Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-7-2011, 12:24 PM   #521
Tokaru4
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Is it wrong to be gay?

You don't even need religion to prove being gay is wrong.
If you take a look at the anatomy of a human and how we're created, we're designed to reproduce with the opposite sex Homosexuality is an abnormality in the human gene. Abnormality -- Not normal.
With that said, I believe that being gay is more wrong then right.
But what I will say, is that I respect gay people who don't flaunt their homosexuality around rather than being one of those 'in-your-face' feminine types.

-Aaron
Old 05-7-2011, 03:49 PM   #522
MopeyJoe
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

In my personal opinion, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being homosexual. Even if being homosexual is considered abnormal, that's OK with me. If a straight says being homosexual is wrong, in my opinion, that is just as bad as... say, a white person saying it's wrong to be black. Nobody chooses who they are, it just happens as life goes on.

To those who think being homosexual is wrong, let me ask you this:
Would you rather be friends with a straight serial killer, or a homosexual civilian?

You can't judge someone on their sexuality. Just because they have different interests does not mean they are bad people. You wouldn't go up to a good friend after finding out they have a different religion than you and say "What the hell is wrong with you? Why would you believe in that?" The same can be said about homosexuals.
Old 05-8-2011, 12:19 AM   #523
dancemiester
FFR Player

But if nature created homosexuals.........then it's natural and they exist for a reason
dancemiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-8-2011, 12:28 AM   #524
virus003
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to virus003

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
It's not that big of a bump and it's still a good CT thread.
This thread ****ing is bad.

You have do realize fido that you're asking a bunch of immature people if it's wrong to be gay, right?

I didn't know there was such a thing as having the wrong sexuality, and I'm pretty sure you're bisexual, but honestly, don't let other people derail you just because they think it's wrong, you do what you think is right. People are going to have their own opinions about that and they can't help it, that's why I was glad I'm born without religion, though I have a very anti- homosexual father. He doesn't really influence my decision anymore. Gay people are still people, treat them like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUioX View Post
too hard and too long.. the rest of it was easy though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundb0x View Post
i still have photos of my dad dickfeeding me when i was like 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
stop back seat modding its annoying
virus003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-8-2011, 12:42 AM   #525
RedFire19876
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to RedFire19876

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancemiester View Post
But if nature created homosexuals.........then it's natural and they exist for a reason

nature didn't create homosexuals
before i say anything... i have nothing against gay people.

nature created male and female animals so they can mate and reproduce with one another. why would nature create a male to like or want to have a sexual relationship with another male? that makes no sense at all. yes i understand that there are other animals that, like humans, turn out to be gay, but that animal still wasn't born to be that way. there is either a situation in their life which changed their perception, or just the way they were raised.

is it wrong to be gay? no it's not wrong to be gay in society and no one should complain about it because those people have their reasons, but it is wrong in the sense of the way they use their bodies because they weren't made to be with someone of the same sex.

Last edited by RedFire19876; 05-8-2011 at 12:46 AM..
RedFire19876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-8-2011, 02:13 AM   #526
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokaru4 View Post
If you take a look at the anatomy of a human and how we're created, we're designed to reproduce with the opposite sex Homosexuality is an abnormality in the human gene. Abnormality -- Not normal.
But what I will say, is that I respect gay people who don't flaunt their homosexuality around rather than being one of those 'in-your-face' feminine types.

-Aaron
Ok, so it might be an "incorrect" usage of sexual organs, but that is totally different then the concept of "right" and "wrong".
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-8-2011, 09:13 AM   #527
MopeyJoe
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Homosexuality is an abnormality in the human gene.
We actually just got done learning about genes in my biology class. If homosexuality really is an abnormality in the human gene, then what exactly is wrong with it?

You know what genes are right? They are parts of your DNA and RNA stretched onto your chromosomes. So if homosexuality really is abnormal, that could only mean your DNA/RNA is messed up some how. Or maybe it's the chromosomes fault. Maybe it's only half a chromosome, or maybe it's somehow missing one part. You can't just say it's the genes fault and have no evidence to back it up.

I've actually heard a story from my friend regarding homosexuals and the military. According to him, you can't join the military if you're homosexual (which is expected). But! He also said that men without a wife or girlfriend that have been shipped overseas to Iraq or Afghanistan generally turn gay because they have been around men so long and haven't been with a girl for so long.

So if what my friend said is true, and what you are saying is true, that must mean that single men that are in the military will have their genes become abnormal after a long enough time.
Old 05-8-2011, 10:34 AM   #528
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyde View Post
I advise that you read the text you go so far as to quote more closely. Nyokou was clearly lacking in support for the general "religious" arguments against homosexuality he touched upon, and seems apathetic to the "need" for increasing the human populace. Flaunting of homosexuality is all that seemed to be subject to disapproval in the post.

