Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
HoneyMelonCalibrator
Arrow Theory™
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to HoneyMelonCalibrator Send a message via MSN to HoneyMelonCalibrator
Default Re: Is it wrong to be gay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookG View Post
No, I didn't do a proper job of writing the thoughts out; I hadn't had any coffee yet.

I'm going to barebone this argument for the sake of simplification.

Being smart can be an evolutionary advantage, or a disadvantage. It means you often take more risks. Try new things, like drugs, or ridiculously dangerous recreational sports, which can lead to death. let's just leave it at that. So it's not always a good thing, right? They are also tons of intelligent people who squander it. Pretty much a waste of themselves.

Well, who is to say being gay is different than being smart? There is choice implied in this argument. Not the choice of being gay, but the choice of using what sets you apart to either positively or negatively impact your life.

"**** happens to everyone. It's how we deal with it that makes us who we are."

You can be gay and hate yourself for it because others tell you to, or be gay and not give a ****. The only wrong I see is being gay and letting others fool you into believing you're subhuman.

Does this clear things up?
Yeah, that clears things up. That's also a pretty interesting take on the subject.
諸行無常の響あり。
娑羅雙樹の花の色、
盛者必衰のことわりをあらはす。
おごれる人も久しからず、
唯春の夜の夢のごとし。
たけき者も遂にほろびぬ、
偏に風の前の塵に同じ。
HoneyMelonCalibrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

I've heard theories that our nutrition is making girls reach puberty faster, something about the amount of fat in our diets. I would certainly believe that being malnourished would hold back puberty, so maybe its just that people aren't malnourished. Also I'm pretty sure most bodily processes can be affected by psychology.
I really don't think media causes people to be immature. Its that people don't have as many responsibilities, which in turn causes people to spend their time doing what some might consider immature things.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-6-2010, 01:51 PM   #3
TimeShaper
FFR Player

You can suppress the pedophile inside you, and yet, you can't help being homosexual?
TimeShaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-7-2010, 02:22 PM   #4
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeShaper View Post
You can suppress the pedophile inside you, and yet, you can't help being homosexual?
Pedophilia and homosexuality are quite obviously just as different as the concepts of gender and age. There is nothing to compare between those two different types of attractions.

Pedophilia is more of a physical attraction while homosexuality is more emotional. Love doesn't have to be sexual.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-7-2010, 01:55 PM   #5
fido123
FFR Player

It's wrong to have sex with a kid for quite a few reasons but why is it wrong for a man to have sex with another man? Plus I think pedophilia majority of the time is more a lust based physical attraction where a lot of gay people are gay because simply put they can love another person of the same gender more easily.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-7-2010, 03:28 PM   #6
Andrew Mitchell
Banned
FFR Veteran

i've always wondered does the female/male form (depending which) make gay people uncomfortable
Andrew Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-7-2010, 07:56 PM   #7
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Mitchell View Post
i've always wondered does the female/male form (depending which) make gay people uncomfortable
I'm gay and I don't find anything unattractive about the female body other than the apparent taste/smell of the vagina. A lot of gays though, I find only say their repulsed by the female body because they've just got it so drilled into their head that their gay that they have to think women are repulsive, or even hate everything about women in some cases. Honestly, physically in general I think a male body has a higher chance of being repulsive than a female body. I think most gays are gay due to emotional reasons, but there are those who just really like the male body.

Personally I'm a 5-6 on the Kinsey scale (scale of gayness), and I don't really think there is a true 0 or 6, but it's obvious why people who are 1 act like they're 0, I would too. There's a lot of crap you have to deal with dating somebody of the same sex involving other people, and internally in your own mind. I've dated a few guys but I've found a girl I'm perusing so maybe I can start a family with her and I like her a lot, but most girls would drive me INSANE if I had to date them. So getting back to the point, because I love this girl (not love love but you know), and she has a pretty nice body, I am in fact quite physically attracted to her.
Old 12-7-2010, 03:35 PM   #8
gnr61
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to gnr61

it really doesn't matter if the love is physical vs. "emotional." i don't think its in the least a stretch to posit that gay people are probably -sexually- attracted to people of the same gender. the point of the pedophilia comparison is to illustrate two apparently inborn sexual preferences, one of which we are extremely uncomfortable condoning.

it is important to distinguish, though, the difference between pedophilia, and having sex with children. the attraction in and of itself is not harmful. having sex with children -is- harmful. we have a tendency to assume the very worst of anyone with a predilection for youthful qualities (a preference i imagine is present to some degree in a lot more people than we acknowledge), because we are aware of the repercussions caused by acting on that predilection.

homosexuality, on the other hand, is neither harmful in thought nor practice. it involves (presumably) two consenting adults and is not the business of the state or anyone else. it really is that simple. the choice vs. non-choice debate (aside from revealing how glaringly misinformed many people are) is pretty irrelevant but somehow that becomes the central issue every time the topic comes up
Old 12-7-2010, 07:24 PM   #9
spring25960
Banned

I think it wasn't your fault if you are a gay(or lesbian), for that's also a natural feeling.
I have a fellow student who is a gay too,but I like him very much and back him up as a powerful gay~
spring25960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-7-2010, 09:36 PM   #10
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

"Pedophilia is more of a physical attraction while homosexuality is more emotional. Love doesn't have to be sexual."

