Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2020, 07:46 AM   #3281
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
a lot has happened this phase; this will sound rude, but I don't mean it to be at all

I'd suggest doing more reading and then reacting at the end, or when there are very important things, because there's a lot of twists today.
I'm phoneposting so I'm reaching as I go what what
Old 03-17-2020, 07:52 AM   #3282
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mathilda View Post
You know what fuck this, you guys keep going after roles for doing things to try to give info without claiming. I DIDN'T PROTECT YOU LAST NIGHT.

There you go it's out. I'm fed up at this point.
are you fucking kidding me what what
Old 03-17-2020, 07:55 AM   #3283
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Boomer View Post
She and then Cherry unvote soon after,
I never unvoted after putting mine on Dora what what
Old 03-17-2020, 07:56 AM   #3284
TWG Phil
FFR Player

As a heads up, this is probably the longest post I've ever written. I'm never rereading a game again so long as I live. Please at least skim it, I think I say some good, original stuff in here.

ok so here's where I'm at; I've finished my reread and I feel fairly confident at this point. Working through this post, I've cleared people based on a few different things, and what I was working on the most was

I'll firstly state some really simple shit; I believe all the PRs.

That gives me the starting town pool of

Phil
Boomer
Julian
Mathilda

Afterwords, I will talk briefly about a few people who I have cleared. I will give further reasons on all players not listed above further below in my post.

I am clearing for one reason or another:
Eugene
Flurry

the pool thickens to
Phil
Boomer
Julian
Mathilda
Eugene
Flurry

players currently outside of this list are
Agent S
Apollo
Cherry
Cole
Fauna
Maple
Punchy
Rolf
Tank

Of those remaining players, I think that (and this is where the order on my list starts to matter; I do technically have Eugene above Flurry but I'm not going to consider either of them at all until mylo/lylo) these players are the towniest

Tank
Apollo
Punchy
Fauna

Between those names, it is likely that there is a deep wolf, imo. I hope I'm not playing so badly as to have two mafia here, and I'll feel really shitty if I do, because no one on this list would be uncatchable.

This leaves
Maple

Cherry
Agent S

Cole
Rolf

looking at these names, I am pretty well-affirmed that I don't have the game solved, but I don't think its likely at all for there to be more than two wolves in the tier above this one. This is the pool that I am, more or less (emphasis here) content to kill within today.

I'll briefly state that I am not even really thinking about what happened last night. I'm just going to play the game, and see what happens. Hopefully, some flips will help us figure out what the fuck Molly did, and whether or not it was relevant to last night at all. I have no alternate proposal for what happened, and none of my reads really factor it in. It will matter at some point in this game, I just don't know when exactly. I will revisit it at that time.

I'll talk about a few things that I think is likely to be the case for some candidates to not be together

Part of the reason I have Apollo so high is so many people have pinged him out. He was, more or less, a viable target for lynch the first, and seemingly moreso on the second day before it became apparent that Dora was becoming the mechanically correct lynch. Tank was a notable defender here, and I think town is probably very fucked if that's a w/w interaction. For someone with 222 posts, Apollo has very few friends in the thread, is clearly trying pretty hard, and I think I figured out who they are, and this WIM is more aligned with their town game. But mostly, I just wanted to talk about the first bit.

I ISO'd Zucker (big ask, let me say) and I see him talking to Maple about how they need to stop posting with that old gimmick, and I wouldn't really care about it, except for the fact that Zucker says that diaper fetishists talk like that, and that the anon game would be anonymous only for so long. I think this is, ultimately, a decent look for Maple. Zucker is very relaxed here, and contrary to things both Flurry and Fauna have said thus far, I think that wolves have a very hard time being relaxed when they're talking to their partners directly. I think that, in the 5 names I have listed above, I would likely consider Maple last for this reason. I understand that this is probably the read that the least number of people are going to follow/agree with. You just have to give me this one.

