Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Batch Forum > FFR Songs and Artist Permissions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-8-2007, 07:52 PM   #6101
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

Default Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread

He means talk with grammar and full words.
Old 11-8-2007, 07:54 PM   #6102
omgitznpv
cohoooooon
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to omgitznpv Send a message via MSN to omgitznpv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zageron View Post
He means talk with grammar and full words.
AND learn the terms.
Old 11-8-2007, 07:55 PM   #6103
Brilliant Dynamite Neon
nobody fiffers anymore.

Send a message via MSN to Brilliant Dynamite Neon Send a message via Yahoo to Brilliant Dynamite Neon

So, basically:

- Your file now has to be a perfect, technically accurate wonderland, according the the vision of the two high-and-mighties jx and Rebirth.

- Even if the two high-and-mighties approve your file, it's all for nothing if Tass the oh-so-experienced-at-making-files-and-therefore-most-fit-to-judge-big-scary-admin doesn't like it.

- If you don't get your file to meet the ridiculous expectations the first time, don't even bother resubmitting; the Z team will automatically find a bunch of new bull**** reasons to reject it.

- If for some reason your file gets the same minor gripe from both judges, Tass won't even bother to play it, even if the file is awesome.

- If Tass doesn't like the song, auto-reject.

- Even if you do get a Joy Electric song in the game, Tass will make it offsync in attempt to frustrate players who try to AAA, and spite the sim-author.

Things are getting just plain ludicrous. By instituting this ultra-strict system that favors only a very narrow range of files and that is strictly in line with your preferences, you are disrespecting the different styles of sim-authors, and you are disrespecting people's preferences in stepfiles. Not everyone wants something to be a perfectly pitch-relevant epic, in line with the vision of only a few people. What could be boring or awkward to you might be the most fun stepfile ever to other people. Balloon Fever is widely agreed upon as a great file, but something that even loosely follows in its footsteps wouldn't have a chance today: "LoL oVArstPePpEd, dOez'Nt go tO MuZiK!!!!!1123"

In short, you favor the few and decline the many. Elitism is a growing theme: your widget slaves are the only people who have a good chance of getting files in the game. After my collab with dore, don't expect me to even think of making any more steps for FFR, unless you stop being ****heads by then.

A few last notes:
- I don't care who I offend. I'm pissed.
- If anyone else feels the same, I urge you to do the same.
- Anyone who tl;dr's this and blows it off as just another "wah you rejected my filez" post is a douche.

There.

Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes
Old 11-8-2007, 08:02 PM   #6104
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

pwnt
Old 11-8-2007, 08:07 PM   #6105
smartdude1212
2 is poo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

It's a shame, because I love your files, BDN.
Old 11-8-2007, 08:22 PM   #6106
scottish
FFR Veteran
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to scottish Send a message via MSN to scottish

On a side note:
Geno is French, hence the bad English. My apologies.
Old 11-8-2007, 08:24 PM   #6107
rshadow8888
FFR's Buizel

Send a message via AIM to rshadow8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliant Dynamite Neon View Post
- If Tass doesn't like the song, auto-reject.
Agree. Even though it was only one song. JX may have thought the song was lol, but he still gave it a plus because he felt the file was good. Every song out there is appreciated/liked by someone.
Old 11-8-2007, 08:41 PM   #6108
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Actually, I think song-filtering is a good idea, but only if the song is actually bad. I hate to play FFR files with bad songs almost just as much as bad steps. Of course, I'm not exactly saying Tass is doing the right thing, because I don't know what songs he's filtering, but I like the idea of it.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
Old 11-8-2007, 08:45 PM   #6109
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
What you said
Many of the statements you've made I was trying to point out numerous times, but I've been constantly scrutinized every time I've made an objective statement to a higher authority (not to mention ass-kisser MML).

edit: the most recent being posts in page 258-260 of this thread. MML being especially annoying on page 260.

edit #2:

Quote:
]- Anyone who tl;dr's this and blows it off as just another "wah you rejected my filez" post is a douche.
MML definitely

Last edited by bmah; 11-8-2007 at 08:58 PM..
Old 11-8-2007, 08:55 PM   #6110
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

while BDNs post is somewhat accurate... it's clearly skewed. no system will be perfect, and i rely heavily on the opinions of rebirth and jimerax.

rshadow: in most cases, a + from 1 judge isn't enough to get queue'd. i haven't done the math, but at least 90% of files +d by both judges are queue'd, if not more... and i'd say well under 50% that are +d by 1 judge aren't queue'd.
Old 11-8-2007, 09:05 PM   #6111
smartdude1212
2 is poo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Submitted my 2486-note file.
Old 11-8-2007, 10:16 PM   #6112
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

While I generally agree with BDN's thinking, and I have to say Tass isn't doing a fantastic job, I can't really blame him. He gets like 100 files every batch, and he doesn't want to queue most of them, or it'll be impossible to put all of them in the game. Heck, in a short time period the number of files on FFR have doubled. We have like 750 files now.

