Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2023, 10:41 AM   #1
Sourissette
FFR Player

Default Finally ntroducing myself after TWG

Hi!

About FFR :

I'm Hateandhatred childhood friend! Meaning that I'm from the province of Quebec, Canada.

I've known about FFR since uh maybe 14 years? 15 years? I remember playing when I was 15-16, maybe even before then, and I'm 30 now. It's even possible I had an account, long forgotten since... But I doubt I participated on the forums because I didn't speak English yet.

I also mostly played Stepmania around these years. Sometimes, I played so many hours, that I would see around go up my vision when I took bathroom breaks, and my wrist was painful

Despite this, I'm terrible. Really awful. I'm not even sure I understand how that whole think works outside of choosing the speed of the arrows and stuff. That said, I didn't play competitively but purely for fun.

I came back here very recently because Hateandhatred convinced me to participate to his TWG. I was reticent at first, I had no clue what I was getting into, but I ended up really enjoying it and everyone I spoke to during this event were awesome!

A bit about me :

I have a bachelor degree in International Studies and Foreign Languages. 1/3 of my degree was studying German (nice), 1/3 Japanese(yay), and 1/3 general international subjects like politics and economics(bleh).

I ended up pursuing that degree because I failed the entrance exam to become a French/English translator - oopsie

But in the end, it allowed me to do a 6 months exchange student program in Mannheim, Germany, and then do a 6 months working-holiday visa in Tokyo, Japan.

I enjoyed anime when I was a teenager, but I stopped when I studied for my degree and I got too busy. Around that time I had also joined a DnD club, I met people there I still hang out with and play DnD to this day. But I restarted watching anime afterwards when I started to more seriously study Japanese.

But my favorite TTRPG is Call of Cthulhu. I DM it mostly though. I love cosmic and existential horror.

I used to draw a lot. In fact, Hateandhatred can probably attest that this is what I was mostly known for in our hometown. I don't draw as much anymore but I'd like to pick up the hobby again.

So… yeah that’s about it! I don’t know if I’ll be active a lot but I’ve had a great time so far!
Sourissette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 07:26 AM   #2
Lambdadelta
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Finally ntroducing myself after TWG

Great introduction, It's always nice to learn about the players who are in the community, whether they've been here for years and flew under the radar, or are brand new to vsrgs entirely.

I've spoken to H&H a few times over the years and he seems like a great guy, I do believe I met him back in 2017 at Anime North in Toronto, Ontario.

I've never participated in TWG but I've played a similar game on other forums called Mafia, Town of Salem is apparently also the same concept but I've never played it.

Germany and Japan have always been of interest for me, I have a bit of German in my blood and I'm a huge weeb.
Old 01-30-2024, 06:12 PM   #3
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Finally ntroducing myself after TWG

Nice to see an official introduction from you. Welcome!
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote