Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-1-2024, 09:47 PM   #601
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG Turbo 35: A Small Gathering [GAME THREAD]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze with a Z View Post
I said that you being weird about the cop thing was nai. Now you are trying to argue that roundbox is a bad kill with holes in your logic and I can’t see a reason for this besides to argue you didn’t do it.
Did he argue it was a bad kill? I'm pretty sure he said it was probably the best choice and he hypothetically tried guessing who would consider what a better kill

It feels like you're skimming through and not fully understanding the context of what you're reading

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2024, 09:48 PM   #602
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetic View Post
Want to name any other beneficial outcomes perchance?
Kind of a stretch but could attempt to pocket the blue and try getting a good f3 going whether it's getting a town read from the pocket or killing blue and making it chaos again for f3

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2024, 09:48 PM   #603
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
Yes it does...? Why would I think it was interesting if I didn't think it had validity...? It made me think about if you had SK energy or not and yes you do
People use "interesting" to point at minor inconsistencies or just fluff observations without saying anything of substance. If you actually read Zenith's post, they were more trying to communicate "deepwolf" or "powerwolf" than "SK", which is something very different
leetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2024, 09:48 PM   #604
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
He townread her
he's right so yeah that is a good point that he made ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mellon_collie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2024, 09:49 PM   #605
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
Kind of a stretch but could attempt to pocket the blue and try getting a good f3 going whether it's getting a town read from the pocket or killing blue and making it chaos again for f3
Couldn't you pocket anybody though? Why would pocketing them in particular be helpful?
Old 03-1-2024, 09:49 PM   #606
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

I was tempted to ghost a little and try to play Rebirth tonight before bed but fucking clearly if I don't stay super active the thread goes off rails. Leetic shouldn't be in the running at all and I don't really like how noncommittal Raeko is being

Old 03-1-2024, 09:49 PM   #607
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
People use "interesting" to point at minor inconsistencies or just fluff observations without saying anything of substance. If you actually read Zenith's post, they were more trying to communicate "deepwolf" or "powerwolf" than "SK", which is something very different
This is a semantic argument that I don't think holds any weight. If I point it out in a post, it's for a reason. Whether I use the word "interesting" or something else does not matter

Zenith said what he said and he specifically said SK
Old 03-1-2024, 09:50 PM   #608
Haze with a Z

Quote:
Did he argue it was a bad kill? I'm pretty sure he said it was probably the best choice and he hypothetically tried guessing who would consider what a better kill

It feels like you're skimming through and not fully understanding the context of what you're reading
He seemed to confirm it while saying suboptimal kills and even said that if they were gonna kill someone like that they’d kill me
Haze with a Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2024, 09:50 PM   #609
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
I was tempted to ghost a little and try to play Rebirth tonight before bed but fucking clearly if I don't stay super active the thread goes off rails. Leetic shouldn't be in the running at all and I don't really like how noncommittal Raeko is being
So do you think it's Zenith or bust then? or you think me or Haze should be above leetic for some reason?
Old 03-1-2024, 09:51 PM   #610
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Reminder that if anyone hammers this phase they need to be lynched no questions in F3

You can make definitive stances without actually casting a vote if your target already has 2 votes on them

Old 03-1-2024, 09:51 PM   #611
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Couldn't you pocket anybody though? Why would pocketing them in particular be helpful?
You could, but generally people are gonna lock in that blue and follow it (especially if there's no counter, even in this case), pocketing them for the chance of them strong town reading you (best case scenario) would be way better than just pocketing some VT that you may or may not need to BS to get through.

Like I said, kind of a stretch, you really said the big one which is to keep alive and get more from it

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2024, 09:51 PM   #612
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:
I said that you being weird about the cop thing was nai. Now you are trying to argue that roundbox is a bad kill with holes in your logic and I can’t see a reason for this besides to argue you didn’t do it.
I haven't argued that it was bad, in fact I see it as the optimal choice from Zenith and Raeko's perspective and not far from the optimal choice from yours, and even MML can take advantage of WIFOM from that kill. It's more that I don't think it was the only option for a wolf to have taken, thus it might not be meaningless to consider other reasons why roundbox was killed other than "they're seer LOL".
Old 03-1-2024, 09:51 PM   #613
Haze with a Z

Idk lar it feels like you are also not reading what leetic’s said and then accusing me of this
Old 03-1-2024, 09:54 PM   #614
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:
This is a semantic argument that I don't think holds any weight. If I point it out in a post, it's for a reason. Whether I use the word "interesting" or something else does not matter

Zenith said what he said and he specifically said SK
I've played and won as SK and I know it's nothing like what Zenith said it was lol. Also, Zenith clarified their point, might want to take that into account.
Old 03-1-2024, 09:55 PM   #615
Haze with a Z

Quote:
I haven't argued that it was bad, in fact I see it as the optimal choice from Zenith and Raeko's perspective and not far from the optimal choice from yours, and even MML can take advantage of WIFOM from that kill. It's more that I don't think it was the only option for a wolf to have taken, thus it might not be meaningless to consider other reasons why roundbox was killed other than "they're seer LOL".
Your logic for other ways appears to have a large chance of it backfiring through which makes it then seem like they’d still be killed even if other options exist
Old 03-1-2024, 09:55 PM   #616
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
So do you think it's Zenith or bust then? or you think me or Haze should be above leetic for some reason?
If you read my posts from earlier in the day I have already removed Leetic from the table for a strong, active D0 and for his push on Roundbox being consistent with his day's progression

I also think his answers to my push this phase where solid enough

I also think Haze's case on them is weak and lacks a certain context

Frankly Leetic is above literally every one of you and it you make me vote Haze (my next town lean) to save him I'll do it

Vote should honestly be between Zenith and Raeko. Haze feels like confused town but Zenith just feels like he has an agenda and Raeko just feels like she's trying to stay just active enough without really making pushes of her own

Old 03-1-2024, 09:57 PM   #617
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:
He seemed to confirm it while saying suboptimal kills and even said that if they were gonna kill someone like that they’d kill me
Now I'll reveal the point of some of what I'm doing. Zenith was saying that roundbox was a terrible kill and that they'd never do that. But when I posed the question of who they would actually kill in this situation, they couldn't come up with a meaningful answer. If you're suspecting anyone for that logic, it should be Zenith.
Old 03-1-2024, 09:57 PM   #618
Haze with a Z

Lar have you even read what leetic is saying?
Old 03-1-2024, 09:58 PM   #619
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:
Your logic for other ways appears to have a large chance of it backfiring through which makes it then seem like they’d still be killed even if other options exist
All options have a chance of backfiring. If roundbox wasn't the seer, killing them could leave the real seer to check the wolf. It's just the nature of the game.
Old 03-1-2024, 09:59 PM   #620
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:
Lar have you even read what leetic is saying?
I was about to ask you the same thing