Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2020, 07:56 PM   #3461
TWG Cole
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
Also Cole has the cutest profile picture and that makes me want to town read them 100%
this bunny has the face of a critter who has seen some serious shit go down
Old 03-17-2020, 07:57 PM   #3462
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Apollo

...You know what? Fuck this. I'm rereading. ISO on FFR is dumb as shit and I'm not about to click on all of these posts to get context, mrmpht.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:18 PM   #3463
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Fauna View Post
Please don’t cancel the game it gives me something to focus on now that I can’t leave the house much

Guys, I’m not feeling it on maple, at least not for the reasons you guys are stating. Maple had a bad entrance, but that was more role play than anything. I didn’t consider the advantage of hiding PI until late game so I can absolutely see why maple wanted the PI out. Yes, it shouldn’t really be a choice that anyone but Julian should make, but I don’t see that whole interaction as wolfy. From maples perspective, it’s another guaranteed town that gives us more to work with in the current climate of everyone townreading each other.

Currently my picks for scum are tied between cole, Rolf and Agent S

Cole, you’re doing a disservice by not reading the thread, a LOT has happened.

I like your lynch order idea though I’m going to try and come up with my ideal one
This is a mighty defense in Maple's favor when taken hand-in-hand with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Fauna View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
Maple- If they're a wolf, their partners have done a fantastic job of ignoring them.
Can you elaborate on this please
Would probably vote Fauna if Maple flips wolf.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:19 PM   #3464
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
maybe we just gotta chaos vote
Maybe we should just vote Maple and resolve the big ???????????? that they threw in the game, causing them to out a PR?
Old 03-17-2020, 08:21 PM   #3465
TWG Julian
FFR Player

agent s, for that second quote, how are you interpreting fauna asking that question there? as in, what's her motivation?
Old 03-17-2020, 08:22 PM   #3466
TWG Fauna
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
This is a mighty defense in Maple's favor when taken hand-in-hand with this.

Would probably vote Fauna if Maple flips wolf.
I asked Phil to elaborate because I didn't understand what he was saying and he was basing his read of Maple on it. My defence of Maple is because I don't currently believe she is a wolf.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:22 PM   #3467
TWG Cole
FFR Player

i think i could more easily be able to see maple as potentially coming from town mindset if their following day was not....the way it was

if i am not mistaken end of phase is midnight tonight and i do not see myself entertaining another vote

i will be here though
Old 03-17-2020, 08:24 PM   #3468
TWG Isabelle
FFR Player

The overwhelming majority preferred to modkill if no replacement. Game continues as normal.

Last edited by TWG Isabelle; 03-17-2020 at 08:24 PM..
Old 03-17-2020, 08:24 PM   #3469
TWG Fauna
FFR Player

Yea EoD is in 3.5 hours I believe
Old 03-17-2020, 08:25 PM   #3470
TWG Fauna
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Isabelle View Post
The overwhelming majority preferred to modkill if no replacement. Game continues as normal.
(':
Old 03-17-2020, 08:25 PM   #3471
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
Maybe we should just vote Maple and resolve the big ???????????? that they threw in the game, causing them to out a PR?
yeah this please

there's no reason to chaos vote when we have more pressing concerns in solving whatever the hell maple is smoking what what
Old 03-17-2020, 08:26 PM   #3472
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

also to reiterate since Cole refuses to read the whole thread eod is at 6am my time so I will never be here for it what what
Old 03-17-2020, 08:26 PM   #3473
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

since I just know he will be all over my ass for it otherwise
Old 03-17-2020, 08:27 PM   #3474
TWG Julian
FFR Player

are the modkills gonna happen now or after the phase is over?
Old 03-17-2020, 08:30 PM   #3475
TWG Maple
FFR Player

Agent S ISO let's go

Quote:
Dotty

I know right, revolutionary vote. oh em gee zus.

