Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Writing and Literature
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2006, 09:49 AM   #1
Thassodar
FFR Player

Default Untitled Story #0

This is a prequel of sorts to the Stoyry #1. Unlike Story #1 I had this one already typed and saved, as I had written it for my Creative Writing course. Feel free to read this one, then Story #1, but I did release story #1 first for a reason. Violence is no stranger in this story. Enjoy...

-----------

“You. Yes you. Why don’t you do something for once?” he demanded, his large white finger pointing at the figure standing in the corner.
Aceko just stared at him. Or so he though. He couldn’t really tell, since Aceko insisted on wearing sunglasses all the time.
“Grotans, calm down.” a unseen speaker said.
“I will not. This whole mission he has done nothing. All he does is stand in the corner, cowering in fear.” Grotans said.
“He was told to come with us on this mission for a reason. He must have some use. Besides, they said he was dangerous.” the invisible individual said.
“I know his use; it’s to take up space. How about I grind his blue face into the floor?” he said, fingering his great sword. “Maybe then he’ll DO something.”
“Grotans, calm down. Let us continue to the next area carefully. Do not allow your anger to cloud your concentration. We must complete the mission with, or without him.” the unseen speaker said. “Melkaps, scout the next room.”
“As you command, leader.” a new voice said. Slowly a shadow crept across the room. Upon reaching the metal hatch across the room, it slowed and gradually melted under the obstacle.
After a few moments, each member heard a small beep in their ears, followed by a voice.
“All clear. Large room. High ceiling.” Melkaps reported. “It has all the signs of a trap, yet I can’t find one. Be wary. Hiding for now. Kaps, out.”
“All right guys, I will open the hatch. Grotans you follow. Aceko, try to stay alive.” the voice said.
Slowly the latch on the hatch started to turn. An invisible force started to open it. Right after the door opened partially, there was a erratic transmission:
“Wait! There’s something wrong. Ah! What the ----! Stop!” followed by static and struggling noises. Then there was gurgling.
“Melkaps!”
There was barely enough time to move out of the way before the hatch blew off its hinges and flew into the room. It bounced off of Grotans, and bounded into the corner.
Unprepared, Grotans observed himself, started turning a dark green color, and rushed into the next room. He let out a loud battle cry, stunning anyone not trained against it. Immediately the next room was full of Trojas, an elite group of mercenaries. There were about 16 of them. Many of them hung suspended from the ceiling
They were all in obsidian battle armor, from head to toe. Their faces were not able to be seen, they all wore helmets. They stood 7 feet tall, and glowed from the protection of personal shields. All of them armed to the teeth with phase-blades, lazguns, and many weapons not available for purchase anywhere.
The leader, taller and in slightly blue armor, recovered first. He held his red phase-blade in front of him.
“You are in violation of Freedom Code 17. Do not resist, you will be killed. All enemies of Vlocans Corp. are to be persecuted.”
Grotans, a deep color of green, snarled.
“Resist my foot in your ass.”
He then proceeded to bound into the main cluster, throwing five Trojas into the air. An unseen person pulled out two phase-blades, starting combat with three Trojas.
Aceko went to the corner.
Grotans punched one Troja, causing him to crash into the wall. The Trojas landed there, unconscious or dead. Grotans then proceeded to ignore lazguns fire and sweep one arm to the right, hitting two Trojas and missing the leader. Grotans roared, pulling his great sword off of his back. He held it in front of him, bouncing lazgun fire around the room. He swung it in a horizontal arc, canceling out three of his enemy’s shields.
The seemingly free-floating phase-blades dodged, parried, and struck with blinding speed, their colors blurring with the speed. Two of the three Trojas fighting the thing attacked just as swiftly, blocking the moves with unerring efficiency. The third, distracted by the commotion behind him, lost his concentration and was dispatched quickly. He was a stub with no arms or legs before he hit the ground.
And Aceko stood in the corner.
Grotans, weakening from the constant lazgun fire, started turning a reddish color. He grunted and lifted his sword high in the air, preparing to crush the leader and any other fools nearby.
The leader slowly backed up, reaching for his thigh. There was an odd tube there, bright blue, with a narrow shaft coming from the tip. He lifted the tube, holding the shaft towards Grotans. A blinding flash of blue light erupted from the tip, hitting Grotans squarely in the chest, hurtling him backwards into the wall. The wall groaned and bended outwards, straining from the force. His armor melted and fused with the floor.
“Grotans!” the voice inbetween the phase-blades screamed.
That moment almost cost the wielder of the blades their life, because the leader fired at them, too. In the split second it took for the blinding blue light to reach the blademaster, the wielder held the phase-blades in an X, hoping to block it.
That may have saved the wielders life, for it bent the blades inward before shattering them and hitting the wielder. Though the force of the attack was diminished, it still threw the blademaster into the wall, causing their cloaking to fail.
The attack had melted pieces of metal into the wielder’s hands. The wielder, now exposed, laid in a heap motionless. The person, barely conscious, started to stir.
Before they could start to rise, the leader of the remaining Trojas kicked them in the ribs.
“Your death was inevitable. You chose to resist, causing your death. According to our contract, created by the Vlocans Corp., you must die.” he said
“How….did….you….know?” the heap moaned.
“That is not information you need, for you will soon die.” the leader said. “Kill it.”
The remaining seven Trojas started to move in, leveling their lazguns.
Now Aceko started to move.
He moved efficiently, swiftly, with purpose. He darted between three Trojas and stood in front of the heap. His outfit was extraordinarily black. In fact, it seemed to absorb light. Its shape, if there was a shape in all the blackness, seemed to resemble a trench coat. He wore a wide-brimmed hat that covered his face. His skin was a deep blue that seemed almost as black as his coat. There was a dark aura around him as he spoke:
“Your suffering feeds me.” an unbelievably deep voice said.
. The leader turned around, finally noticing Aceko. He started to lift the tube, to fire it at the figure.
“Your will all di------!!!!” the leader had no time to finish, as his throat was crushed before he knew that Aceko had moved.
“Shut. Up.”
“Man down! Alpha formation!” a Troja yelled. They all dual wielded their lazguns and phase-blades, surrounding Aceko in short order.
“Humorous.” Aceko said. “Shoot me. Fight me. I hunger for your suffering.”
The Trojas took no time to fire. Each shot, perfectly aimed, was absorbed by the aura surrounding Aceko. There was movement under his coat as one hand, covered by a glove, shot out from under it. A black orb was seized in his palm, etched with white runes. Blackness shot from the orb, hitting a Troja.
The effect was spectacular. The Troja screamed in agony as all of his life and pain was absorbed into nothingness, a miniature black hole forming where he was hit. His soul, his life, his emotions and feelings were gone in an instant. His personal shield protected him naught.
“He’s not normal, commence operation Gamma!” a Troja yelled.
Each Troja then pulled out a box, which expanded into a thick Plascreet shield. The formed a Plascreet wall around Aceko.
“Your protection means nothing. Allow me to consume you.” Aceko taunted. “Fight me in one on one combat. You will not hit me otherwise.”
The Trojas, ignoring his comments, started to close the circle in. They intended to encapsulate him until they could all thrust their phase-blades at him at one time, an unavoidable death. Or so they thought.
“This is becoming tiresome.” Aceko’s voice vibrated in the room. He took the orb, still extended in his palm, and held it upwards. It started to float a few feet above him. Slowly, it began to rotate counter-clockwise, gaining speed after each rotation. A slight wind started to pick up, centering from the orb.
One by one there was a whoosh as each Plascreet shield was ripped from the holder’s hands. The black hole didn’t stop there either; it continued to consume their weapons, phase-blades, grenades, and a one of them lost their helmet as well. That one Troja that was exposed to air died immediately, for it was not his natural atmosphere.
As soon as the Plascreet wall was no more, the orb dropped quickly and was snatched up by Aceko. It disappeared under his coat.
