Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-9-2012, 10:36 PM   #1
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Wii-U specs?

This video seems to provide some insight about the possible hardware specs of the Wii-U. Anyone else have anything different in mind? Planning on getting a Wii-U? Excited at all for it? It's planned to be released this year, possibly around November or December.
~kitty~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:03 AM   #2
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

Default Re: Wii-U specs?

I really couldn't care, just as long as third party developers don't treat the Wii U as they did the Wii and the next generation of consoles don't roll out tablet-esque controllers half way through their tenure. And a larger focus on video games, rather than multimedia. And for developers not to get in over their heads over the tablet controller like it's the new motion sensor controller.

tl;dr version: no repeat bullsh*t from current generation consoles durning the next generation.

EDIT: noticed that the swearword I used isn't filtered. Sorry.
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #3
Herogashix
Descension from Heaven
FFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

So the Wii-U is just... not worth it.

I think we have our winner of least intelligent invention of the year.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #4
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Dear lord am I still gonna wait before buying this. What happened to you, Ninty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #5
xferrarix
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to xferrarix

My theory on Nintendo is that in the course of a few years their focus is going to dramatically change from home consoles to portable due to bad sales on home consoles

Wii-U is some proof of that. I mean the console could do fine with the right library of games, but I don't think the sales on it are going to be able to compete with Wii's
xferrarix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #6
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xferrarix View Post
My theory on Nintendo is that in the course of a few years their focus is going to dramatically change from home consoles to portable due to bad sales on home consoles

Wii-U is some proof of that. I mean the console could do fine with the right library of games, but I don't think the sales on it are going to be able to compete with Wii's
I do not even understand what you mean, considering the Wii-U isn't even out yet. Nintendo has never placed worse than second on any of its consoles in terms of sales. What exactly are you basing your prediction off of?

EDIT: For the exception of the gamecube where it got beat by the x-box and placed in a relatively close 3rd.

Last edited by ~kitty~; 04-10-2012 at 01:26 PM..
Old 04-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #7
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

leaked Rayman Legends trailer for the Wii-U.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #8
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

Quote:
But didn't the Wii sell the most out of the current generation consoles (aside from the DS)?
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #9
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Bumping this thread to say that some of the Wii-U's specs have been released. A price and release date has also been released. I'm not sure how many people already know, but I'm pretty sure most people found out by now.

Currently, the standard edition that includes everything you would need is $299.99 (U.S. price) and the Deluxe edition which is black rather than the white color the standard one is, and comes with more storage space (8 GB for standard, 32 GB for deluxe).

The Wii U also will have 2GB of RAM, 1GB for the OS, and 1GB for games. The disk capacity for games will be 25 GB and the disks will be read at 22.5MB/s. The power-supply for the Wii-U will be 75-Watt, I think. As for the rest of the specs, I either can't find them or they weren't released with specific details yet.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #10
xferrarix
FFR Player

i have the same theory as i posted earlier this year. this is all offtopic so lol

i was typing and i accidentally closed this window lol it was long so i'll keep it short

wii was successful due to how innovative it was compared to the other consoles out or close to release at the time in '06. DS is successful because it has some of the best companies supporting it. wii fell out later because 360/Ps3 blew it out with the multiplayer-heavy online/offline game they provide along with the "friend's list" system. If Wii U doesn't have anything similar to it its going to fall out hard. I know about that whole "connect" thing where you can talk to other users via the posts and anyone can answer your questions about a particular game. But lets face it, gaming isn't like that anymore where we're trying to beat a one-player game for hours over playing against other people

lets remember that Wii did have online play. to make it short it was generally AWFUL. Microsoft p much controls the online market/multiplayer zone so nintendo is really going to have to improve in that area or their sales for the coming Wii U are going to be as poor as the 3DS during its first few weeks/months of release

/offtopic
Old 09-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #11
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

As incoherent as I may sound, I just might buy a Wii U. I still need some convincing, but those infos they revealed made me happy. I like how they tried to make Black Ops 2 as tight as they could to appeal the hardcore gamer; even though I hate cod, I think that's a smart move. All they need is robust online, and there ya go. They got the ips, they can deliver what the people want, they just have to finally reveal their goddamned plans for once.

edit: relevant video:

