Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 01:39 AM   #381
LJRoX
Banned

Default Re: Cold Kitten and Xx{Midnight}xX Present: The Tournament Of Immortality

I think that's right.
now I'm gonna plan something evil for D5
excitebike excitebike
excitebike excitebike
Old 02-21-2011, 02:21 AM   #382
~Zeta~
Flag Master
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Cold Kitten and Xx{Midnight}xX Present: The Tournament Of Immortality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninty64 View Post
I think it works like this:

You randomly get matched with an opponent.
One of you is randomly selected to pick the first song.
The loser picks the second song.
If it's 1 to 1, then one of the hosts picks the third.

I think
Hosts pick who goes first by who is favoured to win. After that, the second person picks. If a tie, it goes to hosts.

It's not loser pick because that can give someone a chance to pick 2 songs. If they lose to the song that they picked, obviously they have a challenger.

EDIT: Zierg, I bet we would go to judges if we faced lol.

EDIT2: Reality was a joke to Remederp.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:22 AM   #383
CoolRun
dreamin'
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to CoolRun

Ccoolrun is definitely going to own.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:33 AM   #384
~Zeta~
Flag Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrun View Post
Ccoolrun is definitely going to own.
with a typing impediment !!
Old 02-21-2011, 02:58 AM   #385
Ziergdsx18
ℜ1 ステップチャート 著者
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Ziergdsx18 Send a message via MSN to Ziergdsx18 Send a message via Skype™ to Ziergdsx18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Zeta~ View Post
with a typing impediment !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziergdsx18 View Post
(Old: 3 Days Ago)
Code:
D5: 16/16
Code:

Bracket Picture Here
Shikari
Ninty64
GG_Guru
XKiNGXkILLaX
LJRoX
MikeShinoda12345
Fantasticone
Bob bob
Hakulyte
Awein999
Kmay
MP3 player
Ccoolrun  <-----------Liking that XDXDXDXDXD
Pmonibuv1
Woker-X
Rushyrulz
I think good'ol middy left it like that on purpose xD

| irc.rizon.net | #touhouradio - Come listen! |
Old 02-21-2011, 03:12 AM   #386
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:

This is correct on all accounts

Quote:
Hosts pick who goes first by who is favoured to win. After that, the second person picks. If a tie, it goes to hosts.

It's not loser pick because that can give someone a chance to pick 2 songs. If they lose to the song that they picked, obviously they have a challenger.
This on the other hand is wrong. I called it favor for lack of a better term. It has nothing to do with who we think will win. Also it is in fact Loser of the first song picks second song even IF it was the same person who picked the first song - why the hell would the person in the lead get to just advance it? That doesn't make sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziergdsx18 View Post
I think good'ol middy left it like that on purpose xD
It's fixed for the update. I also haven't removed Kmay yet either and D5/D6 looks like it may/may not have a good balance coming.

I'm just gonna do one nice large overhaul update at once. But since Tiff just got back that is why it's not up already. I wanna run things by her for your guy's sake (and because she's the cohost but that's bluntly obvious.)
Old 02-21-2011, 03:24 AM   #387
nois-or-e
SponCon Aficionado
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nois-or-e Send a message via MSN to nois-or-e Send a message via Skype™ to nois-or-e

I am liking how much prep you guys have put into this thing. Wishing you both the best success in this tourn, I have high hopes

Also, inb4 I get eliminated by tiff in round 1 <3
Old 02-21-2011, 10:06 AM   #388
~Zeta~
Flag Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
This on the other hand is wrong. I called it favor for lack of a better term. It has nothing to do with who we think will win. Also it is in fact Loser of the first song picks second song even IF it was the same person who picked the first song - why the hell would the person in the lead get to just advance it? That doesn't make sense to me.
gay
Old 02-21-2011, 12:07 PM   #389
hi_top
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I think it should be each person picks a song, not loser. Why give someone two song choices, it isn't fair to everyone in my opinion, i could go through the whole tourney without picking a song

Edit: not thinking i will just giving an example
Old 02-21-2011, 12:36 PM   #390
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_top View Post
I think it should be each person picks a song, not loser. Why give someone two song choices, it isn't fair to everyone in my opinion, i could go through the whole tourney without picking a song

Edit: not thinking i will just giving an example
It's not fair in the fact of how many song picks each person gets

But it keeps the tourney more balanced. We're not gonna have any "Oh you're leading... WELL HERE'S AN EASIER WIN FOR YOU PICK A SONG YOU KNOW YOU SHOULD WIN." This is also the reason Tiff and I pick the third song is to keep balance (I think Metal Atlas gave me that idea rather than the hosts pick first song then loser and loser again but don't quote me on this part.)

Trust us, it's for the sake of keeping this from being completely one sided. But some of us here will still be fighting an uphill battle. (Anyone VS Aj/Samurai D6 is pretty much the obvious one, they like have most files AAAd.)

I also made a typo in my post refering to this:
Quote:
The matching isn't random. Me and Tiff are doing it ourselves. I'm not using the random number generator or anything. I'm gonna sit down and try to make some good brackets. (Namely the D6 one - I'm not gonna let that thing place AJ VS Luis in round one come on anti climatic much.)
Old 02-21-2011, 01:57 PM   #391
VarleyisDance
Sassy
FFR Veteran

im going to donate some credits once i get some from king and takedowns tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
Ke$ha's birthday? wasted thread
1st Place D3 SocoNhydro's Tournament of Eternity! (June)
3rd Place (x1 Speed) D2 FFR Classics Short and Sweet Tourney
1st Place D1 Cold Kitten and Xx{Midnight}xX Present: The Tournament Of Immortality
2nd Place D1 xBBx's and T-Force's Short and Sweet Tourney
2nd Place D1 King's and Takedown's Tournament!
Old 02-21-2011, 02:32 PM   #392
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Credit donations are <3
Old 02-21-2011, 02:33 PM   #393
8 Hour Whore
←↓↑→ Lets Bang? ←↓↑→
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to 8 Hour Whore

Middie shouldn't be handling the D4 match ups cause he is in it =O

Best AAA: Banned Forever
BlackFlags: 49
Old 02-21-2011, 02:43 PM   #394
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

He's not? xD I am. I'm doing D1, D2, and D4. Since he's in D4. And he's doing D3, D5, and D6, since I'm in D3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nois-or-e View Post
Also, inb4 I get eliminated by tiff in round 1 <3
ily.<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
it's like putting training wheels on gutterguards covered in styrofoam made of bubblewrap with a velcro fanny pack inside a condom
Old 02-21-2011, 02:52 PM   #395
remedy1502
remederpin
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Shhhhhhhhhhhh

or Reality
@everyone in D6, pick Reality and I lose instantly, it's not even a secret lmfao.

Oh yea, for the matchups, are you gonna do a seeding type thing?

Last edited by remedy1502; 02-21-2011 at 02:59 PM..
Old 02-21-2011, 02:56 PM   #396
duddychuck@yahoo.com
Retired
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to duddychuck@yahoo.com Send a message via MSN to duddychuck@yahoo.com Send a message via Yahoo to duddychuck@yahoo.com Send a message via Skype™ to duddychuck@yahoo.com

Quote:

I think
Sweet thanks haha. All the words in the OP is intimidating so I decided not to read it
Old 02-21-2011, 02:58 PM   #397
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

You really should read it. >__>;

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
it's like putting training wheels on gutterguards covered in styrofoam made of bubblewrap with a velcro fanny pack inside a condom
Old 02-21-2011, 03:18 PM   #398
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Ok this I'm a wee bit irritated. Read the damn op everyone. I know it's long and text heavy but really it pretty much answers almost every single question you've all asked - some people have even asked the same question twice.

Here's who's handling which divisions:
D1/D2/D4 - Cold Kitten
D3/D5/D6 - Middie

You'll be told when round one starts who you need to send your song choices to again.

A few more notes:
1. Don't expect a PM before every round and subround. It's not going to happen. You're all capable of checking this thread and honestly - I expect you to yourself.

2. Don't you even think for a second we haven't considered how you should fare against who's here when we placed you. This is a warning in advanced - you complain in thread ONCE about where your placed and I'm just going to remove you. I say this now because me and Tiff are literally discussing the placements division wise right now.

3. I like the hype you all have. It seriously makes me happy to see you all excited. I appreciate the drama being kept out of the thread and no one flaming/trolling. Thank you guys very much - seriously.

4. If you want out say it before we do the brackets.

Have a nice day. I'll post the update when it's ready.

Then we'll do the brackets and post them.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:22 PM   #399
pmonibuv1
yes
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to pmonibuv1 Send a message via Skype™ to pmonibuv1

i dont liek ma division!!! theres other peepull here >:0 (i wonder who im paired up against)
FMO AAA's (55): Rottel-Da-Station, Church Bells, Arrogant Cobbler, Grocery Escape Plan, Disconnected Hardkore, Minute Waltz v2, Battle Theme #37, Flight of the Bumblebee, Midnight Dragon, Jeanie and Caroline, Blue-Violet, Puzzle, Kyrie, 300, Largiloquent Dithyramb, Brandish Headless, Going On Spring Wind, Novo Mundo, Gacha Gacha Hertz Figu atto Radio, Starwolf, Melonman's OP, Summer Time Perfume, Perfect Cherry Storm, Hajnal, Epidermis, Strangeprogram, Thrash, Lawn Wake I (LW EP Edit), Choprite, AIM Anthem, Dance and Zeal, Kanon Medley ~Metal Wings~, Clockwork, JULIA, Heavenly Spores, Distorted God, Radio Heads, Epilogue, Spoils, Ripoff, Since 1983, A FLOWER GARDEN, The earth blew up, Phalanx, Chronograph, Black Key Etude, Trinity, super mario bros theme (original NES is awesome), Jack-The-Ripper, Poppin' Shower, cheerful forest, Trisection v2, Devilz Staircase, Colibri, Club

FGO AAA's (2): Time To Eye, The Bird's Concrete Nosedive

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old 02-21-2011, 03:27 PM   #400
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

The pairings can't be done till this update is done bro.

So as of now no one.
Closed Thread