Fingers crossed for posts, we were all active to confirm & start a little early, but we can't be active in-thread after 2 days? Must be one heckuva weekend.

Starts with a dotty vote at the start basically

Quote:
Isabelle is attempting to smite them*

I've seen a few games of people scathing by with minimal post count activity. Majority of which either fell either into vanilla town, or wolves. Don't think I've ever experienced a game where a major inactive was a town power role, but I assume it's happened, sidekick.

Personal take on my end is that Julian and Flurry are both trying, but trying a little harder than majority of d1 players are comfortable with. There usually isn't much to talk about d1 unless a thing happens.
That is this game side kick... starts the train on julian here.

Quote:
Will note though that Julian's take on Molly is super well-structured and thought out for going on only a select few posts, sidekick.
Too structured for a D0 post...hmmmm. definitely wolf am i right thread?

Quote:
Appreciate someone picking up on that.

My hot take is that we are living in the best timeline when Flurry/Dora/Julian are all town. But, it's not the biggest thing to think about right now with so many people below minimum post requirement, and being less than 8 hours out from the first possible eviction.
This is the best timeline when julian is there top wolf at the time?

Quote:
ooooooooookayyyyyyyyyyyy, wanna clarify what is it that seems off?
I forget what this was about, I'll have to look after i post.
Quote:
aaaaaaaaalrighttttt..

because I'm pretty sure (like 75% sure) I know who you are now,

and that person I'm pretty sure of is playing the exact same way they did when they were wolf one game in d0.

And I don't have enough game meta data to disprove that or say otherwise.

<insert eyebrow raised emoji>
Pretty sure on the wolf ehhhh?

Quote:
spicy.

Julian
Annnnnnnd here's the vote.
Quote:
All of a sudden, Julian picking fights with everyone doesn't seem so towny anymore yea?
Pushing his agenda

Quote:
Really not all that surprised at no kills happened overnight.

Doctor would've saved Del
wolves would've targeted Del
no shot going through for vigi is odd, but I can see scenarios both where it would hit a bulletproof, or not shoot period because it's n0.

I pray that Del checked Julian because that eod was ugly.
Desires the julian check and is sure of what went down in the night

Quote:
Forgot wolves have a roleblocker, makes sense.
BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE. So sure of the day night without knowing of all the roles.... odd

This leads me to believe he might not be wolf.
Quote:
Gonna park vote on Julian and check thread back in the morning, when Del hopefully has posted.

Until then, sidekick.
Back for more julian
Quote:
To expand upon the meta I've seen in the past in the way Julian was acting specifically nearing eod;

Julian was perfectly ready to back off of Del closing in on eod, and then Del called out Julian for the lazy amount of pressure they were putting on tons of players, and that if they aren't going to follow through, they should either not do it, or possibly be a wolf. And then took that as a threat so they continued pressure.

This is the one biggest example in Julian's post history that shows the flipping back & forth in what they want to do & how they want to exert pressure, but their entire post history coming into eod reeks of exerting pressure for reason to vote someone, and then taking their foot off the gas because of good reasoning or backlash, and then putting their foot on the gas again. When I asked where they were going with this, their arguments for why were just as flimsy.

I called them out, I got pressure put on me, had a good reason, backed off, and then threw shade again when I peace'd from the thread for 30mins. Like wtf what sort of town pulls that shit. This is prime wolf looking for lynch candidate at eod behavior, not town scum hunting/polling the masses for slips, especially with the reasons being so weak.

I made a large, thought-out post. Have at me, sidekick.

Or it could be town not sure what to do as they are a pr.
Quote:
My headspace right now is that Del, Punchy, Phil, Flurry, Fauna, and Eugene as town.

town leans are Chief, Cherry, Tank, and Dora.

Nulls are Apollo, Boomer, Molly, Maple (although slightly between null & town lean for me), and Chrissy.

wolf lean Mathilda pending on how the phase plays out (mostly inactive read based on previous day), Rolf for Julian interactions prior to eod.

