Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2011, 09:23 PM   #1
retching oesophagus
(^._.^) =^-ω-^= (^・o・^)ノ
FFR Veteran

Default phone hacking scandal

has anyone been following the phone hacking scandal that's taking place in the uk.

one of rupert murdoch's papers the news of the world has been found hacking illegally into the phones of 4000 people over the past 10 years. many people have complained but they were either paid off or blackmailed into silence by news international. now it turns out that the government had been covering this up from the public as well by hindering or advising against investigation as rupert murdoch exerts too much political power through his newspapers and they don't want to upset him in fear of damaging negative press. david cameron the prime minister is in serious trouble at the moment as he brought one of the editors of news of the world into his cabinet and is now seen as a puppet of murdoch, doing all of his bidding. the editors of news of the world have also admitted to paying the local police for secret information. news of the world was shut down today but it could be that many more papers could be involved in this scandal as well.

there have been loads of awful stories recently including the one of murdered school girl Millie Dowler back in 2002. there are even worse allegations to come as well apparently. the latests reports are that murdoch ordered the phone hacking of 9/11 victims and their families and that news international could be investigated by the US department of justice for bribery.

read up about it. its great. hopefully it will get rid of murdochs grip on world politics.

Last edited by retching oesophagus; 07-10-2011 at 09:30 PM..
retching oesophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:01 PM   #2
Aldentron
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to Aldentron
Default Re: phone hacking scandal

I did read about this on my Google Reader. I didn't realize people took News International and its ilk seriously, though.
i remember a time when he wuz kewl

like... wut
Aldentron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:26 AM   #3
retching oesophagus
(^._.^) =^-ω-^= (^・o・^)ノ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldentron View Post
I did read about this on my Google Reader. I didn't realize people took News International and its ilk seriously, though.
people do. news international control a lot of the media in the uk. and they've been trying to monopolise it by buying out broadcaster bskyb and by getting the government to get rid of its main competitor the bbc. their papers are the equivalent of fox news they're just thinly veiled propaganda supporting whatever murdoch's agenda is. their tabloids are popular for their celebrity exclusives and sell millions of copies a week but they always try to sensationalise and misinform and they often attack and single out against most minorities. because of this they're able to shape the political opinion of the public quite easily and also decide the results of elections. they can coerce politicians by threatening to release stories about them and nobody can stand up to them because they are too powerful. murdoch has been trying to influence the politics of this country for a long time now. for example he strongly encouraged tony blair to enter the iraq war and lie about wmds in order to get support for the next election. police and politicians have known about the phone hacking for a long time but they haven't been able to admit that it had been widespread as they are too afraid of him.

the the fact that they're hacking into phones on such a large scale is serious enough, a couple of their senior editors have admitted to paying the police for secret information. if it's proven they and the head of news international knew about the hacking then they could all be locked up. companies bribing foreign police is also a crime in the US and as news internationals parent company news corp is based in the US they could be under investigation and eventually be done by them. so much more could happen in this story. it could be that murdoch media in the US like fox news also phone hacks...

Last edited by retching oesophagus; 07-11-2011 at 03:32 AM..
Old 07-11-2011, 03:30 AM   #4
00Razor00
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 00Razor00 Send a message via Skype™ to 00Razor00

such a srs topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus
00Razor00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:01 AM   #5
LJRoX
Banned

hi I have a touhou avatar but I don't play touhou
woopie
LJRoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:35 AM   #6
retching oesophagus
(^._.^) =^-ω-^= (^・o・^)ノ
FFR Veteran

wow this is amazing. it talks about the news of worlds corrupt relationship with the police, how often they lie and bribe them and how they don't investigate properly. and also how they harassed and spied on a detective during a murder case and have been protecting known criminals and suspects. they've already been hacking into the phones of murder victims and their bereaving families and harassing them, tampering with evidence and inflicting emotional abuse on them. eg the millie dowler case.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/11/wo...ewanted=1&_r=1

murdoch shares have already dropped billions of dollars in value of late.

