Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 11:39 PM   #141
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan
Default Re: TWG Turbo VI: The Sixth Turbo - Game Thread

I am 5 posts into reading Lar's last wolf game and I'm sold that Lar is a wolf

he asked people directly if they rolled wolf and I feel like I haven't seen that in other areas of his play
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 10-24-2016, 11:40 PM   #142
juckter1
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I'm working on a reads thing right now
Old 10-24-2016, 11:41 PM   #143
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

ShadoWolfe

I personally don't really find anything weird about the interaction with him earlier, just seemed like he was trying to get any activity going in the thread. I think what bothers me most is how pushy he is about just having people throw out 3 names. I don't see a benefit in this and making things less of a "clusterfuck" Just basically putting people on the spot to throw out names with no substance behind it. And then saying to "help us hold each other accountable for reads down the line" I just don't see this. If people are just tossing things out there how does that help hold anyone accountable? I guess I just really can't see the benefit behind this.

end of phase is rapidly approaching so I'm going to throw a vote ShadoWolfe for now. Though I refreshed and now see that Paz responded and not sure how I feel on that. I feel like I'm mostly stuck between these two at the moment.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:41 PM   #144
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
@Haku I don't like how you didn't post after I said I was willing to give uour metachange time, didn't address, and then only dropped by to leave the names I asked for without saying another word. You got something to be nervous about?
I play depending on how I feel and right now, I feel like trying to get answers. I could play the self-conscious card about my meta, but every time I do that you guys go like "omg haku is questioning himself, how odd blablabla". I just want to get the action going and avoid all the backpedaling. This phase is too short for me to worry about meta right now. I'll happily discuss that with you another phase if I'm still alive.

btw, MML Wolf is less aggressive than MML Town in general. I don't tend to see him as wolf here and I think you're just being your usual individualistic self, but in your case, that's not really alignment indicative. I do like that you didn't hesitate to throw a list of players that we talked less about directly. So, I'm inclined to not consider you today.

As for the sunfan I already posted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
thesunfan, I'll make your life easy.

What I have against you is:

- Non-committal play while being fairly active
- Not really scum hunting (ShadoWolfe doesn't really count imo due to the above)
- No opinion of me. (seriously?)
- Town reading R.E Aryxi out of 1 post that could easily be fabricated. (no one knows R.E Aryxi's wolf meta, he should be Null at best imo)
- Low involvement with the core discussion.
I also can't believe he -out of everyone- go like "holy shit it's already EoD".

I also personally believe he has the experience to pull this off.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:42 PM   #145
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post

he asked people directly if they rolled wolf and I feel like I haven't seen that in other areas of his play
I haven't gotten back through all Lar's stuff yet but I will say what I did see so far did feel pretty different from last game. But that was as a replacement and not a full game, so I don't really know how he generally plays. But I will note I did feel slightly weird about him so far.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:42 PM   #146
thesunfan
Role Tide

lar also made a lot of posts about how they understood where other people were coming from but didn't really commit anything beyond that and that's exactly what he did to my earlier post as well as one from Haku, I think

I'm not moving my vote and I encourage other people to vote for Lar
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Quote:
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 10-24-2016, 11:43 PM   #147
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Votecount:

MixMasterLar (1) - thesunfan
ShadoWolfe (1) - psychoangel691
not voting - Hakulyte, Tokzic, Pazzaz, juckter1, ShadoWolfe, R.E. Aryxi, MixMasterLar

Posting at :00 is okay. Posting at :01 is not.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:44 PM   #148
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
I haven't gotten back through all Lar's stuff yet but I will say what I did see so far did feel pretty different from last game. But that was as a replacement and not a full game, so I don't really know how he generally plays. But I will note I did feel slightly weird about him so far.
I didn't read much of last game and I'm comparing this game to the game before when he was a wolf, but I see a lot of similarities between the two

I think if you are worried about Lar, you should look back at the interactions between Lar and Shado and determine whether or not you think it is slightly more than plausible (couldn't find a good descriptor here) for Lar and Shado to be wolves together
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-24-2016, 11:45 PM   #149
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

In Survival, MML has been a lot less aggressive than in this game. I don't think he's crazy enough to be this aggressive as wolf.