Pretty sure I know who Julian is, and they were playing d0 like wolf without day chat.

Ideal world would be Julian is a wolf, and Rolf is assisting how they can, and the third wolf is somewhere between town leans and downwards. Although, nothing is ever white & black, it's always grey.
Reads list. Agent is so constant about "if julian isn't wolf, Rolf is" but has both here.
Quote:
Something to make note of, Dora didn't claim town bulletproof, so it's safe to say Dora is not town bulletproof in this scenario. Boomer did not shoot town bulletproof.
The wolf thing... here it shows he just didn't read the op. So him not knowing wolves had role blocker could be genuine or playing stupid.
Quote:
Gonna pre-emptively vote Dora because I'm out of the house for most of the day tomorrow, but I should be home a couple hours before eod.

Probably not going to change. Odds are too stacked imo.
Dora loses this day. Safe vote

Quote:
Still don't like the level of weak scum hunting that's going on. Still perceive it as looking for mislynch wagon candidates, despite the lynch being locked in for today.
Not impressed with anyone. Honestly just weird. Town points?

Quote:
Yeah, I think you are tackling this game from a 2nd viewpoint that is unique and contrasted against my own, and it's not entirely insane as some other people state in the thread. Kind of like the other side of a coin which I stated in d0, and has had me rethink here and there on certain things. Some of the things contributed I like. There are a few things I disagree with, but you haven't really thrown anything out there that has particularly jaded me.
Have to look back at this one too.
Quote:
vv

fucking. l o l.
So the whole "ask me anything" was done by town, so WHERE'S YOUR DEFENSE "IT'S A WOLF THING TO DO" NOW PEOPLE
Quote:
Apollo hasn't really contributed much from what I can view, besides some chirping here and there on the topic. They're still a hard null for me. I may need to do an iso tonight.

Boomer is pretty obvious vigi at this point. Town.

Cherry I'm leaning even more-so Town for a lot of world building and mindmelding that I'm coming up with.

Chief I talked about earlier, link to that:

Del pretty certain that it's Cop. Town.

Dora pretty certain that it's Acq. Anti-town.

Chrissy is a super hard null for me, a bit below Apollo. There really isn't much to go off of, and a lot of what they've put out comes across to me as not fully up-to-date on what's happening in-thread, so a lot of the content is outdated.

Fauna I'm seeing as confused town. I'd love to see where their headspace is at, but falls into a town lean.

Flurry I still think is quite town, despite dropping off of a bit from yesterday. I assume that the reason behind it because it's a bit open and shut situation for today.

Julian would be my next vote after Dora, unless a cop check goes through somehow. Biggest wolf lean.

Maple has been making mismatched plays imo. A lot of theorycrafting on night phase, which I would assume it's pretty simple. I'm not a super fan of it, it's a low town lean for me. They're putting in effort, just not the effort that super benefits town, more like pushes it along.

Mathilda is still a majority inactive read for me. Hasn't really contributed all that much.

Eugene has done an astonishing amount of background work in this game. And while some people might disagree with his view, I don't think I've ever seen a wolf dedicate this much time into a game, they're definitely inspired imo. They are firmly town to me.

Molly is a hit/miss with me. Sometimes the stuff they say resonates with me, and other times I facepalm. Along the lines of confused town in a similar manner that Maple is playing.

Phil is pretty lock town for me. Similar to Eugene, contributed a lot to both mechanic and thought on how people are playing, lots of which I tend to agree with.

Punchy I'd like to town lean, but I want to do an iso to see if I still feel that way on it.

Rolf I'm still perceiving as a scum lean, primarily of d0 interaction with Julian. If Julian flips town, then Rolf would probably look a lot better. d1 content they've put out hasn't really helped support their own case.