“Your attempts,” the reverberating voice said, “are useless. I want to fight each of you one on one. Come to me. Your rage and anger, they all feed me.”
The Trojas, angry and afraid at the same time, backed up.
“All right, guys,” the one who seemed to adopt the title of leader said, “Do as he says. If all else fails, commence Operation Zeus.”
The Troja mercenaries grumbled from behind their helmets. The all knew what Operation Zeus meant. It meant the activation of the self-destruct modules they all carried. The whole compound would cease to exist, if the Operation were put underway.
From under his trench coat Aceko pulled out two phase-blades, the blades retracted into the hilts. He tossed them at the feet of the Troja with a number eight on his shoulder. The mercenary took no time to grab them, turn on the red blades, and hold them at the ready.
“Come.” Aceko said.
The Troja, a failed blademaster trainee, began his attack. He swung with a flurry of sweeping arcs and killing thrusts, but was soon deterred. Each of his attacks seemed to simply go through Aceko. They seemed to be dead on, but as they reached Aceko’s form they went through him with no resistance.
He changed tactics, he swung one blade horizontally as he threw the other into the air. The first blade went through Aceko, and the Troja leapt into the air to bring the blade down on Aceko’s unmoving hat and through his skull.
Bu Aceko wasn’t there. He had moved backwards by the time the Troja had brought the phase-blade point down on where he had been. The Troja, expecting this, released the phase-blade that was now lodged into the metal ground, then raised his fist upwards hitting Aceko squarely in the jaw.
He had hit Aceko.
Time seemed to freeze. Nobody moved. The Troja’s fist was still in contact with Aceko’s face. Moments passed. Then Aceko began to grin, his white pointed teeth slightly illuminating his dark form.
“I wanted that to happen.” his deep voice grumbled. He lifted one hand to readjust his sunglasses. The Troja still hadn’t moved, his fist was still where it landed. Nobody dared move.
In a split second, Aceko grabbed the Trojas arm, snapping it backwards against the joint. He then kneed the Troja in the stomach, making his back arc and his spine shatter. While the Troja was still bent over, Aceko grabbed his skull and slammed it into the floor. His helmet had cracked in two and careened off in opposite directions. His face seemingly melted as his skull turned into dust from the impact. There was a small crater where his head had hit the ground.
“Operation Zeus, commence!” the lead Troja yelled. In unerring sequence the Trojas lifted a flap on their armor, exposing a red button.
Aceko, with no emotion on his face, darted to Grotans, then to the blademaster, lifting their bodies with ease. He swiftly had them back into the center of the room as the Trojas finished the Operation. They all pressed the buttons simultaneously.
Their bodies didn’t exist as the atomics ripped them apart, followed by the implosion of the building and the surrounding compound. The land around the compound was immolated as the fire and plasma surged from the nexus of the explosion. Debris flew everywhere as machinery and metal were thrown in every direction. All life was destroyed within 10 miles of the compound.
Yet, in the center of it all, was a black column of darkness. Slowly as the explosions reached its climax, the column absorbed the fire, pain, agony, destruction and suffering released by the atomics. The explosion and radiation didn’t spread as far as it should have, because of this. Everything involving death was absorbed into the column.
Aceko, in the center of it all, had his mouth hanging wide open with a smile as wide as his face. His sunglasses cracked and shattered into dust from the power surging into Aceko, exposing his completely black eyes. His deep blue skin, turned black from all the death he was consuming.
The blademaster, still alive from the tube attack, started to stir. As it opened its eyes, it realized that it was protected by the column, and was what was happening.
“My….God….” it said.
Grotans too awoke and saw what was happening, even though it was soon over. Aceko cackled gleefully as the last of the death was absorbed into him. He was suspended in the air, a rift in time surrounding him.

“You two live today because of me. Remember that.” he said, and then stepped through time.

-------------

A few notes:
Now you see why Aceko was such a badass. I'd **** my pants if I saw him too. Hope you liked it.

Thassodar is offline   Reply With Quote