Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2022, 04:14 PM   #461
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG 203 Werewolves in Avalon GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
I am more interested in what -you- suspect him, if you are denying or downplaying my case on him. You're being really reactive this game and while that is fine, this is one issue I would like to hear full thoughts on. If you think I'll falling in the tunnel again, bounce some ideas off me instead.
Don't hate your case, not at all.

I suspect him for his flip flopping as I said. I feel him labeling the two wagons as "meh" and then flip flopping on them was odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 11-21-2022, 04:20 PM   #462
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Don't hate your case, not at all.

I suspect him for his flip flopping as I said. I feel him labeling the two wagons as "meh" and then flip flopping on them was odd.
Any additional thoughts on my other points?

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 11-21-2022, 04:27 PM   #463
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Your suspicion on roundbox I think isn't bad, but I don't agree with it. That might change depending when he posts this phase. I liked his apprenshion coming into EoD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 11-21-2022, 04:38 PM   #464
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

I think rather I come down hard on Roundbox being a wolf versus a town with some bad takes all depends on if he can convince me why he chose Jubar over Lewdy and why he used most of of his to keep commenting superficially on me vs Manti instead of answering questions directed at him.

There's not much more to add until he gets in here

Setting those two aside, I feel like at least one wolf is keeping out of sight and not rocking the boat (100% true if it actually turns out to be Manti+Round) and my instincts go straight to Raeko or Jub to fill that quota for right now. I think the game could benefit from more content from them

Old 11-21-2022, 04:38 PM   #465
bugkid666
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
I don't like responding to important posts like this on mobile but here we go

My reason for voting you wasn't because you were pushing the No Lynch too hard. This is semantical maybe but Bugkid was the one who said you were pushing it too hard in post 270. I expect you to go back and confirm this.

I voted you because your stance flip was quick and in response to light pressure as I've said before. On D1, active wolves want to interact with the thread and get in good standing with it but don't want to draw too much attention. When I read your No lynch posts, they bothered me because they struck very close to this. You interacted with the idea of a No Lynch and kept it in conversation for quite a while and then backed off with the exact reasons it is a bad idea when Roudbox and mellon came out against it and bugkid also decided it was a bad idea. If you had reasons for liking it then I expected you to at least defend the option a little bit before switching off of it. I probably still wouldn't have liked your stance but at least you would have had a base you were working off of.

If you're mad about the first sentence of 267 (the post where I vote you but mess up my tag). That wasn't directed at you but just general frustration. No Lynch is a bad option unless it mechanically buys us another day or gets us more information and several people were flirting with the idea at the time.
Quote:
Annnnnnnnnd que the line

So yeah no, you did do that. It's right there. And then you go back on it later which.....you're using the fact you went back on it as reason on why I'm wrong on you going back on it, it seems judging from this:

Quote:
I voted you because your stance flip was quick and in response to light pressure as I've said before. On D1, active wolves want to interact with the thread and get in good standing with it but don't want to draw too much attention. When I read your No lynch posts, they bothered me because they struck very close to this. You interacted with the idea of a No Lynch and kept it in conversation for quite a while and then backed off with the exact reasons it is a bad idea when Roudbox and mellon came out against it and bugkid also decided it was a bad idea. If you had reasons for liking it then I expected you to at least defend the option a little bit before switching off of it. I probably still wouldn't have liked your stance but at least you would have had a base you were working off of.
Also to note in the above is you denied I defended it after people spoke against it. This is not true as I was defended it against Bugkid about when you made the initial vote. I'm very sure the catalyst for your Post#267 was me defending it! To say I wasn't is clearly incorrect and easily proved so.

Quote:
If you're mad about the first sentence of 267 (the post where I vote you but mess up my tag). That wasn't directed at you but just general frustration. No Lynch is a bad option unless it mechanically buys us another day or gets us more information and several people were flirting with the idea at the time.
This is simply backpedaling. I already quoted this post where you state plainly what the vote was for
i was about to call out manti for contradicting himself but mml did it for me lol

work smarter not harder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateandhatred View Post
dude your list was as substantial as a corporate public apology
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
IM ON RED LOBSTER PUBLIC WIFI

they/them
Old 11-21-2022, 04:44 PM   #466
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

While you're here Bug, any more thoughts on other players? I guess I'm interested the most in hearing any thoughts on Roundbox but the more content the better I say.