Firstly, let me note that Cherry is at 2 postcount, and therefore has a decent chance of being replaced this phase. I think that they had said something about work, so w/e, but all I mean to say is, the absence is noted. Cherry had a post about how "I hate you [Flurry] because you're putting in all the work that a townie would, but I really want to scumread you." In the event that I am very wrong on Flurry, I think Cherry is very unlikely to be a partner with Flurry for this point. Its not really distancing the way wolves tend to; there's usually a vote attached when wolves want to distance, and there's not the push that Cherry made there. Flurry was filed under "will revisit later" on Cherry's reads list.

Rolf has accused Agent S for... spaghetti reasons, claiming that they're similar to how plop was posting last game. Doesn't feel like wolf distancing to me at all; maybe Rolf is convinced he's dying and wants to give Agent S a pass, but the reasoning doesn't feel artificial there to me. Its been very persistent, saying he would've rather killed Agent S over Chief yday.

I know there's a lot more that I could probably find that makes some people not very likely to be wolves, but that was the stuff that stood out to me the most. Mostly, I think Apollo's lack of friends in the early game makes it kind of hard to pair him with people.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here, I'll talk about my longer reads on everyone.

town

Eugeue- I'll keep this one shorter. I know who Eugene is for 99.99% certainty. This is not their wolfgame for 99.99% certainty. They're new, and this is not how new wolves behave, in short. I believe Eugene's reaction when they saw that Del claimed cop; if Eugene was a wolf, they almost certainly would've known that Del had claimed it beforehand, but their cartoonish reaction was believable to me, and I don't think a player like Eugene is going to have been able to have that reaction given their history with TWG. I don't give a damn about Elba's posts.

Flurry- for our top poster, this one is going to be a little bit on the longer side. Their progression towards choosing Zucker over Mathilda (asking me which one they should go for, and deciding for themselves that Zucker was wolfier on ISO) is the first thing that is worth talking about on Flurry. Since then, they've been far and away top poster now that Eugene has slowed down. Through all of it, I can see their thought process through everything. Moments of confusion, like when they were confused when I was pointing out that the mafia roleblocker was not nerfed (which I believe they didn't know), moments of doubt, like most recently, when trying to build a team of 3 with the living players and struggling, townreading chief before chief was lynched, I can see their process through all of this pretty clearly and cleanly. Maybe the only point that I can agree with that Cole has said today was when Flurry clapped back a bit at Julian, it was more along the wolfy side, but if anyone is actually reading this shit and not just scrolling past it, like I assume most people will, they'll know that I'm being hypocritical for calling that wolfy when I overreacted to Julian. All in all, it really doesn't feel like our top poster is styling on us. When that happens, I can usually kind of feel it a little bit, and that's not the feeling I am getting this game. Their posting has been pure, their progression towards Zucker was good, and I just don't think its possible for me to scumread them before lylo. I have decided not to care about the Fauna/Flurry thing, if anyone cares about that.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Tank- Firstly, I'll say that if Rolf ever flips wolf, I think Tank ends up looking kinda bad, since I still believe that wolves were almost certainly unable to help themselves in voting for Zucker. Tank doesn't really feel like a bus to me at all, but its not Julian, Boomer, Flurry, or me. Secondly, I'll say that, kind of opposite to Apollo, Tank has done a really good job of making himself memorable while being in the lower half of posters. My whole thing has kinda been killing lowposters, but that's not making me want to kill Tank at all. I like, most recently, the fact that they continued to care about Fauna's comment on "weak busing" or w/e, and I think they've been the only one who has showed continued interest other than myself. Town on FFR can't get enough of slips, and while, ultimately, I've decided not to give a shit about this one, I think it is, generally a mark of town to look for such things. Trying to understand what Molly was saying when Molly was talking about gaslighting is probably the only thing that I haven't liked from my reread that Tank has done; if there's a wolfteam that nightkilled Molly last night, I think it would be because Tank found Molly's point on that to be kind of revealing. Gotta say, in summation, I really enjoyed reading Tank's posts, and I can generally see original thought. If they were keeping this up for 150 more posts or so, I'd put them in their tier above below Flurry, its just that there's a few scenarios that I can see where Tank is the deepest.

