Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-2-2024, 05:59 PM   #21
_choof
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: I have no idea how to title this

discriminating against people on the basis that they're gay is, in fact, the literal definition of homophobia
given that it's a place of worship, if you ask them to explain why you're disallowed, you're most likely gonna get the same kinda response as seen here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neigdoig View Post
I personally don't have any issues with members of this community, as I'm friends with a couple of them. The problem I have is with me doing any of it, as I will never do any of these things the LGBTQ+ community chooses to do.
(hence why I avatar posted and didnt actually respond to this trite shit)

Last edited by _choof; 03-2-2024 at 06:01 PM..
_choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2024, 08:50 PM   #22
Andromena_M31
FFR Player

OK, (i swear this day has been me switching from sad to worried like 40 times)
I didnt think of them as homophobic because they (the religon) says that their not homophobic. I thought this until just today. Sure they dont kill you but it's still homphobic for them not to let you in. not to mention I am just now remembering all the talks they give about the LGBTQ.

my god... I have been listening to them for so long now. As I type this im relizing now how homophobic they have been. I don't know how to feel. I've been listening to how the lgbtq will not enter the kingdom of god, but how they can become good people if they just become straight.
Andromena_M31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-6-2024, 09:13 PM   #23
Andromena_M31
FFR Player

This will probebly be one of my last messages on this thread. I have now realized how homophobic my religon is. I always thought that they were wern't homophobic because
1. they said that they wern't homophobic
2. they were subtel with the homophobia
3. I've been in the religon for my whole life so I never questioned it

To be honest, I think realizing this has made me feel better. I always thought that questioning religon was a bad thing, so when I found out that I was not a straight male I thought I was a monster. And I thought that burying my feelings and seeing the LGBTQ+ community through religious glasses would help become more "better" (When I say "Better" I mean better for the religon) but it didn't. But I see clearly now, more clearly then ever before. I'm not a monster nor demon for existing. I just dont belong in that religon, its not for me.

I still have to be in it until I move out and get a stable support system outside my family. (not saying my family is bad, they would probably be ok with it after a couple months. it's just that I dont want to be with them in those inbetween monthes) But this has made my thinking way better. Im not ashamed to be gay or trans now.

Last edited by Andromena_M31; 03-6-2024 at 09:17 PM..
Old 03-15-2024, 05:37 PM   #24
Neigdoig
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by _choof View Post
discriminating against people on the basis that they're gay is, in fact, the literal definition of homophobia
given that it's a place of worship, if you ask them to explain why you're disallowed, you're most likely gonna get the same kinda response as seen here:

(hence why I avatar posted and didnt actually respond to this trite shit)
This is taken slightly out of context. What I am saying is that while I have no issue with what these people do in private, I don't want to do those things myself.
Neigdoig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 05:59 PM   #25
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
This is taken slightly out of context. What I am saying is that while I have no issue with what these people do in private, I don't want to do those things myself.
I'm confused. Aren't you essentially just saying you're not LGBTQ+? Not sure what you're contributing to Andromena's thread by stating that. Your recent post history has felt quite bot-like frankly, although maybe english isn't your first language. Just my 2¢.

Also more on topic: Aren't all religions bound to have some amount of believers who are discriminatory and judgmental and also have some passages/values that depict such things? Sure some religions probably more than others, I'm no connoisseur of religious books and values by any means, but that's how it's appeared to be to me so far. In any case, I wish you good luck with your situation and I hope you can find a way to further improve your safe space.
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 06:07 PM   #26
Neigdoig
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
I'm confused. Aren't you essentially just saying you're not LGBTQ+? Not sure what you're contributing to Andromena's thread by stating that. Your recent post history has felt quite bot-like frankly, although maybe english isn't your first language. Just my 2¢.

Also more on topic: Aren't all religions bound to have some amount of believers who are discriminatory and judgmental and also have some passages/values that depict such things? Sure some religions probably more than others, I'm no connoisseur of religious books and values by any means, but that's how it's appeared to be to me so far. In any case, I wish you good luck with your situation and I hope you can find a way to further improve your safe space.
This is just how I write, to be completely fair.

Anyway, it is true. I'm not LGBTQ+ for personal reasons.
Old 03-15-2024, 06:15 PM   #27
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP

Quote:

Okok, sry bout that then.
Old 03-15-2024, 06:18 PM   #28
Neigdoig
FFR Player

Quote:
Okok, sry bout that then.
Don't worry about it. Misunderstandings like that happen a lot. That's kinda what happens when you're an intellectual to some people. :P
Old 03-15-2024, 08:53 PM   #29
ToonE156
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Quote:
Then dont

im not trying to be mean cuz you seem like a good guy, but like no ones forcing you to and the comment was a little pointless for the thread at hand
If accuracy is not your middle name, my balls smell like lavender and honey.

ToonE156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 08:04 AM   #30
_choof
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:

are you saying you are "not LGBTQ+ for personal reasons" because you were born LGBTQ+ but do not engage with it or are you saying you are "not LGBTQ+ for personal reasons" because you believe being LGBTQ+ is a decision people simply make because they want to
if it's the former, repressing your sexuality due to your religion telling you that you're a fundamentally bad person because of it happens all the time, especially if you risk violence
if it's the latter, I did not take your original quote out of context, it's the typical trite religious ignorance (willful or not) about what being gay or trans actually is and is not helpful in the slightest

edit:
Quote:
That's kinda what happens when you're an intellectual to some people. :P
lmao

Last edited by _choof; 03-20-2024 at 09:48 AM..
_choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 06:48 PM   #31
Andromena_M31
FFR Player

Quick questions

1. Can I say that im both non-binary and bigender at the same time?

2. Is it weird how I want to be called a girl but want a relationship between me and a guy still be considered gay?
Old 03-25-2024, 06:59 PM   #32
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromena_M31 View Post
Quick questions

2. Is it weird how I want to be called a girl but want a relationship between me and a guy still be considered gay?
I don't think anybody's an authority on such questions, although while you're most likely free to say you're this and that, just be aware that if that (probably rare) topic comes up, most people may be confused naturally. If the emotional gain you get from it outweighs the potential confusing moments, I don't see why you couldn't say those things.
Old 03-25-2024, 08:26 PM   #33
Neigdoig
FFR Player

Quote:
Quick questions

I've never heard of someone being both NB and bigender. If this is the case, I'd say that would be genderfluid.
Old 03-25-2024, 09:04 PM   #34
Andromena_M31
FFR Player

Talking Re: I have no idea how to title this

Quote:
I don't think anybody's an authority on such questions, although while you're most likely free to say you're this and that, just be aware that if that (probably rare) topic comes up, most people may be confused naturally. If the emotional gain you get from it outweighs the potential confusing moments, I don't see why you couldn't say those things.
Yeah your right. It is a bit confusing even to me. I keep on thinking im genderfluid but that never sat right with me. It's good to say that im both just because it makes me the most comfortable. Thank you very much, hope you have a good and lovely day!
Old 03-25-2024, 09:08 PM   #35
Lights
owo
Head of Events Team
Event StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Quick questions

you can present yourself however you'd like. the categorizations of gender and sexuality exist as an attempt at helping people convey certain ideas about their identity to others, not as a rule of what one can and cannot be. if you exist slightly outside of established lines, so be it.
Old 03-25-2024, 11:59 PM   #36
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

Quote:
Quick questions

These two terms kind of contradict each other. If you are non-binary then you believe that your identity exists outside of the gender binary. To be bi-gender would mean that you identify with two genders. Those two genders would fall within the gender binary.

I think gender fluid might make more sense for how you are meaning the word? Or just non-binary

But that's just my personal take on the subject and it's totally up to you how you want to identify for yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline   Reply With Quote