Ninja'd slightly but statement largely stands
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 05-18-2017, 03:07 PM   #2042
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra
Default Re: TWG CLXVII Game Thread How Was Awakening Reviewed

On the topic of tiloco: I don't think we should be considering a lynch on him today; if he is blue he will give us info tomorrow. If it turns out we got bamboozled then we can get him later on after a wolf kill or two. It would be a different story if I had any potential pairings for him, but I'm having trouble coming up with any, so even flipping him wouldn't be super helpful right now.

I'm gonna focus on other people than him entirely so I don't get distracted.
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 05-18-2017, 03:07 PM   #2043
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

@Manti I'd like to hear your input on Xiz being town for the reasons I just gave
Old 05-18-2017, 03:09 PM   #2044
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
If we have two killing forces in the game they may have assumed the other would take care of it to not double stack.

Which leads to the tinfoil of both thinking that and double-stacking on Freezin, which is lols

Then again I'll believe Bodyguard before I believe that.
why do you mention a bodyguard here? bodyguard would have died
Old 05-18-2017, 03:10 PM   #2045
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
WV is starting to look a bit less town I think, I feel like if there was someone playing for the first time they would be trying harder to find the wolves to make a good first impression as town. Note the try; all I've really seen are statements mentioning going over the thread which never really result in anything, or effortless reads almost akin to Tokzic 's list. Also it seems he's just pushing off most questions asked to him which is... suspect even if he is a first time player.
im looking for waldo when i don't know what waldo looks like and this is my first time checking out a where's waldo book. i'm not sure what else you expect from someone playing for the first time. there also hasn't been many questions directed at me other than providing a read list. which see the first sentence on why i find that difficult to do.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:12 PM   #2046
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

@WV why did you have xiz as scum in your reads list?
Old 05-18-2017, 03:12 PM   #2047
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

If you already explained that read a quote will be fine but I didn't see it
Old 05-18-2017, 03:13 PM   #2048
Celirra
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
im looking for waldo when i don't know what waldo looks like and this is my first time checking out a where's waldo book. i'm not sure what else you expect from someone playing for the first time. there also hasn't been many questions directed at me other than providing a read list. which see the first sentence on why i find that difficult to do.
I just feel like someone who has looked over the thread (hopefully well) by now allegedly would have a decent impression of what town or wolf would look like based on the flips and such.

Plus I know you're a smart guy so maybe I just have high expectations for you, but I'd imagine a bit more... thought on how people would act in response to certain things or events.
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 05-18-2017, 03:15 PM   #2049
Celirra
FFR Player

In addendum to my last post, it even seems like blind is a bit of an easy choice seeing as xiz is pressuring him now and has always been a bit ~~shady~~ this game to some people.

I think I just really think you can do better, take it as a compliment.
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 05-18-2017, 03:25 PM   #2050
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiloco217 View Post
@WV why did you have xiz as scum in your reads list?
leaning scum because bringing me up as town which i felt was piggybacking me. most people who thought i was town were read as town or town leaning so if he thought i was town he would earn town points for following town thought. he also completely ignored my further questioning when i pressed him on the matter.

Quote:
I just feel like someone who has looked over the thread (hopefully well) by now allegedly would have a decent impression of what town or wolf would look like based on the flips and such.
this would be true if all town and all wolf played the same. freezin wasn't playing how haku or rb was playing. xel isn't playing like those that i've read as scum. picking up on subtleties is hard when you aren't entirely sure what you're looking for. it's not like i haven't been asking questions on what i felt was iffy.

Quote:
Plus I know you're a smart guy so maybe I just have high expectations for you, but I'd imagine a bit more... thought on how people would act in response to certain things or events.
i observed most of d0 so i could get a feel for the game because i was planning on playing in the next turbo/full game and had no idea what i was looking for so i looked at everything and nothing popped out. i stood back and observed d1 and when i felt comfortable in d1 i posted my list and while i did get xel right i totally missed with freezin and i was sure he a wolf. so now i'm not sure what to do because i lost the little confidence i had.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:29 PM   #2051
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiloco217 View Post
@WV if you had to decide the lynch right now, who would it be on?
Quote:
In addendum to my last post, it even seems like blind is a bit of an easy choice seeing as xiz is pressuring him now and has always been a bit ~~shady~~ this game to some people.

I think I just really think you can do better, take it as a compliment.
i went with the easiest choice because it was a hypothetical and they're the safest bets
Old 05-18-2017, 03:29 PM   #2052
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave- View Post
InD and tokzic are no change from this imo, which is okay with me, I feel pretty okay about them. DBP, and especially Manti I would agree on: keep in mind as potentially woof. This vote looks mildly okay for them but right after the tiebreak is the easiest place to slip in a bus.
what happened to day 0 where you were voting me and carried that suspicion into day 1? if nothing changes from me being on the xel wagon, what did change? because something had to

also, can i treat these as your reads on these people?

(working on an effort post, it's slow going)
Old 05-18-2017, 03:32 PM   #2053
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Aight, I'll throw out some tiers, but like going to be 100% honest takin' the L here I haven't paid near enough attention to this game as I should have
nvm to my previous post lolme
Old 05-18-2017, 03:35 PM   #2054
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Null:
Cel
WV
Tokzic
blind
DBP

Scum Lean:
Manti
any reason why you "feel pretty okay" about tokzic but then he ends up in null?

any reason you want to keep an eye on both DBP and manti but only have manti as a scum lean?
Old 05-18-2017, 03:51 PM   #2055
Celirra
FFR Player

I accept your reasoning with a * attached but this is giving me a bit of a claw grip

Quote:
i went with the easiest choice because it was a hypothetical and they're the safest bets
What do you consider more important; finding wolves or staying alive?
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 05-18-2017, 03:52 PM   #2056
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I think this game is very solvable now.

First off I fibbed a little when explaining my role. The ability I've used the past two night is an angel ability where I choose a person and they cannot die during that night phase or the following day phase aside from being lynched. I blurred the line on that one so that mafia wouldn't know that I'm essentially our medic. I'm ok with revealing this because I realized either I die tonight or I never die. Mafia knowing that I'm the medic equivalent doesn't change much.

Now what this means is there is no chance of another medic style role being in the game because I have a VERY strong medic power.

So I wasn't saved last night.

This means that the mafia didn't target me and I don't think there is ever a world where xiz does not target me last night if he was mafia. He would have assumed I had a red check on him and definitely wouldn't have let me live. Assuming xiz is town than mafia know I'm not a cop because I would have already checked xiz and found out he was green. This means the mafia can let me live with the guarantee that I won't bring any 100% evidence the following day.

The mafia then hope that I lead a lynch on Xiz, then they lead the lynch on me, and then it's game over man.

I think that a mafia manti fits into this scenario pretty easily because he started out the day on Xiz and has made it very clear that he doesn't trust me.

Aside from that there isn't really anyone that fits great into this scenario but also there isn't anyone hard reading Xiz town. MML looks a little better because iirc he called Xiz more towny than before on his reads list.

It doesn't surprise me much that people haven't been falling into the world because most people could just play follow the leader and vote on Xiz eod assuming I was still on him. I would have waited to post all of this to see who does something similar but I won't be around after 9 and I doubt it would happen before then.

PS. if there is another role with info to give (I really doubt John Doe was our only investigative) keep in mind that I already chose to use my other power tonight and cannot switch.

PPS. I don't see much of a need to reveal the other half of my role right now. Since I haven't used it yet. Suffice it to say it's significantly shittier than the angel ability.

PPPS. My save night 1 was on Blind. Not going to out my save last night because I am still currently protecting them from day stuff.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:56 PM   #2057
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
In terms of Tiloco partners, I have trouble associating him with people, and I'd need to go back and look at his interactions to really tell. Prior to flip, I could almost see a Tiloco/Freezin pairing if anything; I don't think Tiloco has many potential pairings admittedly, should he be a wolf, and honestly I'm leaning to the side of his blue claim being true.

i believe there were some interactions clearing a tiloco/freezin pair and said so coming into d1 (and maybe even on d0 as well in my read of tiloco) - freezin would have no need to shape tiloco's play to his expectations and tiloco would have no need to resist those expectations as a w/w pair. borders on performances art

if you see tiloco clear of several pairings, mind running through what you see as clearing?
Old 05-18-2017, 03:57 PM   #2058
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Xiz and Indheart are both lock clear for me now. I still think DBP is the most towny from play but the other two are pretty much confirmed imo.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:02 PM   #2059
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
I'm pretty much caught up and I'm not sure what to say outside of what i've already said with my HOt fIRe OpiNIONs.

i think tokzic is town now though and dbp is town. blind is probably scum because he was for xel staying. with that being said the blind and mml interactions have me thinking w/t with.
what changed on dbp? your HOT FIRE OPINIONS had him more scummy the way i read it

what about the blind/mml interactions makes them look w/t? and is that ordered - if blind's a wolf is mml always town?
Old 05-18-2017, 04:02 PM   #2060
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
I accept your reasoning with a * attached but this is giving me a bit of a claw grip

What do you consider more important; finding wolves or staying alive?
Finding wolves duh