Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2014, 12:01 PM   #1
Snowcrafta
V's beta-male entourage

Send a message via AIM to Snowcrafta
Default The Walking Dead season 5

As you may already know, last Sunday was the season 5 premier of The Walking Dead. If you havent been watching it, you've heard of it. It's AMC's mega popular zombie apocalypse television series based off of the comic book series of the same name. Seasons 1-4 are available on netflix, so it's extremely easy to catch up on if you want to join the mobs of people who can't stop gushing about just how AWESOME the show is.

After a major cliffhanger at the end of season 4, The group manages to get themselves all back together.

I was honestly shocked to see that they managed to escape Terminus in a singe episode. I was honestly expecting a little more story arc revolving around it, and I'm disappointed that we never really got to seem much of what the people of Terminus did. I wasn't 100% sure that they were cannibals, or just had a hard on for killing people and robbing them of supplies.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:31 PM   #2
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: The Walking Dead season 5

To answer your spoiler, they showed the "Then" section and whoever was in Terminus first, did the same thing the group in the episode did to Rick and the Gang. It didn't seem like they were cannibals but they foreshadowed it with the troph scene.

I really loved the fact that Carol was shown as the dominant force in the new season though. And I've always loved the bond between Carol and Daryl. The only question is, where is Beth if Judith is now reunited with Rick and Carl? Last I knew, Beth was in a hospital and still alive.

Last edited by _Zenith_; 10-14-2014 at 01:32 PM..
_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 05:05 PM   #3
Snowcrafta
V's beta-male entourage

Regarding Beth, she got kidnapped right towards the end of season 4, so I'm sure we'll see some more of her arc coming up in the next episode or two
Old 10-14-2014, 05:07 PM   #4
Tarrik
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tarrik Send a message via Skype™ to Tarrik

In your opinions..Is the show worth picking up? I'm iffy on trying it but i'm in need of something new.

Really just need someone to nudge me over to the dark side lol

Last edited by Tarrik; 10-14-2014 at 05:07 PM..
Tarrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 05:09 PM   #5
Snowcrafta
V's beta-male entourage

The show is entirely worth picking up. The first season is only 6 episodes long, and you'll probably be 100% hooked by about episode 3. It gets better and better, and you never know who is going to get bitten and die at any given time.

You will very much enjoy the series. I was hesitant to start it because people obsess over zombies, but a huge chunk of the story revolves around the survivors, not the walkers.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:24 PM   #6
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

I disliked the idea of watching The Walking Dead at first.

I got bored and needed something to watch on Netflix, so I picked it up and I was hooked by the third episode. Seasons 3 and 4 is boring though so you'll probably not pay attention to minute details.

Old 10-14-2014, 05:50 PM   #7
Snowcrafta
V's beta-male entourage

Season 3 was almost entirely about the town and the governor, I enjoyed it very much. Season 4 during the first half was extremely exciting up to and including mid season, but the second half of season 4 was pretty dull.

Season 5 started with a bang, and I'm hoping it keeps up
Old 10-14-2014, 05:54 PM   #8
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowcrafta View Post
Season 3 was almost entirely about the town and the governor, I enjoyed it very much. Season 4 during the first half was extremely exciting up to and including mid season, but the second half of season 4 was pretty dull.

Season 5 started with a bang, and I'm hoping it keeps up
I know but when I started I was so used to the fast action that was in Seasons 1 and 2 and it died off when they were going between the town and the prison. I haven't gotten to watch half of Season 4 sadly, only saw a few episodes on TV :[

Season 5's premiere was amazing, but the first 10 minutes for people with weak stomachs is definitely something I'd watch with one eye, and maybe a bucket.

Last edited by _Zenith_; 10-14-2014 at 05:54 PM..
Old 10-14-2014, 06:07 PM   #9
Snowcrafta
V's beta-male entourage

You *Have* to do season 4, there was a lot that happened, even though the action dies down a ton in the second half, the story of the characters develops significantly
Old 10-14-2014, 08:33 PM   #10
Jtehanonymous
Hunger Games Hunty
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Jtehanonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
Season 5's premiere was amazing, but the first 10 minutes for people with weak stomachs is definitely something I'd watch with one eye, and maybe a bucket.
I am terrible with stabbing/knives to throats and that sort of thing so the first ten minutes was a trainwreck for me, rofl. I was looking away and cringing more than I was watching it.

I agree that the very first episode of this new season was so fast paced! Surprised just how far along the story moved in that time.

I read the comics and the preview for the next episode has me excited about the crazy priest guy. I wonder how close it'll be to the comics. In this section of the comics, I remember one of them gets kidnapped by REAL cannibals while in the neighborhood with the priest.

I buy all FFR Trading Cards I don't own:
See My FFR TCG Binder

Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
Jtehanonymous

You have completed the Lucky Achievement and will be awarded 25k credits.

seriously what the fuck.

Last edited by Jtehanonymous; 10-14-2014 at 08:33 PM..
Jtehanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:02 PM   #11
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

I was really hyped about seeing Morgan again at the ending at the sign of Terminus. I've always liked him since the beginning but the episode in Season 3 when Rick and Morgan meet up again was so heartbreaking to watch. I remember first thinking when I had watched it that Rick was dead but then again, nothing can kill Rick... yet!

Old 10-15-2014, 11:08 AM   #12
Lambdadelta
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Contemplating rewatching every season again while waiting for new episodes to come on the internet since I don't have the channel on TV :/

Btw for those of you who are lazy fucks and don't wanna get shit off netflix then I invite you to tvids.net though I'd be weary of it because I think I got a couple viruses off here once, the episodes are usually up 24 hours after it is on TV.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:55 PM   #13
Nyokou
( ̄ー ̄)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Nyokou

Fifth season is pretty good so far.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:56 PM   #14
Jtehanonymous
Hunger Games Hunty
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambdadelta View Post
Btw for those of you who are lazy fucks and don't wanna get shit off netflix then I invite you to tvids.net though I'd be weary of it because I think I got a couple viruses off here once, the episodes are usually up 24 hours after it is on TV.
Project Free TV is pretty good too~

This talks about the most recent episode:
So I saw an image of Bob getting his leg eaten and it had the characters from Bob's Burgers eating Bob. lolol
It'll be interesting to see how the priest is related to those bandits that kidnapped Bob but the comic book already explains this and they'll probably use the same explanation.

See My FFR TCG Binder

Quote:
Jtehanonymous

seriously what the fuck.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:20 PM   #15
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Is he related to the crew from Terminus? I didn't pick up on that, but I thought Episode 2 was bland except for that ending. And I really thought that the one dude was killed when he did all that shit to Judith. I also cannot wait to see when Morgan decides to show up again in this season :]

Old 10-24-2014, 02:24 PM   #16
Jtehanonymous
Hunger Games Hunty
FFR Veteran

Quote:

Is he related to the crew from Terminus? I didn't pick up on that, but I thought Episode 2 was bland except for that ending. And I really thought that the one dude was killed when he did all that shit to Judith. I also cannot wait to see when Morgan decides to show up again in this season :]
As far as I know, the priest is completely unrelated to the Terminus crew. He also states that he hasn't left very far beyond the church since it all started, if you can trust his words. haha. but even in the comic book, he's not related to anything that's happened before at all.

And never trust someone is dead until you see their death I suppose~ surprised too.

I loved how Carol is getting mad props from everyone and she's just like "ya my d is big and..?"

I wonder how they'll explain Morgan's son's death :'( He wasn't with Morgan in that preview

See My FFR TCG Binder

Quote:
Jtehanonymous

seriously what the fuck.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:29 PM   #17
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtehanonymous View Post
As far as I know, the priest is completely unrelated to the Terminus crew. He also states that he hasn't left very far beyond the church since it all started, if you can trust his words. haha. but even in the comic book, he's not related to anything that's happened before at all.

And never trust someone is dead until you see their death I suppose~ surprised too.

I loved how Carol is getting mad props from everyone and she's just like "ya my d is big and..?"

I wonder how they'll explain Morgan's son's death :'( He wasn't with Morgan in that preview

They explained his son's death in Season 3, when Rick and Morgan reunite. Morgan and his son found Morgan's wife again (Shown in the first episode) and his son couldn't shoot her, so she had bitten him and they were both walkers, and Morgan had to put them both down. He says "I couldn't do it earlier, and this is what I get for not being strong enough" in the reunite episode

Old 10-24-2014, 02:31 PM   #18
Jtehanonymous
Hunger Games Hunty
FFR Veteran

Quote:

They explained his son's death in Season 3, when Rick and Morgan reunite. Morgan and his son found Morgan's wife again (Shown in the first episode) and his son couldn't shoot her, so she had bitten him and they were both walkers, and Morgan had to put them both down. He says "I couldn't do it earlier, and this is what I get for not being strong enough" in the reunite episode
Ahhh I totally forgot about that whole part, lmao oops

Also Daryll is going to be fucking up shit to save Beth next episode most likely so yay

See My FFR TCG Binder

Quote:
Jtehanonymous

seriously what the fuck.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:34 PM   #19
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtehanonymous View Post
Ahhh I totally forgot about that whole part, lmao oops

Also Daryll is going to be fucking up shit to save Beth next episode most likely so yay

Yessssss, I can't wait to see what happens! I didn't catch all of it sadly so I didn't get to confirm myself to if it was Beth or not, but I did hear Daryll scream her name and go after her. What I'm expecting next episode is the group realizing Bob is gone and probably going to look for him and get ambushed again or something along those lines. You'll never know with the Walking Dead!

Old 10-24-2014, 02:38 PM   #20
Jtehanonymous
Hunger Games Hunty
FFR Veteran

Quote:

Yessssss, I can't wait to see what happens! I didn't catch all of it sadly so I didn't get to confirm myself to if it was Beth or not, but I did hear Daryll scream her name and go after her. What I'm expecting next episode is the group realizing Bob is gone and probably going to look for him and get ambushed again or something along those lines. You'll never know with the Walking Dead!
So I think they're going to go look for him too and I agree it looks like they get ambushed and some of the least important characters will get captured too. However, I keep thinking about Bob crying before he got ambushed and what prompted that.

I think Bob got BIT when we was dragged under the water at the food distribution center and hid it from the group. He went outside to cry when he saw everyone was so happy and he was leaving them behind.

So....... the cannibals are EATING a part of bob and Bob was potentially bitten by a walker in that slime. I think I don't have to explain what happens next to the cannibals. Just a theory though....

See My FFR TCG Binder

Quote:
Jtehanonymous

seriously what the fuck.

Last edited by Jtehanonymous; 10-24-2014 at 02:39 PM..