Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > Brag Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2013, 10:52 PM   #1
Staiain
Can't handle my ÆØÅ
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Staiain Send a message via MSN to Staiain Send a message via Skype™ to Staiain
Default Your top 5 accomplishments 2013? (FFR/SM/ITG/DDR/osu!)

I'll start with mine (have videos for all of them )

1. The others - AA
Could still be my best speed/stamina score for years to come, probably won't top this. To put it in perspective no other player has scored even A or higher on this yet.

2. TOML 1.6x - AA
Always had fun playing TOML but AA'ing 1.6 was really hard, but I managed to do so twice in a row and get it on video. Might work on 1.7x in the future

3. Disregard 1.3x - AA
So close... yet so far... but not anymore, finally nailed this mother******

4. RATO 19g FC (ffr)
Since I don't play much ffr this was really cool for me

5. Freedom Dive FC (nonstop stream osu version)
Although it's not ffr/sm this is on this list because even after more than half a year noone has done this still,
including the very top players in the game, so I'm somewhat proud.

Post yours and appreciate this year's hard earned accomplishments

Last edited by Staiain; 12-29-2013 at 10:54 PM..
Staiain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:01 PM   #2
Wafles
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Wafles
Default Re: Your top 5 accomplishments 2013? (FFR/SM/osu!)

idk about top 5 but I just got this today so I guess I'll post it here lol

bad MA = low %
Wafles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:28 PM   #3
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

This is more of a top 5 of how much these achievements mean to me more than how good the scores are, but here you go:

5. Hatebreeder [Oni] AA
I got this pretty early in the year (April), but it's my only AA on it and this has been a file that I've played for practice for quite a while a year or so back. The fact that the score is rather clean makes it better, too.

4. Gate Openerz 1.2x 11 CBs
My first AA on this was in June or so, with around 30 CBs. I haven't AA'd this since, until the end of the year. I really didn't expect to get this score, I'd be happy with just high teens CBs. 11 CBs is really solid, the MA/PA makes the score definitely puts it in the top 5 for me.

3. Gigadelic 1.2x AA
One of my favourite scores, Gigadelic has been nothing but hell for me until towards the second half of the year, when the file started to make a lot more sense than it used to. I initially tried to get a SDG/SDCB/near DDP score on 1.1, which never happened. I did all of them on separate runs, but it's too much hassle to really get the perfect run on 1.1. I played 1.2 instead, it was pretty frustrating to pull off, I was stuck at 88%-89% for the longest time because I kept running out of stamina towards the end. Managed to get this after some time, was pretty happy.

2. RATO 22-2-3-12 (FFR)
I've been trying to break into the 30s on this for a very long time... I've probably put 1,500 tries (including restarts) onto RATO, my good count on RATO progressively went down from low 100s, to 90s, to 70s, to 50s, to 40s... then I got this. Although I did a couple of mistakes in that run, it's still a feat for me since it's a file that I've been trying to get good PA on for time longer than I'm actually proud of boasting.

1. We Luv Lama [Oni] 1.2x AA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace
i pose to u a simple question...

if u do not play we luv llama 1.2

how will u aa we luv llama 1.2???
I've trying to get this for 2 years.. I've been stuck at 75%-85% for so long. When I got this AA it was probably the happiest I've ever been in a Stepmania session. This is more of a milestone of how far I've come in terms of stamina/speed more than anything, but I don't think I have any other score that I'm more proud of than this.

I see my achievements not just as 'AAing hard shit' but kinda like a self-affirmation and reward for my hard work.. all the times I've CB rushed Corporal Jigsaw Quandary 1.2 and Gravity Blast 1.3... all paid off now.

Last edited by EzExZeRo7497; 12-30-2013 at 04:47 AM..
EzExZeRo7497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:34 PM   #4
Fantasticone
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Gate Openerz 1.1x AA. this is my more recent one but I was happy to do it. 1.2 in 2014?

LHC AA. Took no effort, but I didn't know what to expect other then not a AA.

Unorthodox Red FC. Really wanted the FC.

Wish I Had Angel A. This is maybe replaceable hehe, will if I can think of something better.