Last edited by retching oesophagus; 07-11-2011 at 04:49 AM..
Old 07-11-2011, 07:33 AM   #7
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

lol rupert mudoch is such a ****wit

what a disgusting, despicable primate. people like him do our country a *lot* more harm than good.
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:37 AM   #8
Jousway
FFR Player

why so srs

anyways gov has always been corrupted old news

Jousway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:16 AM   #9
retching oesophagus
(^._.^) =^-ω-^= (^・o・^)ノ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jousway View Post
why so srs

anyways gov has always been corrupted old news
because it is a really serious topic. this is about rupert murdoch and news international. how they have far too much power and they have been abusing it and acting above the law. seriously now they're like a secret police spying on everyone and getting their private details anyway they can . now they're being accused of treason because they were buying information off royal family security guards. i heard that murdoch is considering selling all of news international right now, hopefully hes done for in this country.

ps what is the coverage for this is like the across the Atlantic guys? i guess there will be no mention of it on fox news

Last edited by retching oesophagus; 07-11-2011 at 09:28 AM..
Old 07-11-2011, 11:02 AM   #10
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

the fact that many, MANY people consider fox news to be a reputable, reliable, fair news source is in itself pretty sickening
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:09 PM   #11
Mans0n
Sun and Stars
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mans0n

If this is finally being uncovered in the U.K I don't even want to imagine what similar corporations here in the states are doing.. Because if that's going on in the UK its most likely happening here and possibly on an even greater scale.

Though of course at least American corporations keep good secrets lol

Check out my band profile and give it a like! :P
Mans0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:42 PM   #12
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

I heard that the last crossword that the newspaper printed had some choice words for their boss keyed into the grid. ("Keying" is crosswordese for the practice of interlocking letters. American crosswords are pretty strict about having each letter go to an Across and Down entry: That is, each letter "keys.")

Would like to see it just for lulz.
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:44 PM   #13
retching oesophagus
(^._.^) =^-ω-^= (^・o・^)ノ
FFR Veteran

gordon brown (he was the former prime minister) revealed today that he had been hacked for 10 years by the sunday times and that the sun hacked the medical records of his ill son. rebekah brooks, the notw editor, rang him up saying that they were going to print a story of his son having cystic fibrosis even he before was officially diagnosed and while his family were coming to terms with it.

rebekah brooks claims to have known nothing about any hacking while she was the editor of news of the world

Last edited by retching oesophagus; 07-11-2011 at 12:47 PM..
Old 07-11-2011, 01:01 PM   #14
retching oesophagus
(^._.^) =^-ω-^= (^・o・^)ノ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotrhythm View Post
I heard that the last crossword that the newspaper printed had some choice words for their boss keyed into the grid. ("Keying" is crosswordese for the practice of interlocking letters. American crosswords are pretty strict about having each letter go to an Across and Down entry: That is, each letter "keys.")

Would like to see it just for lulz.
yeh that boss would be rebekah brooks. she tried her hardest to avoid any mention of the scandal and any negative feeling in the last issue. all of the tabloids were trying to avoid the scandal in fact. she gets to keep her job as she probably has too much dirt on rupert murdoch.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:33 PM   #15
Attractive
Banned

Who deleted my post and why?
I do not like censorship. Especially when I am a victim of it.
Attractive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:50 PM   #16
00Razor00
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 00Razor00 Send a message via Skype™ to 00Razor00

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJRoX View Post
hi I have a touhou avatar but I don't play touhou
woopie
I missed the part where I'm supposed to give a shit.

Woopie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus
00Razor00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:08 PM   #17
welsh_girl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to welsh_girl Send a message via MSN to welsh_girl

I'm glad New of The World has gone. Sad it's technically coming back as a Sunday only *ahem* paper (if you can call it that).

That old twat doesn't deserve to own all of BSkyB.
welsh_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:02 PM   #18
retching oesophagus
(^._.^) =^-ω-^= (^・o・^)ノ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh_girl View Post
I'm glad New of The World has gone. Sad it's technically coming back as a Sunday only *ahem* paper (if you can call it that).

That old twat doesn't deserve to own all of BSkyB.
he shouldn't, but the prime minister and his allies are trying their best to make sure that will happen though. when he does you can expect most of the channels to turn into fox news - fair and balanced reporting .
Old 07-11-2011, 07:37 PM   #19
championanwar
Ask Nuro! x3
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

[Haven't read above posts]

I think it's dumb how Murdoch thinks he can just close the News of the World and expect everything to be okay. On top of the fact that loads of people are gonna lose their jobs, the scandal of all these phone hacks aren't gonna go away. You'd think a paper like that would want to help enquiries like that murder case, not tinker with it so the family thinks their loved one had heard their voicemail. . This is just gonna be another bribe and nothings gonna happen. One rule for one and one for another. . .

/opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson
all of 65dos are dumb an noticable because their idea of 7/8 is 4/4 with one beat cut off the end
Quote:
aperson: yo shikari if u c thom yorke
aperson: plz tell him 2 start usin consonants again
Click Here
championanwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #20
Andrew Mitchell
Banned
FFR Veteran

good paper and funny as hell, sad to see it go

Last edited by Andrew Mitchell; 07-11-2011 at 08:15 PM..
Andrew Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote