who wants to help me step this :^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpc2KORIwVs
I would.
Old 11-1-2010, 05:37 PM   #243
-paexaea-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Community Pack 3

Just IM me and we can do a send it one person, revise, and vice versa.

Also noted, I can't step for **** anymore. It's been a while. Also because Puppet did most of the work on 2hot2eat, I don't remember anything.
Old 11-1-2010, 05:47 PM   #244
ScylaX
urararararararara
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to ScylaX Send a message via Skype™ to ScylaX

Well, it's alright, I already have an idea on how we could work on the file.
I added you on MSN.
Old 11-1-2010, 05:50 PM   #245
gnr61
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to gnr61

Quote:
Originally Posted by -paexaea- View Post
Just IM me and we can do a send it one person, revise, and vice versa.

Also noted, I can't step for **** anymore. It's been a while. Also because Puppet did most of the work on 2hot2eat, I don't remember anything.
dont u lie i would never maek such a piece of **** file!

i think making a really hard really complicated really short file will be the best way to get back in the game so im doing that now
Old 11-1-2010, 06:40 PM   #246
sakura080789
Rapture Universe
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsphyxZero View Post
Lol I'm guessing you haven't played my file for it.
nope XD i need to keep up with stepmania i haven't been
Old 11-2-2010, 02:06 AM   #247
trumaestro
I don't get no respect
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=108525 ??????????
trumaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-2-2010, 02:38 AM   #248
moches
FFR Player

that project became DCP2, which later became Xoon 5.

this is the real deal, not some impostor "FFR" pack

EDIT: by the way I played a lot of the earlier files. these aren't really reviews but just me spitballin' about what I thought for some of them. maybe some of my (very vague) suggestions will even help!

Healing Vision RMX- I liked the beginning but the rest of the file is kinda boring. also you cut out at the most random spot ever??

Disconnected Hazard- sure why not everybody will whore this

Lunatic Gaze- pretty good file. piano holds strangely didn't bother me that much at all

Amaryllis- well-put together but could use a few more freezes (double-freezes and overlapping and such) to give the file a little more bombast. as it is it's great though

Crescendo- loved this.

Shoreline- still don't like this very much but ugh whatevs

Witchcraft- repetitive and kinda painful to hit at parts although it's very well-made.

Cocaine Voltron- sweeeet file.

A Showcage- one of your better files Scylaax

Clione- pretty sweet at parts, but other parts are either very inaccurate rhythmically or overfreezed. would you mind collabing on this since I kinda wanted to step this too but was too lazy to start it myself :3

EXTREMA PT. 2- no comment. not my cup of tea but it's good for what the song has to offer

Intermission- tbqh this was pretty boring and I didn't hear any grace notes ???

Only My Railgun- not really enjoyable imho, too much stuff being followed and it didn't feel like it went with the song ver much

Snakeman Stage- really really cool

will try everything else later

Last edited by moches; 11-2-2010 at 02:45 AM..
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-2-2010, 12:21 PM   #249
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

moches you didn't get the point of intermission lol
Old 11-2-2010, 04:03 PM   #250
Gundam-Dude
`~`

hint: it's exactly what the title implies

I will get off my ass and play **** later tonight

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-2-2010, 05:28 PM   #251
TC_Cyrenics
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TC_Cyrenics Send a message via MSN to TC_Cyrenics

Don't play Healing Vision. Play Shining Star, it's better.
TC_Cyrenics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-2-2010, 08:20 PM   #252
Dimentio
Banned

The piano holds represent the size of my cock.
Dimentio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-2-2010, 09:04 PM   #253
Gundam-Dude
`~`

(Silvuh) A Place in Time
Played the No-X version. Global offset problem (0.04 too early). Not fond of your choice to layer vocals with jumps and percussion with mines which is a bit strange to follow. Mini-jacks really don't emphasize much in the song. For a short file, there isn't anything notable that makes this replayable/interesting. いいえ

(Icyworld) Afraid of Darkness
Technical dump. 24ths/32nds are overemphasized. HSMP material, not for this pack. Insert Kommi's and Kory's reviews here. いいえ

(Icyworld) Artificial Intelligence Bomb
There were some rainbow grace notes you could've layered in but chose not to. Some hold lengths were either unnecessary (like a few of the shorter ones) or a bit long and could be shortened a bit more. Overall, solid and straightforward layering. はい

(Aeterna) Classic 4
Beat 59-64 is incorrect and doesn't feel right. Once again you have a tendency to barely vary up pattern usages to match the feel and composition of the song itself. For example, once M18 kicks in, the pattern choices and note placements don't feel right probably because they aren't that pitch relevant and you repeated the same patterns when it isn't the exact same notes being played. Beat 123 and 139, same problem. The piano notes are ascending higher yet you're repeated the same pattern which doesn't feel right at all. M34 and M38 the mini-freezes are unnecessary and what they layer is barely audible. Beat 147, jumps aren't relevant to the song when it isn't the same notes being played. Change the jump patterns to match the song. Beat 170, patterns are awkward and your piano layering here ends too early. M46 to M52, repeating patterns that don't match the feel of the song once again. M52-56 those freezes are unnecessary and what you're layering is barely audible and you had a random mini-jack that didn't emphasize anything in here. Ending hands are over emphasized. You've got the basic foundations for stepping down; Layering was fairly solid with not that many blatant errors and it was semi-consistent. Your problem is pattern usages where you barely change them up or add variation to match the ~composition~ and ~feel~ of the song you're stepping which just makes your files too awkward to playthrough for the modern day elitist ****** I mean stepman. Files with little to no variation in pattern usage and layering choices are complete snoozefests. いいえ

(Icyworld) Liberi Fatali
48th roll in the beginning is a big difficulty spike. Thought some percussive jumps could've been layered in for a few of the 4th notes that end your drum roll layering. Long holds at Beat 105 could be shortened. M35, 14th is slightly awkward; Shift a few notes before the hand placement around. M48, 48th rolls is a difficulty spike and the pattern transition into it is awkward. Beat 214.5 see if you can make the 24th patterns roll off the fingers a little bit better. They aren't hard to hit but it doesn't quite feel right. Hand jacks at M61+ aren't needed really; Water them to jumpjacks. M64+ be careful with the polyrhythm note placements, because a few sections in this stream are awkward to hit. Beat 314-321 could use some more 16th triplets to keep the file flowing. Holds at M93 could be shortened a bit. Overall, good climaxes and solid layering choices. Fix up some patterns and some of my nitpicks and I'll pass this off. 多分

(moches) Multi-Man Melee 2
M20+ personally I would layer the background 8ths to keep the file flowing more. Beat 218 I would layer as jumps for emphasis. Overall, some innovative and unique layering choices and pattern usages. A bit too minimalistic for my taste but it's solid as an easy yet enjoyable file. はい

(Yotipo91 + Detrimentalist) My Crutch
Heavy - Didn't think the long 8th note jacks following the hi-hats or whatever were that necessary. Layering is solid and easy to follow. Good as an intermediate-ish file. はい
Oni - Went overboard with the mini-freezes. Layering is consistent enough and flows well. I'll pass this off but I would much rather prefer a version with less hold abuse. はい

(Cyrenics) My Only Shining Star
Not fond of the broken up into section layering in the beginning measures. I get what you're following/layering but it doesn't flow well for me. Mini-freezes in this were unnecessary. I'm honestly not feeling a lot of those BPM gimmicks and it makes a bunch of your note placements offsync at times. M43+ 32nd [4] jacks I think would work better as [4][3][4] mini-trills. M48-49, M50-51, M52-53, and M57-58, the layering transitions break the flow and don't play out smoothly. Personally, I would layer more of the bass with 4th jumps and keep this file flowing with note placements filling up more emptier gaps since there's not much to layering in this song to be interesting. Not really feeling this file and I would not play this more than once. いいえ

(Haru-ko) Sequentia
Heads up, I'm biased for reviewing this because I like Don's and Nick's files for this song. BPM changes for colour theory were innovative despite being transitioned awkwardly/suddenly. Thought more of the vocals needed to be layering in with note placements for variation since this is almost exclusively following the guitar and instrumentals. M35+ thought the 8th note mini-jacks could be shifted to progressively ascend as the guitar rift notes get higher to fit the feel of the song more. Overall, easy to follow and I guess good enough for a pass. はい

(Icyworld) The Big Black
WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBDODODODODODODODODODODOzZZZzZzZZZzzzz いいえ

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)

Last edited by Gundam-Dude; 11-2-2010 at 09:37 PM..
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-2-2010, 09:12 PM   #254
Dimentio
Banned

agreed with the above judgments. List updated.
Dimentio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-2-2010, 10:30 PM   #255
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

so who wants to finish this file i've been wanting to send to this pack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwGR1C-m4QU
AlexDest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-3-2010, 07:15 AM   #256
moches
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
agreed with the above judgments. List updated.
Multi-Man Melee isn't up there and Croqel Part II is...

Last edited by moches; 11-3-2010 at 07:21 AM..
Old 11-3-2010, 09:15 AM   #257
sakura080789
Rapture Universe
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
[b(Aeterna) Classic 4
Beat 59-64 is incorrect and doesn't feel right. Once again you have a tendency to barely vary up pattern usages to match the feel and composition of the song itself. For example, once M18 kicks in, the pattern choices and note placements don't feel right probably because they aren't that pitch relevant and you repeated the same patterns when it isn't the exact same notes being played. Beat 123 and 139, same problem. The piano notes are ascending higher yet you're repeated the same pattern which doesn't feel right at all. M34 and M38 the mini-freezes are unnecessary and what they layer is barely audible. Beat 147, jumps aren't relevant to the song when it isn't the same notes being played. Change the jump patterns to match the song. Beat 170, patterns are awkward and your piano layering here ends too early. M46 to M52, repeating patterns that don't match the feel of the song once again. M52-56 those freezes are unnecessary and what you're layering is barely audible and you had a random mini-jack that didn't emphasize anything in here. Ending hands are over emphasized. You've got the basic foundations for stepping down; Layering was fairly solid with not that many blatant errors and it was semi-consistent. Your problem is pattern usages where you barely change them up or add variation to match the ~composition~ and ~feel~ of the song you're stepping which just makes your files too awkward to playthrough for the modern day elitist ****** I mean stepman. Files with little to no variation in pattern usage and layering choices are complete snoozefests. いいえ
woah thanks for the advice i just replayed after reading this i did notice my paterns are not really going to the sound of the song even more so when it gets to the part of Fur Elise the colored notes pitch should have been up not down im not gonna fix and re submit but i will release it as a plain.
Old 11-3-2010, 09:44 AM   #258
i love you
Live a wonderful life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by moches View Post
Witchcraft- repetitive and kinda painful to hit at parts although it's very well-made.
Sweet! Thanks moches 8)
i love you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-3-2010, 09:51 AM   #259
moches
FFR Player

no prob Rebound it wasn't the best song to step (I would have liked to see what you would have done with, say, Frozen Bond/L9) but I felt like you did a pretty good job with what there was fwiw
Old 11-3-2010, 01:57 PM   #260
TheNoSoMan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
this is what killed smgroove no don't even speak of revival packs.
Was it really that bad? Then it must had a place in history.
TheNoSoMan is offline   Reply With Quote