Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > Turbo Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-2-2023, 10:02 PM   #1
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default TWGTurbo 34: The Day's Special - POST GAME / APOLOGIES

Game Thread Here

5 4 Player Game
A Single 24 Hour Phase, Day Start. There will be no night phase of any kind
OOTC: Off
KitB: On
Minimum Posts: Off
In Thread Actions: ON
InstaLynch: OFF

Players:
Flash Flash Account As the Perceptive Merchant (Died in Day Action)
Shadow_God_10 As The Vanilla Merchant (Survived to Win)
Raeko As The Disguised Werewolf (Died at EOD)
FreezinIce As the Violent Merchant (MVP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar
On the trail towards an isolated, nameless village, 5 merchants caravanned down the mountain path to sell their leftover wares. Doing the night at the halfway point on the journey one of the merchants were violently murdered and eaten! Now, the remaining merchants must find out who among them is the murdering before he is allowed into continue into the peaceful town

As the main merchant with the wagon, you have years in selling wood and bricks to be perceptive on how others conduct business. You can see the professionalism in the grain salesmen and know that he runs a legitimate business. The others you are not so sure of, but you feel confident that you can figure out the mystery.

You are the Perceptive Merchant. You are Town Aligned and win if the town successfully votes out the Werewolf Merchant. You know that Shadow_God_10 is Vanilla Town

THE GAME STARTS AT 10PM CST
Quote:
On the trail towards an isolated, nameless village, 5 merchants caravanned down the mountain path to sell their leftover wares. Doing the night at the halfway point on the journey one of the merchants were violently murdered and eaten! Now, the remaining merchants must find out who among them is the murdering before he is allowed into continue into the peaceful town.

As a humble grain salesman, you are extremely concern that you picked the wrong wagon to follow on your journeys. Still, it's a matter of life and death....

You are the Vanilla Merchant. You win when the Werewolf has been voted out

THE GAME STARTS AT 10PM CST
Quote:
On the trail towards an isolated, nameless village, 5 merchants caravanned down the mountain path to sell their leftover wares. Doing the night at the halfway point on the journey one of the merchants were violently murdered and eaten! Now, the remaining merchants must find out who among them is the murdering before he is allowed into continue into the peaceful town

You can not let that happen

As a Werewolf that needs to find another town for their pack to feed on, you decided to follow this wagon to the next village away from the city. You pretended your knapsack full of bone was merchandise and thankfully no one questioned it, but hunger took over on a full moon and you murdered one of the travelers. Still outnumbered, you decide to use quick wits and deception to trick the merchants to turn on one another.

You are the Werewolf (Fake) Merchant. You win if you survive the game until the end

Game starts at 10PM CST
Quote:

As an knives dealer, you feel qualified to take on the job moreso then anyone, especially since you brought a single shot pistol--the only gun on this side of the mountain. You've kept it hidden because the wagon master might have objected, but know it will come to great use in defeating your supernatural foe. The piece needs repair, though, but it should be ready well before nightfall.

You are the Violent Merchant. After 3PM Tuesday, May 2nd until the end of the game you may submit a kill to any player as an In Thread Action to be resolved at the top of the next hour from submission. You Win when the werewolf has died by any means

PLEASE SEND ITAs ON FFR, NOT DISCORD. THANKS

Game starts at 10PM CST

I have positive things to say about the players, but very negative things to say about the set up, mechanics, and choices I made. This was a very bad game that got to be as good as it was because of you guys. I will go into more detail on my feelings in my next post

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 05-2-2023, 10:06 PM   #2
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Default Re: TWGTurbo 34: The Day's Special - POST GAME / APOLOGIES

Good shit tbh

I had a good time playing that I laughed so much!! GG everyone
Old 05-2-2023, 10:13 PM   #3
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

This game was so unbalancedly stupid that my brain hurts and I am ashamed that I put you through all of that. For starters, I should have simply postponed the game when I didn't receive 5 confirmations. Instead I pressured myself not to postpone it again and let it ride with 4 instead and that should have never happened. Furthermore, I cut one of the VT when I should have cut the Perceptive Merchant role. 2 minutes after I started the game I suddenly realized that with four people the game could have been won in under five minutes. That should have never been a possibility and I apologize for it.

As it turned out FFA never got to play and the game did move to F3, but even then I should have NEVER revealed who made the shot and allowed for counterclaims. the whole thing became a thunderdome with very little in the way of mechanical details to swing discussions.

I had original skewed the game to favor town because without wagons to examine, the game is very wolf sided. Because of this I added a bunch of ways for town to play smart and narrow it down to two people (including ways for town to find themselves with flavor text) but in practice all I really did was make Freezin sit there and watch two players point fingers and then make a coin toss.

Well that sells Freezin short because they absolutely did did put serious thought into the game and made the right call, but it was still an unfair situation to put someone in.

I do believe in the single day format and I do believe I could make a setup that is engaging and possible for both sides with a low player count, but this ain't it ever

Old 05-2-2023, 10:14 PM   #4
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Good game peeps.

I echo what MML said, Raeko played an almost flawless game as a wolf and should have won there 9 times out of 10. She leveraged lewdys nonsense posts against him very well in ways i found myself agreeing with and replicated her tone as town perfectly.

Lewdys biggest strength was the volume of posts, even if a lot of them were complete BS i got a decent tone and volume read. They say to be wrong is to be human and lewdy personified that this game. I still probably vote him over raeko in most cases just because i cant bet the game on a tone read.

(Un)fortunately, the last bit of posts including the massive ATE kind of blew that wide open and i knew lewdy was never a wolf there. Ill probably have more thoughts later.

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED
Old 05-2-2023, 10:15 PM   #5
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Apologies to Hate, he didn't see the confirmation until right after game start and had I postponed this could have ran the next day as intended

Also Apologies to FFA who told me in his confirmation that he would be asleep SOD and I told him it was cool if he missed the start. I didn't realize or think that he might have had to wake up and go to work for a shift and miss more of the game then I thought.

Old 05-2-2023, 10:16 PM   #6
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Oh thats a lot of good stuff MML posted ill have thoughts on it in a bit.

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Old 05-2-2023, 10:23 PM   #7
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
This game was so unbalancedly stupid that my brain hurts and I am ashamed that I put you through all of that. For starters, I should have simply postponed the game when I didn't receive 5 confirmations. Instead I pressured myself not to postpone it again and let it ride with 4 instead and that should have never happened. Furthermore, I cut one of the VT when I should have cut the Perceptive Merchant role. 2 minutes after I started the game I suddenly realized that with four people the game could have been won in under five minutes. That should have never been a possibility and I apologize for it.

As it turned out FFA never got to play and the game did move to F3, but even then I should have NEVER revealed who made the shot and allowed for counterclaims. the whole thing became a thunderdome with very little in the way of mechanical details to swing discussions.

I had original skewed the game to favor town because without wagons to examine, the game is very wolf sided. Because of this I added a bunch of ways for town to play smart and narrow it down to two people (including ways for town to find themselves with flavor text) but in practice all I really did was make Freezin sit there and watch two players point fingers and then make a coin toss.

Well that sells Freezin short because they absolutely did did put serious thought into the game and made the right call, but it was still an unfair situation to put someone in.

I do believe in the single day format and I do believe I could make a setup that is engaging and possible for both sides with a low player count, but this ain't it ever
Yeah i immediately figured the game could be broken with mass claiming. I would shoot one of the duplicate claims and town would kill the other for a 100% win chance. I just figured there was no way the game could be that unbalanced and figured you would include a True Name Nemesis (A kind of real time name based roleblock mechanic) or some other way to punish public sharing of role names.

I was kinda thrown off by my ITA being publicly announced as well but i didnt think ill of it in the moment, just rolled with the punches. It wouldve been pretty awesome if the ITA wasnt announced and me and raeko would have to fight in a thunderdome once i claimed my role. Wouldve given lewdy a different vector to try to express himself in the game, felt like he was spinning his wheels at times in the later parts of the day.

You were overall a great host and i would love to play a properly balanced version of this game again!

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Quote:

Last edited by FreezinIce; 05-2-2023 at 10:47 PM..
Old 05-2-2023, 10:30 PM   #8
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
You were overall a great host and i would love to play a properly balanced version of this game again!
same
Old 05-2-2023, 10:37 PM   #9
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

I was just talking to Raeko about this a hot minute ago...This will very likely be the last game of TWG I ever play....I felt really gross after the win...Playing TWG is not for me anymore

I look at how fucking heated and angry I got with Raerae and just....My anxiety skyrockets and it's a VERY uncomfortable sensation to feel in hindsight. This game has taught me that I'm not a very great player by any means, but I think I'll be a much better host of games for everyone to play
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Old 05-2-2023, 10:43 PM   #10
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
I was just talking to Raeko about this a hot minute ago...This will very likely be the last game of TWG I ever play....I felt really gross after the win...Playing TWG is not for me anymore

I look at how fucking heated and angry I got with Raerae and just....My anxiety skyrockets and it's a VERY uncomfortable sensation to feel in hindsight. This game has taught me that I'm not a very great player by any means, but I think I'll be a much better host of games for everyone to play
Stop dude

Its games like this that make you better, people arnt born being good at twg, it takes a lot of games under your belt before you can start seeing solid improvements. What you need to do is keep playing.

Also obviously despite what i said i dont think any less of you for using ATE to win. Whats important is you learn from the experience for the future

Also i like playing with you so theres that

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Quote:

Last edited by FreezinIce; 05-2-2023 at 10:43 PM..
Old 05-2-2023, 10:50 PM   #11
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Adding on, speaking from personal experience i was a LOT meaner and more volatile as a player when i started. Only by experiencing character building games like this one can you grow as a player to become more logical and even tempered. I saw flashes of that near the end, you have definitive strengths as a twg player, you just need more games to refine them

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Quote:
Old 05-2-2023, 10:57 PM   #12
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post

No, all of that is on me

I basically put you in a situation where you either don't care and stop playing or you play from raw emotion. You picked the one that allowed the game to continue for other players and I thank you for that.

I'm sorry it was not a good experience, but that is not your fault

Old 05-2-2023, 11:07 PM   #13
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Yeah i immediately figured the game could be broken with mass claiming. I would shoot one of the duplicate claims and town would kill the other for a 100% win chance. I just figured there was no way the game could be that unbalanced and figured you would include a True Name Nemesis (A kind of real time name based roleblock mechanic) or some other way to punish public sharing of role names.
It was a weird feeling reading that compliment that I would be smarter then that

Quote:
I was kinda thrown off by my ITA being publicly announced as well but i didnt think ill of it in the moment, just rolled with the punches. It wouldve been pretty awesome if the ITA wasnt announced and me and raeko would have to fight in a thunderdome once i claimed my role. Wouldve given lewdy a different vector to try to express himself in the game, felt like he was spinning his wheels at times in the later parts of the day.
I assumed it the thread knew it could have created drama but with so few players it obviously wasn't going to happen. I basically instantly regretted that and should have changed my mind mid game. You're absolutely right here

Quote:
I appriciate that, and yeah; I absolutely want to polish this and make it work

Old 05-2-2023, 11:25 PM   #14
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

I do want to give a shoutout to Lar, my man literally Macgyvered a game with what he had and we as the small roster made it work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Old 05-2-2023, 11:39 PM   #15
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."

Hey no need to beat yourself like this, man, no one wants that.

Also

Quote:
Apologies to Hate, he didn't see the confirmation until right after game start and had I postponed this could have ran the next day as intended
Nah, this is not on you. I saw your message the moment you sent it, I just didn't reply. I 100% thought I did, but I could see that it was marked as unreplied in my inbox and didn't find out until the game started and saw that I was not in the roster. You did nothing wrong!
Old 05-3-2023, 08:36 AM   #16
mellon_collie
FFR Player

still waiting on those stats Lewdy was threatening me with.......
Old 05-3-2023, 12:03 PM   #17
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Next time i want to make a threat ill say im getting the stats.

Once i get the stats its ogre

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Quote:
Old 05-3-2023, 01:53 PM   #18
flashflash account
FFR Player

In the end it's good that I died because I had an appointment rescheduled for that day and was pretty busy

-----

Quote:
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Old 05-3-2023, 09:57 PM   #19
FreezinIce
FFR Player

So when we gonna run that game back?

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Quote:
Old 05-3-2023, 10:17 PM   #20
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
So when we gonna run that game back?
I'd have to sit and tinker with mechanics and see how I want to change it, and I also might be subbing back in for Champs so

IDK at least a month out?

Think I gonna axe the Perceptive role

Closed Thread