Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2004, 01:51 PM   #41
aleco
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to aleco

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEGO
I have a quick question for those believers in Heaven and Hell. It's not meant to be an accusation; just something I wondered.

Why is Satan/Lucifer doing what God wants him to do (torture the bad people)?

If Satan was against God (aren't they opposites or something?) then wouldn't he want to do what God doesn't want him to do?
Well, would Satan rather have people go to heaven and be happy and leave him alone or convince people otherwise so they don't believe God?

But then, God really doesn't want to torture bad people, he loves everyone. If anyone repents, he is merciful and forgives them. If they don't repent, he can't take care of them. It's up to Satan to do what he wants. Satan doesn't have his way though, even he will be killed.
Old 06-15-2004, 02:21 PM   #42
xObserveRx
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to xObserveRx Send a message via MSN to xObserveRx

that's a good point john, best not to really worry about it yet. Hopefully some answers will be revealed in time.
Old 06-15-2004, 03:01 PM   #43
AceOfSpades13
FFR Player

I share beliefs with aleco for this post mostly. I am a christian and I believe in heaven and hell. I don't claim to know what they are like, I just believe they are there. Other people probably believe in their religion too, so how can one person say that their religion is better than, or right over another's religion. You can't know everything in life on earth, there are some things you have to put the pieces together and make your own theory. Everyone probably has a reason to believe what they believe, such as some of you just don't believe that this should be discussed. I am a logical person, so what helps me believe in my religion is its ties to history. In roman books it was recorded that a person names Jesus was crucified, once in the Bible, God stopped time, there is astronomical evidence. Everyone should just choose their own beliefs, and keep this as a discussion, not a debate of argument.
AceOfSpades13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 01:20 AM   #44
flawofhumanity
MMM WATCHA SAY
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to flawofhumanity

At this point in life i dont really know what to beleive. I can think of many things wrong with the bible, but i dont want to go off topic into that. I am torn between two thing on what to beleive, one of the two. One is pretty simple so ill say that one first. This one would be the one most people dont want to accept, the "You go into a casket and that's where you stay for the rest of your death, until your decomposed or something of the sort." belief. The other one is one i dont know of any of my friends to believe. This one would be like your asleep. You can think (somewhat) and maybe dream about something lightly, but nothing more. You would always thing you were about to wake up, and it was going to be another day, but either it would never happen or possibly it would (reincarnation). Then again, im not really sure about anything at the moment, so that was just my 2.5684 cents.

flawofhumanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 02:00 AM   #45
NeoDarkHeart
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to NeoDarkHeart Send a message via MSN to NeoDarkHeart Send a message via Yahoo to NeoDarkHeart

Quote:
What happens when you die?
nobody knows.

Stats
You were my witness, my eyes, my evidence.
NeoDarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 01:56 AM   #46
ChEeKyGaTo
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to ChEeKyGaTo

I was never a religious person, so I have spent countless nights thinking about what could happen after you leave the shell you call a body. What I have come to think is, you leave this demension, to a whole new level to live again, not on earth or in our unvierse, but in an alternate universe.When you "die" in that universe, you move on to the next one, and on and on until you reach the "end" but you are really just starting over again. Earth my just be that first level so noone would have a knowlage of the last "level" you were in. Maybe your memory is wiped when you move on, who knows? I beleive very strongly in this theory, as does everyone else in their own theory.
ChEeKyGaTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 10:12 PM   #47
brutisgrr
FFR Player

The matter is recycled. That's all there is to it.

Since we know that energy cannot be destroyed, at least, in any sense we see, the energy that makes up your being and your conscousness is recycled into the base matter of the universe. And before you argue against this, know that we are self-aware, that we are alive, and we know it. Think for a second, and you'll agree. So obviously your energy is recycled through whatever various states that is goes through, and eventually ends up alive again. It's a never ending cycle.

So just think. Every time you light a fire, or turn on a light, it could be composed of your fore-fathers energy.
brutisgrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 10:44 PM   #48
TheAppleEater
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to TheAppleEater

I don't think i would like going to heaven if it is a place of constant happieness... That would be boring. But I think that your personality and everything you are is created by your brain, when you die your brain stops so your peronality and "soul" is gone. I think Heaven is just to comfort you before you die and loved ones after you die.

And also, I dont believe in Hell but if it does exist i don't see what is so wrong with the devil. The way I see it is he takes the bad people and punishes them. Your parents punish you when you do something bad, does that make them bad people?
TheAppleEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2004, 10:17 PM   #49
brutisgrr
FFR Player

Another thought on death...

It makes sense that wherever we go after we die, we don't remember what we were before. If so, it wouldn't take you very long to go mad, facing the prospect that you will exist like this for eternity, not changing, and doing the same things over and over... cuz you gotta admit, you will find new things to do, but with forever in front and behind you, you will go mad with boredom. Not knowing what you have already accomplished makes it fun/interesting to do over again. Ignorance is bliss. Always was and always will be.

...Just a thought.
brutisgrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2004, 12:00 PM   #50
Jam930
FFR Player

I wish I could live for eternity. I wouldn't mind it at all, would never get bored, as long as I continue to fear death the way I do now.

Eventually your body will stop functioning, your brain will fire its last neurons, and if your corpse is lucky, it will be buried, where it will decompose.

You will be forgotten, and dismissed as yet another unsuccessful human being. You did not find the purpose of life.

Even Einstine was a failure at life. He did a great thing... but now he's dead. Gone. Forever. You think he gives a crap if you remember E-MC^2 ?
He's gone, without having found the purpose to life!

The first human being ever was probably SO afraid of death, afraid of ceasing to exist, as you would be logically. But as a race, we have been domesticated to live calm and simple lives until some idiot screws up, your body fails, or you just have some bad luck, resulting in your death.

Those who are religious should not take their sense of security for granted.
Old 07-2-2004, 12:23 PM   #51
LEGO
Banned

Send a message via AIM to LEGO

DEATHHHHHHH

I do not fear it, it could only hope to fear me. I have so much to tell who ever is there waiting.
LEGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2004, 12:53 PM   #52
Jam930
FFR Player

Quote:

Wow... someone should quote me on that. I'm feeling narcissistic.
Old 07-2-2004, 03:02 PM   #53
LEGO
Banned

Ya how about no
Old 07-2-2004, 07:41 PM   #54
TheAppleEater
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to TheAppleEater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam930
Hah, what do you say to that LEGO?? Somebody did quote her.
TheAppleEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-3-2004, 01:35 PM   #55
Jam930
FFR Player

Ha! Thankyou AppleEater... what exactly is your av?
Old 07-3-2004, 03:09 PM   #56
LEGO
Banned

i dont care!11!!!!11111!!!111!11