Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-9-2009, 03:25 AM   #1
Kyaan Kyo
FFR Player

Talking Has anyone else...

Had a near Death Experience? I have, when I was ten I nearly choked on a grape and I passed out. But my mom totally got it before I died. Yay for moms and yay for me being a dumb ten year old who thought he could eat grapes whole! xD Oh there was that time I fell out of a tree...but I didn't hurt myself that much, only broke my arm.

Do you guys got any near death experiences? I'm curious...

Kyaan Kyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2009, 03:53 AM   #2
OrganisM
FFR Player

Default Re: Has anyone else...

A few. One of the most memorable was being three feet away from falling 200 feet into the Mediterranean sea in a car after an 18-wheeler came barreling down the middle of a winding road that was hugging the side of the mountains. If that split second reaction that dropped two wheels on the soft berm wasn't there, we would have had our little compact rammed into the sea by the 18-wheeler. It was New Year's Eve, and we were in Turkey heading to a fancy party. At 10pm we decided "**** it, we're still alive. I'm going to bed."

Originally Posted by jewpinthethird[link]:
"If you get stung by enough bees you turn into a bee,
because the venom gets into the blood stream which
spreads bee DNA throughout your entire body...
changing your genetic structure into a bee's.

Every year roughly 125 people in America are turned into bees this way."

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:
"Do you basically bukkake-paint your walls every time you jack it?"

Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz[link]:
"My pity-sex depreciates at a rate of 5% annually."
OrganisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2009, 04:04 AM   #3
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

Damn, OrganisM. It's a good thing you're here to tell us now. :/

And yeah, I've had some. Uh. A lot of nasty car crashes. The worst I think was where I ended up in the guy in front of us' backseat.

The most memorable for me, though, was when I saved my ex's life. She was swinging on her little sister's kiddie swing and her mom told her to get off. But, she just swung more persistently. I was standing under it next to her. Sure as ****, it snapped. It was the kind with the slide and stuff attached. The big end splintered and was coming down at her head. So, I dove under it, on top of her. That half of the swing set ended up tearing a huge gash down my back. Luckily, it missed my spine. And that's my story, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2009, 04:12 AM   #4
OrganisM
FFR Player

Holy crap, nice reflexes. D:

Car crashes have made me paranoid about defensive driving. Never crashed while behind the wheel, though.

PS - thanks, I appreciate that.

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:

Old 02-9-2009, 04:25 AM   #5
Kyaan Kyo
FFR Player

Wow you guys :O I'm nervous in a car, I had one accident before but it wasn't bad, it's just I'm paraniod in the car now. Oh yeah I forgot I fell down the stairs when I was younger too, I was a dumb kid =/ Hopefully nothing kills me tomorrow. o.o

Kyaan Kyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2009, 04:32 AM   #6
OrganisM
FFR Player

At one point you've just got to live your life. Those who live in fear of everything end up accomplishing nothing and then dying anyways, often in a bizarre event that serves as a byproduct from their paranoid overcautiousness. That's not to say that one should be reckless, but everything in moderation seems to be the way to go. Apollo's temple said it best: Nothing to excess. Of course, I'm a hypocrite. I realize this is typically the best course of action yet I go to every possible extreme.

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:

Old 02-9-2009, 06:16 AM   #7
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

lol i was about 6 at the time, and i was at my grandmums pool (it was a christmas party) and i decided to take one of my friends pool toys lol, so he decided to try and drown me...he got really close too, i had almost passed out as he was holding me under but my sister came to my rescue and punched the dude in the face.

so yeah, i almost died then. strangely enough, me and him are still friends these days Oo...

meh
Old 02-9-2009, 10:17 AM   #8
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

No prob, bro. And yeah. Cars. They scare of now. Like, if someone is headed at me, perpendicular to me I just get a huge adrenaline rush thinking I'm about to get sideswiped. Which has happened way way tot many times. It's where neither of my parents drive. Driving under the influence until they yanked the licenses. So, I walk everywhere. And I'm quite content with that now, lol.

Quote:
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

Old 02-9-2009, 11:10 AM   #9
rzr
TWG Veteran

What the hell does that mean?

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-9-2009, 11:43 AM   #10
PlaceboFX
FFR Player

When I was younger a doctor over precribed me medication. Instead of writing 25mg on the precription, he wrote 250. I ran around the house like a kid on speed until my parents thought I was going into cardiac arrest and rushed me to the hospital where they sedated me.

Real spiders wear their hats on their butts.
PlaceboFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2009, 12:39 PM   #11
flipsta_lombax
Lombax Connoisseur
FFR Veteran

Two things: Parental abuse- Knocked unconscious because of an angry dad. I accidentally made my brother's nose bleed.

A huge car accident- when tailgating goes really bad. A 4x4 smashed the back side of my family's Toyota really bad when we were in the highway. There was traffic, and this retard decided to speed. My brother and I were in the back seat, but we only got shocked. I don't know about my brother, but I got back pain the next day. Nothing else though.

This was around when I was 12.

Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}
flipsta_lombax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2009, 12:46 PM   #12
Heartseeker7
Untz Untz Untz Untz
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Almost died this summer from drinking.

Almost died as a child when the giant 500 pound steel garage door came crashing down and crushed my back. It narrowly missed my neck due to me tripping on my other foot and falling forward far enough.
Heartseeker7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2009, 01:14 PM   #13
OrganisM
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartseeker7 View Post
Almost died this summer from drinking.
I think that's almost a rite of passage.

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:

Old 02-9-2009, 02:07 PM   #14
samurai7694
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Mine also deals with a pool, and I am not doing this again. I was on a 9 ft pool, and some kids dared me to collect these 5 plastic rings around that area as fast as I could. Each ring was like 7 ft away from each other. I dived in to the floor of the pool and started to collect them, but every single time I get to the fourth, I needed to breathe in some air. I did this like 4 times, and on the fourth one, I couldn't find the last ring, and when I did, I picked it up but I almost past out. Luckily, I reached to the surface of the water and I started gasping for air and I scared my parents a little bit. Now I'm afraid of drowning. =/
Old 02-9-2009, 02:13 PM   #15
Oni-Paranoia
No fucks
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai7694 View Post
Mine also deals with a pool, and I am not doing this again. I was on a 9 ft pool, and some kids dared me to collect these 5 plastic rings around that area as fast as I could. Each ring was like 7 ft away from each other. I dived in to the floor of the pool and started to collect them, but every single time I get to the fourth, I needed to breathe in some air. I did this like 4 times, and on the fourth one, I couldn't find the last ring, and when I did, I picked it up but I almost past out. Luckily, I reached to the surface of the water and I started gasping for air and I scared my parents a little bit. Now I'm afraid of drowning. =/
You would've only been unconscious. Unless your friends did absolutely nothing while you were under water for a long period of time.

P.s. I'm a lifeguard
Oni-Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2009, 05:44 PM   #16
Sh4d0wD3v1L
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Sh4d0wD3v1L

Two. One more than the other.

When I was maybe 1 and a half, someone decided it would be a good idea to push me down a water slide into a 10ft pool with nobody there to catch me assuming that at 1 and a half, I could swim. Apparently you don't have this ability at such a young age, and I began to sink. Also not having any idea what was going on, I didn't do anything about it. Probably just before passing out, somebody fished me out of the pool. I didn't go near any pool of water (except the tub) until I was about 7 after this. I'm still afraid of water deeper than about 5' and I am a terrible swimmer.

The other one was really dumb on my part and on nature's part. One snow day, my sister asked me to bring her into town to pick up her friend. No big deal. I took my mom's jeep and drove into town, no problems. On the way back ,I too kthe same road, and it was covered with about 1" of snow, and it was blowing and drifting. Nasty conditions. Trying to go up a hill, the car started to slip and (here's the dumb part) I pushed on the gas to get it going. The car suddenly jolted forward over the top of the hill, and I was sliding all over the place. Stupid me tried to save it liek you would a FWD car, but jeeps are not FWD. So I spun it around and was flying about 35 across the road, straight towards a telephone pole. I cranked the wheel and hit the brakes, hoping just to miss the pole. About 5ft before I hit it, the car turned and I missed the pole. Only damage was a big crack in the bumper, a bent rim, and knocked the car out of allignment. That was scary....
Old 02-9-2009, 05:56 PM   #17
customstuff
♥C.S. + A.M.♥
FFR Veteran

Quite a few, can't remember them all though. No car crashes though :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 View Post
Placements are final, custom will not be moved to D6, just because he is good at jacks, and mediocre at just about every other FMO in the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by customstuff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 View Post
welcome to D6

start playing
customstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2009, 06:05 PM   #18
Sullyman2007
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sullyman2007

When I was like two I slipped and cracked my head open on a brick staircase back up in Jersey. My mom rushed my to the hospital and I had to get stitches. It was bad, I don't remember it though.
Sullyman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2009, 06:18 PM   #19
poleaxe
FFR Player

I was about 8 and i was going to get my brother for dinner and a dog came out of nowhere and bit me on the neck less than a centimeter away from my jugular.
Old 02-9-2009, 06:35 PM   #20
XblazzedX
Cyan
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to XblazzedX Send a message via Skype™ to XblazzedX

Yeah

One time, I was at my grandma's house in a room that they don't use anymore on a treadmill. (Just in front of a wall that was rotten from termites.) So I was running on it, no big deal until I get a stupid idea to put it as fast as it can go. I start running on it for a little while but then it gets too fast and I fall on my face and plow into the rotten wall. My feet caught the wall and flipped me on my back. A few seconds later my neck is bent way back and my face is in the wall. I started to suffocate, but before I did I called for help. My mom and brother come rushing in, my mom thinks she can save the day by stepping on the running treadmill trying to grab me. She trips as well... She's tumbling on me and thats really hurting my neck at this point. Thanks to my bro, he saw the huge STOP button on it, he presses that and I finally get some air (plus a crick in my neck and a huge burn mark.)

I thanked my brother and was pissed at my mom.
XblazzedX is offline   Reply With Quote