Closed Thread

Old 03-6-2014, 01:08 PM   #201
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CX: Matrix6: Reloaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
ding ding ding ding ding. I am a passive type of person and a passive TWG player and it makes no more sense to vote for me for being passive than it does to vote for Sunfan for being assertive or Riot for posting random silly shit. It's just how I am dawg
That's up to you, but passive players often pick up votes and get lynched simply for lack of a better option. You're saying you want to observe other people speak naturally, but no one can observe what you are saying if you are not saying much, and that tends to be a problem for human teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
I feel like I'm over analyzing this too much. I really don't want to be fooled a third time by his shenanigans.
This was regarding Riotpolice, correct? Could you give more context for people who weren't in those games with you?
Old 03-6-2014, 01:15 PM   #202
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
I've got a question for you mellon; what do you think of Charu thus far?
Charu is a question mark, leaning human. He posted a lot of fluff at the beginning of the phase but that is to be expected of anyone. He didn't really contribute much to the thread aside from casting suspicion on Riot and has been UTR lately but he also questioned Danceguy a bit. I don't see anything that sticks out as wolfy to me really but of course he hasn't posted too much so I need to hear more from him

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceguy
That's up to you, but passive players often pick up votes and get lynched simply for lack of a better option. You're saying you want to observe other people speak naturally, but no one can observe what you are saying if you are not saying much, and that tends to be a problem for human teams.
and players who post nonsense at the beginning of Day 0 often get lynched simply for lack of a better option. We all need to take into account the person who is actually playing and what their play style is. I have no problem with posting more but I am not going to pull interrogative questions out of my ass when I personally think it would be more beneficial to let the game play out with as little steering from me as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
Old 03-6-2014, 01:25 PM   #203
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
This was regarding Riotpolice, correct? Could you give more context for people who weren't in those games with you?
Yeah, sure, so remember his first game where I was going at him really hard? I was certain I was on the trail, but then I was so unsure of myself because of how he was reacting and responding. I was torn if it was a nervous wolf or a nervous human and I couldn't make up my mind.

I changed my opinion to not vote for him because of my confusion, but it came back to bite me in the butt because he was the master wolf.

Then there was that game where an alliance happened with Riot, I was the middle man of this alliance and thus I didn't know the alliance but I know that it existed. Riotpolice was acting pretty shady in that game and I wanted to get him hard because I definitely thought he was a wolf. I was then lied about Riot that he was green and was in the alliance and I was flipping my shit because I fully believed he was going to compromise the alliance if he was kept alive because of his really shady demeanor.

Upon my death when I faked seer due to alliance telling me to do that, I learned he was actually the seer himself.

So that's why I'm paranoid about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 03-6-2014, 01:50 PM   #204
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Home from school now, still sick. Hello sudden suspicion dogpile.

Couple things:

Quote:
and the posts that do contribute aren't very fleshed out and are just picking out Riot for being shady.
a) my focus is on sunfan right now, not Riot. I mentioned the quick thing at 149-151 posts to not let him out of our heads, but my vote is on sunfan for a reason.

b) I don't tend to write out long drawn out posts unless requested for. I tend to write what's immediately in my head and that's it, maybe a little extra here and there, but I wouldn't say I make large posts regularly. My "large" posts are usually reads lists, which of course are worthless at the moment being Day 0 (By the way pretty sure full reads lists are essentially garbage till like the second/third day phases).

Quote:
Or course it is possible that he is just a human who is legitimately busy but he does seem wolfy to me
I'm just a legitimately busy person overall, lol

Quote:
Oh that's pretty clever. I didn't think of that.

I'm giving thin town leans to YMIA's two wolfreads, so that's not a great look for YMIA. Back I go!

YMIA
What were you trying to accomplish with this vote, immediately piggybacking Riot? Added pressure? Forcing a reaction?

??

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
Old 03-6-2014, 01:58 PM   #205
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Quote:
Yeah, sure, so remember his first game where I was going at him really hard? I was certain I was on the trail, but then I was so unsure of myself because of how he was reacting and responding. I was torn if it was a nervous wolf or a nervous human and I couldn't make up my mind.

I changed my opinion to not vote for him because of my confusion, but it came back to bite me in the butt because he was the master wolf.

