Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 08:13 PM   #1361
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

All that from one item?!? Or like, each of those have been in one of the various items?

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 10:21 AM   #1362
ckj846
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ckj846

Wow... I wonder where Jenova gets his information... hmm...
And, Crossbow Fever seems like a good idea! I'll try it soon...
O_o
pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights
ckj846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:17 AM   #1363
jenova107
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to jenova107

Hmm, yea.
Anyway those were examples, but each equipment had 3 different modifiers so those were the only one I could remember, specifically. Let me find a link to all 6 pieces of equipment. Hmm, ok well the source has changed it to 5 now. I don't know when that happened.
http://kol.thraeryn.org/wiki/Special...tainless+steel
Ok, so there are 5 articles, each of them with one of the rewards.

Edit- It seems there are supposed to be 6 of them, but they are missing the one that is rewarded for SC's. So each class gets a different one. My guess is that there haven't been any SC's who've completed HC yet, and we'll find that one out soon.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:28 PM   #1364
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

I am disgusted by the path awards. I thought they'd be something that would help a bunch in later ascensions. =\

But the HC rewards!!! OMFGOSH!!! My guess is the last one will be a weapon of some sort, and that you'd be able to have a Stainless Steel outfit if you ascend HC 6 times. There's already 1 hat, 1 pants, and 3 accesories, so the last one better be a stainless steel stick or something so you can wear all 6 things at once.

Speaking of hardcore, I think I figured out how to do it really snazzily. Only adventure on muscle and moxie days, and spend half you adventures in the gym or your sign's specific stat booster. So if you have a muscle sign, on muslce day you'll use 100 or so adventures in the muscle area's gym. It makes you get a HUGE number of stat points, and you can blow all your adventures this way for a little while until all the quests are not only doable, but extremely easy. So you stat-whore for a while and then come back and blow through the game. It may not be the fastest way to go through HC, but it's probably the easiest

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:36 PM   #1365
jenova107
FFR Player

That hardcore method is also helpful is you are someone who doesn't have much time to play, ie. during the school year. My plan is to do hardcore during the school year, when I won't have as much time to play. So my hardcore and softcore should be equal. And I can always use the hardcore rewards during the softcore runs.

There are path awards?
But yeah, I suspected there would be like a "hardcore" outfit.

Also there is special equipment you can obtain from the Boss Bat, Goblin King and the Bonerdagon. Each "boss" has two special droppable equipments which are obtained by selecting specific monster levels with the super secret canadian machine??. I forgot the exact name but it has a dial from 1-11 that controls monster level. I believe this will also lead to a new outfit. However you can only get these when you are on a myst sign because the machine appears in the new myst sign area. I unknowningly got the "vertebra of the bonerdagon" and later found out the methods of obtaining these items.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:38 PM   #1366
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

No, the Canadia machine has nothing to do with them dropping that. I saw on the forums a guy said his wasn't set high and he got something from one of them. The secret mind control device increases monster level and there's a trophy if you beat all the bosses at the highest level. However, the machine does NOT have ANYTHING to do with getting those special items. They work like any other rare drop.

I do suspect a boss outfit, though....

Old 06-29-2005, 07:17 PM   #1367
jenova107
FFR Player

I saw the same thread as you, and I have reason to believe that it's not a certain difficulty that enables you to obtain the items but just a specific per each item and the specific boss. If you look up the names of those items on the same site with the stainless steel items, they give the specific number. The number they gave for the vertebra of the bonerdagon was the number I had set mine too when I defeated the bonerdagon. I can put the names of all 6 items, 2 for each of those 3 bosses, if you would like.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:26 PM   #1368
ckj846
FFR Player

Wow... I feel so behind in this game... I can't get crossbow fever because I am not yet at level 10, and by that level, I should easily beat the Goblin King... The Mysterious Island of Mystery is still too strong, and I already completed the Friar quest... I think I'm just going to chill for a bit and try to get all the stuff at the thugnderdome... Any suggestions for me??? BTW, I'm HCT DB.
O_o
Old 06-30-2005, 06:30 PM   #1369
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Go for the Clockwork Maid first. You get 8 more adventures per day (doesn't stack with the meat maid, though), which is VERY worth it. Then get the familiars, since you'll probably pick another sign next ascension but may want those guys later. =P

Old 06-30-2005, 06:53 PM   #1370
jenova107
FFR Player

Yeah, I'm a myst sign right now and I've built one of those micromecha familiars but I've spent over 100 adventures after getting that familiar, and I haven't gotten any flanges or clockwork keys with a 17 pound gravy fairy. So the Thugnderdome is becoming somewhat frustrating for me, but I have to keep adventuring there until I get some more clockwork items.
The clockwork maid should be invaluable to HC players expecially oxygenarians because if it's 8 adventures that's a 20% increase over what you normally get. The familiars can wait as they aren't really important for advancing you forward. Lol, I just noticed Eb's post, so yeah, I rephrased what he said.
Old 07-1-2005, 02:01 PM   #1371
jenova107
FFR Player

There is one new trophy for each class of sign. The trophy for moxie signs require that 11 clockwork keys are found. The myst sign requires the brain control machine to be set at 11. The muscle trophy sign has to do with the bugbear pen, although I don't know what.
Old 07-1-2005, 07:10 PM   #1372
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Seeing as how the others are 11, it's probably 11 adventures in the pen in a bugbear costume after you've finished that quest involving them. That's just a guess, though.

Old 07-1-2005, 07:13 PM   #1373
Starshot
/DJS\
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to Starshot Send a message via MSN to Starshot Send a message via Yahoo to Starshot

Level 3 So far, joined the FFR Clan.
Had to stop playing tonight, even though I had 100 adventures left, damn that drunkeness. Meh, just gotta wait 30 minutes till rollover.
Old 07-2-2005, 10:27 AM   #1374
jenova107
FFR Player

I usually finish all my adventures before drinking so I don't make that mistake. Well I found again from the same site how to get the muscle sign trophy and it was just an RNG thing, rather than something based on 11 even though it seemed it should be so.
Old 07-2-2005, 01:20 PM   #1375
jenova107
FFR Player

Hmmm, actually the thugnderdome is extremely frustrating and the clockwork key trophy is a such a hard accomplishment. I have a 33 pound BGF soon to be 35, yet on average I get one item per 3 battles, and clockwork keys average about 100 battles each. Very frustrating.
Old 07-3-2005, 01:07 PM   #1376
ckj846
FFR Player

Stop double posting jenova...
Anyways, I was able to beat the Goblin King with the help of my Mech familiar...
Wahoo for me...
Anyways, I'm going to aim for the clockwork maid soon...
O_o
Old 07-3-2005, 02:10 PM   #1377
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

You should have gotten the maid LONG before the mech. More adventures is worth SO much more. And what level are you to be beating the goblin king? What're your stats?

Old 07-4-2005, 12:33 AM   #1378
jenova107
FFR Player

This is where I've gotten stuck every ascension. The gap between level 9 and 11 is hardest. I'm not strong enough for the beanstalk or the Icy Peak, but I still need a place with the high stat gains. Where's that best place to adventure?

Edit- I got the clockwork trophy, say like the last 5 keys in about 100 adventures, so an RNG spurt at the end but I'm still stuck on where to advenrure next.
Old 07-4-2005, 04:31 PM   #1379
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Just wait for stat days and gym/special area it.

Old 07-4-2005, 04:48 PM   #1380
jenova107
FFR Player

That may work for HC but I get 200+ adventures everyday, so basically I just have to pick a place and stick with it.