Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 11:41 PM   #841
LightManticorex2
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXXII - TWGood End!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
to put it another way, it's as if roundbox said "sorry i wasn't live in the thread to weigh in on the alien claiming" and you said it back to him as "i thought you hadn't read the game"
Okay I can see this thought process I guess.

I still have problems with the fluffiness of some of the other items you responded to, but they're less serious accusations.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:45 PM   #842
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

this went on a little longer than i was expecting and i need to be awake in like...6 hours

i might just try to collect thoughts from memory as last thing i do tonight
Old 09-21-2017, 11:52 PM   #843
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Nice bro, stick it to 'em!
Totally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragakiAyase View Post
what a way to make yourself unaccountable and ignore everything that has happened up to this point
There's literally about maybe ten posts in those forty pages I'd say hold any value. Ignoring it doesn't take away my accountability to anything. I'm just saying when I do reads, I will thoroughly ignore those pages.

They have almost zero value to the game as a whole. Haku, sunfan, and you are the only people who profit from those forty pages in terms of reads for me anyways.

Charu get's dumped on for being more white noise than white noise is when listening to white noise perform in concert the master piece that is: white noise.

Your entrance sucked, but is easily redeemed later by a return to normal AA posting in my opinion, albeit as you said in pregame, a bit more tame.

People are reading into anger from me when they clearly forgot what angry me sounds like. DBP in my opinion, has something wrong in the notion I fake anger being a tell. I get really fucking quiet, because I am too terrified to make a post that condemns me, so if anything if everything I say sounds super safe: hello wolf Xel. You got me.

I didn't really get any bad vibes from Sunfan in those pages, but that post about Pete forgetting his shirt is solid 10 / 10 gold.

I miss anything of actual value?

Roundbox?

MEH.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:53 PM   #844
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Oh I forgot Haku.

Sounds about right.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:54 PM   #845
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

K here. Sorry that took so long. Can't talk about ongoing games, so I'll just say my attention got pulled away for longer than I thought it would.

Running on two hours sleep from last night, but I'ma try to catch up tonight and figure out what's going on before crashing

Reading up, but who's all here atm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 09-21-2017, 11:55 PM   #846
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
K here. Sorry that took so long. Can't talk about ongoing games, so I'll just say my attention got pulled away for longer than I thought it would.

Running on two hours sleep from last night, but I'ma try to catch up tonight and figure out what's going on before crashing

Reading up, but who's all here atm?
Do yourself a favor: don't.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:56 PM   #847
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Even I made a bunch of trash-tier shit posts.

Let's get that out of the way now so I can't be held accountable for it later.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:00 AM   #848
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Haku, sunfan, and you are the only people who profit from those forty pages in terms of reads for me anyways.
Quote:
Oh I forgot Haku.

Sounds about right.
Welp.

Game would get a lot easier if you developed on these thoughts because setting up priorities properly is important and if you think you have a sense of what's truly important to the point that you're discarding 40 pages well, it's probably worth talking about.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:02 AM   #849
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Do yourself a favor: don't.
As much as I wish it worked that way, I think I'm a little too addicted to this game to just go to sleep and ignore game for two nights in a row.

Mind recapping some of the shit that makes you say this, though?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 09-22-2017, 12:05 AM   #850
LightManticorex2
FFR Player

In thread p2p interactions are generally more valuable early game. Reading things from a historical perspective doesn't really benefit anyone on D0

Use this time to get a feel on mindsets and who you think you can trust, and come back to this time at a later dayphase when you can use the past as prologue for evidence.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:10 AM   #851
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
As much as I wish it worked that way, I think I'm a little too addicted to this game to just go to sleep and ignore game for two nights in a row.

Mind recapping some of the shit that makes you say this, though?
Post 843 sums it up pretty nicely I think.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:12 AM   #852
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Welp.

Game would get a lot easier if you developed on these thoughts because setting up priorities properly is important and if you think you have a sense of what's truly important to the point that you're discarding 40 pages well, it's probably worth talking about.
When I say I forgot about you, I meant in elaborating why you'd profit, because I touched albeit lightly everyone else.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:12 AM   #853
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase

Quote:
Totally.

There's literally about maybe ten posts in those forty pages I'd say hold any value. Ignoring it doesn't take away my accountability to anything. I'm just saying when I do reads, I will thoroughly ignore those pages.

They have almost zero value to the game as a whole. Haku, sunfan, and you are the only people who profit from those forty pages in terms of reads for me anyways.

Charu get's dumped on for being more white noise than white noise is when listening to white noise perform in concert the master piece that is: white noise.

Your entrance sucked, but is easily redeemed later by a return to normal AA posting in my opinion, albeit as you said in pregame, a bit more tame.