I can propose a solution, but it'll seem really unfair, and that's to drop the submission cap. Less submissions = more chance of files in queue.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
Old 11-8-2007, 11:16 PM   #6113
Vote4Nixon
Simdeist
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Vote4Nixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDN
tl;dr
Man, this reminds me of the lol **** that I used to post a LOOOOOOOONG time ago in this thread. Damn, IIRC, it was Rebirth and I that first sparked controversy over judging and it seems as if the complaints haven't changed much since, and MML is still a retarded ass-kissing douche that can't get a file queue'd to save his life.

I do agree with most of what you say BDN. But despite its quirks, the judging system has improved since the very first batch, and hopefully it'll continue to do so. GL trying to convince the judges of your opinions >_>

PS I was jk bout the tl;dr part
It's Super effective!

FFR Widget Songs
Wiggers are for wiggers...

Last edited by Vote4Nixon; 11-8-2007 at 11:58 PM..
Old 11-8-2007, 11:22 PM   #6114
jimerax
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax

as for EW's Toph's OP Remix, I have to say the song wasn't suitable for the game as far as I played. It's a cool song for listening, but due to the small volume and over-reverberant sound I felt it's quite unclear for solid steps and couldn't listen to some part of song very well. Volume amplification might work, I haven't tried it though.

Another thing, I've been thinking "more songs in the game is definitely better" until recently, but I noticed the increase of songs just makes the quality of the game worse.

It's because of the issue of current FFR R1 song selection system. I have no idea where new songs are placed anymore, plus it takes a lot of time to find the song I want to play in popular genre like D2, S-token, etc, which makes me not want to play the game anymore. so honestly I'm really against the increase of songs until this system is fixed.
Old 11-9-2007, 12:02 AM   #6115
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I was thinking, perhaps the interface of the song selection should be changed to accomodate for more songs; not only showing more songs at one time on the same screen, but perhaps making a quick scrolling feature that acts like a roulette wheel (like in stepmania).

Furthermore, if this is possible, there should be a way to organize songs based on difficulty or song name; this makes searching through several hundreds of songs easier.

I guess the downside is that all of these ideas would make FFR a stepmania replica.
Old 11-9-2007, 12:17 AM   #6116
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro

BDN, you know why your files don't go into the game now. If you're complaining about your files not making it anymore, you really have no right to say anything about it.

We could continue to judge nicely, and let in 30% of the files submitted, but with the size of the batches, and with the increasing expectations for simfile quality by you guys yourselves, we've gotta do something. We can't keep having the queue get to be 80 files +
Old 11-9-2007, 12:41 AM   #6117
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

changing the layout of the game is just a massive change to make.... and believe me, i know about the overcrowding and what not. we're trying to work to do a quick fix until we can finally get 3rd style released.
Old 11-9-2007, 04:42 AM   #6118
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

batch is officially closed... jesus. i compiled stuff 3 days ago and had 78 files (oct 18-nov5... 18 days). total batch: 147. 69 files in the past 3 days, including at least 20+ resubmits.

as much as i don't like it... i think we may need to re-adjust the way the batches work again. limit submissions more. 4 different people each submitted close to 10 files in the past 3 days, each with a ton of original and resubmit works.

thoughts on a stricter submission policy? the 147 has 0 strictness. didn't even hold over any of npv's or the other guys files. everything is in there. i've heard as much as closing submissions for a few months.... or limiting people to 2 per batch. etc. thoughts?

i've been thinking... perhaps 2 new submits per batch, 1 resubmit per batch, plus 1 extra submission in a batch for each file queue'd in the previous batch. if you submitted 0 in the previous batch, then go by the batch where you last submitted files. that way the big submitters of quality files will still be able to do so, and those who aren't doing quality files will be forced to work on more quality and make more decisions about which songs to step in the first place.

edit: based on winamp, the batch is 6 hours of files to play. plus time to make notes on each file @ 30 seconds per... looking at 7-8 hours of work for the batch. Hell, I think this is still doable in 1 week. 21 files a day isn't that much.

Last edited by Tasselfoot; 11-9-2007 at 04:47 AM..
Old 11-9-2007, 05:04 AM   #6119
Xandertrax
om nom nom

Send a message via AIM to Xandertrax

We definetly need to limit submissions. Even closing submissions until the queue cleans out would be fine with me.

But, for limiting, basing it off of the queue is a good idea. 10+ files per person is rediculous, especially if none of them are getting in the queue. It's just a waste of the judges time.

P.S. if you did this batch in 1 week that'd be epic. When can we expect a batch picture?
Old 11-9-2007, 06:32 AM   #6120
jimerax
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax

147? damnit. don't expect me to do them in a week.

As I've been suggesting, either submission limit or closing the entire submission for a while is needed. The limit should be like 1-1.5/week/person, independent of the submitter.

The Queue is just getting larger and larger (we need to release at least 2 files per a day to prevent the queue from getting larger), plus with the current game system throwing more massive files into the game isn't a recommended idea. We need to discuss the significance of this submission/judgement system.
Closed Thread