Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 09:02 AM   #201
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction
Default Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

tupac
Old 10-19-2009, 09:02 AM   #202
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

manti
Old 10-19-2009, 09:08 AM   #203
sc979
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to sc979

I think the vote count is

manti (2) - afro, fic
tupa (2) - a2p, ruritsu
panda (2) - sc, tupa
ruritsu - u84
emerald - clarinet
fic - panda

In that chat, I was the first to say that I had felt both afro and manti were human, but I'm leaning towards manti/tupa right now.

tupa ended up putting a safety on the same person I did, so I'll switch my safety to clarinet for now.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:10 AM   #204
sc979
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to sc979

ehh, tupac
Old 10-19-2009, 09:21 AM   #205
Viccica
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Viccica Send a message via MSN to Viccica

Safety on a2p.

I think tupac is the more likely suspect for the reasons Ruritsu stated... He doesn't seem to be contributing, just kind of smiling and nodding when it seems like the right thing to do. But since I have nothing really to go off personally, not having talked to him yet so far, I'd rather not vote on him.

No clue what panda did to get 2 votes on him, though. Wha?

Afro and fic predictably have voted for manti.. =p

In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 10-19-2009, 09:50 AM   #206
FictionJunction
FFR Player

well, tupac voted second.

uh oh
Old 10-19-2009, 10:06 AM   #207
Viccica
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Viccica Send a message via MSN to Viccica

Maybe him trying to save himself from being thrown under...? I don't know the order the votes were placed, but if he did it after there were two votes on him that'd be super suspicious.

In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 10-19-2009, 10:28 AM   #208
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to Makilaz Send a message via AIM to Makilaz Send a message via MSN to Makilaz Send a message via Yahoo to Makilaz Send a message via Skype™ to Makilaz

Manti - 2 - Arfo, FictionJunction

PandaExpress - 1 - tupac

tupac - 3 - A2P, Ruritsu, sc979

Ruritsu - 1 - u84

emerald - 1 - clarinet89

FictionJunction - 1 - PandaExpress

A2P - 1 - Viccica

Left to vote: Gun, Manti, emerald

Day ends in an hour and a half. I'll sub out Gun once I find out if my last sub is still interested in playing.

Last edited by Makilaz; 10-19-2009 at 10:30 AM..
Old 10-19-2009, 10:37 AM   #209
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

I'm going to vote Afro probably not a surprise because I think I've talked to everyone about it except fic.

I don't like how he think seered greens are useless, Yes there's a MW, but theres only one. hes not going to pop up everywhere.
I think It's weird afro is for the seer and the psychic to do nothing. Their information is useful and needs to be disseminated somehow so we get that info eventually.
The fact that he said Night one that he'd leave the vets alive, and look, here we all are.

I personally don't think Tupac's a wolf. The fact that he's agreeing with my seering strategy doesn't make him a wolf. It just means he agrees with the strategy. I wouldn't mind seeing a couple more reasons on him outside of the "seer strategy" we've been stuck on for days. Kinda like what Ruritsu posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:42 AM   #210
FictionJunction
FFR Player

yeah, if I had to pick a wolf it'd be you manti.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:44 AM   #211
FictionJunction
FFR Player

I don't really think tupac would hide between the lines of your so-called strategy. It's not like everyone's opinions on the matter make a difference.

but yeah, he may as well be doing it. but you're still a better candidate.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:45 AM   #212
FictionJunction
FFR Player

if you're not it then arfo will be hearing from me
Old 10-19-2009, 10:53 AM   #213
FictionJunction
FFR Player

god, re-reading this entire thread makes me nauseous.
manti, arfo understands that the information is useful. He understands that the seer should do something if he's able to.

We're saying it's difficult and don't want you to influence the seer. I don't want to influence the seer and Arfo doesn't want to influence the seer, either.

It's not about doing it or not doing it, giving the seer permission to do it or posing as a trustworthy green to be the one the seer comes out to (this is a big no-no, manti!). It's about letting him be. Let him be!

if votes based on these arguments continue we'll become a ticking time bomb. I'd rather have you and arfo lynched than keep watching this happen. It'd give me peace of mind.

tl;dr
stop talking
Old 10-19-2009, 10:56 AM   #214
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
The fact that he said Night one that he'd leave the vets alive, and look, here we all are.
Would you rather be dead?

I thought you of all people would be grateful for me expressly stating that concept so the wolves would be less likely to dive immediately for the best regarded of us. I know I'm glad to not be dead yet.

But then again, it's not like you'd wolf yourself without good reason either. I think you should be thanking me for giving you a good justification to explain why you haven't been wolfed. If not for that explanation, it probably'd be a lot easier to get people on board with getting you lynched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
yeah, if I had to pick a wolf it'd be you manti.
I'm probably more confident about tupac myself, I just don't want manti to slip by until the endgame when the leftover players would have no confidence to do it.

Quote:
Arfo doesn't want to influence the seer, either.
Actually, I do. I want to encourage him to not do something stupid by risking himself needlessly. His function is catching reds, he doesn't need to risk himself if he hasn't even done that.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:09 AM   #215
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

DarkManticoreX2 (2:21:30 AM): greens benifit from it slightly
DarkManticoreX2 (2:21:42 AM): the seer gains people he can listen to
afrobean16 (2:21:48 AM): not really, because ideally the seer would never tell them they've been seer'd
afrobean16 (2:22:05 AM): but greens cannot be trusted just because they come back green

In essence, i think either Afro and I see how to use greens differently, Or he's a wolf and is trying to stagnate the human resources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrobean
Would you rather be dead?

I thought you of all people would be grateful for me expressly stating that concept so the wolves would be less likely to dive immediately for the best regarded of us. I know I'm glad to not be dead yet.
Yeah thanks for that. It's still damn weird we're all alive through and I'm betting there's a reason outside of "They're going to lynch each other"

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrobean
But then again, it's not like you'd wolf yourself without good reason either. I think you should be thanking me for giving you a good justification to explain why you haven't been wolfed. If not for that explanation, it probably'd be a lot easier to get people on board with getting you lynched.
"I tried to get you lynched and only fiction agreed with me"

LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:12 AM   #216
FictionJunction
FFR Player

it's not as much as I agreed with arfo but that I told you I was going to vote for you or tupac before arfo and I even spoke.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:24 AM   #217
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
Yeah thanks for that. It's still damn weird we're all alive through and I'm betting there's a reason outside of "They're going to lynch each other"
If what you're implying is "there is at least one wolf among the vets", then I'd say I'm inclined to agree. However, I know my own role, and while I was previously kind of suspicious of fiction, he dropped down on my list notably, as far down on my list as he can be without being plunked off into the pool of people I consider definitely green.

So that just leaves you, bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manti talking jive on me
"I tried to get you lynched and only fiction agreed with me"
The two votes on you, manti, are more than the one vote on me 8)
Old 10-19-2009, 11:32 AM   #218
tupacodaman
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to tupacodaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Anything can be faked.

And actually, bro, pidgin does all my logging automatically in the client with no formatting. Plain text. Doesn't even give me a .html option to save from my logs, so if I wanted that, I'd need to save it while the window is still open. But even then, I have it set to ignore all formatting on incoming messages. You gonna decide all of my logs are fake because they're all plain text?

And seriously folks, like I said, I'm actually in favor of lynching tupac, I just want to be sure that if manti is going to be lynched, it is done early while it still can happen. If you guys don't want to do it, then it's on you, so hopefully I'm wrong in that case. I'd much rather be wrong about manti if not many agree that lynching manti is a good idea.