I'm staying on thesunfan
Old 10-24-2016, 11:46 PM   #150
thesunfan
Role Tide

@Lar, kind of unrelated, but something I try to do as a TWG mod is make sure all the people not from FFR understand the rules
so I left a link to a tl;dr of the FFR TWG rules on Pazzaz's wall earlier today, so asking newer players what the rules are is a question that will probably not work for you very often assuming people click the links I give them
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-24-2016, 11:46 PM   #151
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazzaz View Post
Okay, I'm back from my slumber to defend myself as several people see me as suspicious. I understand why you would as I left without saying much, but don't try and use me saying "I have never played werewolf" as proof that I'm a werewolf. I obviously meant the game "Werewolf".
That wasn't my point, hombre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazzaz View Post
Also I mostly acted weird toward lar as I thought he was acting pretty aggressive towards me.
I did too but SunFan disagrees

Quote:

I asked Paz and Aryxi and....no one else? I'm the top poster in post number and you accuse me of pretending to be more active when I asked 2 people with follow up posts?

Weak

Quote:
Originally Posted by juckter1 View Post
I'm working on a reads thing right now
H U R R Y

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 10-24-2016, 11:46 PM   #152
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
In Survival, MML has been a lot less aggressive than in this game. I don't think he's crazy enough to be this aggressive as wolf.

I'm staying on thesunfan
He's not been aggressive though, he's been overtly polite wtf
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-24-2016, 11:46 PM   #153
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
I didn't read much of last game and I'm comparing this game to the game before when he was a wolf, but I see a lot of similarities between the two

I think if you are worried about Lar, you should look back at the interactions between Lar and Shado and determine whether or not you think it is slightly more than plausible (couldn't find a good descriptor here) for Lar and Shado to be wolves together
With 15 minutes left I'm not sure I could really make a solid decision on that right now. But I do want to try to get through all Lar's posts before time is up which is where I'm headed now.

Juckter feels alright for me so far mostly out of being more present than last game where he was a wolf (though I did come in at a later phase so don't remember his D0 game in it) but for now comfortable leaving him alone.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:47 PM   #154
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
@Lar, kind of unrelated, but something I try to do as a TWG mod is make sure all the people not from FFR understand the rules
so I left a link to a tl;dr of the FFR TWG rules on Pazzaz's wall earlier today, so asking newer players what the rules are is a question that will probably not work for you very often assuming people click the links I give them
I didn't know you did that, pretty cool.

If you read my post you'd know why I was asking that though, so I don't get why you're pointing this out.

Old 10-24-2016, 11:47 PM   #155
thesunfan
Role Tide

not pretending to be active by asking people that, but it looks like you're prying for info when in actuality its a pretty easy question to ask and probably won't help you determine people's alignment(s)

did it help you?
what did you try to get out of people by asking them if they rolled wolf?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-24-2016, 11:47 PM   #156
thesunfan
Role Tide

not pretending to be active by asking people that, but it looks like you're prying for info when in actuality its a pretty easy question to ask and probably won't help you determine people's alignment(s)

did it help you?
what did you try to get out of people by asking them if they rolled wolf?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-24-2016, 11:49 PM   #157
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:

I'm staying on thesunfan
I would truly appreciate it if you stop voting me when we play together based on a set of expectations that you seem to have about my play

I believe that your expectations for what my game is or what you want to see is just plain off, and I don't mean this like as an insult, because I'm probably worse at reading you than you are at reading me

I can't give you what you want and I'm not going to change how I play so that you can develop a better meta read on me
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-24-2016, 11:50 PM   #158
thesunfan
Role Tide

we need more votes
idc if you plan to move your vote, votes need to be placed so that wagons become clear
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-24-2016, 11:50 PM   #159
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

I think at this point I will go with Haku

Don't wanna lynch Paz now that he's back and I don't wanna mislynch Shado for like the 4th time. I do suspect them both at this juncture

Anyway I feel Haku is a safe vote as I really really can't get that meta point I made out of my head earlier

Old 10-24-2016, 11:50 PM   #160
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Pazzaz Welcome to TWG. I presume that (unless this is an alt) you're pretty new to the site

How ya liking it so far?
this is not aggression
Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread