Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 12:20 AM   #81
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG XC: Deja Vu

Well, in this game most of the time you need to go on a little more than gut instinct. You over-analyzed what he said. If I went after every person in this game that rubbed me the wrong way, I would be going after a lot of people. I'm not dismissing him, but look further into it. There's no point in making an actual vote if you don't plan on setting out for that person, or it is putting you out in the open for nothing. Just a word of advice.

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:57 AM   #82
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
killing manti was a very safe choice - it's really a matter of finding out who would kill manti for the sake of seeming safe, though, not being safe. Because, really, who wouldn't kill manti?
What i was addressing in my post is in bold. Probably should have quoted it in my first reply so i wouldn't be misunderstood, but w/e whats done is done. I was just asking fic what are we supposed to learn from manti dying. Yes i knew manti dies every game, which is why i asked the question. Sorry if i rubbed you the wrong way gun, i guess it was mostly my fault as without the quote my post could be taken out of context easily.

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED
Old 10-30-2009, 01:48 AM   #83
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

what I'm getting at is that there are players who would kill manti because it's normal, not because it's tactical.

I'm not saying this was a tactical kill or a normal kill. But it does give us a lead as to how we can classify players and possibly group them.

It's a start.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:27 AM   #84
Viccica
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Viccica Send a message via MSN to Viccica

I think that Manti dies n1 so often it's a bit moot, personally...

In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 10-30-2009, 07:33 AM   #85
Viccica
FFR Player

It's kind of become the thing all the cool kids do.

I think it'd be best to just go back to grilling people on AIM and whatnot. We really can't base anything off of a n1 manti kill....

In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 10-30-2009, 07:40 AM   #86
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
Honestly.

How the **** do you guys think you're going to get better by taking the easy way out and not playing against me.
Honestly.

They need to learn to not be sheep. You playing shephard isn't what they need. It sucks for you, but you not herding these people is a good thing.
Quote:
If you wanna be good you have to play against good people. If you want to stay at the same level, continue playing people that are at the same level as you. i.e suck level
Because you're the only intelligent, competent player in the game? There are still more than a few of us left, bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Dreams View Post
There's no point in making an actual vote if you don't plan on setting out for that person
Sure there is. Put pressure on them and see how they respond to pressure. I do this all the time! Actually, I think I'll vote for freezinice too, for additional pressure.

Actually, gun seems to be channeling my actions a little there with the overanalyzation and hasty voting. Haha. What's the deal with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiction
what I'm getting at is that there are players who would kill manti because it's normal, not because it's tactical.
Tactically, it's not the best choice, I'd say. He's simply not much of a threat to the wolves in this sort of a game, definitely not as much of a threat as most players might think he is. His strength lies in abusing blue powers and alliances and picking off by process of elimination. I have yet to see him exceed in catching wolves using other means, the means that will be necessary for us to win without direct blue action.

No offense manti, but I'm sure even you would admit as much. Your strengths are almost completely out the window in this sort of game.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:51 AM   #87
Viccica
FFR Player

Gonna have to agree with afro that it's probably best this game for him to be less of an influence. 'Flying with your own wings' type of deal. It may hinder the human team not to have him around, but it for sure will make people need to be more actively involved. =p

Also, I think we're being a little hasty with the voting. After one post from the guy? <.<

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 10-30-2009, 07:56 AM   #88
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viccica View Post
It may hinder the human team not to have him around
Uh.

That's exactly the point of the wolf kill.

To hinder the human effort.

We would have been hindered no matter who got killed.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:01 AM   #89
Viccica
FFR Player

No, I mean as in the human team not having a set of training wheels (manti).

I know it's the point, silly.

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 10-30-2009, 08:15 AM   #90
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

training wheels aren't necessarily helpful in this sort of game

If one of the wheels is off center, it could make it hard to ride the bike straight. In any other game, blues can hammer a crooked wheel back into proper alignment, but that's not happening this game.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:32 AM   #91
Panda Express
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Panda Express

Afro: Professional analogy analyzer.

Also, going to play compliant wolf and put my vote on the freezy pop. I think Gun is onto something.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:24 AM   #92
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

I urge arfo to take his vote off. I don't think anyone is up to anything.

Pressure is one thing, but three votes right off the bat is another.

Panda Express has my attention.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:28 AM   #93
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Why urge me to remove my vote, but not urge Panda?

I'm on to your tricks, mister. You just don't want us to vote off your wolf partner. Maybe I'd be better off voting for you!

Actually, **** that. I'll just vote for panda express before everyone else bandwagons on him so that it'll look like it was my idea.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:50 AM   #94
FictionJunction
FFR Player

panda's vote isn't influential but it lacks so much substance it calls attention. You're just arfo so I let most things you do slide
Old 10-30-2009, 10:38 AM   #95
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Actually, gun seems to be channeling my actions a little there with the overanalyzation and hasty voting. Haha. What's the deal with that.
Its cause your pretty. I don't feel I have over analyzed anything at this point if anything, I've under analyzed my vote. It may have been a hasty vote, but I'm not exactly asking any of you to follow my lead with anything and even tho afro voted for the same guy with different reasons and it just seems Panda band wagoned because of afro, it seems we are already looking for some one to follow. I also know that gut instinct is a very small reason in the big picture of things but I'm sure almost all of us have had gut reactions that we choose not to follow and our gut had been right. Maybe I'm hoping thats going to be the case now but I am not going to change my vote to a guy who just seems to be following the flow of game which usually happens when there are several votes on someone, the rest usually follow.

Also, I'm going to ask the same question to you fic that afro asked you. Why did you implore afro to switch to an obvious bandwagon voter instead of either me or panda? Why not ask all of us to drop the vote?
Old 10-30-2009, 10:40 AM   #96
Gun92
FFR Veteran

Also afro, voting for Panda really doesn't make any sense just because fic said one thing about him. Like I said in my previous post, I just feel like it was a bandwagon vote because some people just follow the flow of the game and thats what it seems like to me. That seems to be the rational train of thought at the moment.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:48 AM   #97
FictionJunction
FFR Player

you voted first, I can't ask you to take the vote off since you started the movement. You have a legit reason to vote for this person, or at least that's what it seems to be at the moment.

Arfo's votes actually have some sort of vague substance to them even if it isn't directly related to the voting itself, and simply knowing that he would change his vote so easily makes me dismiss most of what he says and does. It's not until we have a serious talk on AIM that I get his intentions straight. Otherwise arfo's just playing a hit or miss game out of his own interests.

Panda's vote doesn't have any substance. It's a bandwaggon vote and I'm sure he would understand that even if his TWG experience is next to none.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:06 AM   #98
Gun92
FFR Veteran

Makes sense. Well, I should be on aim for awhile, Ill be playing FF8 but Ill talk either way. I just don't think that Afro should have switched his vote to a bandwagon voter. Like I said, a good chunk of people wait for a few people to make a choice and they ride that wave through the lynch or what ever goal it is they are aiming for.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:35 AM   #99
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
Panda's vote doesn't have any substance. It's a bandwaggon vote and I'm sure he would understand that even if his TWG experience is next to none.
This is exactly why you should have asked him to change instead of me. He was the problem, as far as I'm concerned. And he's probably easily manipulated due to being new, so chewing him out for voting probably would have made him get scared and change to appease you.

And come on, you of all people should know I'd've probably come up with some other absurd justification for a vote on someone else by the end of the day.

But honestly, weirdly enough, if I had to random vote, even before gun said what he did, even before reading any posts from the dude, I totally would have voted for freezin. ****in' gut. I'm gonna be pissed if he turns out to be a wolf and you talked me out of voting for him today.

Oh one more thing. They put up websense bull**** at work, so this site is blocked for "games". So expect posts to come at a lower volume, but possibly have a bulky one at around 8 AM when I get home from work.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:00 PM   #100
emerald000
the Mathemagician~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to emerald000

Wow gun. You might think it would be a good tactic to be active while you are a wolf, to change how you behave as a wolf. But it is not.
Closed Thread