Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 11:02 AM   #3261
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan
Default Re: TWG CLXIV: Classics Man - Game Thread

always me, too
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 02-26-2017, 11:03 AM   #3262
thesunfan
Role Tide

gonna play some civ 5 I'll do the wagon shit later
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Quote:
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 02-26-2017, 11:07 AM   #3263
Prophylaxis
FFR Player

Thinking about it again I really think that Jade is just scum in all worlds?

The Witch "re-evaluation" EoD, looking back, feels incredibly opportunistic. It was like, early game, "hey everyone's townreading Witch so I will too!" and then, at EoD2, "I'm going to just start scumreading Witch". Lo and behold, Witch flips vig. I dunno, it reads and feels quite agenda-y to me rather than an organic sequence of thoughts. Like, I'm not super super quick to re-evaluate on my townreads but the way Jade did it doesn't reflect well on them, IMO.

Not to mention they're one of the SUSPICIOUS SIX (someone come up with a better name for this please) at EoD1.

My only concern about this is that I haven't really found anything /explicitly/ scummy from that slot. I dinged them about asking questions that have already been asked on Day 1, but they voted, and their responses to me last Night feel.. decent. It's just that I have a fair number of townreads and assuming that my view of the gamestate is at least halfway correct then PoE brings them down to the bottom.

Just spewing thoughts here but yeah.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:09 AM   #3264
Prophylaxis
FFR Player

Gonna go attend a club meeting but will be checking back at various points throughout the day.

If people could actually comment on the wagon stuff and my thoughts that'd be great.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:28 AM   #3265
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

shado (1) - mml
not voting - xel, proph, wab, shado, jade, sunfan, haku
Old 02-26-2017, 12:41 PM   #3266
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
I want to say sunfan's scum, but I have no idea what he's doing if he is. We're at MYLO. I feel like scumfan could just push for a lynch on me and the game would be over, so his posts today confuse me and make me hesitate in reading him.
I think Xel is almost always a wolf here. I'd vote him now, but I'd feel a lot more comfortable voting at EoD to prevent a wolfjack of my wagon if I'm wrong.
It's da long con

How about the last wolf?
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:43 PM   #3267
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Oh nvm answered later

Ugh I'm gonna multiquote starting now but I actually hate the multiquote system on here

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Old 02-26-2017, 01:07 PM   #3268
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Quote:
This is the post.
Why would he include MML if they're partners?
Who's rabbit? If it's jade, why does he include jade?!
If this is to intentionally distance himself, it's really well done because it legitimately confuses me
Maybe he doesn't think MML is his partner?
Weren't you also scumreading Jade?

Quote:
You're going to arrive at the following conclusion because you're gonna read me wrong

you are gonna vote me

and this I know

despite all AA said

despite shado's response to me floping being absolutely awful, there's no town game where he gives up like that

you will see my lack of immense participation, and the lengthy "fluff" content of my one good post, you will say I sheeped to seem town

this is the conclusion you will come to

because you won't sheep. I went with AA's read because I actually looking into Shado's posts myself. I neglected to answer any questions of witch because I was afraid of fucking it up

witch softed it so slightly, I caught it and flopped on who I thought the vigi was (originally thought it was Haku actually) it was in their d1 posting, I quoted it in my larger post

There was no reason to cfd at EoD

there was no reason for AA to doubt himself

there's one answer I feel is correct

and if I have to explain that answer, you are lost
By answer you're referring to Shado? You mentioned only entertaining Shado or MML. Do you think Shado/MML is W/W or W/T?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Also

Whenever someone points out themselves that they've done their town tell it makes me feel like shoving a bottle of whisky up my ass so I can experience literally any other feeling then the pure anger that masive wolf slips like this induce upon me.

Maybe I'm too triggered over Haku's bullshit

I'll review it tomorrow after I wake up to find that even if someone else votes Shado here we still haven't instalost yet.
People often do refer to their own play when they want to imply they're town though, maybe not so explicitly.

Do you really think Haku/sunfan/Shado is the wolf team?

Old 02-26-2017, 01:42 PM   #3269
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophylaxis View Post
Catching up and rereading, but to be honest, the Witch vig flip kind of destroyed my motivation to play the game since I think there is a solid chance we lose the game now unless we lynch scum right after the other.