Then there was that game where an alliance happened with Riot, I was the middle man of this alliance and thus I didn't know the alliance but I know that it existed. Riotpolice was acting pretty shady in that game and I wanted to get him hard because I definitely thought he was a wolf. I was then lied about Riot that he was green and was in the alliance and I was flipping my shit because I fully believed he was going to compromise the alliance if he was kept alive because of his really shady demeanor.

Upon my death when I faked seer due to alliance telling me to do that, I learned he was actually the seer himself.

So that's why I'm paranoid about him.
Since we're going the meta route:

You also gave Riot quite a bit of heat at the start of Christmas in the Clink. Riot was a VT in that game. So now we're up to three cases where Riot caused you some confusion. Riot was red, blue, and green in those games, respectively.

Are you voting Riot because you think he's a wolf? Are you voting Riot because he's a tough nut for you to crack and you're too lazy to think critically before killing him? Or are you maybe tunneling on the easiest target available the way you did with Xiz in your first wolf game? I think you should post more of your own thoughts and help me out here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo man im awesome View Post
What were you trying to accomplish with this vote, immediately piggybacking Riot? Added pressure? Forcing a reaction?

??
All of the above I guess, but more that I think you're the best lynch right now.
Old 03-6-2014, 02:08 PM   #206
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
Are you voting Riot because you think he's a wolf? Are you voting Riot because he's a tough nut for you to crack and you're too lazy to think critically before killing him? Or are you maybe tunneling on the easiest target available the way you did with Xiz in your first wolf game? I think you should post more of your own thoughts and help me out here.
Honestly, you hit that nail in the head pretty hard. I don't think that specific play style will help us at all and will only hinder us if he's still alive in the later phases. Like I seriously don't see any benefits whatsoever, do you for some reason?

I mean, I suppose the next thing to think is that he's some special role and this is why he's acting weird, but he did this in that clinic game as well that you just mentioned, so really I don't know how to judge him or where to put him.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 03-6-2014, 02:47 PM   #207
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

I believe I stated earlier that Riot Logic shouldn't be either mafia or town indicative. Like, he reminds me of Hank in an episode of KotH where he calls Bobby a "pile of mush" or something like that. You can keep trying to beat the pile, but nothing's going to happen; in a weird way, it has the upper hand.
That's why I don't think he's a good for today, I'm honestly hoping a cop checks him out or that a JK blocks him or something tonight, should either of those roles be in this game, so that we have something to go off of with him.

That being said, his votes thus far make me think he's human.
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 03-6-2014, 03:24 PM   #208
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Quote:
Honestly, you hit that nail in the head pretty hard. I don't think that specific play style will help us at all and will only hinder us if he's still alive in the later phases. Like I seriously don't see any benefits whatsoever, do you for some reason?
Don't care. I want to lynch wolves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
and players who post nonsense at the beginning of Day 0 often get lynched simply for lack of a better option. We all need to take into account the person who is actually playing and what their play style is. I have no problem with posting more but I am not going to pull interrogative questions out of my ass when I personally think it would be more beneficial to let the game play out with as little steering from me as possible.
Good point.

Let's see you back it up, though. Are you gonna post more? 48+ hours have elapsed; why haven't you placed a serious vote yet?
Old 03-6-2014, 03:37 PM   #209
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

So then you honestly don't think he's a wolf then, alright, fine. What do you think of thesunfan's thought about having whatever special roles are in this game do something with Riot?

Quote:
That's why I don't think he's a good for today, I'm honestly hoping a cop checks him out or that a JK blocks him or something tonight, should either of those roles be in this game, so that we have something to go off of with him.
Do you think this should happen or no?

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 03-6-2014, 03:38 PM   #210
cedolad
moonchild~

Send a message via Skype™ to cedolad

Official Vote Count
Players needed to lynch: 5
16hr 22min left in Day 0

dAnceguy117 - 1 - mellonxcollie - (L-4)
mellonxcollie - 1 - Vendetta21 - (L-4)
Riotpolice - 2 - YoshL, Charu - (L-3)
thesunfan - 2 - FoJaR, yo man im awesome - (L-3)
Vendetta21 - 1 - thesunfan - (L-4)
yo man im awesome - 2 - Riotpolice, dAnceguy117 - (L-3)

Players not voting: None
Old 03-6-2014, 03:40 PM   #211
cedolad
moonchild~

Send a message via Skype™ to cedolad

Just a clarification: I noticed in the vote count I've posted "Players need to lynch: 5", which might imply insta-or-nolynch:

This isn't the case!

