Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-5-2016, 04:28 PM   #461
TWG Alphys
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 150: Undertale

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy View Post
Its not a "safe" kill, its a random kill. It attempts to deny town any information from the nightkills, which I still consider to be a pretty unusual play from a HUMAN FUCKFACE at best because as Mettaton pointed out, it basically ignores blues.
no
Old 04-5-2016, 04:30 PM   #462
TWG Sans
FFR Player

there you go being paranoid sunfan, so... dummy of you
Old 04-5-2016, 04:30 PM   #463
TWG Alphys
FFR Player

Quote:
its more than I think the specific person wearing the mask of Sans or Flowey is a specific person who is the only person that makes kills such as the one that occurred last night. Its not a "safe" kill, its a random kill. It attempts to deny town any information from the nightkills, which I still consider to be a pretty unusual play from a HUMAN FUCKFACE at best because as Mettaton pointed out, it basically ignores blues.
Entirely dependent on if you think the blues would come right of the gate with a ton of posts or if they'd stay back a bit. An inactive player's death is safe, since it denies us any information which means it can't get traced back to any of the human team.
Old 04-5-2016, 04:31 PM   #464
TWG Tsunderplane
FFR Player

Quote:
its more than I think the specific person wearing the mask of Sans or Flowey is a specific person who is the only person that makes kills such as the one that occurred last night. Its not a "safe" kill, its a random kill. It attempts to deny town any information from the nightkills, which I still consider to be a pretty unusual play from a HUMAN FUCKFACE at best because as Mettaton pointed out, it basically ignores blues.
this would be more important if it wasn't the first night phase of the entire game, where we don't even have any information yet

i still think the night kill was a random kill not to deny town information but because it's still the beginning of the game. it comes down to kill a random person because, like i said already, nobody has yet done anything to stand out as a valuable wolf target
Old 04-5-2016, 04:32 PM   #465
TWG Mad Dummy
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Tsunderplane View Post
given that it's an anon game you can't rely on your past twg's for clout and i haven't really seen you do anything that would earn the "i'm a good player so you should listen to me" card that you're trying to play right now
I'm not playing that card, I'm not saying you should listen to me because I think I'm ok at the game, I'm saying that I feel like I'm going to ignore that part because it proposes two things, the both of which I know are not true.

I figured that by posting my thoughts here that it would not garner the attention I figured, lynching someone because of nightkills in an anon game is pretty near impossible, but its how one certain player correctly reads another certain player in anon games, and I feel like its the scenario that happened.

*shrug* You don't have to like my reasoning, but I feel like it holds its ground.
Old 04-5-2016, 04:33 PM   #466
TWG Mad Dummy
FFR Player

Quote:
you're throwing a bunch of stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks and not giving a whole lot to back it up so i'm not sure why you think we all should blindly follow your lead here
Again, I don't think this.

If you're upset at me downgrading you from scrublord to nooblord, its because I'm trying to be in character you DUMMY.
Old 04-5-2016, 04:34 PM   #467
TWG Tsunderplane
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Alphys View Post
Entirely dependent on if you think the blues would come right of the gate with a ton of posts or if they'd stay back a bit. An inactive player's death is safe, since it denies us any information which means it can't get traced back to any of the human team.
i think the majority of the blues would want to hang back and try to go unnoticed with the exception of maybe the bomb (who would want to attract wolf attention so they can get a kamikaze kill) there's not really any value in going right out of the gate with posts galore because there's no good outcome to be had there
Old 04-5-2016, 04:35 PM   #468
TWG Tsunderplane
FFR Player

Quote:
I'm not playing that card, I'm not saying you should listen to me because I think I'm ok at the game, I'm saying that I feel like I'm going to ignore that part because it proposes two things, the both of which I know are not true.

I figured that by posting my thoughts here that it would not garner the attention I figured, lynching someone because of nightkills in an anon game is pretty near impossible, but its how one certain player correctly reads another certain player in anon games, and I feel like its the scenario that happened.

*shrug* You don't have to like my reasoning, but I feel like it holds its ground.
Quote:
Again, I don't think this.

If you're upset at me downgrading you from scrublord to nooblord, its because I'm trying to be in character you DUMMY.
nah i don't really care what my rank is in your mind i just don't like your reasoning at all and am trying to explain why

you baka
Old 04-5-2016, 04:36 PM   #469
TWG Mad Dummy
FFR Player

Quote:
this would be more important if it wasn't the first night phase of the entire game, where we don't even have any information yet

i still think the night kill was a random kill not to deny town information but because it's still the beginning of the game. it comes down to kill a random person because, like i said already, nobody has yet done anything to stand out as a valuable wolf target
So, I get that not really anyone had done anything noticeable to be blueread. I am not disputing this point.

What I AM saying, is that Toriel does not follow as the next best kill.

She had a single digit number of posts, and to my knowledge, no one was reading her particularly town. There are many better kills such as people that are getting universally townread, or people whose identities other people are afraid of.
Old 04-5-2016, 04:37 PM   #470
TWG Mad Dummy
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Sans View Post
there you go being paranoid sunfan, so... dummy of you
Is my track record of reading you in anon games dummy? Because I feel like you're misusing dummy if you're referring to something that's never been wrong.

Thanks for clearing up which one of you is who between Flowey and yourself, saves me a bit of trouble.
Old 04-5-2016, 04:37 PM   #471
TWG Alphys
FFR Player

Quote:
i think the majority of the blues would want to hang back and try to go unnoticed with the exception of maybe the bomb (who would want to attract wolf attention so they can get a kamikaze kill) there's not really any value in going right out of the gate with posts galore because there's no good outcome to be had there
well yeah, i said that because mad dummy thinks the blues would bring attention to themselves because 'killing an inactive is ignoring blues'
Old 04-5-2016, 04:37 PM   #472
TWG Sans
FFR Player

someone like... you <i>air-horn</i>?
Old 04-5-2016, 04:38 PM   #473
TWG Alphys
FFR Player

Quote:
There are many better kills such as people that are getting universally townread, or people whose identities other people are afraid of.
Then who out of the few posting in the first phase were universally townread?
Old 04-5-2016, 04:38 PM   #474
TWG Tsunderplane
FFR Player

Quote:
She had a single digit number of posts, and to my knowledge, no one was reading her particularly town. There are many better kills such as people that are getting universally townread, or people whose identities other people are afraid of.
this i can agree with but you take it in a direction that i can't get behind

she was definitely a random kill, that much i'm feeling pretty confident about. i don't think there's any deeper meaning behind it though
Old 04-5-2016, 04:38 PM   #475
TWG Sans
FFR Player

Quote:
Thanks for clearing up which one of you is who between Flowey and yourself, saves me a bit of trouble.
no probs pal
Old 04-5-2016, 04:40 PM   #476
TWG Tsunderplane
FFR Player

Quote:
did anybody even fall into this list

i feel like there were a few people that were town leans by the small handful of people who bothered to post reads

that's far from "universally townread"
Old 04-5-2016, 04:41 PM   #477
TWG Mad Dummy
FFR Player

Quote:
well yeah, i said that because mad dummy thinks the blues would bring attention to themselves because 'killing an inactive is ignoring blues'
well, I should say that its more of a crapshoot rather than straight up ignoring them. Lets be real, if someone came into the postgame and said "Here's why we killed Toriel we were 100% sure she was a blue" EVEN IF SHE FLIPPED BLUE, I think most people would (almost certainly correctly) be skeptical at best of that claim.

Again, when wolves don't have bluereads, almost everyone kills someone they're afraid of because they're a good player or because that person has a soulread on someone, wolves don't kill the person with 6 posts or whatever it was because they're afraid of that person. They do it to be random. If you want to call it safe, fine, but I think random is a better adjective (I feel like we are roughly describing the same thing, in any case).
Old 04-5-2016, 04:42 PM   #478
TWG Mad Dummy
FFR Player

Quote:
Mettaton is the main one that comes to mind. I don't think anyone had a problem with myself or Undyne either.
Old 04-5-2016, 04:43 PM   #479
TWG Tsunderplane
FFR Player

Quote:
Mettaton is the main one that comes to mind. I don't think anyone had a problem with myself or Undyne either.
undyne was questionable iirc but mettaton came the closest to getting a universal green lean
Old 04-5-2016, 04:43 PM   #480
TWG Sans
FFR Player

i recall a certain spookster that seemed to think otherwise
Closed Thread