Lets FIghting Love A. I gave up attempting to AA it but I heard it didn't have many.

Last edited by Fantasticone; 12-29-2013 at 11:40 PM..
Fantasticone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:12 AM   #5
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

My top 5 accomplishments were all from 2010-2012, which was my prime. Wish I could achieve scores like these again.

5. Visitor - 4 Perfect AAA
I feel that hardly anyone will understand how insane of a perfect count this is for a chart like Patashu's Visitor. It may look easy if you're just looking at the chart, but when you're playing it yourself, it is MUCH more intimidating than you would expect. It's completely relentless throughout with jumpstream, minijacks, solos, a few bursts to throw you off, etc. This chart requires really good consistency to even get an SDP.

4. Psicicite - 11 Perfect AAA
This chart is insanely hard to be accurate on due to the amount of bursts. Just like Visitor, this is relentless throughout, but with many 32nd minibursts and a lot of holds. An SDP has always been a goal for me but I could never seem to achieve this, no matter how much I persisted.

3. ==Planet KARMA== - 10 Perfect AAA
A notorious chart within the community, so it should be self-explanatory of what it's like. This requires a lot of consistency and great timing with color notes.

2. 1hr 54min JS Challenge - 78984/955/30/5/1/10
This was the first time and the only time I played this chart, never again. It probably shouldn't be considered an accomplishment since I basically wasted almost 2 hours playing something incredibly stupid. But anyway, sub-1000 perfects and 30 greats is pretty insane for something like this. At the time that I achieved this score, I had a problem with screenshots as Stepmania 5 did not want to actually save them, leaving me with a blank folder. Luckily, I got this on an old SMO server.

1. The Medley of Pokemon - 42 Perfects + 1 Good
...let me tell you how ball-breaking it was at where I got the good. The very fucking ending. Well, rather the last (50th) part of the huge medley. Just an absolute letdown and makes me want to go back to attempt to AAA this again. Anyway, this chart clocks in at 26 minutes and 28 seconds (here it is for reference) and the only part worth mentioning is 18:52 which is 240 BPM 16th jumpstream, it can do a number on your accuracy if you're not careful. The whole chart is incredibly nerve-wracking to even achieve this kind of accuracy. Props to leonid for charting this song, it's absolutely perfect for something that's 26~ minutes long.

Last edited by AlexDest; 12-30-2013 at 12:31 AM..
AlexDest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:15 AM   #6
xAlphaWolf
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to xAlphaWolf Send a message via Skype™ to xAlphaWolf

i got oni

got better at js

that

improved a bit on speed ( pay attention only to the beggining, my major issue in the game is my stamina. )

scored good on this

/// i am d4.

o
| (\ ∧_∧ | ) 3rd Place / Division 3 / badman7772's Tournament of Darkness REBORN!
ヽ ヽ`( `o´ )/ノ/ 18th Place / Division 3 / 8th Official Tournament
 \ | ⌒Y⌒ / / 3rd Place / Division 4 / Red Blaster's Timebomb Tournament!
  |ヽ  |  ノ/
  \トー仝ーイ
   | ミ土彡/
xAlphaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:26 AM   #7
ilikexd
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

started playing sm october last year, and got these all around may-august of 2013, then had to quit because of carpal tunnel syndrome. would love to come back one day but don't think i can.

ilikexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:42 AM   #8
GammaBlaster
FFR Player

I'm unable to organize mine into a top 5, so a selection of 5 will do.

FFR: Extratone Pirates (Drunk Optimus Remix) AAA

One of my first (and currently only) FSO AAAs on FFR right now. This was an unexpected run for me. File plays into all of my strengths, making this feel like a high FGO instead. Had I not gotten that AAA, I probably would've been doomed with a blackflag.

FFR: Playing Super Mario World While Taking Mushrooms AAA

This was also an unexpected AAA, considering that there's 2 areas I generally screw up on (the awful glut transition at around ~1100 and the ending). The ending is easy to AAA for me, but it's super nerve-wrecking after nailing that first awful transition.