Tank imo is trying to contribute to town in their own way, but similar to Molly it's hit/miss. I'd be ok with town lean, but I wouldn't be surprised if that changed in the near future. Not really finding much basis in what he's had to say with his vote on Chief.

another reads list, was wrong about me idk about you guys.

Quote:
I still think this is a Julian-sum game in terms of talking wolf team. I find it really hard to look elsewhere, when after reading and commenting on the stuff that sticks out to me, 75% of what sticks out, is Julian.

If Julian is not wolf, then I can definitely fathom a wolf in rolf/julian/mathilda. Those 3 have been the most off-putting for me.
Where's your Rolf ISO bro WHERE
Quote:
This is a bad vote imo.

Don't see anything inherently wrong in exploring possibilities. Don't see why it would be something we'd vote for either.
doesn't like eugene vote. Towny? Pocketing?

Quote:
I'm thinking Julian/Mathilda/Apollo. Swap Rolf in whether Julian flips red or not.

I need more info/posting for Chrissy =/
Rolf ISO where
Quote:
y'know what,

Chief

I've said that I wanted change from Chief and I've been basically waiting 2 day phases for that to happen now, and no change. I've seen it from Apollo, I've seen a modicum of effort from Molly & Mathilda, but nearly no effort from Chief.
Ooo spicy vote on town
Quote:
Not sure if you've noticed the thunderdome I've been throwing Julian's way since d0, but ok.

I'm still 100% down to vote Julian.
I now see what you're talking about

Quote:
Julian town would most likely mean a Rolf ISO for me, with re-visits to Apollo & Mathilda. Mathilda is thinking along the same lines as me from what happened last night, but still gotta check as part of scum leans. Apollo for still being hard null on my reads list.

For anyone still arguing what happened last night, I'm basically in the same boat as Punchy now and all that conversation sucks.

If you're going to push for my opinion on what happened, doc saved Boomer. Boomer was the NK. Wolf roleblocker aimed elsewhere to try and stop town roleblock, as they were comfortable with Boomer shooting into the inactives. Town roleblock aimed elsewhere to try and stop NK or wolf roleblock.

Only 2 people in that voting block that I personally would look into is Mathilda, and Fauna. I still don't necessarily see a game right now where Cherry/Phil/Eugene would have a wolf in it. If there is, y'all are playing out of your minds.

that's 4/4 inactive PR's and I now want to die.

Absolutely not. P.I. should stay safe as long as they can. If they get votes stacked on them, it's a free mislynch save. If they get to F3, it's game win.

That's a spicy vote, I'll give you that. I wouldn't head that direction imo but hey, you do you.

Oh WOW people noticing slips from Julian

Nooooooooooooooooo. Bad.

Makes me want to contemplate that Maple/Julian/(Apollo|Flurry) is a thing.

LMFAO

Maple

A bunch of replies, but has yet to ISO Rolf

Quote:
I think right now:

Town is
Flurry, Phil, Cherry, Eugene, Mathilda, Boomer, Julian

Town Lean
Punchy, Fauna (less so than Punchy)

Null
Apollo, Tank, Cole

Wolf lean
Rolf, Maple

I think there's a possibility of a deep wolf between Cherry/Eugene/Punchy/Fauna.

I think there's 2 wolves between Apollo/Tank/Rolf/Maple/Cole.

Julian's claims about Phil are a bit of a stretch for me to believe.
No Rolf ISO. All talk man
Quote:
god damn. Not popular enough for an iso in the previous section but popular enough for the scumread. Well, I appreciate the digging that you had to do for the reads. While I'd argue that you are correct in there being a level of fatigue associated with my posting, it's because a lot of peoples read lists are looking rather the same. There just isn't very much to converse about when everyone is agreeing with one another, and that kind of shines throughout the thread. People are willing to scumread me, but aren't willing to discuss anything that I do post. And if they do get discussed, it's usually like 1-2 posts before it gets dropped. Sorry for being basic, I guess.
Here's your ISO
Old 03-17-2020, 08:30 PM   #3476
TWG Fauna
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Maple View Post
My reads so far into this game, based on memory. Since no one asked.

