Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-8-2020, 08:36 PM   #361
TWG Del
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Chief View Post
None of us, not a single one of us, would have guessed this.
that was me responding to being frustrated by the obvious gimmick posting
Old 03-8-2020, 08:38 PM   #362
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Rolf View Post
While mentioning Apollo though, I will say I don't really understand the flak on them for that intial post about Agent being the acquisitioner. I had it taken as a joke because there's no way anyone could have that read when acquisitioner wasn't able to take over any other accounts yet so there's no difference between playstyles to look at here. Unless people throwing shade on them for that is solely because they think it's coming from a newer player that rolled acquisitioner and has no idea how they should go about playing it yet?
It's not the initial post that got me, it's the fact that they kept asking about it by quoting themselves. There's a difference between making a joke read and repeating it over and over.
Old 03-8-2020, 08:39 PM   #363
TWG Julian
FFR Player

regarding apollo: my guess is he went there because agent s talked about sidekicks. acquiring people is a bit like turning them into sidekicks!
Old 03-8-2020, 08:40 PM   #364
TWG Molly
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
i'd bet my horn that molly is a wolf!

check out this post history (pretty much every other post is irrelevant horsing around). aside from the post about apollo, none of this seems like it's coming from a townie mindset. answering for tank is wolfy, and posts like the last one are sooooooo commentary mode. in fact, their whole tone seems almost robotic, or at least overly formal. even the townie stuff (asking questions and following up when someone doesn't answer, making your vote match your convictions) is surface level and awkward. there's nothing genuine behind it. this is someone who knows what others look for when they try to townread someone and is following that "code of conduct." their endgoal isn't solving the game: it's to look townie.
I'll admit, answering for Tank was wolfy behavior on my part. I tend to be overly worried about what people think of my posts (regardless of role/alignment); I'm trying to get over that since I think as a general rule of thumb, (as a towny) it's best to just say what one thinks in order to provide town with as much information as possible. Of course, there are certain exceptions, like the situation with me answering for Tank. It was a lapse in my judgement; I should have put more thought into what is best for town before I post. I had immediately regretted the post a few moments after posting it; I'm glad that Phil called me out on it in particular.

The post you mention that's in "commentary mode" was made to argue for the validity for voting for the inactives at the time. There were two inactives at that point in time and I was hoping that message would encourage others to put pressure on the other inactive at that moment in time.

I apologize if you don't like my "formal" or "robotic" tone; unless I'm roleplaying, that's just going to be the way I type. If you weally pwefew, I can wespond like this instead.
Old 03-8-2020, 08:44 PM   #365
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Molly View Post
I'll admit, answering for Tank was wolfy behavior on my part. I tend to be overly worried about what people think of my posts (regardless of role/alignment); I'm trying to get over that since I think as a general rule of thumb, (as a towny) it's best to just say what one thinks in order to provide town with as much information as possible. Of course, there are certain exceptions, like the situation with me answering for Tank. It was a lapse in my judgement; I should have put more thought into what is best for town before I post. I had immediately regretted the post a few moments after posting it; I'm glad that Phil called me out on it in particular.

The post you mention that's in "commentary mode" was made to argue for the validity for voting for the inactives at the time. There were two inactives at that point in time and I was hoping that message would encourage others to put pressure on the other inactive at that moment in time.

I apologize if you don't like my "formal" or "robotic" tone; unless I'm roleplaying, that's just going to be the way I type. If you weally pwefew, I can wespond like this instead.
i think i like this response. pretty sure i do. at the very least, i don't feel inclined to push on you anymore. let's see how the rest of the phase pans out for you!
Old 03-8-2020, 08:45 PM   #366
TWG Julian
FFR Player

switching over to punchy. vibe seems off!
Old 03-8-2020, 08:47 PM   #367
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Old 03-8-2020, 08:49 PM   #368
TWG Rolf
FFR Player

Quote:
i'd bet my horn that molly is a wolf!

check out this post history (pretty much every other post is irrelevant horsing around). aside from the post about apollo, none of this seems like it's coming from a townie mindset. answering for tank is wolfy, and posts like the last one are sooooooo commentary mode. in fact, their whole tone seems almost robotic, or at least overly formal. even the townie stuff (asking questions and following up when someone doesn't answer, making your vote match your convictions) is surface level and awkward. there's nothing genuine behind it. this is someone who knows what others look for when they try to townread someone and is following that "code of conduct." their endgoal isn't solving the game: it's to look townie.
While the case here isn't strong enough personally for me to get antsy for a vote on them, I can at least see where they're coming from it's honest. I'm not sure I'd go ahead and say that all of answering for somebody would be wolfy, but it's something to keep a note of, especially when there's the potential for it to happen multiple times for the same player like what I thought was happening when it seemed Dora was doing the same thing.
Quote:
regarding the acquisitioner taking over an inactive vs active slot: all depends on who's playing the acquisitioner! inactive slot is easier to pull off but less worthwhile, active is harder since they'll have to mimic them but has a much greater payoff (clean slot, like dora said)! we can't assume which route they're going to take this early in the game!
Not shoehorning into acquisitioner acting a certain way and playing solely based on that, but keeping worlds open.
Quote:
i'm glad my case is resonating with people and the pressure is being put on molly, but let's be careful not to get tunnel vision either! it's just a hunch at this point!
There's a very slight chance this could be a setup for backtracking if molly ends up getting lynched and ends up being town, but I think it's more likely here that they're just cautious about wagons forming too quickly which is a towny mindset.
Old 03-8-2020, 08:50 PM   #369
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
switching over to punchy. vibe seems off!
ooooooooookayyyyyyyyyyyy, wanna clarify what is it that seems off?
Old 03-8-2020, 08:52 PM   #370
TWG Del
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
time is better spent focusing on the entities in the game, instead of dwelling on the ones missing. p sure we're all aware of the inactives by this point
Old 03-8-2020, 08:53 PM   #371
TWG Tank
FFR Player

sis im happy to wingman for you
no need to freak out any time someone mentions punchy
Old 03-8-2020, 08:55 PM   #372
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
ooooooooookayyyyyyyyyyyy, wanna clarify what is it that seems off?
already did!

Quote:
punchy's kinda wolfy! making a big quote post like that is classic wolf behavior! also ruins the thread's feng shui...yuck!
Quote:
not shrugging it off! it's just a classic wolf move to make a post like that! gives them lots of time to go through, read it over, make some edits, make sure it all makes sense before sending it out into the world.

speaking of editing:

what's the name for when a wolf is more likely to make errors like this because they're going back and editing/fine-tuning their posts? can't remember!

otherwise, the content of the post was fine. not wolfy but not towny either.
Old 03-8-2020, 08:58 PM   #373
TWG Rolf
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Chief View Post
I took some time, mostly to reread the game.
01) Agent S NULL
02) Apollo TOWN
03) Boomer TOWN
04) Cherry NULL
05) Chief TOWN
06) Del NULL
07) Dora W LEAN
08) Dotty NULL
09) Fauna NULL
10) Flurry TOWN
11) Julian W LEAN
12) Maple NULL
13) Mathilda NULL
14) Melba NULL
15) Molly NULL
16) Phil TOWN
17) Punchy TOWN
18) Rolf NULL
19) Tank TOWN
20) Zucker NULL
Not really a fan, more use would be gotten from having more information on thoughts on smaller group of players than just listing all the players with nothing else to go on. Though they have somewhat already been posting thoughts on a smaller group of players, doing this seems like it's just to appease Phil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
D0 read list? Must be a wolf chief
Doing a minimalist reads list like that is something that wolves have done often on this site, so that's not far off at all
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
apollo
lmao
No reasoning for this vote here, so it's not clear if the vote is solely based on voting chief or if there was previous issues as well, if it's for voting chief there then again my point regarding wolves making reads lists like that before and also the rest of these posts here which while there's a slight backtrack regarding something being directed towards different player, they still decided to stick with it:
Quote:
for someone who accuses people of not thinking, I'm not seeing the gears turning for you very much
a lot of peanuts being thrown
lets see some tomatoes and roses
Quote:
Iso'd chief to make sure my feelings were remembered correctly
He can die
0 progress in reads that I can really follow, the one thing that got the closest was him telling someone they can hang (which I think doesnt mean hang from a noose)

Also made fun of me for voting the person who talk woke this but also said they want to see them off the island
Quote:
Whoops
Meant to do this
chief
Quote:
ah fuck, they said it to agent s and not to the other person
well, most of it still sticks
MAKE READS OR DIE KTHX
Old 03-8-2020, 09:00 PM   #374
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

unvote

Melba still below 5 posts so, I'm assuming a 5th post will happen soon.

I'd like to hear more from Zucker at this point.
Old 03-8-2020, 09:01 PM   #375
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Someone called me out but I forgot who it was
Old 03-8-2020, 09:04 PM   #376
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
already did!
aaaaaaaaalrighttttt..

because I'm pretty sure (like 75% sure) I know who you are now,

and that person I'm pretty sure of is playing the exact same way they did when they were wolf one game in d0.

And I don't have enough game meta data to disprove that or say otherwise.

<insert eyebrow raised emoji>
Old 03-8-2020, 09:06 PM   #377
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
aaaaaaaaalrighttttt..

and that person I'm pretty sure of is playing the exact same way they did when they were wolf one game in d0.

I feel like I'm forced to town read you until the end of the game for that.
Old 03-8-2020, 09:07 PM   #378
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Also my vote on chief was a joke and anyone who took it seriously is a joke
Old 03-8-2020, 09:08 PM   #379
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Also someone wanted to talk do LETS SQUAK IT OUT
Old 03-8-2020, 09:08 PM   #380
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Quote:
aaaaaaaaalrighttttt..

to make sure i'm understanding you right, you're saying you think you know who i am and i'm playing the same way i did when i was a wolf?
Closed Thread