People are reading into anger from me when they clearly forgot what angry me sounds like. DBP in my opinion, has something wrong in the notion I fake anger being a tell. I get really fucking quiet, because I am too terrified to make a post that condemns me, so if anything if everything I say sounds super safe: hello wolf Xel. You got me.

I didn't really get any bad vibes from Sunfan in those pages, but that post about Pete forgetting his shirt is solid 10 / 10 gold.

I miss anything of actual value?

Roundbox?

MEH.
my entrance sucked? in what way?

pikakirby123 reincarnated

Old 09-22-2017, 12:18 AM   #854
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightManticorex2 View Post
In thread p2p interactions are generally more valuable early game. Reading things from a historical perspective doesn't really benefit anyone on D0

Use this time to get a feel on mindsets and who you think you can trust, and come back to this time at a later dayphase when you can use the past as prologue for evidence.
uhh, no.
While I somewhat agree with your first sentence, I wholly disagree with your second. I probably won't come back to D0 except in ISOing people later on, and that would make me miss out on reading the context.

Also, mindsets are always relevant, and you can read into them as much from "historical" posts as you can from current ones. Plus, given that only XelNya and yourself have responded to me so far, I think I can manage a combination of both.

Like, why are you LightManticore? What happened to DarkManticore?
And do you seriously think that discarding everything that's happened so far will help me come EoD?
I'd rather read back and see what people have posted and figure it out from there.

also interesting that 2/2 people so far have suggested I NOT read thread. like, wtf happened?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-22-2017, 12:21 AM   #855
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Xel, what kind of dumpster

This is important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:25 AM   #856
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Like, why are you LightManticore? What happened to DarkManticore?
Long story short, he's got mod status which means he can see invisible players (and we all forgot he was using Dark until blind mentioned it)

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:27 AM   #857
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Long story short, he's got mod status which means he can see invisible players (and we all forgot he was using Dark until blind mentioned it)
Oh, makes sense.
Are you also going to tell me that the last 840 posts are useless and that I shouldn't read them?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-22-2017, 12:31 AM   #858
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Oh, makes sense.
Are you also going to tell me that the last 840 posts are useless and that I shouldn't read them?
There's some gems in there.

You got inD vs thesunfan in there

Manti vs mellon

inD vs Manti (Which is current atm, lmao)

AA vs thesunfan

Charu vs thesunfan

Charu vs Manti

TWG Ike vs thesunfan and or AA (I don't know if serious still though)

roundbox vs Manti (I think?)

Pretty much, I'm sure there's others.

BUT

There's some interactions that will help probably. And when I say "vs" I don't mean like full on arguments. I mean like someone prodding someone else and the likes.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 09-22-2017, 12:32 AM   #859
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

What else... oh, you got Xel going "I hate everyone" as per usual, but you can see that currently.

Earlier he was kind of random, but that was still when everyone was letting loose of their shit posts.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 09-22-2017, 12:33 AM   #860
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

VV
Charu seriously the snarkiest i've ever seen him even if we differ on definitions of snark, content : post ratio is perhaps lower than usual but what's there feels good
DaBackpack ez read detective backpack is in the house and is bringing in relevant evidence that's hot and topical on his reread

V
AragakiAyase poking in directions is good, so far has known when a line of questioning is no longer going to bear fruit instead of tunneling, using his vote, wants villagers to be villagery
DarkManticoreX2 i like what he notices well enough, for me he typically posts in a way that says "look at me guys i logic'd good" and that's what's on display here, just don't think you can 1:1 translate the types of findings he makes to reads but it's an approach
XelNya me townreading his picking at the "last game" thing might be wrong but he goes here for now, other posts supremely not alignment indicative
roundbox he iso'd charu for some reason and i think he's doing that to be hip rather than harsh unless he's super afraid of making confident cases as a wolf or something

N
mellonxcollie dunno yet, remember thinking she can play more leveled than haku wants to give her credit for unless some remarkable antitown win streak means nothing, maybe there's something worth looking at there
the sun fan has actually been hard to place up to now because in some respects he's spinning his wheels. i can tell he's reading the game but when he posts thoughts they read more like things to watch
ShadoWolfe where u at pal i miss u
Hakulyte don't know if i can tell yet, i got this idea he was talking around his scumreads rather than trying to engage but i'd have to relook at that
blindreper1179 i think my early read on him is bad and i feel bad. i keep not reading him like i would any other player because he tends to say things that don't make sense to me like how he "caught" MML on "terminology" without ever explaining in the game what the differences were when asked, which when he restates it here makes me think he's actually proud of it and that would seem towny, except that also feels backward
kirkfan2255 lurkfan2255 (actually it's because i didn't read your posts all that well i'll fix this later)

W
Yeti the spice is really a stretch for me, your strongest associative is one i would agree with if it hit before AA/sunfan's interaction but not after and seems like just a hero lynch attempt on AA after all that

WW
nobody really
Closed Thread