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Last edited by MarioNintendo; 09-17-2012 at 07:16 PM..
MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #12
Tyson ultima
Autismspeaks.gov
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tyson ultima Send a message via Yahoo to Tyson ultima Send a message via Skype™ to Tyson ultima

I almost felt that none of you saw the video. It explains why the claims that the GPU in the Wii U isn't better than the xbox 360 and PS3 is bs

Last edited by Tyson ultima; 09-17-2012 at 07:23 PM..
Tyson ultima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:59 PM   #13
alloyus
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
FFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Ferrari: the Internet on the Wii is NOT inferior to Xbox. I have both so I can say that for the Wii it really depends on the game and its servers. For example, Brawl is pretty shit for most matches but a game like Monster Hunter Tri runs just as well as CoD runs on Xbox. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against you, I don't really know you, it's just that one of the biggest things that gets to me is people talking shit all the time about Wii for reasons like that. Xbox is so over-rated to me and I think it's dumb that you have to pay to use online for it (yes I still have one, even more of a reason for me to have a valid opinion. And of course if I have extra money from my job I'll still buy gold considering it's something I can do with my friends).

More on topic: probably will wait awhile to get Wii U to see what kind of feedback it gets, not particularly excited for it just because I've been playing console games less in recent years than I did the years before that, but if it turns out to be pretty cool I'll probably get it anyway and just play casually like I do now

^FFP_D0pey btw
alloyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:15 AM   #14
DragonIIDX
Not dragon, but dinosaur
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DragonIIDX

I love Nintendo but so far it looks like party games so for now I'm not really interested in buying one just yet. Hopefully they won't keep making party games for it like it was with the Wii, we need games for the hardcore gamers too! If I see a new Metroid game I would definitely get one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clasko1000 View Post
banned for having an affair with peach
Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
d-guy and d-guy skype pals 10/15/13
Simfiles Updated 11/30/13
DragonIIDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:09 AM   #15
Evnoir
_(:3」∠)_
FFR Veteran

But there's Bayonetta 2... Is that not hardcore enough?
Evnoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:42 AM   #16
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I stopped buying consoles after the gamecube. I don't like anything about these new gimmicks. I just want to play a game with a normal controller. No motion sensing, no wiimotes or tablets or voice control. Just a controller.

Going to stick to PC until the end of time now. It is just a way better investment.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:44 AM   #17
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I stopped buying consoles after the gamecube. I don't like anything about these new gimmicks. I just want to play a game with a normal controller. No motion sensing, no wiimotes or tablets or voice control. Just a controller.

Going to stick to PC until the end of time now. It is just a way better investment.
thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssss

it's really all about the games. I'm sick of this casual player bullshit. The core gamer group from early 1980s up until even recently aren't interested in gay motion sensor games or stupid gimmicks. But money speaks louder.

All I want is to be able to enjoy a fun replayable game with satisfying rewards using a simple controller to compliment games that require actual skill and problem solving without being stupidly complicated.

Last edited by kommisar; 09-18-2012 at 03:34 AM..
kommisar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:15 AM   #18
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

for any of you who haven't seen it already.

edit: In response to the whole "gimmicky" issue I see being discussed here, the pro-controller for the Wii U was made in response to that, for the gamers that maybe prefers not to use the tablet controller for gaming. The fact it exists like this means that there will definitely be games that do not require the use of the tablet controller.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #19
xferrarix
FFR Player

The Wii is inferior to Xbox for a lot of reasons besides the servers in online play, you can't really avoid that topic.. I have all 3 new-gen consoles so I can tell you by personal experience how each one feels in online games.

But I don't know, I'm feeling like Izzy/Kommi about the entire gimmick deal. I probably won't buy this console, and I'll stick to PC. Unless Wii U gets a game I'm really really interested in playing (like 3DS has me with Luigi's Mansion 2) I'll pick it up
Old 09-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #20
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
The Wii is inferior to Xbox for a lot of reasons besides the servers in online play, you can't really avoid that topic.. I have all 3 new-gen consoles so I can tell you by personal experience how each one feels in online games.

But I don't know, I'm feeling like Izzy/Kommi about the entire gimmick deal. I probably won't buy this console, and I'll stick to PC. Unless Wii U gets a game I'm really really interested in playing (like 3DS has me with Luigi's Mansion 2) I'll pick it up
Bayonetta 2.
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote