Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 01:15 PM   #101
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to mead1 Send a message via Skype™ to mead1

I've returned, and with me, I have a sack of opinions.

I haven't been in enough games to notice ever subtle nuances of behavior in a player, but it seems to me his accusing of Jursey doesn't have much merit. Maybe there is just something I am missing, but it appears the only evidence he offers up against her is subtle changes he thinks he notices. Intuition is all well and good, but there is a difference between a hypothesis and a shot in the dark, and this sounds like the latter. Even the quote he provides from Jurs doesn't seem to tell us anything. A great many of us have said something very, very similar.

On the subject of Neo, I see very little basis here either. He doesn't say what he did "out of nowhere", he said it after people had been suggesting reasons to kill flypie. That is the only thing he has on Neo.

Now, I'm gonna pull an Alain and be straight with you all, and throw out three names:

alainbryden
Lightdarkness
evilbutterfly

My reasoning behind this is as follows: each alain and eb have cast a vote for LD, this would make you think they couldn't be connected, but I feel it's part of a deeper stratedgy. eb backed up his vote with little to no evidence, and he knew no one would vote with him, so LD was safe and totally unconnected. Alain gave some good reasoning behind his vote for LD, but he also tried to incriminate 2 others. Assuming a few people did vote for LD because of what he said, a few would likely vote for one of the others, allowing the wolves to cast a stray vote or two and save LD. On LD I have only that which alain stated, and that he makes everything come full circle.

With this, my vote goes for alain.
Old 03-13-2005, 01:34 PM   #102
eyespewgreekfire
FFR Player

Ive talked with alain a good deal about things (and I was the one who mentioned the linguistic similarity in jurs ld and neon, implying they killed flypie because they figured out she was a special role) and will also vote ld. Jursey and Neon are both considerably weaker players. If LD dies, and there is a drop in quality of wolfings, I think it will imply that these three are a likely combination.

Old 03-13-2005, 01:35 PM   #103
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alainbryden
And LD? He is the only player I can think of that has the balls and lacks the immediate reasoning to attempt an attack on the second best player after tass on night one. He was also was very explicit in saying that "I was likely set up by the flypie killing" to make it easily look like he wouldn't kill because it would be too obvious. It wouldn't be the first time wolves took a step back for double reverse psychology this game. Also, he preceded neonatiras' strange words with a very similar idea, but ambiguous enough that no one could really catch on to the idea, unlike neonatrias.

It is thus that I have so far concluded that these three best fit the profile of the wolves, and and putting my vote today on lightdarkness

This shows you why I could not be wolf partners with LD. Use your head. And stop trying to type with flare. It's annoying. You aren't a storyteller.
Old 03-13-2005, 01:48 PM   #104
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to mead1 Send a message via Skype™ to mead1

Perhaps you ought to clarify why that certain quote exempts you from being a wolf. I offered an entirely reasonable explanation as to all of my suspicions, you have given a quote of yourself with no explanation to refute it. I have seen you in other games alain, you adapt and try new ideas. There is no obvious reason why I couldn't be right, and you haven't stated a veiled one.

And as to the way I type, it as how I have always typed. I refuse to change my style of speech for you because it annoys you.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:21 PM   #105
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

People who voted for TPS and what they said about him:

Afrobean - Bottom of Page 4, he says it's because of TPS's behavior in the chat. Doesn't really point out what behavior, though.

eyespew - On Page 4 he tells TPS to give evidence with his votes and says he thinks he only went after Alain because he wants to get rid of a big player. Later, however, he says people shouldn't be bandwagoning and considers changing his vote. It's obvious his vote was more of a warning to TPS than it was that he really suspected TPS (correct me if I'm wrong).

ImEric - Random, on Page 2.

Jursey - Right after Kilga, Jurs voted with several paragraphs that I really can barely follow. I think she's trying to say that TPS is just trying to fit in after his devious plot to kill alain failed. I think she assumes a few things...

Kilga - At the top of Page 5 he basically bandwagoned onto TPS (well, not totally. He, Afro, and Jurs all must have written their posts at the same time, as the post times are right on with each other). He said somebody of TPS's caliber should do better, but since when has TPS been of a very high caliber?? He has made stupid mistakes like this in the past, and I didn't think of him very highly (no offense). Also, Kilga usually gives more input than this with his votes, doesn't he? I can't really think of how Kilga acts, though, since he always posts so little.

LD - Page 2 In a random roll he voted for TPS, right after I voted for him for not voting. However, LD, who ought to be good with random voting now, posted that he rolled 1 16-sided die. There are 16 players, total, no? Minus blah and LD he should have rolled a 14-sided die. He rolled an eleven regardless, so, counting down the list and skipping his and blah's name, he shouldn't have voted for TPS, he should have voted for...mead. Wait a second...TPS is 10th down the list. Too many mistakes LD...too many mistakes. Well, I'm using the list on Page 1, may be he used the sign up list. Aha, TPS is number 11 there. Still, LD and blah are both before him, as is AP, so he should have voted Jurs by that list if he had done it properly.

Neo - Page 5, for flip flopping his vote around. Most of the flipping and flopping was due to TPS being confused about stuff. He really only changed his vote a couple times (which is completely normal for Day 1), if I remember correctly.

nforcer - Page 4, he voted TPS because he kept confusing names. I, for one, have been known to mix up eyespew and...hell, I can't even remember. One of those avatarless people who I always forget. Anywho, the point is, it was a pretty simple mistake, and it only happened once, but nforcer acted like TPS kept doing it.

Interesting things I saw:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans
Blue, over and out.

o wai
Totally missed that XD

Tass's vote for nforcer: He completely missed that nforcer explained his previously unmentioned reason right after he said that. I'd like to think Tass is more observant than that, but it could just be an honest mistake.

I think Afrobean is acting smarter than usual this game. Especially at the start of Day 1, he was more active and said very good stuff. As such, it seems a bit unusual that he would vote for TPS, when he ought to realize that TPS was just being stupid.

Anywho, I've been writing this post for a long friggin time (in Notepad (:P) since I made my last post earlier) so I probably have some thread reading to do after I make it. If anything I say is repeat of earlier, sorry!

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 03-13-2005, 02:30 PM   #106
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

Tps' first game saw him basically lead the wolves to a shutout victory, if I remember right. Not a bad first impression, wouldn't you say? That's why I hold him in high regard.

And whether Tps has been stupid in the past or not, I seriously doubt he's been that mindless before.

I'm getting sick of reading and re-reading this thread and not being able to see anything, so I'm going to take one solid look at it now and hopefully be finally able to produce a vote now that a bunch of people have written novels.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:32 PM   #107
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

To clarify for you eb... nForcer and I were writing our posts at the same time. My post came out 5 minutes after his, as is shown on the posts. After I posted, I saw his post, and posted again stating my feelings that his post attempting to clarify his vote for eyespew really didn't settle any of my feelings about him at the time.

Then, 1 hour later, he makes another post further clarifying his reasoning. By this point I was at MSG enjoying hotdogs and the national anthem being played by a trumpet. So, even if I had wanted to, I couldn't have changed my vote, as I stated in my post before I left. With that said, I completely disagreed with all the bandwagoning done onto TPS, as I stated once Day 2 started.... and I likely wouldn't have changed my vote off of nForcer, purely to not bandwagon TPS.

Regardless, my feelings aren't completely settled about nForcer, but it appears the group has moved onto other fish to fry, so I guess I will have to investigate the Jursey/LD/Neon trinity, with the possibilities of Alain/eb as well.... not that I'm too convinced of mead's logic. It is just slightly farfetched.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:37 PM   #108
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Not to try and completely blow Alain's theory out, but didn't I also mention that the flypie killing could be a setup against LD (or myself, due to her vote)?

And Tass, I figured you'd understand what nforcer was saying. He said there was something he hadn't mentioned, then mentioned it. Wasn't hard for me to catch, and you always try to appear like you're a friggin genius :P.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

Old 03-13-2005, 02:45 PM   #109
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Sorry... as I said above, I don't read into people's posts.... I took it literally, that he had some inside info or some such BS that he was hiding. And that reaked like hell to me.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:58 PM   #110
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

And, and about mead: his suspicion of me, Alain, and LD as a group makes me look to him more as a wolf. My reason for voting LD this game has not been based on entirely nothing. I wish I had pushed a vote for him last game, because he really was a wolf. Also, further evidence against LD (that I posted in my huge post) leads me even more against him. Alain's accusations aren't completely unfounded either, and I think you know this. I don't agree with his 3 wolf team that he's picked out, but I'm pretty sure he always picks an odd set that I don't quite agree with. Honestly, your bunch makes more sense than his bunch.

For that reason, I think it's obvious who we should vote for. Alain and mead don't agree on anything so far, except that LD is a wolf. I agree too, as do others. I hope LD comes and defends himself some...

And to explain my huge post: I had said before that I figured one of the wolves voted for TPS, because it was a dumb vote. From it, I guess I'll post who I think the other wolves may be:

Afro just seems a little too...not Afro. He was really smart and doing well, but then he voted for TPS. Alain says Afro tried to convince him that TPS was a wolf. Earlier in the chat Afro was like, well, he probably was human, but he was the best choice at the time. Story not matching up + different behavior = wolf?

LD, of course.

I figure the 3rd wolf is outside of that list. We'll see later, though. I'd have to look at the voting guide again anyway, and I have no time now.

Old 03-13-2005, 02:59 PM   #111
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly
Interesting things I saw:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans
Blue, over and out.

o wai
Totally missed that XD
Uh, don't take that seriously. I was making reference to infiltration, since I was blue? k?

k
Old 03-13-2005, 03:00 PM   #112
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

All right, after reading through, my eye has fallen on Neonatrias.

I decided to take a look at what alain had pointed out, and I agree that the "maybe the wolves got some information about her" line isn't a terribly good idea to formulate. At this stage in the game, the seer would've seen one person at most, and I doubt they looked at flypie given other players present. That would leave flypie on her own, and she's smart enough to not slip up to the point of revealing something to a wolf that would make her worth going out of their way to kill her this early.

No offense to flypie, of course.

Also, he said an effort to frame LD was a "bold move" and thus almost disregarded that idea in favor of his other one. The wolves have already shown themselves to be bold by killing blah Night 1, which almost everyone has pointed out by now. I also think that "killing Person A's friend to frame Person A" would hopefully be looked down upon by anyone who read TWG 4 (or was it 6?) where Kefit got killed Night 1 and people jumped on me the next day when I was the seer. (Have I reminded all the humans in that game lately how much I hate them? >_>)

Seems to me that Neo is making things up for him to hide behind.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:02 PM   #113
alainbryden
Seen your member

Mead. What fails in your theory, is that the same evidence you use to convict LD, is the evidence that I said. In addition to this, you said that I am connected to LD. It is impossible that If I were a fellow wolf of LD that I would present enough evidence to condemn him, yet little enough evidence that you would find me connected with him. It really makes no sence at all. The only reason whatsoever that you draw a connection between LD, EB and I, is because EB and I both voted LD. You really have no evidence whatsoever from which this investigation sprung and you are making up more crap then you have evidence to store it in.

As for your messed up sentance structure thanks to your substitution of rediculous synonyms, you may be taken more legitimately if you put down your damn thesaurus. You're not impressing anyone.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:23 PM   #114
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

I really don't see the suspicion around me. EB's vote is totally bogus, because I did use the sign up list, and TPS is the eleventh on there.

As for the others, I still don't see it. I posted those 3 things because I figured people would get suspicious if I didn't post. I really don't know what to think this game. Not knowing who is out there, what roles, ect... really throws people off. So, I'll pull a Tass here and say "Seer me" (If there is a seer), I honestly have nothing to hid, and would like to talk to those who are suspicious of me, and maybe I can put those to rest.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:26 PM   #115
alainbryden
Seen your member

That being said I will shift my vote to neonatrias, keeping in mind the possiblity that Flypie was the seer, confided to LD, who killed her, as is suggested by the series of events and the comments made my neonatrias preceded by LD.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:28 PM   #116
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

LD.... what the hell. C'mon. You're using the "Seer Me" line NOW? Honestly, you'll be lucky to live out the day, and up to now I was really trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. I haven't seen anything all that suspicious, although those who have made claims against you have had decent points...... but, WOW. That is really really smelly. It almost comes off as "I'm a wolf, and I'm going to use that line to try and buy myself a day, maybe draw out the seer."
Old 03-13-2005, 03:29 PM   #117
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

I'm really surprised that you all found my sudden intelligence to be wolfish...I guess it never occurred to you that I didn't feel like being called a stupid idiot anymore. Ap didn't even want me to play because he thought I was stupid...which is how everyone else felt the last game I played in. I kind of wanted to prove people wrong, but I guess you guys just find that if I act smarter, that means i'm automatically OF COURSE a wolf.

About the "the wolves are doing a pretty good job" thing...

The reason I said that was because blah to flypie was an interesting combination. I've never played with flypie for very long except that one time when I was a mason and she was killed quickly, and from the other TWGs I didn't think she was one of the strongest players. I never even heard ANYTHING from flypie except things like "hey sup" in chat, which is why the kill stumped me. I don't really see a connection between flypie and LD other than them being friends, but there was something I had a feeling about from day 1, and Alain can vouch for me saying this on day 1.

A few things have come to my attention. I, for one, haven't seen Hans talk too often. Probably because i've been out every night and working today, but I don't see him talking a lot. It reminds me of Infiltration. He told me that he was being active just enough to keep him out of suspicion from anyone, also, what about his "gut feeling"? I remember in the games when he was playing as a wolf he never told about his gut feeling, and I never saw him mention it this game. Where is it? If it's me and I find out about it, then something's definitely sketchy there. This isn't a revenge vote for him voting for me, I've been feeling badly about him from day 1, although that could result from OTHER things, but I just have. Since I have no other hardcore suspicions ...

HansSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:37 PM   #118
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot
LD.... what the hell. C'mon. You're using the "Seer Me" line NOW? Honestly, you'll be lucky to live out the day, and up to now I was really trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. I haven't seen anything all that suspicious, although those who have made claims against you have had decent points...... but, WOW. That is really really smelly. It almost comes off as "I'm a wolf, and I'm going to use that line to try and buy myself a day, maybe draw out the seer."
I do kinda see that and regret saying so, but I don't know what I can do to convince my humanity.

I honestly don't see where this "evidence" is coming from, but if you truely think I'm a wolf, I can't really do anything about that. However, if you would like to chat, i'm here to put your fears at ease.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:44 PM   #119
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

LD - eyespew, eb, (2)
Jursey - Hans, (1)
Alain - Mead, (1)
Neon - Kilga, Alain, (2)
Hans - Jursey (1)

Not Voted: Afro, Eric, LD, Neon, nForcer, Tass (6)
Old 03-13-2005, 03:55 PM   #120
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Also, deadline is in 4 hours. Instalynch is 7 votes.