Incidentally, when does day end? And can we get a vote report? If it comes down to it, I'm not above throwing a vote to tupac if it could move us to a insta and avoid phantoms.

ps I still haven't gotten around to reading that chat log. How worthy of my time is it really?
hard to fake html logs... it's a file that has every part of the conversation you've ever had with the person... again, use common sense/logic to see if something seems fishy...

and yea I've used Pidgin, so the html logs don't apply to you, and the fact you only have txt logs doesn't have an effect on your suspiciousness

also, I think it's funny you keep talking about "social engineering" but won't even look at the AIM chat...

again I say: just because me and manti each think a strategy is good doesn't necessarily make either of us wolves... as seen below, I came up with this same idea before ever talking to manti:

Ruritsu (4:34:45 PM): Afro is overly chaotic, manti wants to play it risky, Fic is PO'd (For whatever reason), and everyone else is following like sheep >_>
tupacodaman (4:36:30 PM): haha yea
tupacodaman (4:36:33 PM): this is a lame game tbh
tupacodaman (4:36:34 PM): haha
tupacodaman (4:36:44 PM): no guard really sucks
tupacodaman (4:36:45 PM): haha
tupacodaman (4:36:53 PM): the only thing I can think of is
tupacodaman (4:36:59 PM): having the seer seer two people in a row
Ruritsu (4:36:59 PM): I don't know, I kinda like it >.>
tupacodaman (4:37:02 PM): sorry
Ruritsu (4:37:08 PM): But it is dull.
tupacodaman (4:37:09 PM): seering until he gets two people who are green*
tupacodaman (4:37:17 PM): make an alliance with them
tupacodaman (4:37:23 PM): let them know who the other is
tupacodaman (4:37:30 PM): little chance of either of them being the master wolf
tupacodaman (4:37:47 PM): then, if someone is seered red, one of the greens can fake seer and tell the thread that he seered a wolf
tupacodaman (4:37:55 PM): and continue...
tupacodaman (4:37:55 PM): lol
tupacodaman (4:38:15 PM): that make sense?
tupacodaman (4:38:19 PM): it's such a lame plan tho
Ruritsu (4:39:06 PM): Thats damn near as risky as Manti's plan though >>
Ruritsu (4:40:15 PM): On the off chance that the seer hits the MW there could be large problems.
tupacodaman (4:40:30 PM): that's why he waits til he seers two humans
Ruritsu (4:40:31 PM): I'm falling to siding with Afro on this one.
tupacodaman (4:40:49 PM): so if the seer dies, the other human can say that the other is MW
tupacodaman (4:40:52 PM): but yea
Ruritsu (4:40:55 PM): Seering two doesn't solve the problem though.
tupacodaman (4:40:56 PM): super risky
tupacodaman (4:40:56 PM): haha
Ruritsu (4:41:34 PM): Thats just a trade, not only that, that logic is simple to follow, and thus the MW could opt not to wolf the seer just to clear his hide.
tupacodaman (4:42:51 PM): yea exactly
tupacodaman (4:42:55 PM): lol
tupacodaman (4:43:01 PM): not the best of plans... but all I can think of atm
Ruritsu (4:45:25 PM): Well, if they remain seperate, and this is all I've got either, the seer could try to influence the game from the background, and the Psychic could wait a few lynches. If like 2 - 3 lynches go down and we still haven't hit wolves, he should then come out informing us of our screw ups. This would cow our terrible playing, and we could look into people who advocated the humans lynchings. While that happens, the seer's pool of targets will shrink, giving him time to potentially hit reds.
Ruritsu (4:45:40 PM): Not the best plan either, but I think its more conservative.

again, I acknowledge the fact that it's risky... but it's better than being sitting around using our "social engineering" skills... especially when the two people advocating for using these "skills" are rarely on AIM....

afro for being a pompous ass... if I do end up getting lynched, seer should seer fic, sc, panda... and the psychic will clear my name if he ever gets in touch with the seer/humans..
Old 10-19-2009, 11:35 AM   #219
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

tupac for being a person who wants to vote for me...

If anyone else feels bold enough to vote for manti, I'll move my vote back.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:42 AM   #220
FictionJunction
FFR Player

except the psychic won't clear your name and you know it.
Closed Thread