Old 11-21-2022, 04:47 PM   #467
bugkid666
FFR Player

Quote:
I think I like Roundbox less because he's very selective on what he's willing to talk about concerning Manti and in the end all he contributed was making the Juber counter wagon viable. He was for lynching Lewdy, and at first I wanted to softclear him and everyone who voted/pushed for Lewdy since Lewdy was clearly one of the three eligible Night Kills---surely no wolf would push for one of those three, right? Not given the rules

BUT OOPS EVERY SINGLE LEWDY VOTE BACKED OFF HOW CONVENIENT
who else voted lewdy except roundbox?

Quote:
Quote:

they/them
Old 11-21-2022, 04:56 PM   #468
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
who else voted lewdy except roundbox?
Lemme scan thread and get back to this

Old 11-21-2022, 05:02 PM   #469
bugkid666
FFR Player

Quote:
While you're here Bug, any more thoughts on other players? I guess I'm interested the most in hearing any thoughts on Roundbox but the more content the better I say.
i think what i said about roundbox still holds true: when he has time and is specifically questioned about something particular, he'll respond. otherwise, he doesn't make an effort to literally respond to everything

i think because of how easy yesterday's vote was, it's safe to assume that there might be wolves on both wagons. i didn't like raeko's vote on ffa actually. her comment about how her gut went with jub but still voted for ffa felt out of character to me. i would like for her to defend herself though, because she hasn't been very present (this isn't really out of character for her though).

freezin's vote felt good to me but other than that i don't have an opinion

i can't tell if i just heavily disagree with manti/don't understand his strategy or if he's just a scatterbrained, vocal wolf.

charu seems TOO agreeable with me this game, and while i do appreciate that, it does make me a bit suspicious that he hasn't made too many waves with anyone.

i wish i knew how Jub felt about literally anything. i don't know if i should hope he gets modkilled or not. same goes for wv today.

mml's posts seem genuine and while i don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for him to be a wolf, he's nowhere close to a priority

Quote:
Quote:

they/them
Old 11-21-2022, 05:24 PM   #470
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Ok so wow so remember a lot more hate on Lewdy then what I'm seeing now. Round votes for him first as a shit post that lingers around for half the game and FFA shades him but never votes him.

In my mind both you(Bug) and Raeko also shaded him but no, you state the opposite and Raeko only says that if he is wolf he'll our himself in time. Most of the Lewdy discord really is just Roundbox going back and forth on him, eventually settling on Jub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
lewdy has the most posts and is therefore the most active
am I doing this strategy correctly?
Quote:
manti's vote is kinda weak but I feel like he's coming back for more
lewdy is actually wigging me out a little bit. he hasn't really put forth any reads since voting WV and has been posting about setup kinds of things
I do like WV. I think his defense is rational and given the fact he's posting and contributing after his "exit" means people using that as a reason to vote him are losing ground

Quote:
gonna see how voting lewdy again feels
Quote:
lewdy is looking a little better now, so I think I might switch to jub3r7 again

Old 11-21-2022, 05:30 PM   #471
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
i think what i said about roundbox still holds true: when he has time and is specifically questioned about something particular, he'll respond. otherwise, he doesn't make an effort to literally respond to everything

i think because of how easy yesterday's vote was, it's safe to assume that there might be wolves on both wagons. i didn't like raeko's vote on ffa actually. her comment about how her gut went with jub but still voted for ffa felt out of character to me. i would like for her to defend herself though, because she hasn't been very present (this isn't really out of character for her though).

freezin's vote felt good to me but other than that i don't have an opinion

i can't tell if i just heavily disagree with manti/don't understand his strategy or if he's just a scatterbrained, vocal wolf.

charu seems TOO agreeable with me this game, and while i do appreciate that, it does make me a bit suspicious that he hasn't made too many waves with anyone.

i wish i knew how Jub felt about literally anything. i don't know if i should hope he gets modkilled or not. same goes for wv today.

mml's posts seem genuine and while i don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for him to be a wolf, he's nowhere close to a priority
I have thoughts on Raeko but I want to give her a chance to respond before I poison the well, sort of speak.

I somewhat agree on the Charu read, but I feel he's always a little too agreeable early game as both alignments. He does that because he use to play aggressive, but has become much more self conscious about negativity, and rather watch people dig holes for awhile now instead. I guess this is the long way of saying it's NAI for him at this stage in the game, although I would like for him to take harder stances on stuff

I think we mostly agree on the state of the game

Old 11-21-2022, 06:52 PM   #472
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

looks like lewdy is the only person in this game that isn't a merlin
Old 11-21-2022, 07:18 PM   #473
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
BUT OOPS EVERY SINGLE LEWDY VOTE BACKED OFF HOW CONVENIENT
now this is the level of tinfoil I play for

Quote:
two people weren't even present for EOD and while it's unlikely they were both wolves, expecting people to respond to that in the final minute is absolutely bonkers to me
I like this post from bugkid and I feel like it's one of the only fair points against manti. I disagree with most of what everyone else is saying

Quote:
Right now it feels like we're throwing darts at wall covered in fog of war and not cutting away at the fog of war with any urgency.
my dude is channeling WIM spirit

Quote:
I voted Juber for wagonomics. He was not the better lynch.
I voted FFA because juber’s wagon was a pres vote from FFA, a mystery vote from freezin which I did not like. A non committal roundbox and SG vs my two heavy town reads.

