Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2022, 04:07 AM   #21
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Global Leaderboard v3 Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
The tags you selected wasn't something that was mentioned during our staff meeting which was a failure on our part. Given that you don't want the file locked behind a token I'll converse with staff about what to do given as a token won't be an option.

For the time being I'll remove mention of the HFF changes from the post.
Thank you for at least considering. If the file is too hard to leave ranked I completely understand that - I'm not blind that it's an incredible outlier.
I was hoping to inspire people to create files to bridge the gap as I am certain someday HFF will be within the top players grasps, but until then, leaving it public at 0 difficulty would be a great compromise.
I know it's objectively not a bad file technically and I personally really enjoy playing and seeing others play it on downrates. I just... want more than a few dozen people to be able to experience it.

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 04:47 AM   #22
Velocity
Doing the wrong thing the right way since 2010.
Site and Game Administrator
AdministratorRetired StaffDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
Thank you for at least considering. If the file is too hard to leave ranked I completely understand that - I'm not blind that it's an incredible outlier.
I was hoping to inspire people to create files to bridge the gap as I am certain someday HFF will be within the top players grasps, but until then, leaving it public at 0 difficulty would be a great compromise.
I know it's objectively not a bad file technically and I personally really enjoy playing and seeing others play it on downrates. I just... want more than a few dozen people to be able to experience it.
For myself I'd rather the file stay playable as is, as I personally enjoy the file.
It's really just been the difficulty and the boundary breaking nature of it that has been really contentious.
Velocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 07:48 AM   #23
loftyb
Dump Judge
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Won’t be when dump files are added to the game

Edit: Just use one of those subs as D8 token.

Last edited by loftyb; 09-17-2022 at 07:49 AM..
loftyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 10:50 AM   #24
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
If I were you I'd be honored that people went up to me to try and design a novelty file that breaks the barriers of comfort FFR has been constrained to for so long. It's sad to read this from a well known and respected stepartist. While I understand that some people do not like their file being rewards for tokens (and that the batch's checkboxes for release types should be respected), I can't help but feel like it's a good step in the direction of encouraging more top end players to participate on FFR and have their own, non-trivial achievements to go for.

Your file may not have been the greatest 120 there could ever be, but I'd be very damn surprised if even a handful of other stepartists could have managed to pull off a chart of this difficulty that is actually thought through. Kudos to you cornman, and I hope this doesn't deter you from contributing more awesome content to this game.
How do you have so much brain-rot you thought this was a good post, way to completely miss the point.

I do get what Goldstinger is saying, but yeah, the requests on submission should be respected. If I saw a song of mine go into an antipa token, and my request to remove that requirement weren't followed, FFR would be removing it and I'd resub it till it was put in correctly. I don't even want antipa locks off my files. I make this pretty clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
The other option is to remove the song completely, which seems like that might be a viable option if the file can't be used as a token.
I feel like that's not even in the ball park, or drug inspired trip of how that should work.

You'd be better off giving it the Legacy check-box, and outside of level ranking.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 03:30 PM   #25
ToonE156
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
How do you have so much brain-rot you thought this was a good post, way to completely miss the point.
dam that's a bit much, i agree OP did miss the point extremely hard but jesus dude
If accuracy is not your middle name, my balls smell like lavender and honey.

ToonE156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 04:03 PM   #26
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!

If I may pitch my 2 cents for hi19's map, please be respectful to the preference of keeping his map public

Looking forward to the leader board changes coming up in October, good luck everyone!
icontrolyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 04:13 PM   #27
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Aight, tone it down. No need for that level of vitriol towards others.
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 04:41 PM   #28
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 View Post
dam that's a bit much, i agree OP did miss the point extremely hard but jesus dude
I've said it before, I'll say it again. There's a report button. Use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
Aight, tone it down. No need for that level of vitriol towards others.
Man, the pillow I sleep on at night is not nearly as soft as you are. And I paid extra for the comfy one.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 04:45 PM   #29
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Quote:
I've said it before, I'll say it again. There's a report button. Use it.
Someone already did. Ergo why I made my post.