Why? Evidence besides own opinion?
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-7-2010, 09:40 PM   #11
fido123
FFR Player

I'm not saying every-case, and I'm not very educated on the subject of pedophilia but it just seems logical and safe to say that most pedophiles are after more sexual things rather than a relationship. If somebody can prove me wrong please do as I'm not coming up with this conclusion "properly", but I feel safe sticking to that. You have anything to say to sway me?

Last edited by fido123; 12-7-2010 at 09:43 PM..
Old 12-9-2010, 10:57 PM   #12
Yieldsign
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
I'm not saying every-case, and I'm not very educated on the subject of pedophilia but it just seems logical and safe to say that most pedophiles are after more sexual things rather than a relationship. If somebody can prove me wrong please do as I'm not coming up with this conclusion "properly", but I feel safe sticking to that. You have anything to say to sway me?
the terms "homosexuality" and "pedophilia" actual refer explicitly to physical attraction. That's not to say that there isn't some emotional connotation to the term homosexual, but as far as the facts go...

And you can't rule out the fact that many pedophiles indeed LOVE children. Even if it's inappropriate and we can't condone it, it's not our place to say that their love isn't in anyway "real." The parallels between homosexuality and pedophilia may be unwanted and frightening, but the fact remains that they exist. I don't think anyone who truly examines the situation critically would condemn pedophiles as EVIL or even IMMORAL insofar as they can't really choose their condition - but nonetheless their attractions are very damaging to their objects and it can't be allowed, in a social context.

This is mainly why I pity the pedophile, because his plight is certainly a terrible one. Not necessarily born with, but conditioned to have taboo attractions - wouldn't that be a terrible existence? It's a tough subject though; there isn't really any clear resolution. I think that's mirrored in the murkiness of the legal system's take on pedophilia. The flawed sex offender registry, etc - but of course, we still need such institutions.

What do we do about pedophilia?

I DUnno L0l
Yieldsign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-7-2010, 10:04 PM   #13
agonist
FFR Player

Yes, now kill yaself

kidding.
agonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2010, 11:26 PM   #14
fido123
FFR Player

I thought I didn't get my point across properly. I agree with everything you say but I firmly believe that more homo's are homo's for emotional attraction that pedo's are pedo's for emotional attraction. There defiantly are pedophiles who legitimately love children, and I have sympathy for them along with the one who just find kids hawt, but they still shouldn't act upon it for the sole reason because generally, kids aren't old enough to make such a decision. It's not because the sex itself is harmful, it's just society will make that child when he/she grows up feel extreamly violated and regretful. That's a whole other subject there though.

And on the other hand homosexuality has no rational negative consequences.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:19 AM   #15
justaguy
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to justaguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
I thought I didn't get my point across properly. I agree with everything you say but I firmly believe that more homo's are homo's for emotional attraction that pedo's are pedo's for emotional attraction. There defiantly are pedophiles who legitimately love children, and I have sympathy for them along with the one who just find kids hawt, but they still shouldn't act upon it for the sole reason because generally, kids aren't old enough to make such a decision. It's not because the sex itself is harmful, it's just society will make that child when he/she grows up feel extreamly violated and regretful. That's a whole other subject there though.

And on the other hand homosexuality has no rational negative consequences.
honestly dude you spelled definitely "defiantly" in this post and the first post in this thread, how can you go a year at your age without knowing that those are two different words? holy ****
Old 12-10-2010, 11:17 AM   #16
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
honestly dude you spelled definitely "defiantly" in this post and the first post in this thread, how can you go a year at your age without knowing that those are two different words? holy ****
Coming from the one who tries to make fun of a serious topic in the correct forum by posting it in his siggy. Get out if you don't have anything serious to say, this isn't the place for idiot trolls like yourself. I'm just going to take a shot in the dark and say you haven't read the majority of this thread. Maybe you should do that before you go and mock it.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:21 AM   #17
Rubin0
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
Coming from the one who tries to make fun of a serious topic in the correct forum by posting it in his siggy. Get out if you don't have anything serious to say, this isn't the place for idiot trolls like yourself. I'm just going to take a shot in the dark and say you haven't read the majority of this thread. Maybe you should do that before you go and mock it.
+1
Old 12-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #18
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by super kid View Post
surprised this isn't locked. is it still a day ban for saying "in before lock?"
Why should it be? Besides for justaguy most of the posts have been well within the rules and

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
I catch myself often messing up those two words but I'd read a post with one word spent incorrectly than an entire post about that single word so you can try to feel intelligent or something. Don't bother posting that crap cause nobody gives a ****.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:46 AM   #19
super kid
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to super kid Send a message via Yahoo to super kid

surprised this isn't locked. is it still a day ban for saying "in before lock?"
super kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:42 AM   #20
Without A Contraceptive
FFR Player