To express my own opinions on informing people of one's sexuality and how it is done, I also dislike "flaunters", if only because they give me the impression that they consider sexual orientation as far more important to the make-up of who someone is then I personally feel it ever ought to be. Effeminate/butch (insert gender here) behaviour, however, I'm perfectly fine with when it isn't forced to the point of garnering annoyance. Of course it helps that what few I know are, in my opinion, genuinely friendly and entertaining people.
Sorry, misunderstood what she was saying then. Anyway I 100% agree with the rest of your post. I believe there really are really femmy gay guys out there but when people TRY to put on that persona it's kinda sad. Regardless I find queeny gay guys annoying as ****ing hell.

Quote:

-Aaron
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosex...ior_in_animals

Quote:
Originally Posted by virus003 View Post
This thread ****ing is bad.

You have do realize fido that you're asking a bunch of immature people if it's wrong to be gay, right?

I didn't know there was such a thing as having the wrong sexuality, and I'm pretty sure you're bisexual, but honestly, don't let other people derail you just because they think it's wrong, you do what you think is right. People are going to have their own opinions about that and they can't help it, that's why I was glad I'm born without religion, though I have a very anti- homosexual father. He doesn't really influence my decision anymore. Gay people are still people, treat them like them.
I think this thread is good, I like seeing how people respond when I think somebody's way of thinking is illogical. Also for the record I'm pretty sure I'm gay, my current relationship has been more of an experiment that's gone pretty well considering she's pretty ideal for me but there's still a lot of unexplainable turmoil I feel. Would rather not go into the details of my personal life though, regarding my relationship as they also go into the personal details of her life but shit's complicated lol. I only post in this thread to point out where I think people's thinking/facts are incorrect in hopes that it would perhaps make people think more deeply about the issue, and also for people to do it to me so I can look into my opinions more. It's critical thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFire19876 View Post
nature didn't create homosexuals
before i say anything... i have nothing against gay people.

nature created male and female animals so they can mate and reproduce with one another. why would nature create a male to like or want to have a sexual relationship with another male? that makes no sense at all. yes i understand that there are other animals that, like humans, turn out to be gay, but that animal still wasn't born to be that way. there is either a situation in their life which changed their perception, or just the way they were raised.

is it wrong to be gay? no it's not wrong to be gay in society and no one should complain about it because those people have their reasons, but it is wrong in the sense of the way they use their bodies because they weren't made to be with someone of the same sex.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosex...ior_in_animals
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-8-2011, 10:44 AM   #529
MopeyJoe
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
This article pretty much wrecks anybody's argument saying that homosexuals are wrong and are doing things that they weren't meant for.
Old 05-8-2011, 11:15 AM   #530
Blinded No More
FFR Player

I strongly disagree with homosexuality, but I don't hate gay people. TBH, I have a few gay friends, but thankfully they haven't taken interest in me.
Blinded No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-8-2011, 11:33 AM   #531
MopeyJoe
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinded No More View Post
I strongly disagree with homosexuality, but I don't hate gay people. TBH, I have a few gay friends, but thankfully they haven't taken interest in me.
So... you just don't want homosexuals flirting with you? Is that it?
Old 05-8-2011, 11:37 AM   #532
Blinded No More
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MopeyJoe View Post
So... you just don't want homosexuals flirting with you? Is that it?
LOL I guess you could say that. I'm straight so I definitely wouldn't want that to happen. But there's a stronger reason I disagree with it: it goes against the Bible.
Old 05-8-2011, 11:38 AM   #533
MopeyJoe
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
But there's a stronger reason I disagree with it: it goes against the Bible.
I'd rather not get into a religious debate here, it's not like I'll be able to change your mind about your religion. People are so stubborn.
Old 05-8-2011, 12:18 PM   #534
cixOclock
FFR Player

Quote:
But there's a stronger reason I disagree with it: it goes against the Bible.
Don't start another religous debate in a thread that is already 27 pages long.
Christians/Muslims/Islamic/ will stand fast with their belief, same with Aetheists.

Because in the end all it'll turn out to be is two groups bashing their penis' into each other's penis... Just to realize; they're using the wrong slot...
cixOclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-8-2011, 01:55 PM   #535
Blinded No More
FFR Player

Quote:
I'd rather not get into a religious debate here, it's not like I'll be able to change your mind about your religion. People are so stubborn.
I definitely am stubborn about my religion, but I'll keep it to myself.
Old 05-8-2011, 02:16 PM   #536
Fun
FFR Player

Quote:
In my personal opinion, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being homosexual. Even if being homosexual is considered abnormal, that's OK with me. If a straight says being homosexual is wrong, in my opinion, that is just as bad as... say, a white person saying it's wrong to be black. Nobody chooses who they are, it just happens as life goes on.
You would first (obviously) have to objectively prove that homosexuality is a biological inevitability as opposed to a psychological "inconvenience" before you could make a comparison like that.