Quote:
Man, the pillow I sleep on at night is not nearly as soft as you are. And I paid extra for the comfy one.
Yes, I want to make sure this thread doesn't devolve into name-calling, flame-baiting, and trolling. Perish the thought I put some effort into attempting to curtail it early, amirite?
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 04:50 PM   #30
ToonE156
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Quote:
I've said it before, I'll say it again. There's a report button. Use
nah, someone beat me to it and I lazy

Back on topic kinda: o7 to all the people who won't be in D7 or D8 anymore

Last edited by ToonE156; 09-17-2022 at 05:19 PM..
Old 09-17-2022, 05:38 PM   #31
Velocity
AdministratorRetired StaffDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

After discussing with DCs and considering what they have planned, along with taking into account the new songs weights. Heartbreak Furry Fandom will be staying public at this time and it'll be moved to 130.

In the future when we have more points of reference this will most likely be up for change but for the time being, this separates it out to a much for fitting position.

In addition, ultimately while 120 was chosen as the "cap" on the difficulty scale, there wasn't a lot of songs in that range and reducing the difficulty of files to make the scale fit would be counter productive in the long run. Simply extending the upper range to make a more befitting song difficulty produces the cleanest end result of ranking files without having to give the file a 0 rating, which doesn't apply given the new agreed upon requirements for such a rating.
Old 09-17-2022, 05:40 PM   #32
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
After discussing with DCs and considering what they have planned, along with taking into account the new songs weights. Heartbreak Furry Fandom will be staying public at this time and it'll be moved to 130.

In the future when we have more points of reference this will most likely be up for change but for the time being, this separates it out to a much for fitting position.

In addition, ultimately while 120 was chosen as the "cap" on the difficulty scale, there wasn't a lot of songs in that range and reducing the difficulty of files to make the scale fit would be counter productive in the long run. Simply extending the upper range to make a more befitting song difficulty produces the cleanest end result of ranking files without having to give the file a 0 rating, which doesn't apply given the new agreed upon requirements for such a rating.
Sounds about right! Great news
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 05:50 PM   #33
sff_writer_dan
FFR Player

Quote:

Probably an obvious question, but given that play more did get a "relatively" clean score during a one week tournament window, I assume it was checked what kind of score you'd need to still get high equiv from a song as high as 130?

I know the change where even your best score is <4% of your rank will mitigate that a lot, but even so.
sff_writer_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 06:07 PM   #34
RenegadeLucien
FFR Veteran
Skill Rating Designer
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

play more's HFF score corresponds to a equiv of 83 on a 130 diff file. A 100g score would be a 106.27 equiv.

RenegadeLucien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 06:19 PM   #35
Velocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sff_writer_dan View Post
Probably an obvious question, but given that play more did get a "relatively" clean score during a one week tournament window, I assume it was checked what kind of score you'd need to still get high equiv from a song as high as 130?

I know the change where even your best score is <4% of your rank will mitigate that a lot, but even so.
While I don't have a image for a 130, Mattias does have them for a 125, and 140.

Last edited by Velocity; 09-17-2022 at 06:25 PM..
Old 09-17-2022, 06:26 PM   #36
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:

Excellent news, thank you!
I look forward to seeing what fills the gap in the coming years, and the player skill boosts that come with tackling them.
I await the day someone gets equiv on HFF... I'm sure it will happen eventually!

Old 09-17-2022, 06:36 PM   #37
BigHayden1
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

wheres does that leave the 102+ aaa token
BigHayden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 06:42 PM   #38
Velocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHayden1 View Post
wheres does that leave the 102+ aaa token
Cancelled for the time being.
Old 09-17-2022, 07:13 PM   #39
ToonE156
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Quote:

HYPEEEEEEEEE

Old 09-18-2022, 12:38 AM   #40
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
Cancelled for the time being.
I hope someone who wants their file to have that honor can make a banger, it's a good idea for a longterm goal token after all.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 09-18-2022 at 12:38 AM..