Apollo- Talked about it a bit ahead, and this is less true today, but very true the day before. They've been trending up and up since Zucker died, which I think would be pretty difficult for a mafia to do. Yes, I know mafia has to go deep when a teammate dies that early, but it hasn't quite felt like that. Their reads list yday was detailed, and they've stuck by their reads, such as holding true to their Fauna townread, when it would be opportunistic of wolves to change their mind on Fauna to add to the pitchforks and torches (this assumes that they're not together, which they can be). Stuff like mocking Maple for her scumteam feels very natural, not like a wolf getting pushed on, and their pushback on people scumreading them (I cannot find this in the iso to save my life, it was something like calling someone out for pushing on them wolfily without elaborating) is something that I think townies tend to do when they're slightly annoyed at being pushed on. I think this is, after Maple, my jankiest read, but I feel good about it. I don't understand what the team is at all if Apollo is a wolf here. They care about and are actually thinking about stuff on me, even though they're townreading me, and this part of the read is selfish, but I can see them thinking about potential partners, like thinking its wolfy of me for not pushing Chrissy more yday due to knowing she was going to be replaced, or reminding people that Fauna's thing also included me, and not just Flurry.

Punchy- This one will be kind of brief; there's a lot packed into the barely over 100 posts from this cat. I think I said earlier that if Rolf is town, I think it makes Punchy wolfy for the case on Chief at first EOD, but I don't think I feel this way on a reread anymore; Punchy was just vanity-voting Chief, I think. Kinda thinking I figured out who they are, and I don't think they pass up a chance to bus there. To talk about more recent things, I would be expecting a drop-off in their posts, either length-wise or introspective-wise, and I haven't seen it. They've kind of (minorly, mind you) taken on Flurry at the start of this phase in a non-wolfy way imo. Stuff like townreading Maple for their shit on Julian was very against the grain at the time in a non-wolfy way, considering Maple should be in the lynch pool for Punchy unless they're partners. They followed it up with asking Flurry a question on the mechanics, so I think its just generally stuff like that that makes me feel like they care about the game and about solving it. I like them standing by their Chief vote even though Chief flipped town, I think wolves do that less often than villagers on FFR, and its a bit dangerous to do stuff like that in this game, given people have been wolfreading people like Julian for being incorrect in their pushes.

Fauna- This is the read I was the least happy to make, but I think Fauna has just had pretty good thoughts the whole game long. While I don't agree that wolves are going to be relaxed around their partners, I do like the fact that Fauna looked through Zucker's ISO for interactions, and reached a conclusion on Punchy (albeit it was a singular point and not part of a larger case). Looking back, no one has really sheeped Julian at all on his case on me, aside from Fauna. Wolves are going to want to go with the crowd, and aside from me throwing the kitchen sink at Julian, most people have just said "nah, doesn't feel right to me." Takes like this from Fauna are unique, and its not a wolf trying to blend into the thread, I think. Ultimately, I'll feel the worst if Fauna is a wolf out of these four names; I think they are the most catchable in this list, and I'll kick myself for not putting them lower, but I am fine with their gameplay, I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maple- I'll put them in a tier of their own. They're the most awkward player in the game, to me, right now. They've been purposely drawing attention to themselves, which I think is a trait wholly different from how wolves typically play. Outing the PI, even while leaving a trail to walk it back, is very awkward as a wolf (though not impossible). Their blowup on Eugene, while I think it was directed towards a town, read significantly more townie to me on a reread than it did initially. I think they're doing a very good job of playing not how a wolf would, but I don't think it eliminates them from being a wolf, if that makes any sense to anyone. If they're a wolf, their partners have done a fantastic job of ignoring them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cherry- Talked a bit earlier about their Flurry case, I really liked them leading up to the Chief lynch. I was mindmelding with them, hard, and I'm kind of sad to write their name so low in a reads list after that, but I just didn't see it from them on a reread. All I really had was the Chief read, looking back, and it kind of feels like it was most of what Cherry had. Their lack of progress today (again, I acknowledge their slank) is kind of disappointing, because while they talk about needing to re-evaluate, they haven't done it yet, and that kind of puts them in a blank slate position. I guess it just ends up being that I townread a lot of other people a lot more than Cherry, I guess. I think, of all the people who were claiming that Chrissy was pretending to be a new player, rather than actually being a new player, Cherry's case is the most awkward. I don't at all follow her point on Chrissy not knowing what WIFOM is, but Chrissy doing a multiquote. This is perhaps a bit unfair, but their reads list has aged very, very poorly. Flurry, Mathilda, Chrissy, Julian, Molly has, at most, one wolf, and they talk about how they're not interested in Chrissy before it was clear that Chrissy was not going to meet the postcount minimum. I also think, given their previous progression on Chrissy pretending to be a new player, that they SHOULD have cared about Chrissy more than they actually did. Their (lack of a) read on Rolf feels very partnery to me as well. I really, really, for some reason, want to townread this slot more. I could consider swapping them with Fauna, pending good developments from them upon reentry.