The player with the most votes by the end of the day phase will be lynched.
Old 03-6-2014, 03:40 PM   #212
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Quote:
Do you think this should happen or no?
PRs don't take orders from the mob.
Old 03-6-2014, 03:42 PM   #213
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

I'm not asking for orders, I'm asking if you think that should happen.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 03-6-2014, 03:44 PM   #214
thesunfan
Role Tide

my intent was not to tell the PR's what to do.
I was just thinking wishfully out loud, which I guess isn't the best thing to do, sorry.

I thought if I voted for Kevin, he would be one from insta, and that's not the case so YMIA since he's my wolfiest read at the moment.

I also have a question for you; what do you think about the people voting for you, myself included, as well as the proceedings of Day One thus far, YMIA?
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Quote:
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 03-6-2014, 03:49 PM   #215
thesunfan
Role Tide

I'm also reconsidering Yosh. While he does tend to go after weaker players early on, the fact that he is still lingering on Riot is surprising to me. He seems super busy with rehersals+sickness (probably not a good combo, sorry dude), so I guess that might explain it, but its enough for me to discard my earlier human lean on him.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-6-2014, 03:49 PM   #216
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Quote:
I'm not asking for orders, I'm asking if you think that should happen.
Depends on the type of PR and the PR's reads.

Talking about this is a waste of time.
Old 03-6-2014, 04:14 PM   #217
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

So what's a waste of time? Asking you about what you think should happen or talking about the power roles?

Why are you suddenly sketchy with this? You were quick to answer prods and questions given to you before, but now with this, you're being really dodgy.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 03-6-2014, 04:16 PM   #218
thesunfan
Role Tide

Charu, let it go, you're being dumb lol.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-6-2014, 04:17 PM   #219
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
my intent was not to tell the PR's what to do.
I was just thinking wishfully out loud, which I guess isn't the best thing to do, sorry.

I thought if I voted for Kevin, he would be one from insta, and that's not the case so YMIA since he's my wolfiest read at the moment.

I also have a question for you; what do you think about the people voting for you, myself included, as well as the proceedings of Day One thus far, YMIA?
L-2, wonderful.

Also, I really fucking hate "How do you think/feel about xxx/yyy" questions. Just a personal pet peeve in that they sound really annoying and they're always awkward for me to answer regardless of my role.

On that note:

This Day 0/1 is like any other. Shit posting in the start, someone tries to start something, gets flak for it, game actually beings. Normally, I personally would vote/lynch for the least useful player Day 0/1 solely for the fact that there's little/nothing to realistically work with, and it's not nearly as impacting as it would be in late game. This game has a much smaller player count, however, so I don't suggest doing that this game. Every lynch counts this game I'd say.

Reading through dAnceguy's recent posts, he's being a bit more aggressive/assertive than usual (Hello meta.). I don't remember him having a VT game of him player legit aggressively/assertively this early in the game. Honestly, he's looking like a normal-playing V right now. That said, he's a (As I believe mellon said) question mark for me right now. No leans in either direction, since he's said some things I can get behind/understand as well.

I've already said what I thought about Riot and You, Sunfan. Riot's played more or less retarded so far. Riot's got a very very slight wolf lean (note my mentioning of 149-151 to keep in our heads, with more I'm sure he'll do at this rate). I think you were intentionally playing stupid with your question earlier as a tactic (one of which I've used previously.). It's a small detail, but we're working with nothing here on Day 0/1.

I'm still as confident in my vote on you as I can be for a Day 0/1 lynch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
Old 03-6-2014, 04:18 PM   #220
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Sketchy is (maybe) your perception. Talking about power roles and power role usage is a waste of time. I dunno about asking me what I think should happen because I don't really get what angle you're working.

I'm not being dodgy. I answered you directly. It depends.
Closed Thread