01) Agent S- Sidekick at least follows with thread. Doesn't add /much/ but adds. null.

02) Apollo- Wolf number 1 or 2, because let's be real. It's obvious. Wastes time, doesn't put effort, asks questions that look like he's adding to solving, but it's not.

03) Boomer- Vigi, doing what he can. Constantly shoot away my brother

04) Cherry-what what, in the butt. Punctual, detective like, aware. Town

05) Chief- He may be chief, but he ain't master OOOOHHHHH BURN Anyways, not a lot of people like him, and it kind of fits to just get rid of him. Null for me, but idc if he lives or dies honestly.

08) Chrissy- Gives off air headedness. Idk if thats a roleplay thing, or they just are that way. I get a gut feeling there's sincere playing coming from this slot. Town

09) Fauna- Living on a quote is your theme song. Very much centered on quoting and reacting off of people. I don't like it. wolf lean

10) Flurry- doing ISO's. asking questions, doing the twglords work. Town.

11) Julian- The other wolf 1 or 2. Adds nonsense constantly. A lot of fluff, and not a lot of not fluff. Very reacty like, doesn't push in a good way. Caused 2 pr's to come out. Very diligent on topics that don't matter.

12) Maple- Hi, yes. I am the key to win this game for town. UwU

13) Mathilda- Nothing really. Comes and goes, doesn't do much. Added a bit a times, but it wasn't anything we haven't discussed. hot take:town.

14) Eugene- I'm very touchy on you. I like that you are actually trying to make sense of things, and are CREATING content, unlike some people, but I worry you are a veteran wolf. Do I think you're a wolf, maybe. Town? Perhaps. Either way, no where near my chopping block, because if it comes down to it, you'll crack eventually if you're wolf.

15) Molly- Can just go. Maybe too busy to play? Nothing here. Null

16) Phil- Not too much of a fan, but he's pushing is own accord which I do myself. so based on judging them by judging me. Town.

17) Punchy- Gives me very cocky vibes. Done a lot of work. Proceeds to keep it that way when they can. Town

18) Rolf- Has been very lost at times, I think they are trying to play the game, but don't have the time, and they throw what they can at us. Town lean

19) Tank- Whenever tank comes down to earth again, let him know he's null.
Maples most recent reads list, posting for potential discussion
Old 03-17-2020, 08:31 PM   #3477
TWG Maple
FFR Player

Quote:
ooooooooookayyyyyyyyyyyy, wanna clarify what is it that seems off?
Julian voted punchy. Seems oddly defensive
Old 03-17-2020, 08:31 PM   #3478
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
agent s, for that second quote, how are you interpreting fauna asking that question there? as in, what's her motivation?
Firstly, it was the only piece of context in Phil's entire post that they decided to respond on specifically.

Secondly, the way they asked about it implies that Phil thinks wolves are ignoring Maple, and Fauna is double-checking on that.

Makes it look from base value that Fauna & friend are indeed ignoring Maple, but it doesn't really provide much, except when given that pretty solid defense for Maple.

Language hunch, hard to explain.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:32 PM   #3479
TWG Maple
FFR Player

Quote:
Yeah, I think you are tackling this game from a 2nd viewpoint that is unique and contrasted against my own, and it's not entirely insane as some other people state in the thread. Kind of like the other side of a coin which I stated in d0, and has had me rethink here and there on certain things. Some of the things contributed I like. There are a few things I disagree with, but you haven't really thrown anything out there that has particularly jaded me.
Oh, it was about chief, which was town. Me no likey
Old 03-17-2020, 08:33 PM   #3480
TWG Maple
FFR Player

So in taking over 2 hours to do that ISO, I've learned i still don't like agent. He's all talk, no bite. My vote stays, and yours should go on him too.
Closed Thread