Agent S- While Apollo has trended up since Zucker was lynched, Agent S has trended way, way down, which is what I would expect for a wolf who managed to do a lot in the early game. Wolf fatigue is a very real thing, and the more the game goes on, the more I think Agent S fits this bill. Similar to Cherry, a lot of their scumreads were on the people who have claimed PR, rather than on the people in the POE who are still there, and I think that there is likely a wolf who ran into some difficulties with their pushes. Their reads list earlier in the phase (despite having two overlapping wolves with myself) was very, very cookie-cutter, and there's not a unique read there at all.

Cole- Came close to loving their posts at the start of this phase, their re-entrance was "lol, AMA, I'm catching up." While I believe its a big ask to ask them to be fully caught up, I totally haven't see the solving that Chrissy was also lacking. I should also say, I don't give a damn about the initial slot 0-posting here, but I'd laugh pretty hard if this slot ends up being a wolf, because its just so perfect for an anon game for Xiz. I know who Chrissy was, and I will reiterate that this is their wolfgame; unable to find their footing, not asking townie questions about what has happened or what anything means (not terms, but asking about actions). It was all just post and dip.

Rolf- In a weird way, not talking about Rolf is about all I need to talk about for this slot. I think their asking to be lynched if it would help the game is nowhere near as townie as Julian thought it was at the time. Wolves do that shit on FFR, and its annoying, but it happens fairly regularly. I don't really think it was townie to ask how someone knew that the wolves had daychat; even Eugene knew and he had been in the game for .3 seconds. At this point, it might be cruel to call someone with 73 posts a lowposter, but I think its the case. Their development on Agent S today has been a very, very strange one, based on something I don't really understand with last game, and its just awkward in a non-townie way, I think. Its impossible to follow, and while I normally give that some townpoints, there's too many possible holes with their push. I just don't really understand what they're doing, and if they had more posts, perhaps I'd call them a flailing wolf. I know people are going to (perhaps even rightly) roll their eyes at this, but I think lynching Rolf basically puts the game into a lot more perspective for me, depending on the ensuing flip. If Rolf is town, I think I'd do a lot more reevaluating, given the absolute insanity that would be the Zucker d0 wagon, but I think he's just a wolf. He fits basically everywhere, for me.

tl;dr

town
phil
Mathilda
Julian
Boomer

Eugene
Flurry

town leans
Tank
Apollo
Punchy
Fauna

in their own tier; very awkward for them to be on a team
maple

wolves
Cherry
Agent S

Cole
Rolf
Old 03-17-2020, 07:57 AM   #3285
TWG Phil
FFR Player

rolf

kind of disappointing a reread didn't change more here, for me, but w/e
I hope Cherry posts well because I want them to be town for some reason
Old 03-17-2020, 07:58 AM   #3286
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Maple View Post
Oh yeah, that's me. Henlo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
you're claiming PI?
Quote:
because i'm immediately going to call bullshit on it:
Quote:
I wanted to see what the thread thought, and as i read, some were okay with it.
Quote:
this is an incredibly bad play, ESPECIALLY if you're town. don't force the real PI to come out just because you want them to. that's their decision to make
Quote:
???
Quote:
are you claiming PI, yes or no?
Quote:
whatever. i'm hardclaiming it

i'm the private investigator
Quote:
really really wanted to wait to see who was going to push on me and who was going to townread me before coming out with it
what the actual fuck