Did anyone actually like the juber wagon? I think the answer is no.
I hate my vote on jub3r7, but the beginning of the game always sucks for me significantly. I would agree that FFA is the better pick of the two for the fact that he was active. I had no other line of thinking that felt like I was hitting a wolf, so I stubbornly sat on jub3r7. FFA felt like a checked-out townie to me, and if he was a wolf he would have cared a bit more about his slot and showed up earlier. He mentioned he wanted to sheep my read of manti, so I assumed he was townreading me if he was going to copy a read of mine.

FFA's other reads and lewdy's reads are up for consideration, so I'm gonna take a look at them and I encourage other people to do so as well
Old 11-21-2022, 07:21 PM   #474
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

if I had to weigh in on the MML/Manti debate, I'd side with Manti atm if this ends up being the wagon this phase, but that sounds really boring and lazy to lock in my vote like that

I'd like to hear from WV again, who I think is still pretty town
and of course, the jub3r7
Old 11-21-2022, 07:27 PM   #475
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

in my rereading of posts, I found out the post where FFA townread me. sorry I missed it, I should have seen it FFA

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
Quote:
NL is awful
our only way to kill the wolves and win is to vote for things
going the NL route means we throw away one of our chances for killing a wolf

while we're on this topic, there should be no discussion on whether to claim merlin or VT, or any discussion about merlins. this, again, is only beneficial to the wolves. as town, I feel the optimal play here is to say we are all merlins.
I trust roundbox
Old 11-21-2022, 07:32 PM   #476
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Roundbox doubling down on the Manti defense is so bad I almost don't want to think a wolf partner would do it.

In no other game do I think Roundbox would look at Manti defending himself by contradiction and go "Yeah I think this is the better argument"

Let me be really clear, Round: if you're tying your boat on the Manti ship, you're gonna sink too.

Old 11-21-2022, 07:43 PM   #477
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Roundbox doubling down on the Manti defense is so bad I almost don't want to think a wolf partner would do it.
occams razor: I'm just town

Quote:
I'm not against making a real vote, but I can't shake that some of the arguments against a No Lynch ain't being made in good faith

Makes me feel like matter it's more viable then I thought

I can see the tunnel coming towards me
I understand Manti's issue with your insistence on the NL idea. I can agree with manti and not sheep him, so let me show you some of my work here:
the logic of "my idea getting attacked means it has merit" doesn't really hold up
bugkid made some great points about it not really being an issue when merlins die, and honestly, talking about how wolves might be steering the vote to stay within the list of 5 or outside of the list of 5 is pro-wolf. they're just going to wifom us into the ground. I don't think we should discuss this list of 5 past the fact that it exists, because it will never, ever objectively exist in this game unless a wolf throws the game. it won't be confirmed in postgame, so any logic using it is bogus
Old 11-21-2022, 07:50 PM   #478
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Roundbox why did Manti vote for me? Yes this is a truck question that no matter what you answer with I can quote Manti contradicting it

This is a solved case in more ways then just that (left vote to intentionally cause chaos is another of my favorite reasons to vote Manti, for example)

Give it up.

Old 11-21-2022, 07:51 PM   #479
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

I like that freezin is definitive with a vote but I don't like not knowing any other read from them
it makes me a bit skeptical that his only two posts this thread are a vote and his justification for that vote. it's not yet a tunnel since he has two posts, but it's waving flags in my eyes

I want to see more posters that aren't MML, bug, charu, manti, or myself
we're getting a bit stir crazy without you
Old 11-21-2022, 07:53 PM   #480
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Roundbox why did Manti vote for me? Yes this is a truck question that no matter what you answer with I can quote Manti contradicting it

This is a solved case in more ways then just that (left vote to intentionally cause chaos is another of my favorite reasons to vote Manti, for example)

Give it up.
even if manti is a wolf, he still has two other partners I can be looking for

tinfoil: manti/mml is w/w
Closed Thread