Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 01:24 PM   #201
Belugawhales
I was BORN THIS WAY baby!
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Hammy's Subscription Giveaway

Um, I think I should get one because.. I've been an FFR member for like 1.5 yrs and never gotten a sub, which is sort of pathetic. FFR rank 149 with no subscription kind of rocks dont you think?
Old 08-26-2008, 01:39 PM   #202
master q60
Aka Shinboro
FFR Veteran

i think i deserve one because i know when you buy one it helps out the site and i really really love this site and i want it to keep going for a LOT of years. and i really love subbies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite- View Post
I have a MAJOR problem with you. So ask me if I care. Stop whining.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:48 PM   #203
rsr2
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl
FFR Veteran

You love me more than Silvuh.

(Just for the funny post )
Old 08-26-2008, 03:47 PM   #204
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Bah, I think I'll just go through the reasons today and select people. If I don't find enough decent attempts, however, I may lessen the amount of subscriptions I'll be giving away. Any excess subscriptions will be given away to people outside of this thread who I feel deserve one from personal experience.

So, uhh...cross your fingers/nuts and hope you get one!
Old 08-26-2008, 03:52 PM   #205
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

i tried to cross my nuts
it ****ing hurt
Old 08-26-2008, 03:58 PM   #206
R3v0lut10nm4st3r11
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Wow thanks Hammy for this. Ok my reason.

If you look at my account the time is around 4 months, thats not true. About 2 years ago i found this website called ffr. I had been playing DDR for a while and i had gotten pretty good at it(playing heavy song while your 13 is harder than it looks XD). I thought this was a great idea and loved it. I played it for about a year on index and was pretty decent, at least i thought. I ended up forgeting about FFR for around 6 months. I decided to come back on after a while but couldn't remember my pass, so i created this account.

Now for recent stuff. About 1 month ago, i saw that everybody was playing spread. I asked about it and somebody told me to change me keys to ASKL. After 3 days, i was fc FMO's(could barely fc challengings back then). But anyway now onto my main reason.

When the ffr tourney started up, it looked like a blast and i wanted to play. After learning i was in d2 i thought that i might make it far but it was only a goal rather than something that would actually happen. Well.....I got 3 goods on bricks (4 was the cutoff), 2 goods on sword strike(2 was cutoff) and before i knew it, i was in the vrofl round. After a few tries on infinity 301 i got a blackflag. I was so excited i thought i had pulled off the unthinkable by getting vrofl, then someone got an AAA, then another, then another, and before long there was 8 AAA's. I was so desperate i tried everything to get that AAA, i even tried to cheat just to get that AAA, but i never got it. 1 good from vrofl, it was heartbreaking, but i was glad that i had gotten that far.

My reason why i would like a subby would be so that i can experience the extra part of FFR and finally feel like i made it somewhere.

Top 3 finishes

2nd Place-Can you Beat Dragon's Fury Tournament (expert)
2nd Place-Dragon Fury's Team Tournament (advanced)
3rd Place-Phantom/Slayer Rock Fest (advanced)

This might be the stupidest comment I have ever heard in my life.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:00 PM   #207
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

your sig's huge
Old 08-26-2008, 04:03 PM   #208
R3v0lut10nm4st3r11
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsona View Post
your sig's huge
Its a little bit big for the width, it was the first sig i made I LIKE IT OK!
Lol sorry for that....

Top 3 finishes

2nd Place-Can you Beat Dragon's Fury Tournament (expert)
2nd Place-Dragon Fury's Team Tournament (advanced)
3rd Place-Phantom/Slayer Rock Fest (advanced)

This might be the stupidest comment I have ever heard in my life.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:07 PM   #209
jump_the_bullet
Oh you fancy, huh?
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jump_the_bullet Send a message via MSN to jump_the_bullet Send a message via Skype™ to jump_the_bullet

subbys gone

and i always help to try and help out the community. i usually just never get to whatever it is someone needs help on in time to do anything about it. meaning someone beat me there yadda yadda. but i always help out people in MP instead of chastising them for being noobs. thats about all can ever do to help.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:36 PM   #210
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong

After looking over things, I have six (possibly seven) people in mind. That number could increase or decrease, but I still am going to look over things a few more times. Out of those six/seven, though, I've decided on four people that will definitely receive a subscription.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention that I did give one subscription to Destiny a couple days ago. The guy has done a ton for the community and has been a really nice person during his stay here. He went through a huge misfortune lately, and it was the least I could do as a friend and as a way to recognize what he has done to help out everyone here. That leaves me 11 subscriptions to give away within this thread. That doesn't seem like a problem at this point with only having seven possible people in mind so far.

Last edited by HammyMcSquirrel; 08-26-2008 at 04:40 PM..
Old 08-26-2008, 04:37 PM   #211
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

Old 08-26-2008, 04:56 PM   #212
WolfXhunter
Forum User

:< Im scared now. Lol
Old 08-26-2008, 04:59 PM   #213
Gilly G
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

"Good afternoon people, it is 4 o'clock sharp, and we bring you the News. But first, a minute of weather in your local area with Sharon Fittiga."

"Thank you Jeff. Today we bring you rain! Be wary of grail in the northern regions, and tornado warnings have been issued in the east. The west have it easy for now, but the anti cyclone coming in will bring rain for the next 4 days! Temperatures will be a mighty low of 63 degrees, but it should rise in the coming week. Don't forget your umbrellas! Back to you Jeff."

"Thank you Sharon. We'll start with the headers! Today, September 26th 2008 is a special day, so there will only be one thing worth mentioning today. A boy has been found on an island unknown to man before this day. Apparently he would have disappeared a couple of years ago in a mysterious plane crash and his body had not been found. Authorities had declared him deceased, yet as of today, this is not true anymore. We bring you live to this Island, now called Coconut Isle, where Gilly himself explains what happened and how he survived. Jeffrey Thompson."

"Thank you Jeff. I am now standing on the sandy shore of Coconut Isle, symbolised by the many coconut trees you can see behind me, and it is very hot here. Right next to me here is the one and only Gilly, intact after these many rough years surviving in the harsh climate this island has to offer. So tell us Gilly, how exactly did you wind up here?"

"I'm not exactly sure. At first the plane was falling, myself clutching the seat in front of me hoping it would serve as protection, then everything went black. When I woke up, i was lying on the sandy beach here, where we stand, completely unscathed. I thought I was in heaven at first, but the feel of the water made me think otherwise. I still don't understand how I could have made it out, nor do I know what happened with the plane and the other people on board. But what I do know is that someone up there was looking after me. I thank him eternally for it."

"I think I know who it is, I think it's HammyMcSquirrel. Who else would have brought me to this island full of nuts. Seriously, there are walnuts, butternuts, hickory, pecan, chestnuts, beech, oak acorns, tan oaks, hazel, filbert, hornbeam, birch, alder and especially coconuts! I thought I was going nuts at first! Even squirrels live here! That's what made me think it was HammyMcSquirrel."

"Tell us Gilly, who exactly is this 'Hammer Mick Squirtle'?"

"Haha, it's 'HammyMcSquirrel'. Who is he? He is a human. He is an angel. He is a god. But essentially, he is my saviour, and I love him for it. If you're seeing this right now HammyMcSquirrel, then hear this: Thank you for saving me. I owe you my life. I'd give anything to meet you face to face and just hug you with all my might!"

"Haha, what a great guy that Hammer is!" So tell us, how exactly did you survive on this island for so long?"

"Easy! I read in a book that you could live on an island by eating and drinking coconuts only! So that's what I did. I didn't have much of a choice, but it was enough to live. Actually, during my whole stay here, I never felt better. I think Hammy brought me here to show me what nuts are all about. And I must say I learned quite a lot about them!"

"Care to share some of that info with us?"

"Sure! First, did you know that inside a coconut isn't milk, but coconut water. The milk is made by boiling the white meat with water and straining it, and then boiling it again. The cream you get is coconut milk. Coconut water is excellent for curing hangovers! It's full of vitamins and minerals and has the same balance of salt as human blood! Hear that kids? Drink up your coconut milk! It's good for you. Also, coconut in early Sanskrit texts is referred to as kalpa vriksha, meaning the tree that fulfills all needs. And indeed it did. All thanks to you Hammy!"

"So what do you expect to do now that you can go home again?"

"Obviously I'll go to my family - oh how I miss them so much - but afterwards, I want to go on my computer and play FFR! Just today, I was thinking about playing FFR, and the next minute, I spot a helicopter coming straight for this island! I think Hammy sensed my need to play FFR and, just as he brought me to this island, he also brought the helicopter that would bring me back."

"FFR! What a great game. Do you think Hammy has any surprises waiting for you yet again?"

"Hm, that's a funny question. But I do. I think, just as he brought me to this island, and just as he brought the helicopter here, he'll sense my need to play FFR and give me a 3-month subscription."

"Hot damn! That Hammy is always brightening up our world and putting smiles on faces. Well looks like we're out of time folks. This was Jeffrey Thompson on Coconut Isle, back to you Jeff."

"And with that, we conclude the news. Be sure to check tonight at 8 o'clock sharp for tonight's reports. Before letting you go, we bring you the quote of the day."

'If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream. - Barry Goldwater
Old 08-26-2008, 05:52 PM   #214
Redorigami
Call me Massive Swallow
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Redorigami Send a message via MSN to Redorigami Send a message via Yahoo to Redorigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfXhunter View Post
:< Im scared now. Lol
This.
Also just had a ****ty day in general today, hope it's not another contest I lose to top the day off.
/late guilt trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadNv View Post
Got dibs on La Camp.
Oh right, Im not any good.
Got dibs on Pita.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:57 PM   #215
WolfXhunter
Forum User

:< im agreeing with Redorigami
lol
Old 08-26-2008, 05:59 PM   #216
Quigly
nah
FFR Veteran

I doubt I'm gonna win with all these really good reasons. Oh well. Hope who ever wins enjoys their subby. ^-^
Old 08-26-2008, 06:43 PM   #217
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong

3-Month Subscription Winners:
While some may have had deeper reasons than others, I found enough support and effort out of these people to give them a subscription. Personal experience in seeing these people around the site may have helped in my final decision.

Breakdown16
Clipso
Crashfan3
Go_Oilers_Go
Gundam-Dude
hi19hi19
MrMagic5239
Redorigami
WolfXhunter

Honorable Mentions:
Your reason was pretty close but needed more to it. That, and/or I saw a certain desperation within your post. =P Either way, these people will be awarded 10k credits each from me.

8 Hour Whore
robertsona
thehunter1117

Quigly

The reason why I didn't hand out all 12 within this thread is because any reasons after these people were way too similar or just...lacking too much effort/support and/or something to make it unique. Another reason why you may not have been chosen was because you had a subscription at the time of the post or very close to that time. Despite it ending soon, you still had the experience of being subscribed recent enough.

The remaining subscriptions will be given to people I'll select outside of this thread. As of now, Emerald can send out these subscriptions to you guys when he gets the time. Thanks for participating!

Btw, I'll decide who gets credits for the funniest post later tonight. I'll accept any posts for that up until I post my decision.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:44 PM   #218
Redorigami
Call me Massive Swallow
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Redorigami Send a message via MSN to Redorigami Send a message via Yahoo to Redorigami

Sexy as ****.
I love you Hammy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadNv View Post
Got dibs on La Camp.
Oh right, Im not any good.
Got dibs on Pita.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:45 PM   #219
Quigly
nah
FFR Veteran

Aw I didn't get a subby...but I still got 10k credits so I'm happy.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:45 PM   #220
WolfXhunter
Forum User

yes <3 i feel the love!
Lets hug Redorigami! in victory xD:>
Closed Thread