I guess that explains Julian's 'hey don't shoot me pls' posts but what the fuck

maple if you're town this is the fucking dumbest play I've ever seen what what
Old 03-17-2020, 08:00 AM   #3287
TWG Phil
FFR Player

since I know someone will ask

Hey Phil, what's ur team of 3, I don't see it in that post

firstly, thank you for reading it

secondly, I don't really build teams, usually. Its not really worth it for me, because its likely you will be wrong somewhere, and that can warp too much.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:02 AM   #3288
TWG Phil
FFR Player

I'm rewarding myself for finishing that by fucking right off and playing some switch

please, at least skim that post, thank you
Old 03-17-2020, 08:03 AM   #3289
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
I fake claimed to
1. Have the last role be out in the open as me, hoping the p.i. saw my message. Me being "confirmed" to everyone but them helps out.
this sketchy as FUCK what what
Old 03-17-2020, 08:04 AM   #3290
TWG Phil
FFR Player

Ok, i lied, one more thing

I feel like an ass for how I reacted to Julian's scumread of me
It was a bad moment and I feel bad about it
Old 03-17-2020, 08:05 AM   #3291
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
!!! Well now
honestly thinking that the flurry post I quoted there is a slip now what what
Old 03-17-2020, 08:06 AM   #3292
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
I kinda hate just sitting on the side and trying to figure out what's the best angle to approach this because it makes me look like I'm trying to manipulate the game.

Well, I do am trying to do that. Just not sure what's the good way to do it.
what even is this post what what

'it makes me look like I'm doing X but guess what I am!' what even is your point
Old 03-17-2020, 08:07 AM   #3293
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
tl;dr: I suffer from expecting perfect plays when they don't happen
why the fuck would you expect perfect plays what what
Old 03-17-2020, 08:08 AM   #3294
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
i'll give a more detailed reads list before the end of the phase for sure but here's a quick and dirty and intuition-based list that's subject to change (for example, cole is only strong town because i don't think he and phil are ever partners):

town: eugene, flurry, cole
leaning town: maple, rolf
the slightest of slightest town leans but basically null: agent s
null: fauna, apollo, tank
leaning wolf: cherry, punchy
wolf: phil
wolf lean on me is entirely because I tunneled you earlier isn't it what what
Old 03-17-2020, 08:08 AM   #3295
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
I know the plan is to just let me solve everything and mislynch a town, but that's getting old.
??????????????????????

flurry shooting straight to the bottom of my list at this rate what what
Old 03-17-2020, 08:10 AM   #3296
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
Well, town is self-destructing, that's great and all, but really you guys need to reset.
'you guys' as opposed to 'we' implying you are not town, the slips just keep slipping what what
Old 03-17-2020, 08:19 AM   #3297
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
bored. Tank
flurry

what what

also Phil please calm down

also also I really don't like meta arguments like "I never bus on ffr" - it's an anon game, that shit shouldn't hold any water
Old 03-17-2020, 08:21 AM   #3298
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Christ I need to re-evaluate basically everyone now though

proper rereads and isos and whatnot when I'm at my computer.

flurry top scum
maple right under them
phil is probably fine
I like Apollo still

reminder to myself to iso punchy agent s and fauna
Old 03-17-2020, 08:23 AM   #3299
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

I can agree that these posts are bad posts, but I find it comical that they're seen as wolfy.

Even the Tank vote was because I hadn't seen him in a while.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:25 AM   #3300
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

also Phil please quote a post where I point out Chrissy doesn't know what wifom is but knows how to multiquote what what

I don't remember making that argument whatsoever and I can't tell if I've gone insane and actually did make it (it's a fuckin stupid argument so if I did then what is wrong with me) or if you have me confused with someone else what what
Closed Thread