Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 01:15 AM   #2261
Witch of Certainty
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXIV: Classics Man - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
This is strange, considering my accusation makes most sense with you as a wolf AA wanted to protect.
Why does it make sense from your perspective?
Or someone he thought he could get mislynched later while taking the oppurtunity to get a different mislynch that he could claim was due to trusting sunfan and roundbox.
If AA wanted to protect me, why didn't he take the oppurtunity to read me town that sunfan presented him?
Old 02-23-2017, 01:15 AM   #2262
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Looks like 2/3 of my reads were right (sorry dabackpack)
Still, vigi, come on. You know there's a better n1 strat and ya didn't do it!!

The suspicion on me is understandable. Whatever.
I will give the thread a re-read on a computer rather than my phone. There are obviously many reconsiderations to be made.

Yes this response sucks dick, but deal with it. If our vigi sucks dick and misses again we're screwed
Old 02-23-2017, 01:15 AM   #2263
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

..and Jade Harley doesn't make this any easier~
Old 02-23-2017, 01:19 AM   #2264
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Certainty View Post
Or someone he thought he could get mislynched later while taking the oppurtunity to get a different mislynch that he could claim was due to trusting sunfan and roundbox.
If AA wanted to protect me, why didn't he take the oppurtunity to read me town that sunfan presented him?
How do you feel about sunfan saying that we should lynch you first if you're with him in a team? :v
Old 02-23-2017, 01:30 AM   #2265
Hakulyte
the Haku

Let's say that the wolf team is

Witch/Jade/sunfan.

Does that make sense?

hmm
Old 02-23-2017, 01:38 AM   #2266
Witch of Certainty
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
How do you feel about sunfan saying that we should lynch you first if you're with him in a team? :v
Found the post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
I get why you don't like me, and I almost said "I don't care" but I do.

I know it looks like I am with Witch, and your comment about wolves not pushing mislynches is probably accurate, but its because no one is really pushing /any/ lynches.

If you think I'm with Witch, I think lynching Witch is better than lynching me.

I think its stupid people care so much about Witch having scumleans/reads when we don't know Witch at all. I know that by lynching suspected wolves, town attempts to solve the game etc etc, I'm not at all saying what Witch is doing is fine play, but it is what is happening. I don't think it is inherently wolfy. If I'm a wolf with Witch, I'm probably more likely to give Witch the blindreper treatment from uhhh the Sleepover game? I don't remember its name, but I kept blindreper as my #2 scum for the entirety of the game, but never got around to killing him.

I haven't pushed hard on any lynches because I don't fucking know anything this game, and its my fault. This is because I am town who is playing up the creek without a paddle. I do think DBP is the best lynch today because of how he has posted, and its gotten to the point where I think I can say he stands accused of the high crime of not appearing as consensus town by now. His posts are mostly 1-liners without much original thought, something that he smothers the thread with when he is town (he has some good moments, not gonna lie. The post he made about reading into my emotion earlier today felt somewhat genuine).

We are reading the game more similarly than I think you realize, we've mindmelded more than once, I think you're more likely town than not (fuck me if I'm wrong cuz then this post is pretty worthless).

Yes, I think Lar can die. I wouldn't feel that great about it, but yeah, he could die today. Am I pushing him? Not once, I think.

Yeah, Jade dying would be a bit unfortunate, it would certainly yield information regarding the weird as fuck (imo) wagon from early game. I'd probably clear Proph if Jade is scum for parking his vote like he has. I think people caring about Jade hiding behind a gimmick are doing it pretty terribly wrong. Am I pushing on Jade? Not once, I think.

I'm voting the only person I feel confident in killing today, and that's somewhat of a stretch (not too much of one, but I'm trying to be moderate because I don't feel great).

If this were MU, I'm rather sure people would've asked Witch to expand on their experience with Mafia, and link games on their home forum if there are any. The whole thing about having no scumleans would be cleared up in a second, and this is partially my fault for not thinking to ask (be the change you want to see in the thread yadda yadda).

I think how people have read so far Witch stinks, straight up. But I am town. Because of things, most of these being in my control, I have had a not-great first d0, and the scumreads/skepticism on me has become more and more justified as we've gotten closer to EOD, but

I'll be damned if I become a wagon with 2 hours remaining.

If you think Witch is scum, regardless of whether you think Witch is partnered with me or me with her, kill Witch. I think your read is bad and I think you'll more than likely kill a town for being different than you think town has to be in order to play the game of TWG.

