Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2009, 10:58 AM   #1
StepmaniaGod6969
3 Fingers
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to StepmaniaGod6969
Angry This is absolutely ridiculous...

Ok, this is really ridiculous. I don't know who would make a video like this but this is the city I live in. All I have to say is **** you canada!! I mean jesus dude do you damn canadiens really gotta make yourselves feel better by ripping on U.S. cities?? I'm not sayin all Canadiens are bad but come on i'm sure if someone made this video about your city you would be upset to. Just watch.

http://www.thisaintflint.ca/

Tell me how you would feel if they(Canadiens) made this about your city. I mean yes this is how it is in Flint, but I don't know why anyone would make fun of us like this it's bad enough that my city sucks but we are trying to make it better.

Last edited by StepmaniaGod6969; 04-12-2009 at 11:02 AM..
StepmaniaGod6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:15 AM   #2
ZC_Wolfy
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ZC_Wolfy
Default Re: This is absolutely ridiculous...

was you offended
was you make feel bad

but srsly why overreact over one satirical site, there's no reason to get offended over it

EDIT: Ok so they try to make canada look better than the US, but still, there's no reason to overreact/be offended

"BURN IN HELL, MOTHER ****ER!!! I am not retarded, okay. Oh, and one more thing. Even if we do plant twice as many trees as we cut down, which we don't, let me remind you, that TREES TAKE YEARS TO GROW, NOT DAY
S!!!" -
SaguchiTheCat

"*Twinklesky* makes me want to skip through a forest while playing a pan flute. And then all the little forest creatures will start dancing behind me." - Quigly

"I would link you to these great video demonstrations of good vibrating but I think I would get banned for it. D=" - Quigly

ZC's Birthday tournament - Signups are open and donations are greatly needed D:

Last edited by ZC_Wolfy; 04-12-2009 at 11:20 AM..
ZC_Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:16 AM   #3
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22

wow thats really f****d up man ... i just watched that ... im sorry but canada needs to be a little more ... non dramatic? they brought footage of 1989 compared to 2009 wth is that? they really are stupid sometimes, and no offense to canadiens, but if you wanted to compare ottawa to a town, compare it to morris or somerset county in new jersey, or even loudoun or fairfax county in virginia, both with almost over 100,000 dollar income by families ... town wise? come on thats ridiculous. that **** pisses me off

edit: yeah it would piss me off too, thats unethical and not fair to the us for canadas misbehavior on there stupidity issue. again not all of canada but on those that made that site.
krunkykai22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:21 AM   #4
Quigly
nah
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krunkykai22 View Post
but if you wanted to compare ottawa to a town, compare it to morris or somerset county in new jersey,with almost over 100,000 dollar income by families ... town wise? come on thats ridiculous. that **** pisses me off
Hehe that's where I live. :>
Old 04-12-2009, 11:22 AM   #5
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

Your ****ty ass grammar shames the rest of us Americans. Plus, you don't know how to spell Canadians. Piss off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:25 AM   #6
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22

for one there damn words man, get over yourself, shames us americans? dude there are ppl that talk even worse than i do, im not professional, and i dont need to be outside of my business or my college, who the hell are you to contradict me on how i speak dick! get over yourself and seriously get a life
Old 04-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #7
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

They are comparing the quite real devastation of Flint, Michigan in the 1980s to the supposed devastation of Ottawa in 2009. The purpose of this short film was to show Ottawa's citizens that although the media is playing the recession out to be a huge deal, they are living in quite better conditions than were citizens in Flint during a different recession.

I'm not sure why you would get offended over something like that. They were stating facts. Those things really happened in Flint in 1989. So why is that offensive? It is a part of the town's history. Not even touching on the fact that they "borrowed" those facts almost exclusively from a Michael Moore film. But it's the Canadians right BURN THEM TO THE GROUND.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:30 AM   #8
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3

I agree. However, why would you want to compare something in 2009, to something that happened back in 1989? It does not even compare to a suitable comparison. In the late 80s early 90s, the economy was much different than it is today. For one, the value of the US dollar was different. Household buildings, businesses, living conditions were all different. How could you even remotely compare 2009 Ottawa to 1989 Flint?
Old 04-12-2009, 11:33 AM   #9
richyrich55
Wait... what?
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to richyrich55

Firstly, wow.

Secondly, you f**kers want to know what's really ****ed up? You think all of Canada is ****ed up just because one f**king person made a video about some **** hole city. How would you feel if someone said, "F**k America! Everyone in America is a f**king douche!"? You would feel almost exactly like I feel right now. Maybe a little less. I'M SICK AND TIRED OF SEEING PEOPLE SAYING ALL OF CANADA IS STUPID. CANADA IS NOT YOUR LATRINE TO PISS IN! WE ARE PEOPLE JUST LIKE YOU! GET USED TO IT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix
I may be an ass, but I'm usually a very correct ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz
I'm like, totally in love with like, Justin like Bieber. I like don't just like, like him.. I like, like like him. Like totally.
R.I.P. Jellygod
richyrich55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:35 AM   #10
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3

First of all, I clearly stated that all of Canada is to not blame for that ****ed up video. Secondly reread what we all wrote . Before making falsifying accusations, read the entire thread first. Thank you.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:37 AM   #11
ZC_Wolfy
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ZC_Wolfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepmaniaGod6969 View Post
I'm not sayin all Canadiens are bad but come on i'm sure if someone made this video about your city you would be upset to. Just watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by richyrich55 View Post
Secondly, you f**kers want to know what's really ****ed up? You think all of Canada is ****ed up just because one f**king person made a video about some **** hole city
ya

**** ninja'd

"BURN IN HELL, MOTHER ****ER!!! I am not retarded, okay. Oh, and one more thing. Even if we do plant twice as many trees as we cut down, which we don't, let me remind you, that TREES TAKE YEARS TO GROW, NOT DAY
S!!!" -
SaguchiTheCat

"*Twinklesky* makes me want to skip through a forest while playing a pan flute. And then all the little forest creatures will start dancing behind me." - Quigly

"I would link you to these great video demonstrations of good vibrating but I think I would get banned for it. D=" - Quigly

ZC's Birthday tournament - Signups are open and donations are greatly needed D:
ZC_Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:46 AM   #12
richyrich55
Wait... what?
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to richyrich55

Quote:
Originally Posted by krunkykai22 View Post
First of all, I clearly stated that all of Canada is to not blame for that ****ed up video. Secondly reread what we all wrote . Before making falsifying accusations, read the entire thread first. Thank you.

I was saying that to all of America. Not just you and everyone else in the thread. American's seem to have the general consensus that Canadians are stupid, we live in igloo's, and we talk funny. WE DON'T! All I want is for you American's to know that Canadians are not stupid. We don't live in igloo's. And we don't all talk with an accent.

Example: The ISS would be f**ked if it wasn't for the CANADArm's 1 & 2.

Example: We live in fine dwellings in good cities.

Example: Most of Canada does not have an accent. That's the frenchy's in Quebec.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix
I may be an ass, but I'm usually a very correct ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz
I'm like, totally in love with like, Justin like Bieber. I like don't just like, like him.. I like, like like him. Like totally.
R.I.P. Jellygod

Last edited by richyrich55; 04-12-2009 at 11:49 AM..
richyrich55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:50 AM   #13
Oni-Paranoia
No fucks
FFR Veteran

hey americans, lets get mad and stereotype canadians..

o wait, im Puerto Rican nor do i giv a sh!t.. America is the world leader regardless of what any vid says LOLOL

Pay attention in history class kitties
Oni-Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:50 AM   #14
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3

Dude. I know for a fact that Canadians are not stupid. I have a lot of friends who are part Canadian. I agree with you on that. However, blowing up about that in this thread about the video that either ONE person or Group of people posted isn't right. We don't have a problem with Canadians. Clearly put.

Edit: Oni, thank you for teaching us something we already knew.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:54 AM   #15
Nyokou
( ̄ー ̄)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Nyokou

Somewhat relevant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyGiHE0yU4o
Old 04-12-2009, 11:59 AM   #16
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni-Paranoia View Post
hey americans, lets get mad and stereotype canadians..

o wait, im Puerto Rican nor do i giv a sh!t.. America is the world leader regardless of what any vid says LOLOL

Pay attention in history class kitties
Are all Puerto Ricans dumb as ****? Yeah you're the military super power, I'll just enjoy my free health care and better living conditions.

The video was satirical and was to prove a point. If you're offended you're dumb. How about all those times Fox News in a non-satirical manner, out of ignorance insults Canada saying such things as "HOW DARE WE LET THEM ON THE SAME CONTINENT AS US".

EDIT: Thank you Nyoku

Last edited by fido123; 04-12-2009 at 12:01 PM..
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:00 PM   #17
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3

Ok see, Tom Green is just pissed off all the time

But still canada is not a stupid country for real, ive been there, and i like it
Old 04-12-2009, 12:04 PM   #18
StepmaniaGod6969
3 Fingers
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to StepmaniaGod6969

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
They are comparing the quite real devastation of Flint, Michigan in the 1980s to the supposed devastation of Ottawa in 2009. The purpose of this short film was to show Ottawa's citizens that although the media is playing the recession out to be a huge deal, they are living in quite better conditions than were citizens in Flint during a different recession.

I'm not sure why you would get offended over something like that. They were stating facts. Those things really happened in Flint in 1989. So why is that offensive? It is a part of the town's history. Not even touching on the fact that they "borrowed" those facts almost exclusively from a Michael Moore film. But it's the Canadians right BURN THEM TO THE GROUND.
Because the same **** is still happening not much has changed here. I'm just pissed that someone would make a vid like that makin fun of my city.

StepmaniaGod6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:07 PM   #19
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepmaniaGod6969 View Post
Because the same **** is still happening not much has changed here. I'm just pissed that someone would make a vid like that makin fun of my city.
Cry me a river. If you live in a ****ty place expect people to call it ****ty. If you need to compare something to something ****ty, might as well compare it to a ****ty place.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:09 PM   #20
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3

notice that most of the people posting in here are Canadian. seriously guys, no offense to canada but stop. stepmaniagod had a right to be offended. end of story