Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-1-2024, 08:56 PM   #541
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG Turbo 35: A Small Gathering [GAME THREAD]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
yall need a votecount? (please answer this question)
yes

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2024, 08:57 PM   #542
Haze with a Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetic View Post
My stance is they shouldn't, but it still happens sometimes. I don't know why that's so hard to grasp
I took note of it because it seemed like your mindset switched on it. I literally said it doesn’t seem ai so I don’t know why this idea doesn’t make sense to you though. Like you acted like no one would do it yesterday today you didn’t. Very basic facts.
Haze with a Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2024, 08:57 PM   #543
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Ok real deal going AFK

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2024, 08:57 PM   #544
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
I disagree with this post, our seer's opinion on where we should look today has the same weight as XelNya, the other town player that died, concreted by there never being additional info from a seer result and him not surviving to act as a clear. If you're going to operate on this logic, you should really also consider what Xel was doing.
The difference here was that roundbox was killed by the wolf. Even if the XelNya wagon was impure it may have been because it was the most immediate option. While you do have to consider that roundbox's seer claim made them a target, you also have to consider that roleblocking them would have also been an effective way of neutralizing them for N1 at least.
leetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2024, 08:57 PM   #545
Haze with a Z

I like votecounts as well
Old 03-1-2024, 08:58 PM   #546
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze with a Z View Post
I took note of it because it seemed like your mindset switched on it. I literally said it doesn’t seem ai so I don’t know why this idea doesn’t make sense to you though. Like you acted like no one would do it yesterday today you didn’t. Very basic facts.
Can you quote where I said that?
Old 03-1-2024, 08:59 PM   #547
Haze with a Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Ah, vote count got confused by host. That was reported but wasn't accurate.

I think you are getting the timeline mixed up, and I was willing to vote for him after his return had changed my opinion. I wasn't just sitting a vote there saying he's town, and when I determined this was the case I remember switching to Round fairly quickly in the scheme of things
I looked at the votecounts and I thought the original vote one was with you still on xel tbh
Old 03-1-2024, 08:59 PM   #548
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:
Self-Resolving is something that should be less on your radar right now

If we misslynch here nothing will be self resolved it will be a total coinflip
Who gets nightkilled is still information. Town would be unwise to ignore it.
Old 03-1-2024, 09:02 PM   #549
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:
Leetic is someone I have concerns about, mainly the concern that I might regret putting him into my town circle because he fits in everyone elses and I still have fear that a good wolf could actually be the most active in game and win it, and it has felt stronger because of EoD but not stronger in this phase so far. If I had to claim a read it's probably a PoE town lean.

Isolating Leetic is really a chore, we already know half of his posts are returning questions after someone makes any sort of individual thought so taking that as it is, he's engaged and is top poster. There's nothing glaringly suspicious to latch onto, maybe some takes and thoughts that others have chimed in on already, I just have had this horrible gnawing feeling this game could see a very active wolf and I'm nervous of the reality in which Leetic is it so I'm reserved while also noting that there is credible game solving and effort through Leetic which I can accept and give him that town lean. Really like... SK vibes you know?
Can you elaborate what you mean by "SK vibes"? It sounds more like you're talking about powerwolfing, SKs always want to make midground plays
Old 03-1-2024, 09:02 PM   #550
the sun fan
FFR Player

Zenith (1)- Lar

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2024, 09:05 PM   #551
Haze with a Z

Quote:
A seer claim can be confirmed by the lack of a counterclaim. It's not a question of losing future legitimacy.
Quote:
This will self-resolve (unless he's throwing and claiming Seer as VT). Vote XelNya instead.
Quote:
I assumed XelNya would CC if they were the cop. The self-vote was basically an admission that they weren't seer. Besides, I don't want to encourage a massclaim at D1, the Seer should've had cover if they weren't about to be lynched
Quote:
Just a note for future reference: if you are seer in that situation, you don't CC at EoD unless you're about to be lynched, instead laying low and getting a seer shot while confronting the fake seer (if necessary) the next day
Quote:
VTs do sometimes claim PR even in open setups to buy themselves a day and allegedly to give the real PRs cover. It's stupid, but that doesn't change the fact that some people do it. Regardless, you're better off focusing on those who are still living.
Quote:
If you are a Seer, you want to stay hidden unless necessary. Even if it's a 1v1, you want the extra clear that you can provide. I've seen situations like that happen, so I know what the correct play is.

There are prob a few other related posts but I’m not digging further to find them
Old 03-1-2024, 09:05 PM   #552
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:
think I'm comfortable in parking my vote on Haze, perhaps even throughout EoD, though I would listen to anyone's thoughts and other cases here. I think the combination of the being newer, can kind of latch onto someone else for cover rather easily, and a less informed kill on roundbox (this is purely my opinion here, I do not expect any of you to follow me with this logic) here points me more in the direction of seeing Haze's slot go.
I mean, I could definitely see Haze making the roundbox kill, it is definitely the most intuitive option. However, the thing we have to consider is from Raeko's perspective (and yours if we're being honest) there wasn't really a better option to kill. Of course, WIFOM, but I also find it interesting that you are dismissing my efforts to do NKA while partially justifying your read on Haze with NKA.
Old 03-1-2024, 09:05 PM   #553
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Why have you not decided? Your posts strongly indicate you would vote Zenith over Leetic simply because Roundbox was suspecting then (i got that impression when you literally said Leetic was your second pick after Zenith because of Roundbox) so I don't think my criticism is too early.

I suppose I would rather you vote Zenith over Leetic 100% of the time but I kinda wish you had stronger reasons
I haven't decided because I keep second guessing myself

My initial reaction was to go for Zenith because I had a feeling about him yesterday and to follow roundbox. But some of leetic's posts just rub me the wrong way in a stronger way than any of Zenith's do

I liked Zenith's "big post", I thought it made some good points. I have seen both town and wolves make these kinds of posts so looking at the content itself I thought it seemed pretty good

However he hasn't had much showing other than that and his reaction to the EOD stuff seemed over the top

I really did not like leetic's EOD with the posts telling people to claim. He also asks a lot of questions but doesn't seem to come to a lot of conclusions. Lots of words but not a lot of actual content when you read the posts and try to get an idea of where his mindset is actually at or who he thinks is suspicious
mellon_collie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2024, 09:06 PM   #554
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:

There are prob a few other related posts but I’m not digging further to find them
I don't see how any of these are contradictory. The second post even points out the possibility of a VT fakeclaim, lol!
Old 03-1-2024, 09:07 PM   #555
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
I don't see how any of these are contradictory. The second post even points out the possibility of a VT fakeclaim, lol!
It's not contradictory it's just... very focused on the seer claiming lol
Old 03-1-2024, 09:07 PM   #556
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Can you elaborate what you mean by "SK vibes"? It sounds more like you're talking about powerwolfing, SKs always want to make midground plays
There's this air of a hidden agenda about you, but personally speaking it's part of the double edged sword of starting to commit to someone being a solid town for someone.

I have this scenario in my head where you are in a great position right now, an easy mislynch here sets you up for final battle which I think given the position wolf would be in this hypothetical, they are as close as they would get to having a more secure victory, and this is where the paranoia is stemming from. I partially feel like my own play has contributed to this, as I consider myself somewhat of an easier lynch compared to some at the moment.

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2024, 09:08 PM   #557
leetic
FFR Player

Zenith, if you were wolf in this situation, who would you choose to kill N1? I'm just interested in hearing your answer and reasoning
Old 03-1-2024, 09:09 PM   #558
Haze with a Z

Raeko why do you write that leetic is your top town and then your second choice on the same page with seemingly nothing in the middle to change that
Old 03-1-2024, 09:10 PM   #559
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
Raeko why do you write that leetic is your top town and then your second choice on the same page with seemingly nothing in the middle to change that
can you quote where I called leetic town?
Old 03-1-2024, 09:10 PM   #560
Haze with a Z

Quote:
And then you say it would be throwing and not happen and don’t really mention that possibility anymore.