FFR: Revolutionary Etude missflag

This was pretty painful to look at. I got it at a reasonable spot where I would usually lose control completely. This was a random run, too. I have no courage to even fix this score at all because the run was a complete fluke and I don't think I'll be able to pull it off again.

FFR: Rave 7 blackflag

Guess where I got the blackflag. That's right. At the beginning of the file. Did you expect it to be at the end? I usually stuff up at around 1000-1300. Also painful to watch. Like Revolutionary Etude, I have no will to fix this.

SM: Mei SDP

Self-explanatory. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to AAAA any file at all since I still a have a habit of getting dumb perfect at the most random spots.

GammaBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:53 AM   #9
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

My signature is my entire top 5 for the last 7 years.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:57 AM   #10
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

my biggest accomplishment for this year is playing for more than 5 minutes
Old 12-30-2013, 01:13 AM   #11
Poison-
Nope
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Your top 5 accomplishments 2013? (FFR/SM/ITG/DDR/osu!)

Keeping myself interested in this game long enough to make it as far in the official as I did. Heh.
Poison- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:59 AM   #12
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

1. Rave 7 60-12-0-24
2. Breakbeat Acid 7-0-0-4
3. Jamais Vu 126-30-0-69
4. Almost There 35-2-0-14
5. Extratone Pirates (Drunk Optimus Remix) 87-46-0-77

Last edited by Hakulyte; 12-30-2013 at 02:06 PM..
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:09 AM   #13
xxXitsunexx
FFR Player

Well this is an interesting topic
I'm not really that amazing in StepMania compared to other guys but I did have some good scores this year (besides my SM hiatus lol)
Don't have all my screenshots with me since I'm at the airport with no laptop, but I'll try to scrape some screenshots from my photobucket.
My top 5 (in no order)
1) Death Reveals pass
2) Cry of the Brave v2 AA
3) Through the Fire and Flames oni (XOX's version) A
4) Reality (Reach) AA
http://s991.photobucket.com/user/xxX...tml?sort=3&o=4
5) Finale A
http://s991.photobucket.com/user/xxX...tml?sort=3&o=3
I'll try find the other screenshots later when I arrive in Thailand lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buta-san
Maybe if I leave a dildo on my KB i can pass
Edit: It would have to vibrate though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya
HEY
I'M NOT BLACK
I'M AN INDEPENDENT WHITE MAN.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya
My 21 year old body is reacting like a fucking teenage girl watching romantic movies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
anime, video games, friends, school, work, repeat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXAll-ProXx
Ok what the hell!!! I thought m0de was a girl (who smokes cocaine), I thought Quigly was a little kid, and I thought Staiain was an old asian guy, And until I added kmay on facebook I thought he was this cute asian girl...

xxXitsunexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:16 AM   #14
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I'll just post my top 5 best scores ever since i didn't really play much this year xD

And some honorable mentions:

icontrolyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:08 AM   #15
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Forcing myself to have taken the long break from the game I took. I needed it really bad.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:33 AM   #16
EtienneSM
FFR Player
D8 Godly Keysmasher

Send a message via Skype™ to EtienneSM

#5 - Superluminal AAA
Ah, the score that started all the BS calls, good times, good times.

#4 - Quadraphinix 1.3 AA

Considering I'm not that good at handstream compared to jumpstream, this score surprised the hell out of me. Really happy with this one so I decided it should be in the top 5.

#3 - She is My Sin AA

I think this was my second time playing the file, all I remembered was that it was a hard file to AA and that not many people AA'd it so I went for it and I surprised myself.

#2 - Petit Prelude Theme 20p AAA

Getting this amount of perfects alone on this file is hard enough to do, a AAA run just makes this score really good. The rolls and awkward patterns and BPM changes make this file really trick to MA. Considering my previous WR was 30p AAA, improving by a third of my perfects was crazy enough.

#1 - We Luv Lama 1.2 - AA

This is probably my best spread score to date in my opinion. This song is so dense near the end especially for how fast it's going on 1.2. I had trouble AA'ing this on 1.1 about 3 weeks before I AA'd it on 1.2.

Once I get Blue Planet AA, Apoc Disco AA, and other scores, this list will definitely be different next year.

May as well add my best index scores.

#5 - Denjin K Megamix - DDP FC.

Ridiculous score for a sightread, glad I don't have to play that file again, unless I decided to improve it.

#4 - Gaussian Mist 1.2 AA

MA on this is insane for 320 streams.

#3 - Disregard SDCB

Really good MA, SDCB, nothing more to say.

#2 - Whazashmup (21) 1.3 Pass

Took about eight tries but it was worth it. 48 measure run of 312 candles.

#1 - Call of the Hound 1.3 Pass

Easily the hardest thing I've passed, this hurt so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KgZ View Post
enjoy having every guy ask if they can get some love on their weiner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I also like the nps scale. The standard ITG scale for harder files is blown out of proportion and no longer makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
nps is still a better idea for ratings
Quote:
Originally Posted by klimtkiller View Post
there is 1 tip for people going to college. When you're in college, you'll be 16, which is the age where (where i live) you can get laid lawfully. basically, get laid asap when they look the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapta View Post
My logic is that the brain processes in 60 FPS so I play 60 FPS.
EtienneSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:34 AM   #17
SM MaxX
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to SM MaxX

I think this is the order I'd put them in.

1. quadding Back to the Gate [SM]

I mean, fuck this came completely out of nowhere for me and is probably by far the biggest achievement I've done on SM; a definite marking point for me in skill at this game as some more recent scores have shown. I'm not sure if I can top this for quite a while.

2. First 99 on a 13 (Yuuyake ~Fading Day~) [ITG]

People might argue it's a 12 but I think it pushes the 13 border. But yeah definitely proud to have accuracy all the way up to 13s now on ITG.

(can't find screenshot sowwiez)

3. passing scales of struggle (19) [SM]

I was such garbage at footspeed stuff so passing this was pretty awesome for me. I've slowly started getting better at footspeed as a result.

4. Passing Scarlet Eyes DX [ITG]

doubles chart always intimidated me for a while so passing it recently felt pretty nice knowing that I actually was fairly competent at doubles now.

5. 2 excellents on Out Here [SM]

Honestly out of all my FA scores I've never been able to get a score as good as this in... quite a while. Another turning point for me in trying to get insane scores on some really technical shits lol

Looking through my screenshots folder it's pretty ridiculous how good I've become compared to last year. Hope to get even better stuff next year lol
Old 12-30-2013, 05:28 AM   #18
tosh
O Derby, Where Art Thou?
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

1. [FFR] Eclipse (Solar) 9-0-1-0.
Haven't been able to replicate the long stream since.

2. [FFR] Stinger 11-1-0-1.
Marked the start of me being able to somewhat do files in the 87-90 range. Still my highest fc (difficulty wise).
P.S. The average and boo were from my kb double tapping.

3. [SM] St. Scarhand 1.1 AA.
Not as good as my 4 cb TALM score that I got shortly before, but it means a lot more to me since I've been trying to get this for years.

4. [SM - Index] Stay In Your Room With K. AA.
I'm obviously not as good as a lot of people on index, but this was nice for me considering I'm bad at pretty much every 18 in existence.

5. [FFR] Return to Fire 3-0-4-0 Index/Pinky spread.
Picked up this style for shits and giggles earlier in the year and initially struggled. Hard to believe that Scarhand [Heavy] is possible to unlock on a style like this.

Might have had some better SM scores, but I lost all of my screenshots in June since I had to have my hard drive replaced.

Last edited by tosh; 12-30-2013 at 05:35 AM..
tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:51 AM   #19
1337VerTex1337
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to 1337VerTex1337

All of these are index scores

#5 Egao No Mira E 1.2 6p

My best accuracy score

#4 Call Of The Hound 1.4
2nd hardest thing i've done stamina wise

#3 Brute Force 1.2 18p 4g 1 boo
my reaction

#2 Testament of Ian 1.7 failed 20.5 minutes in
pretty much 24 minutes of 296 16ths and 24 minutes of pendulum at 1.7 times the speed

#1 Disregard AAA 23p mirror
My first WR
Old 12-30-2013, 06:29 AM   #20
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

#1 i quit lol
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote