Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #21
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
Network Security Analyst
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR Send a message via MSN to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
Default Re: Attention all steppers!

1. Have you been consulted by other steppers for your help?
Yes. Though it has been some time due to inactivity on my part.

2. If yes, how often have you been consulted for your assistance?
There was a time when I was consulted daily, there are also stretches where I was not consulted at all. Highly variable.

3. Out of those whom you have helped, how many are relatively new at stepping?
I would guess that about half the people I worked with were "new" to stepping.

4. Have you gave structured reviews to individuals and/or packs?
Yes, I judged for VGMP and VGMP2. I have also worked with individuals on specific files when asked, providing assistance as needed.

5. Have you submitted files on FFR?
Yes, Multiple files for widgits, no longer available, as well as a few in game songs. I have plans to submit more once I have a computer capable of running the programs without lagging.

6. Are you interested in reviewing submissions for FFR?
I am always interested in helping, not necessarily limited to reviewing. Currently it would be harder as I don't have a proper machine to do the work but I would be willing to make an effort. Hopefully, if everything works out, this issue should be resolved soon and I should no longer have any excuses, other than work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightdarkness
I'm light f**king darkness
Old 01-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #22
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

1. Yes, I've been asked for syncing and stepping techniques before.
2. Sporadically; I don't get asked for simfiling help much, but when it comes to hard files I have received quite a few requests to test out how extreme patterns/the file is.
3. Most of them were people who didn't have any files in FFR or were new to stepping. Probably around 3/4 were newbies, and others with some stepping experience.
4. Yes, I've broken down files before. I judged for one of Rebound's Vibrajacking Packs and gave some pretty detailed reviews, and I've also given feedback on harder files.
5. I have submitted a good amount of files to FFR. I currently have 12 files ingame which includes collaboration files, and 10 non-collab files.
6. Absolutely. If I get put into a position to review submissions for FFR, I will definitely be fair and give constructive feedback. I'm pretty lenient when it comes to technicality, and technicality only becomes a problem if it seriously ruins a file. I keep subjectivity to a minimum (song genre, stepper, etc).
Old 01-30-2012, 01:02 AM   #23
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Anybody else interested?
Old 01-30-2012, 01:23 AM   #24
Ziergdsx18
ℜ1 ステップチャート 著者
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Ziergdsx18 Send a message via MSN to Ziergdsx18 Send a message via Skype™ to Ziergdsx18

1. Yes.

2. Sporadically.

3. Uh, out of the few that have asked me for help I would say half.

4. Packs no, Individual files, yes, plenty, and by well known stepfile authors if I may add.
[e.g: Kommisar, leonid, Gundam-Dude, ect...]

5. Yes, I currently have 4 files in-game, one of them being a collaboration with Kommisar, another one in queue, and two awaiting reviews in the current batch.

6. Most definitely. I would love to offer any help I can.

| irc.rizon.net | #touhouradio - Come listen! |
Old 01-30-2012, 01:31 AM   #25
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
1. Have you been consulted by other steppers for your help? [yes/no]
Unfortunately, no. But this probably has something to do with me changing my alias several times.

Quote:
2. If yes, how often have you been consulted for your assistance? [regularly, sporadically, every day/week/month, etc.]
Cats.

Quote:
3. Out of those whom you have helped, how many are relatively new at stepping? [approximate ratio if possible - e.g. 3 out of 4 steppers are newbies]
Also cats.

Quote:
4. Have you gave structured reviews to individuals and/or packs? [yes/no]
Yes, I've reviewed at least 20 individual files and I've also judged for quite a few packs (RFPack is the biggest one, SMGCRP, FFRCP (briefly), Dubstep Minipack, FFRParty Pack).

Quote:
5. Have you submitted files on FFR? [yes/no] If any were accepted, how many files have you successfully stepped? [# of files]
iirc, I've sent three files. One was close to being accepted but I forgot to resubmit. My first was pretty dumb and my most recent was a bit too long.

Quote:
Honestly, yeah. I kind of looked up to the FFR judges when I was starting out as a simfile artist. I also know most of them currently, and I think I could bring a bit more quality to FFR. I'm not biased when it comes to music, and I've been making files for almost 6 years now. I know there are people that are better simfile artists than I am, but they either have no desire to judge or they are already judging lol.
Old 02-1-2012, 08:39 PM   #26
Elite Ninja
Kawaii Desu
Difficulty Consulting Cat
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Yes, but not necessarily for help but more for an opinion on their chart. Usually the person is a friend of mine or someone I talk to on skype.

2. If yes, how often have you been consulted for your assistance? [regularly, sporadically, every day/week/month, etc.]
I am usually asked atleast once every week to test someones chart.

3. Out of those whom you have helped, how many are relatively new at stepping? [approximate ratio if possible - e.g. 3 out of 4 steppers are newbies]
1 out of 4

I just recently started trying to make my own structured reviews for charts. So I am at practice right now.

5. Have you submitted files on FFR? [yes/no] If any were accepted, how many files have you successfully stepped? [# of files]
Yes. I have 1 file on FFR and another one being queued. I plan on getting more in-game. Outside of FFR I have made many charts just waiting to be added to other engines or packs etc.

I am interested and have the time to do so, but I do not think that I would do a good job as of right now since I am still practicing. I do look forward to how far I might come in the future though.

Last edited by Elite Ninja; 02-1-2012 at 08:42 PM..
Old 02-1-2012, 08:55 PM   #27
gnr61
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to gnr61

Yes

There was a time when it was very frequent, now less so since my activity in the stepping community has diminished (mostly due to hiatus between 2009-2011)

3. Out of those whom you have helped, how many are relatively new at stepping?
Well, about everyone I recall helping test files back in the day is now a well-established stepartist so \o/
Currently it's probably right around 50/50

I've judged for FFRCP, ran and was sole judge for FFRCP2 and judged for DCP (and like to think I played a key administrative role in finally getting the damn thing released). Also provided detailed Beta notes for Xoon 5 prior to release; and just recently playtested and provided notes for Mina's Minimegapack 3 before its release today (+1 for diversity of file experience)

I've got one file in the game (CCCP), sadly an SM conversion and kind of a silly chart. My bad habit is I'll step a chart meaning for it to go in FFR, then get finicky and add freezes and give it to an SM pack instead :>

hell yeah 8)

Last edited by gnr61; 02-1-2012 at 08:57 PM..
Old 04-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #28
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

I don't know if I have to write this, but oh well. At least, it'll be done, just in case.

1. YES
2. About weekly, but I don't have credit. Just look at my sig xP
3. I'd say about 4/5 are new to stepping
4. Always.
5. Yes, 10 files in-game so far.
6. OF COURSE. I know I was very subjective in the past, but the more I judge, the more I learn how to look for errors and not just for how the file feels like. I like to help people to spot their mistakes and to help them making the best chart possible for a given song... even though it can be hard at times (there are so many ways to step a single song...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Old 04-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #29
00Razor00
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 00Razor00 Send a message via Skype™ to 00Razor00

I thought this was just used for applications, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus
Old 04-13-2012, 03:29 PM   #30
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Why was this bumped...

Applications are long closed.
Closed Thread