Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2004, 11:37 PM   #21
Anonymous
FFR Player

Sigh

I know we are all critical thinkers here. I know we all like to feel that if it is fed to us, we will be able to understand. But as humans, there are just certain ideas I don't think we can conceive.

We cannot grasp the nightmare, the grinding dark abyss that is hell, so why keep trying? We cannot begin to think of the paradise that is heaven, nor the endless depths of eternity, nor even our infinitely small place in the universe.

The most important thing for everyone is to find a definite belief. Do your research. Be open-minded and start mainstream, then do more research and mind answers to those more puzzling problems. I think that if the homework is done right, you would end up looking toward Christianity. But of course many of you would think that I said that only because I'm a Christian. You'd just have to find out, wouldn't you?

Now, I think that the "infinite" realm in which we live in is the only place with time. Places like Heaven are simply part of another realm that has nothing to do with our time. So if in fact our universe is a giant circle, those outside can see the whole thing as "is." That is just simply impossible to truly imagine.

Death is not an end at all. We are just going to be yanked out of the whole time-space continuum deal we are so used to here. What you will find after that?...

...Well, you certainly can't expect to find all the answers on an internet forum. That's about as sound as it gets.

I left a few flaws. Go ahead and attack them. If you really want to.
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 11:38 PM   #22
TheTypist
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to TheTypist

They time you out too quickly. That last one was mine.
TheTypist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 12:43 PM   #23
Anonymous
FFR Player

aleco, you put a lot of faith into something you have very little knowlage about. your mentality scares me.

to me HAMLET said it best "the undscoverd country from whose bourn no traveler returns."

we cannot know what happens when we die.

perhaps you will go into a loop pattern like a computer and keep re-living your life, with that thought though. who is to say that you are not already dead?

another possibility is that nothing will happen. this is neather good nor bad, it just ends. it is like sleep, you dont remember most of it. time just passes, thats all. do you fear sleep?

third possibility, holy redemption. heaven, hell, purgatory, rebirth, whatever you believe in.
Old 05-31-2004, 12:45 PM   #24
IronMonk
FFR Player

^ me
Old 05-31-2004, 04:06 PM   #25
Anonymous
FFR Player

Hm. Maybe we should ask someone who died? Seriously, think about it.
Old 05-31-2004, 04:07 PM   #26
CalibreneGuru
FFR Player

^was me
CalibreneGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 04:13 PM   #27
Verruckter
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Verruckter Send a message via MSN to Verruckter

Everbody who already "died" say that they where going upwards, to "heaven", or that they seen the movie of their life. I think thats a stupid idea.

Sorry.
Old 05-31-2004, 04:16 PM   #28
CalibreneGuru
FFR Player

You talking about people who have been dead but were pulled back to life?
CalibreneGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 05:20 PM   #29
aleco
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to aleco

The emphasis on knowledge I think has grown a bit too much in society. Why should we fear the unknown?

Also: it can't just be nothing- When most people die, they have facial expressions as if they see something beyond that scares are delights them-such as my grandpa. You may not agree, blah blah etc....... But I can tell
Old 05-31-2004, 06:58 PM   #30
Verruckter
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalibreneGuru
You talking about people who have been dead but were pulled back to life?
Yes. I don't beleive in talking to dead people...while they are dead!
Old 05-31-2004, 08:23 PM   #31
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Yes, we cannot know for certain what happens after we die, but what's wrong with believing one certain way and having faith in that conviction? It's not going to matter who was right after death. There's nothing wrong with believing in a result so strongly that you are willing to devote your life to it because it's just as possible as any other result (I hope the pronouns are clear enough in that sentence).

What I'm trying to say is that religion, with respect to the afterlife, is just as worthwhile as not believing anything. It may just take a little bit more work.

And what's wrong with fearing death? If heaven isn't an option for you or anybody, then death really sucks. I can understand how it's something to be feared; it's the end of life, which is awesome.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 08:44 PM   #32
Verruckter
FFR Player

I would say that most people are not afraid of dying, but of seeing their freinds or family die. But thats not tthe subject of this thread.

I think that whatever is after death, it sure is better than life. Anyways, this thread is just a bunch of useless opinions, and living beings will propably never know what is after death.
Old 06-1-2004, 03:28 PM   #33
RajginKisaragi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to RajginKisaragi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
aleco, you put a lot of faith into something you have very little knowlage about. your mentality scares me.
Ditto.

RajginKisaragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2004, 07:08 PM   #34
nickishere
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to nickishere

Well i guess it doesn't really matter what happens when you die...I mean why should you care? Your dead you can't do anything for the world and its people. All I'm saying is that you should just live your life to the fullest, and not think or worry about something like that. Just live your life everyday like it was your last because it could all end in an instant.....

Moral excellence comes about as a result of habit. We become just by doing just acts, temperate by doing temperate acts, brave by doing brave acts.
nickishere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2004, 07:27 PM   #35
Salchite
FFR Player

I never really bought any religion even though most kids around me were hand fed the cristian religion and easily accepted it. From a young age i noticed things not really believable in the bible. I won't list them but they did make me seriously doubt any of it. I realized the bible wasn't truths, only half truths and twisted events. Like the greek myths, or native american stories. Just ways to explain things not understood at the time.

Back to the topic though, I don't believe in heaven or hell or any kind of unified afterlife that has a few possibilities. Instead i believe that death is just another step in existance and that we go on to the next life. May it be on earth or not i do not know only that there is a reason for all of these lives. Mabey our "spirits" gain knowledge and understanding of life through many perspectives of life. I do know that i don't remember anything of past lives and mabey when you die there is some sort of spirit plane in which you do remember everything. Then when your new life begins you forget again and so it goes on forever.
Salchite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 07:11 AM   #36
Aybabtu
FFR Player

This is often a subject I find myself wondering about before I drift to sleep some nights, and you know what, I fear death. Well maybe not death it self but the uncertainty it brings. No one really knows what happens after you die. People have told me I am afraid because I do not follow any particular religion, but in fact I do believe in a higher being. There is just that chance that religion was made up by some of the most creative story tellers ever and all I believed in will be a fabrication. I think some people are actually scared into believing in higher beings so if it is true they will not be sent to hell or what not.

I would hope to be re-united with loved one and friends in a place where time would not exist and you could stay as long as you wanted. You could return to existence and live another life time and at each death when you got to wherever you would have even more loved ones and friends to be with.

That is what I think of this whole death thing, but that could change with age and experiences.. I have plenty of time to spend here and I won't let this hold me back from living.

Aybabtu
Aybabtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 07:24 AM   #37
RajginKisaragi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to RajginKisaragi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickishere
Well i guess it doesn't really matter what happens when you die...I mean why should you care? Your dead you can't do anything for the world and its people. All I'm saying is that you should just live your life to the fullest, and not think or worry about something like that. Just live your life everyday like it was your last because it could all end in an instant.....
Who said we were worried about death? I just like to sit around and think about stuff that hasn't been proven yet. You know, to make my own theories that make sence to me. Like this topic for instance.

RajginKisaragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 05:03 PM   #38
LEGO
Banned

Send a message via AIM to LEGO

I have a quick question for those believers in Heaven and Hell. It's not meant to be an accusation; just something I wondered.

Why is Satan/Lucifer doing what God wants him to do (torture the bad people)?

If Satan was against God (aren't they opposites or something?) then wouldn't he want to do what God doesn't want him to do?

My idea of heaven is a place where you're only your spirit, no body, floating aimlessly and effortlessly where you please, while you are surrounded by all your family and friends who have passed away as well. I envision this place to be cosmic or on a different plane than simply a bed of clouds like many heavens are depicted as. The most key thing in my heaven is a freedom of want and desire; everyone is content.
LEGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 06:52 PM   #39
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

Oblivion appeals to the rational in me.

But seriously, I'd rather lie to myself and happily hustle off to the grave than dread the day I die.

Unfortunately I've never been religious, so even if there is a heaven, I'm guessing I'll be fucked.
talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 01:47 PM   #40
Jello
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

dont worry about it too much... you were dead up to this point, and you will die in about 80 years or so... if you went that long without being alive, whats the rest of eternity? (im someone who thinks about death more then like everyone... but even though im searching for an answer , thats the best way to look at it for now)

- Jello
Jello is offline   Reply With Quote