Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-5-2005, 09:15 PM   #41
whorlichan
Tiny Plastic Meat

Send a message via AIM to whorlichan
Default RE: Re: RE: TWG VIII - The Matrix Has You

Randomized voting thing: Flypie. Also, she's usually a little more vocal in TWGs. Sorry about my own silence; I have been out buying stuff for my new apartment and a car to get home in.

Yay for another TWG, I forgot how excited I get about these
My friend Cassie's amazing photography
Old 01-5-2005, 09:19 PM   #42
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

don't vote for me just because I have Alain in my name. I'm not really an evil frenchman like the dude in the matrix
Old 01-5-2005, 09:19 PM   #43
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

if only I could vote for all of you cuz you're all being idiots and I expect better.. come on now

Old 01-5-2005, 09:25 PM   #44
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

It's because Tass is gone and they're all like "omgosh, I don't know who to PM and tell I'm a special role, AH! I'LL JUST ACT LIKE AN IDIOT!!" jk, I hope.

But seriously, who likes roopert or who has he worked closely with in the past? I'm pretty sure he was pretty quiet in past games, which makes me really wonder why they would kill him. You'd think they'd kill vocal people to silence them, but I'm not really sure on roopert's past behavior (all the avatarless people blend together...sorry!).

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 01-5-2005, 09:29 PM   #45
alainbryden
Seen your member

It'll all pay off. I have a feeling this is the best way to draw out the wolves. Hint, look for the most calm and collected. People who are usually more casual will start acting like blah. Blah's always like that though, so we can't hold it against him :P.
Old 01-5-2005, 09:32 PM   #46
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

How exactly is he acting that isn't casual? I don't quite understand, alain.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

Old 01-5-2005, 09:36 PM   #47
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Im really confused, so i'm off to bed. Alain is talking in circles, half the people haven't said anything, or anything worth meaning, so hopefully by tommarrow there will be more evidence. Hasta manana mi amigos.
Old 01-5-2005, 10:01 PM   #48
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lupin_the_3rd
Default Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG VIII - The Matrix Has You

Quote:
Originally Posted by alainbryden
It'll all pay off. I have a feeling this is the best way to draw out the wolves. Hint, look for the most calm and collected. People who are usually more casual will start acting like blah. Blah's always like that though, so we can't hold it against him :P.
That's pretty much what I told Tps:

Legat0bluesummrs: it's always fucked up like that
Legat0bluesummrs: humans act like wolves, and wolves act like humans

That's what it always looks like to me.
Old 01-5-2005, 10:05 PM   #49
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18
Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG VIII - The Matrix Has You

ok so here goes some real opening analysis as opposed to the bullcrap going on so far...
Why Roopert?

A) Wolves are all jTWGers and newbies: they do a little research, look in the siggy sticky and see roopert has 3 pips... they've prob never heard of him and so don't fear a guardianing, and thus make their choice to not alert any suspicion anywheres

B) wolves are all the best players , and after taking out people with a chance to be guardianed, roopert was the highest man left on the totem...

I don't know, that coudl be all crazy, but it shows that you shoudl at least start putting some thoguht into your posts people

Old 01-5-2005, 10:15 PM   #50
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

That's what I was thinking. We do have some newbers playing, or may be there was a PMing accident again XD

Old 01-5-2005, 10:16 PM   #51
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lupin_the_3rd

well, blah, seeing as there are 4 wolves, option B seems more likely. There is most likely at least one veteran of TWG playing as a wolf. The jTWG/noobs look up to him, he becomes the leader wolf, and does what you explained in option B. However, it is still likely that 4 noobs got placed as wolves.
Old 01-5-2005, 10:19 PM   #52
alainbryden
Seen your member

There would probably have to be at least one good player out of the 4 wolves, but that theory probably works either way. In history, though, it doesn't help much to identify why whoever got wolfed first did. It's usually just what you said, the best possible player that wouldn't be considered for guardianing. It doesn't really give away anything as to who the wolves could be. I think the best strategy is to vote for whoever is not talking the first night, which is always a fair enough strategy, because there's always one or two wolves that are hesitant to talk much, and then after that the real information always comes from watching how people react to who is getting lynched and for what reasons.
Old 01-5-2005, 10:29 PM   #53
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Honestly, I'm surprised they didn't wolf me. I'm loud-mouthed but not good enough to be guardianed. I would have killed me to shut me up, because talking more leads to wolf discovery, usually.

Old 01-6-2005, 12:56 AM   #54
User6773

Default Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG VIII - The Matrix Has You

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly
Honestly, I'm surprised they didn't wolf me.
This is the second time you've mentioned that. You also started belaboring the obvious in the form of expressing suspicions right off the bat, when there was really nothing to go by. You also mentioned that you always forget about Roopert, while insinuating that the culprit was someone who had ties to him. This method of thinking - killing someone who trusts someone else - has been done twice - it is not the modus operandi for first-night kills. And you've been through enough TWGs to understand that.

Looking through the handy-dandy history I see you've never been a wolf before. When I found out in Game IV I was a wolf one of the hardest things for me was to begin the act - once you start the stream of lies, it's easy to continue, but it's hard to establish an initial character.

I'm somewhat suspicious that you're a wolf and you're having a bit of difficulty with that. I'm not confident, but my Magic 8-Ballâ„¢ has just informed me that Signs Point To Yes. Evilbutterfly.

Old 01-6-2005, 01:42 AM   #55
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG VIII - The Matrix Has You

Random Host moment in the spotlight.

Just about 6 hours in, but hardly anybody has said anything relevant at all. I know it's day one, but what's with the "omg don't take my username for serious I'm not an agent" thing?

Carry on.

~Squeek
Old 01-6-2005, 05:09 AM   #56
flypie743
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flypie743
Default Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG VIII - The Matrix Has You

Quote:
Originally Posted by whorlichan
Randomized voting thing: Flypie. Also, she's usually a little more vocal in TWGs. Sorry about my own silence; I have been out buying stuff for my new apartment and a car to get home in.

Yay for another TWG, I forgot how excited I get about these

Quote:
Nothing to vote on, and I am not going to place a random vote.

I'm off to bed and will read the thread sometime tomorrow. :P
Well, I don't think I could've been vocal if I was asleep.

IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.
Old 01-6-2005, 06:22 AM   #57
alainbryden
Seen your member

omg it's back
Attached Images
File Type: jpg guide.jpg (75.1 KB, 109 views)
Old 01-6-2005, 07:01 AM   #58
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Nforcer06164. My vote goes soley off that I want to see him talk.
Old 01-6-2005, 07:12 AM   #59
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

Holy shit, we don't have 13 pages yet. Must be a slow game.

I'm going to vote for alainbryden because I think he's dancing around in the spotlight too much. If he's an agent, then he's doing exactly what he should be doing by calling attention to himself. Every time someone makes a scene really early in the game people think "no agent would come out in the open this much this early in the game" so it's a nice cover.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 01-6-2005, 07:34 AM   #60
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

I hate having to go to bed at 10 o' clock on school nights, then not having the school the next day becuase of bad weather. Whatever, though. I'm here now.

Lupin's joke was actually pretty clever. His username "Lupin" comes from the Latin word Lupus, which means wolf. Everyone else ruined it by postwhoring like mad with lame copies of the joke.

That said, I really don't have much to say that hasn't already been said. Roopert was likely killed for not being likely to be guardianed. This is why if I were guardian, I'd guardian like the third most wanted by the wolves, because the wolves always stay away from the first couple of picks for fear of guardian. Also, about the newbs being agents thing, it would be like Alain said: at least one of the agents would be a good player and all the newbs would look up to them.

Also, I figured something out from jTWG; your random votes are truly useless. The only way to make them not useless is DON'T say it's random. Pull some sort of reasoning for it out of your ass. I will be abstaining from voting, though, because I know I can't get any reasoning for a vote on anyone, besides that they haven't posted. That's not fair to vote for them because of that yet though. Maybe they just had to go to bed (like me) then school.