It's just. I have NO IDEA who the scum are. There are still three wolves alive and aside from Xel no one stands out to me as explicitly wolfy.

Like, given that Witch flipped town and AA flipped town, I don't think my view of the gamestate is terribly off, but we have had NO WOLF FLIPS SO FAR and I /need/ those in order to actually scumhunt well. This is terribly frustrating because, wagon analysis is shot, and interaction analysis is shot - there goes 2/3rds of my way to analyze the gamestate, leaving only behavioral analysis which I am not very good at.

Blegh.
Time to roll the dice yolo
In all seriousness, at this point in the game I think it is better to have confidence in a read and be wrong than show uncertainty. So to that point, do you think Xel is the best lynch today?

Do you think Xel/Shado could be partners? I know you are mostly reading Shado as town, but just humor me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
I get where you're coming from, and the short and serious answer is that Hakulyte is the exception to a lot of rules in my book
ook

Quote:
4 -- Witch of Certainty -- MixMasterLar (36), TWG Jade Harley (84), AragakiAyase (185), ShadoWolfe (175)
3 -- ShadoWolfe -- thesunfan (142), XelNya (28), Wineandbread (15)
2 -- XelNya -- Prophylaxis (41), Witch of Certainty (65)
1 -- unvote -- Hakulyte (199)

shado (4) - sunfan, aa, xel, wab
xel (3) - proph, shado, woc
woc (2) - mml, jade
unvote - haku

4 -- DaBackpack -- roundbox (67), thesunfan (260), XelNya (94), AragakiAyase (263)
3 -- Witch of Certainty -- TWG Jade Harley (77), mellonxcollie (76), Hakulyte (272)
2 -- Prophylaxis -- Charu (313), ShadoWolfe (248)
2 -- TWG Jade Harley -- Prophylaxis (75), Witch of Certainty (94)
1 -- thesunfan -- MixMasterLar (131)
1 -- Charu -- DaBackpack (128)

4 -- thesunfan -- AragakiAyase (209), Charu (234), Hakulyte (240), Prophylaxis (47)
1 -- mellonxcollie -- ShadoWolfe (217)
1 -- XelNya -- TWG Jade Harley (53)
1 -- DaBackpack -- thesunfan (171)
3 -- unvote -- Witch of Certainty (68), MixMasterLar (123), XelNya (86)
2 -- not voting -- mellonxcollie (61), roundbox (44)

4 -- TWG Jade Harley -- MixMasterLar (67), Charu (147), AragakiAyase (44), Prophylaxis (14)
1 -- XelNya -- thesunfan (50)
1 -- Prophylaxis -- ShadoWolfe (79)
1 -- Hakulyte -- Hakulyte (56)
6 -- not voting -- DaBackpack (77), mellonxcollie (9), roundbox (33), TWG Jade Harley (18), Witch of Certainty (19), XelNya (22)
Fixed the remaining colors
ofc I'd take your magenta for my name instead but let's just go with this for now

Quote:
Questions I am asking myself:

1. Is there scum on the Witch wagon Yesterday? If so, who is it? What about Shado's alignment?

2. We /know/ for a fact that EoD1 was basically a feasting ground for the wolves - town/town/town wagons. Therefore, scum in {roundbox (67), thesunfan (260), XelNya, TWG Jade Harley (77), Hakulyte (272)} is /incredibly/ likely. Just, who is town in that grouping and who is scum?

3. Haku is either the scum on the sunfan wagon or the sunfan wagon is composed of all townies, which maybe makes sunfan scum?

3. Ditto with Jade. MML is either scum or wagon is composed of all townies?

Food for thought here. I have never tried wagon analysis on this site so I have no idea how good it is, but meh.

I'm kind of at {Xel/Jade/????} here solely because Jade looks like scum from wagon analysis.
1. I think Shado is on there (it was entirely too easy after the things AA said for most people to vote witch here I think) However, if you recall Shado pushed for Xel at eod.

2. This isn't really helpful as you're only leaving out two names from that list. If you boil your statement down to "there is at least one scum in these 5 names" you are automatically correct by maths. I strongly encourage you to consider me town if it helps simplify your analysis.

3. Can I hear your reasoning behind why you think an all-town wagon makes a person more scum-like? Also you seemed to prefer Jade as scum rather than MML, is this correct?

Probably won't be around for the rest of the day
Btw all this talk about witch has made Heart of Witch stuck in my head, so thanks for that

Old 02-26-2017, 01:44 PM   #3270
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Please indulge with me

Old 02-26-2017, 02:02 PM   #3271
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
ya if you're town and I'm a wolf I'd bet another dollar I could powerwolf you down here

I'm just town, friend
I wouldn't take that bet lol it'd be an uphill battle forsure if you wanted me lynched from phase start

but I think it'd be risky for you 'cause it'd polarize you really quickly.
better play it safe and gently guide a mislynch, no?

idk. idk what scumfan does here. I'm gonna try to not read too much into it I guess.. I tried to get access to Time Travel woofchat for scumfan insight but I think the server's been deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 02-26-2017, 02:17 PM   #3272
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wineandbread View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Any talk other than lynching between mml and shado will be outright ignored by me. I will also entertain rabbit.

I'm home and resetting up my pc.
This is the post.
Why would he include MML if they're partners?
Who's rabbit? If it's jade, why does he include jade?!
If this is to intentionally distance himself, it's really well done because it legitimately confuses me
Maybe he doesn't think MML is his partner?
Weren't you also scumreading Jade?
I am, yes. Also Xel, though. The post you quoted there is a progression of my thoughts on Xel, from here:
Quote:
I really want to say scumteam is Xel/Jade/xx(MML, sunfan? Proph??), but one of Xel's posts really threw me off on this
So basically I'm just trying to figure out if Xel would make that post regarding his partner(s) or not.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 02-26-2017, 02:33 PM   #3273
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
So basically I'm just trying to figure out if Xel would make that post regarding his partner(s) or not.
Well, to be frank, I probably would

except that you know

I'd have to be scum for this

and I'm not
Old 02-26-2017, 02:44 PM   #3274
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:

1. Is there scum on the Witch wagon Yesterday? If so, who is it? What about Shado's alignment?

2. We /know/ for a fact that EoD1 was basically a feasting ground for the wolves - town/town/town wagons. Therefore, scum in {roundbox (67), thesunfan (260), XelNya, TWG Jade Harley (77), Hakulyte (272)} is /incredibly/ likely. Just, who is town in that grouping and who is scum?

3. Haku is either the scum on the sunfan wagon or the sunfan wagon is composed of all townies, which maybe makes sunfan scum?

3. Ditto with Jade. MML is either scum or wagon is composed of all townies?

Food for thought here. I have never tried wagon analysis on this site so I have no idea how good it is, but meh.

I'm kind of at {Xel/Jade/????} here solely because Jade looks like scum from wagon analysis.
1. duh
2. sunfan / me
3. who cares atm
4. instead of reading into partners that may or may not exist we need to solidify the lynch for today, we don't especially have the luxury of thinking a step or two in advance unless it pertains to our lynch in question

why are we focusing on partner potentials before focusing on if we have a solid lynch or not, I don't get it

I'm all for the shado lynch obviously but I've done my looking into it
Old 02-26-2017, 02:44 PM   #3275
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
If I could have like a random cop check on any player I'd check Shado since if I know his alignment I think I could solve the game, but we're in my/lylo now.
If you really think this way, I think it'd be a good use of your time to try to solve the game with me as arbitrary town and arbitrary wolf and see which scenario makes more sense to you.
I'd tell you to just solve it with me as town, but I guess that's not very fair to you.
But yeah, if I'm your last missing piece, then please try to solve it with me as either alignment. I'd like to read what you come up with, and I think it's fair to say it'd help everyone read you as well.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-26-2017, 03:15 PM   #3276
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
instead of reading into partners that may or may not exist we need to solidify the lynch for today
We're looking into partners in order to solidify the lynch in the first place.

:v

Also why did you tie MML with Shado?

That's weird to me.
Old 02-26-2017, 03:16 PM   #3277
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Time to ask myself, are four man wagons viable for wagon analysis this late in the game?
Quote:
4 -- Witch of Certainty -- MixMasterLar (36), TWG Jade Harley (84), AragakiAyase (185), ShadoWolfe (175)

woc (2) - mml, jade
unvote - haku

4 -- DaBackpack -- roundbox (67), thesunfan (260), XelNya (94), AragakiAyase (263)
3 -- Witch of Certainty -- TWG Jade Harley (77), mellonxcollie (76), Hakulyte (272)

4 -- thesunfan -- AragakiAyase (209), Charu (234), Hakulyte (240), Prophylaxis (47)

4 -- TWG Jade Harley -- MixMasterLar (67), Charu (147), AragakiAyase (44), Prophylaxis (14)
6 -- not voting -- DaBackpack (77), mellonxcollie (9), roundbox (33), TWG Jade Harley (18), Witch of Certainty (19), XelNya (22)
Good stuff.

Quote:
People often do refer to their own play when they want to imply they're town though, maybe not so explicitly.

Do you really think Haku/sunfan/Shado is the wolf team?
That's why too explicit even for Haku. Also note that Haku is coming at me at the start if this day phase over for no reason and was likely getting flustered that I was pushing back so hard. Not unless you want to say he wasn't targeting me in which case I'd love to hear you're take on it.

SunFan's re-entrance is ripped with 1-Not reading all of the thread when there wasn't that much to read 2-having a pretty shitty reason not to read all of the thread 3-trying his damnedest to get heat off of Shado. Read that again and tell me which is more likely: He's confused, wants me to calm down and is resetting his reads (Except for Haku because Haku) or he sees immediate pressure on Shado still and starts throwing names 'n shade at me, joining Haku in some flimsy logic.

I mean, you tell me what I'm suppose to think right now. While I'm still trying to decide if Haku was just having a really good first few days I have no problem thinking SunFan could be scum when you par this with that DBP bullshit.

This all depends on Shado being scum, though. If he's town then the whole theory kind of sinks through. At this point anyone not reading Shado has scum over his flip-flopity nature of Raeko and his interactions with AA is either dense or covering for him now that they don't have to worry about AA jumping down their throats.

Quote:
4. instead of reading into partners that may or may not exist we need to solidify the lynch for today, we don't especially have the luxury of thinking a step or two in advance unless it pertains to our lynch in question
What do you think of the crowd not currently on board with Shado right now? How's SunFan and Haku's re-entrance look to you?

Frankly given the state of things I liked that you said we needed to lynch either me or him.

Although I guess I would.....let's say I'm confident no one will lynch me in the end if it comes down to us two.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 02-26-2017, 03:31 PM   #3278
thesunfan
Role Tide

lmao at being accused of not reading the thread
I hadn't read one page and was commenting on it as I was reading gtfo with that shit lar
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-26-2017, 03:33 PM   #3279
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Admittedly I failed to do the thing I ought to have done which was advocate witch not die

and I should get lynched and mauled in postgame for it
More wolfy than towny.

Quote:
Catching up and rereading, but to be honest, the Witch vig flip kind of destroyed my motivation to play the game since I think there is a solid chance we lose the game now unless we lynch scum right after the other.

It's just. I have NO IDEA who the scum are. There are still three wolves alive and aside from Xel no one stands out to me as explicitly wolfy.

Like, given that Witch flipped town and AA flipped town, I don't think my view of the gamestate is terribly off, but we have had NO WOLF FLIPS SO FAR and I /need/ those in order to actually scumhunt well. This is terribly frustrating because, wagon analysis is shot, and interaction analysis is shot - there goes 2/3rds of my way to analyze the gamestate, leaving only behavioral analysis which I am not very good at.

Blegh.
"I am VT, lynch me" D0 looks more wolfy than towny for you imo as well. Is this fake lack of motivation or you seriously don't care about the potentially most important phase?

Quote:

That wagon is 3 townies. Why would that make Sunfan scum?

Quote:
god my wagon looks terribly townie LOL
I don't know if I like that reaction.

Quote:
Thinking about it again I really think that Jade is just scum in all worlds?
Could be, could be not. Jade would have been a better lynch for D0/D1.

Quote:
Do you think Xel/Shado could be partners? I know you are mostly reading Shado as town, but just humor me.
If Xel/Shado are partners, they're bussing each others in a mylo. (as wolves)

I'd be really surprised. The catch is that they could be both town or W/T.

(I'm starting to think that pairing is bad in general because I usually assume that if it's not W/W, it's W/T, but T/T is also an option.)
Old 02-26-2017, 03:50 PM   #3280
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:

woc (2) - mml, jade
unvote - haku

You missed a few and included yourself.

idk what to think about your slot. If you're super obviously town I missed something.
Closed Thread