Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-5-2005, 02:35 PM   #1181
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

I'll be doing a softcore ascension first... mostly to test run how fast I can speed run it. As such, I'll get 20 items per day, or 1000 meat instead of 1 item. My plan:

Day 1:
5 Tofu CM
3 Mr. As
1 Grogtini (no sense NOT making it a full drink, saves having to take more items)
2 Lime
2 Grog (can only drink 2 TPS drinks before getting Liver of Steel... is the max you can drink before being drunk 14 or 15? I think it is 14)
2 Shots of Tomato Schnapps (just bought these because they are 1 drunkness each, no idea what they do)
1 Imitation nice watch
2 TPBMC
1 Meat Maid
1 palm-frond toupee

After day 1, the remaining stuff for me to take out will be a key for the god I need to donate to... and all my extra meat will go to donating to boost my main stat. the +45 from the Mr As will make it cake for me to complete my quests.
With that... figuring 40 starting (then add in 40 for day 1), I'll have 80 + 85 (TCM) + 50 (TPS) + 3/4? (Shots) = between 215-220 on day 1. Then drink another TPS drink to get drunk... so day 2+ is 40 + 4 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 85 + 75 + 3/4? = 215 or so... that means that I'll be getting over 200, but less than 250, adventures per day. I will be out of ronin on my 5th day.

Anyone know how much spectral pickles give per? May think about spending a few million to buy enough to get me out of ronin in 4 days, if possible.
Old 06-5-2005, 02:40 PM   #1182
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

Oh, I know what I'll do!

I'LL GO ACCORDION THEIF AGAIN, AND GET ANOTHER AT SKILL!

Btw, is there any point to fat stacks of cash?
Omeganitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-5-2005, 02:56 PM   #1183
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

No idea Omega... also... HARDCORE PEOPLE WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS THEIR STUFF. At what time, it hasn't been said. My guess: lv. 15 or something... would make sense, since at 15 you'll be Ascending again anyway, why wouldn't you be able to get at your stuff then.
Old 06-5-2005, 03:04 PM   #1184
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Well, I think we should thin out our clan, anyone who hasn't played in over a month, should be kicked out, except me older name . Now, unless these idle people have been waiting for acension, I see no reason for them to be in our clan anymore. Also, I know I read the answer to this in one of the million acension pages, but, do the clans still exist after acension. My innitial thouhgt is yes, just not to sure. Decided on going softcore, and see how fast I can acsend 10 times.
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-5-2005, 03:11 PM   #1185
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

Do you keep your clan karma?
Omeganitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-5-2005, 03:13 PM   #1186
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

It probably opens after you beat the sorceress again, so if you wanna do anything before ascending again you can. So, that may be a lil before level 15. I don't think Jick likes tying things to levels. Pretty much all the quests he eventually changes so they are tied to something you do to unlock them rather than a level you reach.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-5-2005, 03:16 PM   #1187
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Who knows eb... the info hasn't been released or leaked. We'll know in 2-3 weeks when the 1st hardcorer re-ascends.

You stay in your clan.
You keep your clan karma.
I will be cleaning the clan in the next day or two.
Old 06-5-2005, 04:42 PM   #1188
jenova107
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to jenova107

Well, I figured the best would be done with an ascension each week, but you don't about the new content which may hasten/delay any calculations. My guess is since my guess was a couple days after yours, its probably accurate, based on the fact that their will probably a lot more quests.

BTW the drinking limit before liver of steel is 15. So that would 2 TPS drinks plus a ESBM or something. So about 60ish advs. a day before you get liver of steel again. OR I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that you can retain Liver of Steel as a permanent skill. Can anybody confirm that?

So, the point of hardcore ascending besides bragging rights or the challenges would be the prizes linked to hardcore ascending. So i think ascenders of both kinds can keep a update on things regarding ascension when/if they ascend

Edit- Tass, Shouldn't you know what the schnapps do? If you drink 3 TPS drinks then you would have enough for one schnapps before drinking that last TPS to get drunk. Unless you don't do that?
Old 06-5-2005, 05:37 PM   #1189
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

I have always popped an Imp Ale... *shrugs*
Old 06-5-2005, 08:00 PM   #1190
ckj846
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ckj846

Wow, I don't plan on doing anything but just starting fresh with a new familiar and skill...
All of the planning will probably pay off for everyone though...
O_o
pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights
ckj846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-5-2005, 09:02 PM   #1191
jenova107
FFR Player

Well, if you're hardcore, you can't prepare any food or drinks anyway. Preparation is for softcore ascenders.
Old 06-5-2005, 09:06 PM   #1192
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

I have now bought 20 of EVERY item needed for a quest in all of KoL (and x*20 if you need more than 1, where x is the number you need). So I am set to ascend 20 times. Plus I picked up 1 of each clothing set that you need.

I think I should be able to ascend in 7-8 days. If not less. My goal should be to ascend before getting out of ronin... but, I doubt it is possible... the RNG to get certain quest items is too great. But, things like the Hey Deze map is not needed... and, while I did buy 20 of each item for it... I probably won't bother trying to get a Hey Deze map... some people have taken 300 adventures to get 1.
Old 06-5-2005, 11:03 PM   #1193
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Okay, I'm thinking I'm going have to Ascend into a Turtle Tamer, just for the familiar boosting thing. Probably all of my early ascensions will be to Moxie/Muscle classes, since I find them a lot easier to play as than the myst classes. Once I get a bunch of useful stuff to counter the crappiness of the myst classes, I'll play through as them.

And I'm debating on just giving up my lesser accounts. I pretty much never use them, and if they're still around I'll feel obligated to log in sometimes and do stuff, but it will usually just be going to the gym and wasting adventures. If somebody wants to farm them, I may change the password to something stupid and post it here for anybody who wants it to have it. I'm still debating it though, so I'm not sure. Express an interest if you're....interested.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2005, 12:14 AM   #1194
jenova107
FFR Player

Ok, during Eyespeculum's Radio show yesterday, from 10pm-2pm West Coast time, there was the beginnings of the biggest KOL radio giveaway ever. So Eyespeculum was filling in for PVA and wanted to reward his listener's with Radio Free Pants and the prize would go to the person who would send in a song that "pleased" or "tickled" Eyespeculum. As the contest went on, he received the record for requests, filling up his Gmail account with 15 hours of music.
Also the prize escalated dramatically. I copied pasted this from KOL forums, and the list will undoubtedly get bigger. The contest will end in a few days after Eyespeculum is done listening to all the requests. I personally sent in 4 requests, and hopefully they will made it there.
After you see this list you might faint or just smile.

Villa Document, Custom Avatar form, Coffee Sprite, Dodecapede, 15 million meat (or so), a bunch of booze, lots of Mr. A's, etc.
Trebq just sent in another 10 million meat...
Oh, and the original prize: Radio Free Pants.
Continuing on: (I forgot alot of stuff)
2 Mr. A Jr's
Cheshire Bitten
Small Crimbo Pressie
2x Crimbo Stockings
Tiny Plastic..Stuff.
All 3 Keys
Wedding Cake
White Picket Fence
Children's meal of the Damned
4 Radio button Candies
5+2+2+2+2+2+1 Mr. A's
Spectral Pickle
Spectral Pickle on a stick
10 million more meat.
Spooky Hockey Mask
Bowtux Outfit
5 million more meat.
(brings total to almost 50 million)
16 million more meat.
2 cans of red minotaur.
3 million more meat.
100 Hell Ramen
Old 06-6-2005, 06:51 AM   #1195
ckj846
FFR Player

Umm, I'm guessing that Tass got some of that stuff... I wasn't there for the show... Darn.
O_o
Old 06-6-2005, 07:12 AM   #1196
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

I was listening to the show.... and, the stuff hasn't been given out yet. EyeSpec got about 300 requests for it, and will play each and every one throughout the week and THEN have a winner and give it all to 1 person.

This is the biggest giveaway in rKoL history. Its not even a contest... EyeSpec is just going to give it to 1 person who "tickles" him with their request. Amazing. There is about 400 million meat worth of stuff there... and EyeSpec has at least 2-3 more shows to play this stuff where more people could donate. Ridiculous.

I have 1 song out of that group... doubt I'll win it.
Old 06-6-2005, 07:31 AM   #1197
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

I'm paying 100,000 meat for the answers to each one of these (any hints I was given are also posted):

K – A combination of the first and twelfth letters.
K isn't really game-related, i.e. you could figure it out without any knowledge of KoL. You do need to be net-savvy though...

F – A quarter of the time it takes to grow some particularly ripe flowers.

N – Take the omega from the alpha to find your key.
I was told I was overthinking it when I was trying to use the Item# for keys or even when I was trying to use alpha/omega as their number equivalent

I – The result of an undead face, less all its evil.

J – This odor will make you fit for a king.
The answer to this is obvious, Knob Goblin Perfume... which has an Item#307. That isn't the right answer though. The clue is:
Certain entries in different tables may bear the same name. The correct number is that which leads to a (sane) whole number.

All answers are numbers. LD suggested 666 for I... but I don't see that being game related.
Old 06-6-2005, 02:03 PM   #1198
jenova107
FFR Player

Thanks for re-emphasizing my main points and I hope some of our entries can get played. And you were listening to it around 3-5AM ish, Tass? Staying up just a little late?
Old 06-6-2005, 02:20 PM   #1199
veranica
FFR Player

When everyone goes to ascension but me, will be unable to trade until you guys have played 1000 turns, or does it look like you will be going threw them so fast you will never have one of those?
veranica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2005, 02:21 PM   #1200
ckj846
FFR Player

Youwere too mister Jenova...
lol
O_o