I personally, at the moment, don't think you can make a comparison between someone being Black and someone being gay. One is unarguably biological where as the other is still being debated.

Because of this reasoning, I think that's why it would be hard for any person to truly and honestly believe that being black is "wrong". Where as you have more people on the fence as to whether being homosexual is wrong. Like I said before, and like I'll say again, once it can be proven that homosexuality is biological, you'll see a gradual increase in acceptance of it. Until then, things are very unlikely to change.

Last edited by Fun; 05-8-2011 at 02:21 PM..
Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-8-2011, 02:46 PM   #537
ScylaX
urararararararara
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to ScylaX Send a message via Skype™ to ScylaX

The true problem isn't about being from a biological cause or not. To what I know, that logic of finding the determinism of the behavior through biology always ended by making research on the genes ; the problem is that almost every study on the subject concluded in not proving anything about how our behavior would be biologicaly determined.

Well, actually, the problem is not about having it biologically explained or anything, but it comes from the fact we need an incontestable argument for the matter that comes from an authority. We need a powerful enough argument coming from an enough powerful authority (actually, the question of "where does it come from ?" is the major part of the problem) to have a good enough influence on the morals so it gets accepted by the collectivity.

And anybody can perceive how the opinion on the homosexuals have improved since, say, fifty years ago. It's just something in progress along with other cases.

By the way, proving biologically the cause of why black people are black doesn't prevent to have a large amount of racist people, just saying.
Old 05-8-2011, 04:27 PM   #538
RedFire19876
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
Quote:
This article pretty much wrecks anybody's argument saying that homosexuals are wrong and are doing things that they weren't meant for.
You say it wrecks anybodies argument, but where in there does it say anything about them being born to be homosexual? It just says they have homosexual tendencies but they still mate with females to reproduce which is what animals are meant to do. One of the animal categories even says "Exclusive homosexuality with mounting and anal penetration in this solitary species serves no apparent adaptive function," meaning they just do it just to do it, not because it serves any purpose besides the pleasure. "Innocent confusion, or even from a fear of being ridiculed by their colleagues," and it goes on to say, "Not every sexual act has a reproductive function ... that's true of humans and non-humans," which obviously shows it's only for pleasure. That website says this about bed bugs, "Males produce alarm pheromones to reduce such homosexual matings," why would they be born with that? Because they weren't meant to be homosexual. There is a reason that there is a male and female for mostly all species and that's for reproduction. They weren't made to be gay but just because some find pleasure from being homosexual, they do it.

Last edited by RedFire19876; 05-8-2011 at 04:33 PM..
Old 05-8-2011, 06:33 PM   #539
MopeyJoe
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFire19876 View Post
You say it wrecks anybodies argument, but where in there does it say anything about them being born to be homosexual? It just says they have homosexual tendencies but they still mate with females to reproduce which is what animals are meant to do. One of the animal categories even says "Exclusive homosexuality with mounting and anal penetration in this solitary species serves no apparent adaptive function," meaning they just do it just to do it, not because it serves any purpose besides the pleasure. "Innocent confusion, or even from a fear of being ridiculed by their colleagues," and it goes on to say, "Not every sexual act has a reproductive function ... that's true of humans and non-humans," which obviously shows it's only for pleasure. That website says this about bed bugs, "Males produce alarm pheromones to reduce such homosexual matings," why would they be born with that? Because they weren't meant to be homosexual. There is a reason that there is a male and female for mostly all species and that's for reproduction. They weren't made to be gay but just because some find pleasure from being homosexual, they do it.
There was a post saying that homosexuality is a fault in the human gene. I say that article wrecks that argument because that article proves that there are other species that have homosexuals.

And also, you can't say it's wrong for homosexuals to do what they do for pleasure, because straight human beings have sex for pleasure as well. Same goes with dolphins (apparently). Not all sexual acts are meant for reproduction, that goes for all species and all sexualities.
Old 05-8-2011, 06:42 PM   #540
RedFire19876
FFR Player

Quote:
There was a post saying that homosexuality is a fault in the human gene. I say that article wrecks that argument because that article proves that there are other species that have homosexuals.

And also, you can't say it's wrong for homosexuals to do what they do for pleasure, because straight human beings have sex for pleasure as well. Same goes with dolphins (apparently). Not all sexual acts are meant for reproduction, that goes for all species and all sexualities.

If you read my first post I never said anything about it being wrong for homosexuals to exist, I just said that it's wrong in terms of birth. Obviously there are defects, as you said with the genes, but in the end it's a defect meaning it's not natural. I also said in my first post that there are situations in life that will bring a person to become homosexual or even the way a person is raised. That can go for any other animal too. I have nothing against homosexuals, that was just the point I was trying to make.

It is wrong, though, for people to completely retaliate against gay people just because they are gay. Like anybody else, they are people that live their life the way that they enjoy it.