I think we should kill Backpack.
Seems very much like he's saying "Witch is town, but if you insist on thinking they're not, lynch them and lynch them first even if you want to say we're partners for my defending them, because I'm town too even if I haven't made you see it yet."
Not "if I'm teamed with Witch, lynch them first"
Old 02-23-2017, 01:40 AM   #2267
Hakulyte
the Haku

Ah ok, it's just me not reading properly.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:50 AM   #2268
Witch of Certainty
FFR Player

Also noticed this post that I missed before (in no small part due to Charu spamming the question mentioned while I was replying to things), and I feel it deserves a reply:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
yes but WHO IS THIS PERSON in your opinion

Charu is asking you if the phase is ending 1 minute before you get around to responding, who would you vote/kill
I meant exactly what I said in the post you quoted, if nobody had come up that I wanted to vote, I'd look at the wagons that were there at the end and pick the one I disliked least. As for the kill part, that kind of "who would you kill?" question is dumb.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:51 AM   #2269
TWG Jade Harley
FFR Player

Quote:
I think I'm really uncomfortable with lynching anyone when I can't say they're scum. Plus the current wagons are people who either look townish to me or I expect will make themselves look better soon enough if they get the chance.

this was a great chance for you to throw out your own opinions on who might be suspicious to you! if the answer is nobody then maybe question people more and investigate??? sitting around just reacting to what people type isnt helpful!

See my above answer. But yes, I'd have to agree that mathematically and game momentum-wise, lynching is the better option. I'll vote for the person who I feel has the least townishness or potential for it at the end.

the problem i have here is you completely throw out progression here! thats a really important way that i judge the genuine motivations of potential wolves, because if the wagon goes a way that they dont foresee and they try to bail out their partners with an 11th hour vote, they can be scrutinized for it! its how people get held accountable for their votes! by refusing to make progressions in your scumleans, you're actively making yourself harder to read/trust!
Quote:
I would say the wolf is Hakulyte, but almost everything else about him looks like genuine town to me, so...???

this is such a wierd non answer to prophs question ._.

hes a wolf but also hes town???
Quote:
The wagon on sun was started just to provoke him and AA backed off quickly, which I don't like, nor do I like how he did it while calling for real wagons at the same time. The Proph wagon just sprung up over one post, the read of which I completely disagree with.

this is a good thought but wheres the action? you never pressured aa about this after this post, and you completely forgot about it. now sunfan is pretty much doing what you should have done and questioning aa about his motives directly!!

MML and Shado.

Any of my nulls.

you missed the point of the question, charu was trying to get a solid answer out of you and you didnt answer him

:[
Quote:
You.

ok i didnt really need to quote this post but i just want reiterate that this was a gross way to get out of answering a perfectly legitimate question >:[
Quote:
No.

I would not shoot you.

You're town, and I'm telling you to stop this shit.

then when charu accepts your answer you backpedal, deflecting the whole situation >.>

those are the things that triggered me the most when i was reading your posts at eod!! farther back than that its just you and aa bickering about playstyle and lack of reads

i would love for you to start poking people and proving me wrong about your unwillingness to scumhunt. you pushing back at me actually made me feel better about your slot! now do it to other people~

Old 02-23-2017, 01:55 AM   #2270
TWG Jade Harley
FFR Player

roundbox we havnt talked all game

you pretty much started the dbp wagon at eod, who do you think the wolves on it are??

do you have anything you want to ask me about?
Old 02-23-2017, 01:55 AM   #2271
Witch of Certainty
FFR Player

Ok, can I make a request?
The forum software here does not keep any quotes someone made when you quote their post. Which makes replying to a post like that a serious headache. Please don't do that.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:57 AM   #2272
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
If this were MU, I'm rather sure people would've asked Witch to expand on their experience with Mafia, and link games on their home forum if there are any. The whole thing about having no scumleans would be cleared up in a second, and this is partially my fault for not thinking to ask (be the change you want to see in the thread yadda yadda).
@Witch
Have you done that somewhere?
Old 02-23-2017, 01:58 AM   #2273
TWG Jade Harley
FFR Player

Quote:
Ok, can I make a request?
The forum software here does not keep any quotes someone made when you quote their post. Which makes replying to a post like that a serious headache. Please don't do that.
sorry :[

you could try copy pasting the quotes directly into your response but thats annoying i know, i wont do it again...
Old 02-23-2017, 02:07 AM   #2274
Hakulyte
the Haku

*yawn*

TWG Jade Harley
Old 02-23-2017, 02:08 AM   #2275
Hakulyte
the Haku

You have 3 votes.

Insta is 5.

Please panic a little more.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:15 AM   #2276
TWG Jade Harley
FFR Player

what good would that do???

im going to do my best this phase and i hope you do too haku!!!
Old 02-23-2017, 02:17 AM   #2277
Hakulyte
the Haku

I can't filter you because of your roleplay and this is a potentially critical moment of the game.

You'll have to choose.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:20 AM   #2278
TWG Jade Harley
FFR Player

i think your overthinking it!!

what are you relying on to read my slot???

am i acting wolfy? am i acting towny? list them and ask questions! tone isnt everything!!!
Old 02-23-2017, 02:21 AM   #2279
Hakulyte
the Haku

Going to sleep, I'll think about it tomorrow.

(if you're still alive)
Old 02-23-2017, 02:22 AM   #2280
Hakulyte
the Haku

roundbox not reacting is noted.
Closed Thread