Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-5-2016, 08:25 AM   #1
DDRNGGin
FFR Player

Default Rhythm Universe [Submissions [color=green]OPEN[/color]]

[Insert Pack Graphic (Coming soon)]

Hello, world and all who inhabit it! I am DDRNGGin, and I am here to announce that I am planning to release a Community Project pack called "Rhythm Universe."

What is Rhythm Universe, and what does a Community based pack mean?

Rhythm Universe is a Community based pack that includes songs that are from many major Rhythm Games. But, what is a Community based pack? That means, the entire Rhythm Gaming community gets to submit songs/files to create a pack. However, with every Community based Pack, there are a set of rules:

1. All submissions/songs must come from a major rhythm game or series. Here is the list:

- Dance Dance Revolution (Any songs that are currently in the Dance Dance Revolution series at the time of this post must contain a fifth difficulty and Beginner Charts, if applicable.)

- In the Groove (You must rewrite and make your own charts and must be different enough from the ITG Official Charts.)

- Flash Flash Revolution (Only songs/submissions that are known to be remixes of Dance Dance Revolution songs will be judged and evaluated carefully and as detailed as possible.)

- Pump It Up (K-Pop songs are automatically rejected due to copyright/license issues. Pump It Up Originals are okay.)

- Beatmania

- Jubeat

- Reflec Beat

- Drummania

- Gitadora

- CrossXBeat

2. Each submission must contain a Beginner, Basic, Difficult, and Expert chart. Challenge and Edit charts are optional, but may be added if deemed necessary.

3. All charts must feel like, look like, and play as a DDR pad chart. This means that Shock Arrows for Challenge charts only will be allowed. Random standalone mines on any difficulty, ITG Pad charts, and Keyboard charts will automatically be rejected.

4. For all submissions, songs should not be any shorter than about 1 minute and 30 seconds, but no longer than 2 minutes and 30 seconds, but exceptions may or may not be given.

5. All submission should contain a banner, jacket, and background, and an optional CD Title. A set will be provided if submission does not have them.

My goal is to have over 100 submissions, but, only the top 40-60 files/submissions (or more if we get more than about 150 submissions) will be featured in the Rhythm Universe Pack. The submission phase will end on Friday, July 29, 2016! If you are interested in helping me judge some submission, make graphics for approved submissions, or have any questions, let me know.

Email for submitting Rhythm Universe Files to: dancedancerevolutionru.ng@gmail.com

Playstyle: Index

Current Level / Division: Level 73 (Division 5)

Highest AAA/PFC: Flight of the Bumblebee (Difficulty 80)

Highest Blackflag: AIM Anthem (Difficulty 76)

Highest SDG: Choprite [3-0-0-1] (Difficulty 70)

Highest FC (Non-mashed): BB Revenge [14-1-0-3] (Difficulty 80)

Last edited by DDRNGGin; 03-5-2016 at 03:31 PM.. Reason: Needed to add email link for sending submitting files for the pack
DDRNGGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-5-2016, 09:00 AM   #2
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Kraezymann
Default Re: Rhythm Universe [Submissions [color=green]OPEN[/color]]

If you are not allowing the use of DDR and ITG music because it is already being used as pad files, you might want to make that part a bit more clear. Right now it just looks like you want to have a rhythm game pack of pad files from all the major games (excluding DDR/ITG) which would make it sort of silly not to include DDR and ITG since those games are the reason a lot of us are here.

Submit to this -
Kraezymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-5-2016, 09:35 AM   #3
DDRNGGin
FFR Player

Default Re: Rhythm Universe [Submissions [color=green]OPEN[/color]]

Okay. I will allow DDR songs for the submission, but, a fifth difficulty is required. And as far as ITG songs go, if the submitted charts you created (Must rewrite and make at 4 charts) are different enough from the ITG Official charts, I will compare and determine if the submission gets accepted or rejected.
Thanks for the advice.

Also, any songs from the Project New Generation Pack will also be rejected.

EDIT: I almost forgot to put Cross X Beats as one of the rhythm games you can use if you want to step some songs from that game for Rhythm Universe.

Playstyle: Index

Current Level / Division: Level 73 (Division 5)

Highest AAA/PFC: Flight of the Bumblebee (Difficulty 80)

Highest Blackflag: AIM Anthem (Difficulty 76)

Highest SDG: Choprite [3-0-0-1] (Difficulty 70)

Highest FC (Non-mashed): BB Revenge [14-1-0-3] (Difficulty 80)

Last edited by DDRNGGin; 03-5-2016 at 03:31 PM.. Reason: Reclarification of the pack rules.
DDRNGGin is offline   Reply With Quote