorrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-5-2007, 01:28 PM   #6
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Favorite simfile that isn't one of my own: Zaghurim's dollgabber. I ****ing love that simfile
Rebirth0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-5-2007, 01:31 PM   #7
Yesssss
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Yesssss

haha for a sec I read that as roflgabber
Old 03-5-2007, 01:39 PM   #8
Khorus
FFR Player

Thanks! I'm getting right on downloading those songs. I didn't know Hayden made a Mei, should be fun. And yea, Reach's Mei sucked heh. I've played Kilga's P8107, I liked it a lot to be honest, Kilga is a pretty sick stepartist. I like Bahamut X's The a la Menthe, depending on my mood heh, and I LOVE dAnceguy117's Last Battle, Especially nearing the end where it has you doing hold notes along with the tones and still hitting all the rest of the notes, I really like that interactivity in a stepfile. Keep on coming! I'm liking this thread.

Edit : Can't find Dollgabber

Last edited by Khorus; 03-5-2007 at 01:42 PM..
Old 03-5-2007, 01:43 PM   #9
lexis_is_icecold24
FFR Player

Zanthro's Love Fighter
LEGENDARY
ADDICTIVE
SECKS

Zanthro is awesome(period)

amiright?

EDIT: Hayden's MEI is pretty challanging. Reach's is pretty challanging, but fun at the same time. Anobody's is fun all-round. Just stating my opinion. 8P

Last edited by lexis_is_icecold24; 03-5-2007 at 01:47 PM..
lexis_is_icecold24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-5-2007, 01:53 PM   #10
Yesssss
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Yesssss

dollgabber aka, marisa stole the precious thing aka, marisa wa taihen na mono o nusunde ikima****a is on ODI and both made by zaghurim (although in different boards)

ps the best sim IMO is Kil's Thermosphere
Old 03-5-2007, 01:58 PM   #11
Lain_Iwakura
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lain_Iwakura

lol background change that gives me a great
Old 03-5-2007, 02:01 PM   #12
FFR4EVA_00
FFR Player

Something by Kil. I'll get back to you when I find out which file.
Old 03-5-2007, 02:42 PM   #13
ducky285
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ducky285 Send a message via MSN to ducky285 Send a message via Yahoo to ducky285

I agree with marisa even if the song makes my ears feel like they're being shoved into a meat grinder.

Yesssss's Blue Rose is pretty high up, too.
Old 03-5-2007, 03:15 PM   #14
DiGiTaLSeraph
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DiGiTaLSeraph Send a message via MSN to DiGiTaLSeraph

Kil's Thermosphere most likely.
Old 03-5-2007, 03:17 PM   #15
Doug31
Falcon Paaaauuuunch!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Doug31

Reach's Halloween Speedy Mix ftw!
Old 03-5-2007, 03:24 PM   #16
macgravel
Resident Poopbutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug31 View Post
Hell no. Get out of this thread. That file was a big steaming dump of random arrows.
macgravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-5-2007, 03:30 PM   #17
lolTorrent
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorus View Post
Venetian Snares
VSnares is a good artist for stepfiles, as long as it's not just drums.
Quote:
Pory
Pory is a pretty good artist, but IMO, his %5 and %10 sounded oddly alike. My favorite Pory file is definetly %%. Maximizer was pretty good, only after I re-synced it though.
lolTorrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-5-2007, 04:20 PM   #18
Khorus
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug31 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Hell no. Get out of this thread. That file was a big steaming dump of random arrows.

Got to agree with macgravel on that one :/

I can't find Kils Thermosphere, either here or on Bemani... Different name? Maybe in KBMP 2 (I can't find it) or CKBMP 3 (Does it exist?)

I have Zanthro's love fighter, it's pretty fun.

I also have Marisa stole the precious thing, but I'm not sure who stepped it, as the file doesn't have a name attached to it, I'll look through the FFR DB and the Bemani DB in a bit. Too lazy to search ODI for it :P

I have Maximizer by Pory, definitely fun. I don't have %5 though, and didn't really like %10, too repetitive. I'm not all for that repetitive stuff or the ones with the offbeat bass notes, like t0rajir0u's Arrabiata, I mean, the stepfile is alright, but I don't like the song.

Ducky's Fuego is pretty good, always fun to play that song, IamMe's P8107 is pretty good as well, though I'm still the most addicted to mc_mike's Mei. He seems like a relatively unknown stepartist (I don't hear too many mc_mike praises like I hear about Reach and Rebirth) even though his Untitled Gabber Song steps rock, and I don't remember if it is his The a la Menthe I like, or the other person I listed earlier, going to have to play them again to decide which one. They both have the same idea, but one follows all the sounds better, whereas the other one kind of drags on in between a lot of the trills.

I still can't beat DTM's Strangeprogram, but his Gang Probed kicks major ass.

I really like Emotional Joystick as an artist, and I would like to see more of his songs done, although I can't seem to find his album anywhere to save my life, so making my own is kind of out of the picture.

I like a lot of the piano stuff I hear though, shash's death piano is a little much on the single note mania. I understand it goes with the song, but I have a hard time with it :/

Hyrogashi's Caprice is an intense play, but isn't actually that difficult I found. Really repetitive at some points.

I also have a 43 foot Oni Badger Badger made by some unknown stepartist, and it USED to be uploaded on the FFR DB, but I can't find it again. Basically this is button mashing at it's best, as the majority of the song is just 16th 3-4 footers with no correlation to the song at all. So yea, I'd like to hear about someone that could beat this, but I don't recommend it as a good Stepfile to play. It's no fun, and the Hard is way too easy. They should make an in between :P

And I know I might be lame, but I find myself playing Spectere's Starmine (pop'n'mixx) almost everytime I play Stepmania, even if it isn't that challenging, it's a good stepfile

I'm liking the submissions, going to have to rate how I like the songs that I didn't already have. Maybe if this thread gets big enough we'll turn it into a Best Keyboard File Mega Pack (BKFMP) with old files being allowed to be submitted, because I can't expect people to come up with orgasmic files for a pack that haven't already been made.

BUT, this is just a possibility, not even a goal, it's only if the thread becomes popular/large that we might turn it into that.

The packs I have : VGMP, KBMP I, KBMP III, KBMP 1.5, CKBMP 1, CKBMP 2, and F5, that's it, the rest I've found scouring Bemani/FFR, even though most of the songs I post saying I like are from those packs, a few aren't

Keep posting, I'm liking it.

Last edited by Khorus; 03-5-2007 at 04:23 PM..
Old 03-5-2007, 04:24 PM   #19
falcondude
FFR Player

Cross Time was fun.
falcondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-5-2007, 05:10 PM   #20
Khorus
FFR Player

Okay, I might sound like a newb here, but what the hell are jacks? Like honestly, I don't have any problem with any steps except for the Strangeprogram style one-handed speed business, but that just takes a lot of time and effort to be able to do, it will come naturally eventually. But I played TGWP 17 minute version, and yes, it was orgasmic, but everyone was always complaining about the jacks, and the "one-handed jack at about 1100" that I can't seem to figure out. I can't get an 1100 combo first time around, probably not second either, so I can't do the figuring on my own. Anyone help me out here? I mean, I can definitely play most Stepfiles, but I don't know all the fancy names for all the key combinations.