Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2008, 09:52 PM   #1
eric25
FFR Player

Default Metal Gear Solid 4 (no spoilers)

Who is excited for it? Who is getting it tonight at midnight? Whatever how about some Metal Gear Solid 4 discussion. I know I can't wait to get an 80 GB bundle and play Metal Gear Solid 4 all day. Anyone else?
eric25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:06 AM   #2
iPatcH
Swamp Lemons Rule
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iPatcH
Default Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 (no spoilers)

I watched someone play the first couple acts. It was... amazing. The end of Act IV was enough to make me consider getting a PS3, it was that epic.

Last edited by GuidoHunter; 06-12-2008 at 11:07 AM..
iPatcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:41 AM   #3
demonllama6124
im your grandpa!!!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to demonllama6124 Send a message via Yahoo to demonllama6124

i just bought the 80GB bundle with MGS4. been wanting a PS3 for a while now, so when i saw that this bundle was coming out, it was perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh_girl View Post
OP, WTFBrandon & demonllama6124

Only Men here with Manly Man hairy legs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
leonid, please shut the fuck up before I make you.
Help decide which game I should play next. Trying to beat all my games
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...47#post4489647
demonllama6124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:56 PM   #4
eric25
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonllama6124 View Post
i just bought the 80GB bundle with MGS4. been wanting a PS3 for a while now, so when i saw that this bundle was coming out, it was perfect.
Same here. I picked my bundle up this morning. This is probably one of my favorite games I've ever played.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:57 PM   #5
powerdown
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to powerdown

I'm getting this game after work tonight. I cannot wait. I've played every Metal Gear game, and I want to see how Kojima finishes up the series.

RULES FOR PROPER THREAD MAKING
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
1. before you make a thread... think to yourself... "will i sound like a complete idiot if i make this thread?" "will i get flamed out the ass if i make this thread?" "am i doing nothing but whining about something i'm getting for free and not supporting myself?" if you answer yes to any of those questions, don't post the thread.

2. if the thread has ANYTHING to do with tokens, skill tokens, sotw, or difficulty of songs... do not post it. under any circumstance. why? because you already violated rule #1, i'm sure.
powerdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:29 PM   #6
SaguchiTheCat
FFR Player

Didn't I post in this topic? Were did the post go?

I have heard that there is still going to make games for this series, but I just want it to end so badly. I am sick of these overrated games getting best game of the year every year one is made. Everyone says it's the best series ever, but I just plain cannot stand the series. I have tried to get into it, but I just can't, no matter how much people like the games. By now you should realize how much I hate the games.

Currently making DDR Gameboy stepfiles. So far I have made:
Butterfly 8-bit.
SaguchiTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:46 PM   #7
Orange Dude
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

My brothers playing this right now, I'm gonna go watch him I guess.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:27 PM   #8
iPatcH
Swamp Lemons Rule
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iPatcH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaguchiTheCat View Post
Didn't I post in this topic? Were did the post go?

I have heard that there is still going to make games for this series, but I just want it to end so badly. I am sick of these overrated games getting best game of the year every year one is made. Everyone says it's the best series ever, but I just plain cannot stand the series. I have tried to get into it, but I just can't, no matter how much people like the games. By now you should realize how much I hate the games.
There's a reason your post got deleted. You're openly admitting to disliking the game and thus derailing the discussion of said game, and in turn opening thread to flaming. You're not contributing, so stay out of the thread.

I finally got to watch the first 40 or so minutes of the game... I seen pieces and pieces of every scene now. The one thing that always makes me go ":O!" is whenever they go directly from a cinematic to in game play... because nothing changes.

Last edited by iPatcH; 06-13-2008 at 03:29 PM..
iPatcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:39 PM   #9
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

His first post was deleted for the tone and content of the way he expressed his dislike. It was trolly, and a little flamey. His post this time was a perfectly reasonable expression of his dislike of the series.

I'd still say, Saguchi, that in a thread about people being excited for the game, coming in to say how much you hate it is just asking for trouble, but that doesn't mean you can't express your opinion if you do it civilly.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:37 PM   #10
powerdown
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to powerdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatcH View Post
The one thing that always makes me go ":O!" is whenever they go directly from a cinematic to in game play... because nothing changes.
Same here. The first time it happened I was like "Oh, time for the camera to cut out and there be a brief break in the action." Then the camera turned around Snake and I was right on the front lines; my jaw was on the floor.

I'm only at the very end of Act II as of right now. Lot's of fun full scale wars here, assuming that's your playstyle. But also equally fun to try and get through without being spotted.

RULES FOR PROPER THREAD MAKING
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
1. before you make a thread... think to yourself... "will i sound like a complete idiot if i make this thread?" "will i get flamed out the ass if i make this thread?" "am i doing nothing but whining about something i'm getting for free and not supporting myself?" if you answer yes to any of those questions, don't post the thread.

2. if the thread has ANYTHING to do with tokens, skill tokens, sotw, or difficulty of songs... do not post it. under any circumstance. why? because you already violated rule #1, i'm sure.
powerdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 01:53 AM   #11
eric25
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerdown View Post
Same here. The first time it happened I was like "Oh, time for the camera to cut out and there be a brief break in the action." Then the camera turned around Snake and I was right on the front lines; my jaw was on the floor.

I'm only at the very end of Act II as of right now. Lot's of fun full scale wars here, assuming that's your playstyle. But also equally fun to try and get through without being spotted.
Same here. I thought the game was going to have way to many cutscenes, but I love the cutscenes. They transition from the game, to the cutscene, back to the game perfectly. Sometimes I actually find myself playing the game to get to the next cutscene. It almost feels like I'm playing the most super awesome movie that has ever been made.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:40 AM   #12
Un-registered
FFR Player

I can't wait to get it, I heard like all the people from the orginal metal gear characters are going to be in it. Metal gear is my fave game, I bet this will be a killing. Can't wait!
Un-registered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:57 PM   #13
scorpio1690
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to scorpio1690 Send a message via MSN to scorpio1690

I got it yesterday and played it for ~13 hours. The beginning of Act 3 is so God damn annoying.

I'm not a fan of the Mission Briefing scenes. I think they could wrap those up in a lot less time.

That said, the bosses are ****ing amazing. Only beaten the first one so far but it was such an epic battle. Anyone else get her octomask camo?

I love how many different things you can do once you've snuck up on an enemy with CQC. A lot of the time I'll wake up enemies I've knocked out just to knock them out a different way.

Just woke up. I'm gonna go play.
scorpio1690 is offline   Reply With Quote