Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
Hazelle
Let's GO.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Hazelle
Default A month and a half left.

Of school. (HOPEFULLY)
I need to vent. Maybe there's some magic potion or something I can drink that you guys know about to get this all fixed.

I'm stressed like ****. I can't handle this. I'm only taking 3 classes (well 5 technically, but one is you only meet every other saturday for 2 hours, the other is work)
I have classes monday and wednesday. I work tuesday and thursday. I get home for all four days at 4. I get up at 7 am. Ohio history is the only class that is really taking up my time every day - so much hw (read 40 pages, then do assignemnt and quiz). THe other two classes (torts and business) i need to pass in order to graduate. I filled out my graduation application and all that jazz in november. Apparently I'm supposed to hear something about it in april.
Anyway, Spring break is here. Doesn't matter htat it's spring break, I have to study for the business midterm that's next monday (Yes, i'm failing that class. The assignments I guess I just dont get??) I don't know. I'm redoing the assignments for her to look over - I want to get that done tomorrow night. I don't get any extra credit, but I want to get feedback before the midterm. I've also been doing extra credit (1 pt for each case analysis. She picks sutdents randomly and you have to read it aloud. You gotta make sure that you understand the cases or else you dont get any points)
I also have a torts paper due in early April - I havent had really time to do research for it, so I'll be spending this week researching and starting to type it up (hopefully). It's supposed to be at least 7 pages long. I've only found one case that's about my subject.
Then there's the ohio history paper that's also due in april. That's also supposed to be at least 7 pages long. I have the books and i want to so badly get started on it, but torts is more important. I dunno. I feel like I shouldn't until I crack down on the torts paper.
I still have to work this Tuesday and Thursday. My co-worker quit so I'll be taking more tasks , which actually I'm tahnkful for, the last couple of weeks I've been feeling useless in the office. It's still not "paralegal" stuff, but whatever. Can't have everything right?
If I don't pass my classes, I'll have to redo this whole semester in the fall. I don't want to do that. I really really really really really don't. I feel like a failure guys and I've been trying to just enjoy the last 3 or so days into just doing absolutely nothing. I started actually doing hw today and the stress is just too much.
Also, I'm at 13 credits, (12 for full time student). If I drop below 12, I'll have to start paying back my loans. No more financial aid. I can't just simply "drop a class", in since 2 of the classes are dependant on graduation, or whatever. I dont know how to explain this, my mind is scrambled.
There's probably a person or a mob of people out there who read this who are thinking "lol you have it easy". I just...I don't know..how to handle this. I've never failed a class before and I don't want to withdraw (withdrawal date is april). I pretty much feel like drowning and I can't handle this at all.
Is there some way I can get all this shit done this week while managing to have some free time left?
I just feel like a complete failure. My family's supportive and know I'm failing the business class, and they say that it's not the end of the world - I'll just take it next semester.
Still.
That'd be starting my 4th year....for a 2 year degree? Like what the ****?? I couldve just gotten a 4 year degree, with much higher loans.
I'm so so so SO sorry for just, puking this up on the forums. I figure:
A) It'll be locked
or
B) it'll be deleted
or
C) people will help
or
D) People will be assholes.
Whatever the case, I've been trying to push this stress/problem aside and not shit all over my FB/twitter/ everywehre about this whole mess because it's so negative, but I can't keep it in amymore. :l
Help. Please.
<3

TL: DR; If you didn't read, then don't bother posting.

I guess what i'm trying to get at, is that I need to know that it's possible to graduate this semester, that there's still hope. I feel like there's not light at the end of the tunnel and it feels awful.

EDIT: Thank you guys <3 You're the best!

Last edited by Hazelle; 03-12-2012 at 09:21 PM..
Hazelle is offline   Reply With Quote